Page 98 of 139 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 4167
    Just doing the prep work! jjeane's Avatar
    jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tina722 View Post
    Very cool, I loved watching that. it's amazing to be reminded of the progression.
    Ninja. Yes, I will go back and make one for the cleans as well. You will be able to see how high I used to catch it and ride it down. I am not as fast as I should be but way faster than before.
    Spoon Barbell Club

My Journal- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147722593

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Set your bar high, be kind, and do more of what makes you stronger. Eleiko

Love over fear

jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    Awesome video Jani!!!!! That was fun to watch
    We are all posting at the same time! Hi Lori! Yes, I thought it was pretty cool. The beginning kinda makes me like that is BAD! But by the end, I am like WOW!
    Spoon Barbell Club

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Love over fear

mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hope you don't mind Stenn, but I just quoted you in my signature.
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

TEAM AMAZON - Sisterhood of Iron

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Be right over for clam chowder and crap ton of chicken! Is a beautiful sight.
    My Journal
    Sometimes there's lifting talk. Sometimes notsomuch.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135168601

*Sponsored* ProMera CapsiBlast=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153005161

*Sponsored* ProMera Con-Cret=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

Benched 185x2 and isn't afraid to tell you ALL about it:)

Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have old videos of myself from when I was first getting started. I try not to watch them. It's as painful as a video of one's self in the school play, unable to remember one's lines. Yeah, they're that bad. Still, they serve as a reminder of the results of consistency and hard work.

You've made great progress even in the short time I've known you and it has been exciting to watch. I look forward to seeing where you go from here.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    And let's not forget to thank Stenn ^^ either. He was able to provide real-time and real-life feedback that technology will not duplicate...

And you know the real scary thing is, JJ? Well, do you?

The scary thing is that this is just the beginning. You're still a newbie. Wait until your strength level goes up.. Then we're talking C&J with blue and green plates.. (That's 75-kilos or 165-lbs..I wanna save you from calculating..)
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's a nice compilation there, JJ! Nice to see how far one has come

What strikes me is that you make almost NO noise whatsoever when you're lifting. There's a woman at my gym who's doing oly lifts, and donkey kicks and grunts and all that while she lifts... And I don't think she's got much more weight on the bar than you do.

The other thing that I've noticed now is that she tries to muscle the weight up with the hip pop, while you're just getting the bar in the air to get underneath it.

Keep doing what it is that you're doing, because it's working.
    Proud member of Team Ogre

-----> Come join me in my log on bb.com!: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150246533

Currently running: Wade's program
    Currently reading: Nothing. Suggest something for me to digest with my eyes
    Currently playing: Clicker Heroes and Diablo 3

Originally Posted by mmater View Post
    Hope you don't mind Stenn, but I just quoted you in my signature.
    I thought that was an excellent quote as well!!

Originally Posted by pharty View Post
    Be right over for clam chowder and crap ton of chicken! Is a beautiful sight.
    Thanks P! Come on over for clam chowder! I make it from scratch!!

Originally Posted by Stenn View Post
    I have old videos of myself from when I was first getting started. I try not to watch them. It's as painful as a video of one's self in the school play, unable to remember one's lines. Yeah, they're that bad. Still, they serve as a reminder of the results of consistency and hard work.

You've made great progress even in the short time I've known you and it has been exciting to watch. I look forward to seeing where you go from here.
    I owe you a thanks as well. Coming to see you helped me so much. The IRL time, being able to see someone do the lifts was just an amazing experience for me.
    Yes, the old vids are just brutal. Facepalm most of the time. I will get the clean one done later today.

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    And let's not forget to thank Stenn ^^ either. He was able to provide real-time and real-life feedback that technology will not duplicate...

And you know the real scary thing is, JJ? Well, do you?

The scary thing is that this is just the beginning. You're still a newbie. Wait until your strength level goes up.. Then we're talking C&J with blue and green plates.. (That's 75-kilos or 165-lbs..I wanna save you from calculating..)
    I know, going to see Steve was a real learning experience. Hoping the next time I go we can go to Team Texas.
    Yes, must get the strength up. Must eat more too them!!
    The day I get those blue plate off the ground and on my shoulders I will throw a damn party!!

