DWill0916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thinking about competing in physique

I have been giving a lot of thought lately about doing a competition within the next year and think the mens physique could be right for me. I plan on going to one of the NPC shows near my hometown next month to get a feel for the whole thing and see how I stack up against the top competitors. Hoping anyone who knows about the physique division or has competed in it before could take a look at my pictures and see how they believe I would stand and what improvements I need to make before I do a competition. Thanks.photo.JPGphoto-1.jpgphoto-2.jpgphoto-3.jpgphoto-4.JPG

L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    looking good, only thing is that you have a bulky waist. cant tell if its obliques or fat
    "The body achieves what the mind believes."

"Normality is what the weak call living, I call it death."

"Suffer the pain of discipline now or suffer the pain of regret later."

“To succeed you must first improve, to improve you must first practice, to practice you must first learn, and to learn you must first fail.”

"A goal without a plan is a wish."

Arabianmuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arabianmuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arabianmuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arabianmuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arabianmuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arabianmuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arabianmuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arabianmuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arabianmuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arabianmuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arabianmuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by L4ctose View Post
    looking good, only thing is that you have a bulky waist. cant tell if its obliques or fat
    I agree. Work on the V taper bro. Other than that you're looking good.

L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) L4ctose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yeah work on the v taper that make hoes wanna r*pe ya
    "The body achieves what the mind believes."

"Normality is what the weak call living, I call it death."

"Suffer the pain of discipline now or suffer the pain of regret later."

“To succeed you must first improve, to improve you must first practice, to practice you must first learn, and to learn you must first fail.”

"A goal without a plan is a wish."

Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate all I can get whether it be good or bad. I agree the waist does look a little thick in those pictures and it may be a little bulky right now because I have been trying to add some size over the past few months and have been performing no cardio and eating a lot! so before I did a competition I would definitely try and lean out some more which may make the waist look a little better. Maybe these pictures are better to judge the waist and the v taper by, let me know what u think.
    Attached Images

hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DWill0916 View Post
    Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate all I can get whether it be good or bad. I agree the waist does look a little thick in those pictures and it may be a little bulky right now because I have been trying to add some size over the past few months and have been performing no cardio and eating a lot! so before I did a competition I would definitely try and lean out some more which may make the waist look a little better. Maybe these pictures are better to judge the waist and the v taper by, let me know what u think.
    Don't get too hung up your "bulky waist". You look pretty low bf and it's clearly not fat on rolls. Men's Physique seems like the division for you. My constructive criticism, continue improving in ALL areas of your body. Do a couple of shows and get used to the mental stress and dieting. If you plan on taking it to the next level and want to compete in nationals, you're eventually going to have to get bigger. Not putting you down at all, you clearly have great muscle definition. But really focus on getting a little bigger over the next couple years. Tip - the judges told me I needed more Upper chest and lats. So maybe concentrate on those areas too haha

Good luck brotha
    ~~Nationally Qualified Men's Physique Competitor~~

~~Online Personal Trainer~~

My Contact - ExtremeFitness07@hotmail.com

Originally Posted by hardworker1128 View Post
    Don't get too hung up your "bulky waist". You look pretty low bf and it's clearly not fat on rolls. Men's Physique seems like the division for you. My constructive criticism, continue improving in ALL areas of your body. Do a couple of shows and get used to the mental stress and dieting. If you plan on taking it to the next level and want to compete in nationals, you're eventually going to have to get bigger. Not putting you down at all, you clearly have great muscle definition. But really focus on getting a little bigger over the next couple years. Tip - the judges told me I needed more Upper chest and lats. So maybe concentrate on those areas too haha

Good luck brotha
    Thanks for the feedback and advice man. Getting bigger is definitely going to be my focus for a while until I get close to doing a show. Especially in the chest as it has always been my weakest area but it has improved a lot lately. Good luck in your next show big man.

tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tydownsfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You look awesome man. Nice and thick. I wish I could have that much size. I think you would do really well in MP. Go for it.
    ***ISSA CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER***

ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ama828 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lookin good! Any shots of your back and legs?

Chest seems to be lacking IMO

hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DWill0916 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback and advice man. Getting bigger is definitely going to be my focus for a while until I get close to doing a show. Especially in the chest as it has always been my weakest area but it has improved a lot lately. Good luck in your next show big man.
    No problem man, anytime. Thanks, I'm doing this show in November for fun then going to Nationals next year to earn that pro card! Keep up good work bro
    ~~Nationally Qualified Men's Physique Competitor~~

~~Online Personal Trainer~~

My Contact - ExtremeFitness07@hotmail.com

Originally Posted by ama828 View Post
    Lookin good! Any shots of your back and legs?

Chest seems to be lacking IMO
    Thanks man. I agree, chest is definitely lacking but I'm gonna keep working hard on it! I will get up some pics of back and legs asap

splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50) splerf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Something that has helped me out in guaging my physique and those that are taking overall placings and earning their pro cards is just look at pictures of them. Check out some national shows, youtube has a lot of videos of pro comps. But I find it easier to see who is winning and why when looking at comparison photos. Remember it is a fitness model look, not just a male model look. Judging in my area is a little inconsistant, so that is why I look at national shows.
    I also feel that hardworker1128 is correct. If you bring up an areas that you are lagging and do a few shows, you should get some good feedback from judges. My first MP comp will be in spring of 2013, and I hope to get a lot of feed back on where I stand.

thanks for all the feedback everyone. here are some legs and back shots. the legs definitely are not where I want them to be yet, especially calves, but I have been working them a lot lately and throwing them in on more than just leg day and they are coming along nicely. also the back shots are not the best, its hard to do a good back shot by yourself with a phone. let me know how its looking. thanks.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by splerf View Post
    Something that has helped me out in guaging my physique and those that are taking overall placings and earning their pro cards is just look at pictures of them. Check out some national shows, youtube has a lot of videos of pro comps. But I find it easier to see who is winning and why when looking at comparison photos. Remember it is a fitness model look, not just a male model look. Judging in my area is a little inconsistant, so that is why I look at national shows.
    I also feel that hardworker1128 is correct. If you bring up an areas that you are lagging and do a few shows, you should get some good feedback from judges. My first MP comp will be in spring of 2013, and I hope to get a lot of feed back on where I stand.
    Yeah man I believe that will help me out a lot, I plan on going and watching one thats coming up next month and then looking for one to enter around the same time next year. Good luck in your show!

EM86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EM86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EM86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EM86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EM86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EM86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EM86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EM86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EM86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EM86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EM86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Calves look pretty good to me from that angle. The best thing is to just do a show and see where you stand, then take it from there. It really is a fun experience and you meet a lot of great people.