Krazzyjman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lingering elbow pain

About 3 months ago while doing a warmup set of dumbell bench press I felt a weird pain in my elbow. It wasn't quite a popping sensation but it was fairly close. I took about a month off from lifting completely except a test lift every week or so to see if I had pain still. The pain only occurred when I was pushing a weight, not pulling weight. (Hurts on bench press, shoulder press,ect Does NOT hurt on bicep curls, back rows, ect) After the month off, my elbow would still feel weird while lifting. I have been back into going 100% for a little more than a month now, the whole time I could go 100% but my elbow would feel weird, it would have a slight tingle while lifting sometimes, other times it would tingle after I was finsihed, things like that, never pain.

About a week ago, it the tingles were more frequent and a little more intense. Then a couple days ago, I was doing a machine press for chest and felt the same exact sensation I felt when I first hurt my elbow. I tried to lift yesterday but could not because it was very painful. I tried rubbing aspercream on it and that just made it hurt worse. I have been using the rice method and today it still hurts to lift small amounts of weight (10+ pounds).

Anyone have any experience on what it could be or how to go about treating this?

My plan is to go to the doctor to get it checked out if it still hurts after this week of taking a break from lifting.

Any thoughts would be great. Thanks!