Originally Posted by MatTheCur View Post
    That's a nice compilation there, JJ! Nice to see how far one has come

What strikes me is that you make almost NO noise whatsoever when you're lifting. There's a woman at my gym who's doing oly lifts, and donkey kicks and grunts and all that while she lifts... And I don't think she's got much more weight on the bar than you do.

The other thing that I've noticed now is that she tries to muscle the weight up with the hip pop, while you're just getting the bar in the air to get underneath it.

Keep doing what it is that you're doing, because it's working.
    Thanks Mat. I do occasionally RAWW on the way up. But no I am not a noise maker. I leave that to the chickens and kids!!
    And thank you for the compliment. There is a huge difference in muscling the bar up and having it fly up. I was watching a Power Clean vid by Wendler one day and I was like, what is he doing? Bam that boitch up man!!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jjeane View Post
    Thanks Mat. I do occasionally RAWW on the way up. But no I am not a noise maker. I leave that to the chickens and kids!!
    And thank you for the compliment. There is a huge difference in muscling the bar up and having it fly up. I was watching a Power Clean vid by Wendler one day and I was like, what is he doing? Bam that boitch up man!!
    In Jim's defense, he states (quite avidly) that he is absolute crap at doing PCs... and it shows!! lol
    Proud member of Team Ogre

-----> Come join me in my log on bb.com!: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150246533

Currently running: Wade's program
    Currently reading: Nothing. Suggest something for me to digest with my eyes
    Currently playing: Clicker Heroes and Diablo 3

Originally Posted by MatTheCur View Post
    In Jim's defense, he states (quite avidly) that he is absolute crap at doing PCs... and it shows!! lol
    LOL! yes, he does clearly state he has no idea what he is doing. But in 5/3/1 he says it is a clean because the bar never touches your body. SMH. Oh the sad days.
    Last edited by jjeane; 11-06-2013 at 10:06 AM.
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Okay, here is the clean one. I think the very last clean on this is the best one I have done. My speed is actually pretty good.

Okay, who else watched Biggest Loser? Did you guys see those 165# chicks he brought in!! I was like, man I want to look like that!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah, that last clean was the real deal. Controlled pull, good pop, fast under the bar, fast elbows, high elbows, and a slow victorious grind out of the hole. Sweet...

Speaking of Team Texas, I just got a "Where the heck you been?" email from Thea. It was spam that she sent to a bunch of her former clients, but it was still nice to receive and she even mentioned Olympic weightlifting as one of the services she offers. The best part was, "...mention this email to receive a free chiropractic appointment." I should drop by and see if she can fix my fecking knee.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    JJ - Thanks for putting that together. I enjoyed watching your progress lifts from day one to present. Great job!!

Yeah, that last clean was the real deal. Controlled pull, good pop, fast under the bar, fast elbows, high elbows, and a slow victorious grind out of the hole. Sweet...

Speaking of Team Texas, I just got a "Where the heck you been?" email from Thea. It was spam that she sent to a bunch of her former clients, but it was still nice to receive and she even mentioned Olympic weightlifting as one of the services she offers. The best part was, "...mention this email to receive a free chiropractic appointment." I should drop by and see if she can fix my fecking knee.
    So Steve, any word on potential WL meets in Houston for our girl?
    This above all..

The last one was all this

So what is the deal with your knee?

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    JJ - Thanks for putting that together. I enjoyed watching your progress lifts from day one to present. Great job!!

So Steve, any word on potential WL meets in Houston for our girl?
    Yes, still on the hunt for a meet.
    Oh and I wanted to tell you guys. last night I figured out how to slow mo my vids through the software I use. I realized that I missed the last 50KG clean due to fear. If I had just got under it like I did on the 48 I would have been there. Fear is my enemy. And I must conquer it. If you want to see the slow mo dif in the 2 let me know.
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    that was a cool video seeing the progress you have made. slow mo video will be even cooler.
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

TEAM AMAZON - Sisterhood of Iron

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

Originally Posted by mmater View Post
    that was a cool video seeing the progress you have made. slow mo video will be even cooler.
    Okay, here it is.

