defiledx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defiledx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defiledx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defiledx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defiledx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defiledx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defiledx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defiledx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Doubts about SS.

Hi,

SS is the best for beginner bodybuilders because it allows you to gain necessary strength, to transition to building size a lot easier.

Is this basically the reason of doing it? or does SS put on a decent amount of size?

I'm having doubts, because I think SS has a higher degree of injury, if you do the lifts with improper form. I was stupid and injured my hip joint a week a go, and it's just about recovered now...

But I just want to make sure, by following this, what will I benefit out of it? I want to follow it for 6 or 9 months.

I love the frequency of the program, I never really liked volume training, where you do so many sets of one body part a week, then wait a week and continue. Everyone seems to do this -_-

So if you could convince me exactly why it's an important program to follow for 6 - 9 months, that would be great.

Thanks

BAMBl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by defiledx View Post
    Hi,

SS is the best for beginner bodybuilders because it allows you to gain necessary strength, to transition to building size a lot easier.

Is this basically the reason of doing it? or does SS put on a decent amount of size?

I'm having doubts, because I think SS has a higher degree of injury, if you do the lifts with improper form. I was stupid and injured my hip joint a week a go, and it's just about recovered now...

But I just want to make sure, by following this, what will I benefit out of it? I want to follow it for 6 or 9 months.

I love the frequency of the program, I never really liked volume training, where you do so many sets of one body part a week, then wait a week and continue. Everyone seems to do this -_-

So if you could convince me exactly why it's an important program to follow for 6 - 9 months, that would be great.

Thanks
    Its not important, its just a good option to begin with and gain experience in compounds and strength.
    Learn the correct form for all the exercises there is no issue, however you dont NEED to do it at all, you can do a hypertrophy routine and get big.

defiledx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defiledx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defiledx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defiledx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defiledx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defiledx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defiledx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) defiledx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BAMBl View Post
    Its not important, its just a good option to begin with and gain experience in compounds and strength.
    Learn the correct form for all the exercises there is no issue, however you dont NEED to do it at all, you can do a hypertrophy routine and get big.
    Like a sacroplasmic one? I read that there were two forms of hypertrophy?

Anyways, don't know. I've seen people go: "Wish I did SS!".

How much strength can you build doing a 8 - 12 rep program.

Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Almost all programs that do not follow a bro split will build mass with a proper diet. SS is a good start as it will help to perfect and improve on your most important lifts from the get go. It is probably not necessary for to follow for a long time. Don't get caught up in what is optimal for hypertrophy.

Originally Posted by Pablizzo View Post
    Almost all programs that do not follow a bro split will build mass with a proper diet. SS is a good start as it will help to perfect and improve on your most important lifts from the get go. It is probably not necessary for to follow for a long time. Don't get caught up in what is optimal for hypertrophy.
    Yeah, you're right. I'll just stick to SS until I reach my goals I had planned. I want to be able to lift 100kg on all compound movements, if I can.

ButteredWaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButteredWaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButteredWaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButteredWaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButteredWaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButteredWaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButteredWaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButteredWaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButteredWaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButteredWaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50) ButteredWaffles will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you keep adding weight to the bar, and eating a surplus, you will get bigger. You will gain lots of strength with good amount of size

kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ButteredWaffles View Post
    if you keep adding weight to the bar, and eating a surplus, you will get bigger. You will gain lots of strength with good amount of size
    Well you can't hit a bodypart hard enough when it comes to noobs they should be getting strenth to lift heaver that means more stimulation for the muscle. After 1 year full body you can change to a split routine and btw you dont have to change your exercises . You just need the 3 basic exercises (squat,deadlift and bench press)

AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    what are you doubting? the fact that you can injure yourself using it?
    you can injure yourself using any program if doing lifts with improper form, whether it be SS or not.
    if you eat at a surplus like the program suggests you do - then yes youll gain a respectable amount of size from it - but youll also gain strength a lot faster than using some other program. however, of course it isnt necessary to do it as a beginner .. probably just best.
    "It is what you do with the knowledge that dictates who you are" - Xuaxace
    Exclusive AdiPower crew: AdamNW, Xuaxace

★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142078571&p=827696231#post827696231
    Feel free to join!

AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamNW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

sarcoplasmic hypertrophy refers to sarcoplasm building up in muscle cells, thereby expanding them (making them bigger). the other kind of hypertrophy youre thinking of is myofibrillar, which muscle tissue itself being damaged and rebuilt bigger.
    doing an 8-12 rep program wont bring you as much strength, as strength more so comes from neural adaption which occurs more so in lower rep ranges. so to answer your question - not as much strength, probably more size though.
    "It is what you do with the knowledge that dictates who you are" - Xuaxace
    Exclusive AdiPower crew: AdamNW, Xuaxace

★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142078571&p=827696231#post827696231
    Feel free to join!

ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZackeryVon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Look up Babylover's SS. Also referred to as BLSS
    "The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint; the greats were great because they paint a lot."

For personal coaching in diet, training and supplements PM me or check out my ******** page: www.********.com/2strongvon

Originally Posted by ZackeryVon View Post
    Look up Babylover's SS. Also referred to as BLSS
    Yeah I read it before. Basically all I found him to say is: "SS neglects upper back, don't do power cleans, it's ok to add more exercises, do dips, do overhand chin ups and train more frequently if you can".

I'll do this, seems to make more sense.

Could I do a chest variation for the dips? For some reason I just want to grow my chest out, I feel like a weak bish atm XD

princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princeofpersia9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Didn't read.

Don't doubt.

Go squat

TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimHarrison is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's good for size, you just gain size in more important places instead of focusing on mirror muscles.
    Gonna get 99 Strength, Attack, Defence, Hitpoints and Agility IRL brah.

Ju1cin is just really nice. (+1000) Ju1cin is just really nice. (+1000) Ju1cin is just really nice. (+1000) Ju1cin is just really nice. (+1000) Ju1cin is just really nice. (+1000) Ju1cin is just really nice. (+1000) Ju1cin is just really nice. (+1000) Ju1cin is just really nice. (+1000) Ju1cin is just really nice. (+1000) Ju1cin is just really nice. (+1000) Ju1cin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah I read it before. Basically all I found him to say is: "SS neglects upper back, don't do power cleans, it's ok to add more exercises, do dips, do overhand chin ups and train more frequently if you can".

I'll do this, seems to make more sense.

Could I do a chest variation for the dips? For some reason I just want to grow my chest out, I feel like a weak bish atm XD
    Stick to the program, when people start messing around with it, thats when they don't see the results they wana see.

Here's my progress on BLSS over 4 months. 1 month of that was cutting. If you're more committed you could get better results than me cuz I fkd around a fair bit.
    I Rep Back 500+

JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The key to getting success in the long run is to do what you believe in and what you enjoy. If you don't then motivation remains low and progress is almost impossible. If you don't believe in this program then it's ok to change to a different one. Hell even if a bro split gets you jacked up to go to the gym and destroy it that's better than doubting yourself on ss.

RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000) RollTideNation is a name known to all. (+5000)

The two types of hypertrophy are sarcoplasmic and myofibular.

In sarco, you are pretty much just filling the muscle up with water and a type of "goo" found in muscles. You need to train in the higher rep range (8-15) and use lower rest periods between sets (30-90sec). With this type of hypertrophy, you will see greater size gains, but you aren't actually building more muscle fibers.

In myo, you are actually building more muscle fibers, creating a denser muscle. This form utilizes the CNS more than sarco, because you train in the lower rep ranges for it (1-5). You will have long rest periods between sets (2min+, it's however much time you need to recover). Even though you will be building a bigger muscle, sarco will result in greater seen size gains. With myo, it's really all about density and strength, with some size. Look at powerlifters and strength athletes. They have very dense, hard looking muscles, (insert joke here).

You can go with a hybrid system, like Elliott Hulse uses. You don't have to do SS. There are better options when it comes to size gains. SS is fantastic for beginner strength gains, and will build mass if you eat enough. If you're going for pure size, look into Reg Park's beginner routine or All Pro's beginner routine. I like the 5x5 approach for beginners, because it will build strength and mass due to the higher volume. Strength progression might be a little slower than with a 3x5 like SS, but you will see greater size gains with the extra volume. I would strongly recommend Reg Park's beginner routine. I tend to reserve the 5x5s for athletes and intermediates. Hope this helps.
    This post is Natypes approved.
    Natypes crew

I'm also a gun snob.

thousandmiles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Pablizzo View Post
    You're saying bro splits don't build mass?? lool

bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How much SS will benefit you depends on a ton of variables.

I agree with the main concept of Starting Strength, but I don't believe it is optimal in all scenarios. For example, if someone starts with an athletic background, I believe a high frequency, high volume routine is necessary, but for someone who lacks coordination, I believe they should stick to the basic core lifts to develop their CNS.

I believe a concept that is similar to a rubber band effect. I encourage beginner lifters to lift with high frequency and high volume, but have a planned deload session about every 4-6 weeks. When I experimented with this, I had decreased physical performance in the 5th and 6th weeks of my program, but after my deload week my lifts skyrocketed.

This is just my belief, and I encourage you to try it, but there are numerous methods that can be beneficial.
    The University of Tennessee
    Kinesiology | Biology

-----------

youtube.com/user/bradleyroepke

Thanks guys, I guess it's important to learn the compound lifts first before venturing the deep end of bodybuilding. Thanks for the replies

Originally Posted by princeofpersia9 View Post
    Didn't read.

Don't doubt.

Go squat
    LOL! I love squatting XD