I mean the difference between the two is like a kitten. So it really was just fear of getting that 2 inches more under and catching it.

So this week is kind of screwed up with Monday being a bad lifting day and repeating on Tues. So... Also I forgot my camera.

Block Snatch
    Triples
    3x25
    2x27

Doubles

Snatch

BS 5/3/1 week 3
    5x95
    3x105
    120x AMRAP got 10 WHOOP!!!!
    155 PR
    165 attempt got a 3/4 squat. I have never even tried to squat 155 so happy here.
    10x95

OHP
    5x58
    3x65
    73x AMRAP got 2
    10x58

Snatch complex- SG DL, S, HS, OHS w/ pause
    5x25
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    AMRAP squats scare me. and 10! great job!

Youtube has a way to slow down videos - join the 'html5 trial' after clicking on "try something new" link down at the bottom. i love oly videos like that (in slow motion). Yours look great and I was sure you had it until the very last second.

The owner at warehouse gym said an oly meet was coming up in 12 weeks - it hasn't been posted, but that's what he heard....
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172554141

The All-American American Woody-5's Avatar
    Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Damn fine squatting!
    10 reps on amrap, awesome! Then a 1RM PR afterward!
    PRs: Back Squat- 410x1 / Front Squat- 320x1/ Bench- 325x1 / Deadlift- 505x1

Woody's Quest for the Seven (journal):
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177649631

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great work Jani - those videos are very cool even to virgin eyes like mine Great work on the squats!
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome job Jani!!!!! Way to go on the squats!
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow sweet video! Gonna have to try that slow down option, would be a major help to assess form.

Grats on the back squat PR!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jshaw5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That progression video is awesome, it's amazing how much better you get under the bar compared to the older cleans. That slow motion video was cool too. What software do you use?
    Powerlifting Log - http://tinyurl.com/jshaw5

PR's - Gym / Meet
    Squat - 510 lbs / 200 kg (441 lbs)
    Bench - 315 lbs / 125 kg (275 lbs)
    Deadlift - 515 lbs / 217.5 kg (480 lbs)
    Press - 185 lbs

"Yes, if you squat wrong it fukcs things up. If you squat correctly, those same fukced-up things will unfukc themselves.� - Rip

()---() York Barbell Club #75 (Kg) ()---()

Originally Posted by tina722 View Post
    AMRAP squats scare me. and 10! great job!

Youtube has a way to slow down videos - join the 'html5 trial' after clicking on "try something new" link down at the bottom. i love oly videos like that (in slow motion). Yours look great and I was sure you had it until the very last second.

The owner at warehouse gym said an oly meet was coming up in 12 weeks - it hasn't been posted, but that's what he heard....
    Thanks for the tip on youtube! There have been so many times I was like how can I slow that down! Where did they go? I love watching Oly vids as well. There is something very cool about the bam click thing!
    See if you can get any info on the meet!!

Originally Posted by Woody-5 View Post
    Damn fine squatting!
    10 reps on amrap, awesome! Then a 1RM PR afterward!
    Thanks Woody! Figured I should start sticking it out a little more!!

Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post
    Great work Jani - those videos are very cool even to virgin eyes like mine Great work on the squats!
    Thanks DM! I don't think DL will be fun tomorrow after the squats!!

Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    Awesome job Jani!!!!! Way to go on the squats!
    Thanks Lori!!!

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Wow sweet video! Gonna have to try that slow down option, would be a major help to assess form.

Grats on the back squat PR!
    Yes, I finally looked at this stupid window that kept popping up in the editing software and was like, WOW!! Look at the options!!! Now I can edit out the FARKS and maybe show my mom. She would kill me!!! Like yours!

Originally Posted by jshaw5 View Post
    That progression video is awesome, it's amazing how much better you get under the bar compared to the older cleans. That slow motion video was cool too. What software do you use?
    I use iMovie. It came on my Apple. I don't think I even have the latest version. But it works pretty well and was easy to figure out. Not really super computer literate. Let's say I didn't have to do much to figure it out.
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

bb.com buggered my reply earlier in the day so now I gotta play catch-up...

Regarding Fear: Yes. And it's probably the reason why I've yet to hit a 120kg C&J. Fear is the most destructive force in the universe. Master fear and you will master life. As a pleasant side-effect, your jerks will improve too.

Regarding Meets: I haven't a clue. Been meaning to visit Thea for months now but stuff keeps coming up.

Regarding Knee: To make a short story long, I tweaked my left knee jumping up stairs for "fitness". Tweaked it again during a deadlift max attempt. Tweaked it again getting into a swimming pool. Nothing major, just annoying. Then, I broke my right foot causing me to limp a lot and strongly favor my left leg - the one with the tweaked knee. The knee hated this and, by the time the bone in my foot healed, I was suffering pretty badly. I had to take, not one, but two NSAIDs the morning of our workout to get through the day. It's better now, but not back to 100%.

Regarding Squat PR: You went for an AMRAP and then hit a 1-rep PR on squats? Are you nuts? Never mind, I don't want to know. Just keep on squatting. Now that your clean form is mostly ironed out, any and all squatting you do will only drive up your clean numbers. Remember to keep your knees out to hit the adductors.

Regarding iMovie: I used to use it too, but it now crashes since upgrading to the latest MAC OS. My FARKS will just have to stay.

Speaking of Team Texas again, here's a video with a couple of lifters in it that I know. One is Jake Pudenz who posts regularly at The Sweat Pit. The other is Erin Garcia who I trained and competed with at Team Texas. From what I've heard, she moved out of town to train at the gym shown in the video. Anyway, there's some good lifting in this video, some of it done by some very strong women. Fun stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3SWSg_ETXk

Jake visited California Strength? That's awesome.. I know he tried out to join MDUSA not too long ago.. Hopefully he'll have a chance to join a national team under Coach Pendlay..
    This above all..

bb.com buggered my reply earlier in the day so now I gotta play catch-up...

Regarding Fear: Yes. And it's probably the reason why I've yet to hit a 120kg C&J. Fear is the most destructive force in the universe. Master fear and you will master life. As a pleasant side-effect, your jerks will improve too.

Regarding Meets: I haven't a clue. Been meaning to visit Thea for months now but stuff keeps coming up.

Regarding Knee: To make a short story long, I tweaked my left knee jumping up stairs for "fitness". Tweaked it again during a deadlift max attempt. Tweaked it again getting into a swimming pool. Nothing major, just annoying. Then, I broke my right foot causing me to limp a lot and strongly favor my left leg - the one with the tweaked knee. The knee hated this and, by the time the bone in my foot healed, I was suffering pretty badly. I had to take, not one, but two NSAIDs the morning of our workout to get through the day. It's better now, but not back to 100%.

Regarding Squat PR: You went for an AMRAP and then hit a 1-rep PR on squats? Are you nuts? Never mind, I don't want to know. Just keep on squatting. Now that your clean form is mostly ironed out, any and all squatting you do will only drive up your clean numbers. Remember to keep your knees out to hit the adductors.

Regarding iMovie: I used to use it too, but it now crashes since upgrading to the latest MAC OS. My FARKS will just have to stay.

Speaking of Team Texas again, here's a video with a couple of lifters in it that I know. One is Jake Pudenz who posts regularly at The Sweat Pit. The other is Erin Garcia who I trained and competed with at Team Texas. From what I've heard, she moved out of town to train at the gym shown in the video. Anyway, there's some good lifting in this video, some of it done by some very strong women. Fun stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3SWSg_ETXk
    Re fear- I think once I start to think on the platform I am screwed. When I start to really think , Oh I am getting close to my max sometime I freak and sometimes I can keep my mind quite. What that vid made me realize is I had that clean. had it if I had just trusted my self and caught it. I know I could get 110 up from there.

Meet, I can keep looking. Tina said she heard about one.

Knee- that sucks. I can't image and to think you still lift like you do!!

On the squats. Have you read Beyond 5/3/1? Wendler talks about this concept of Joker sets. I am not sure I get it right, but I think the concept is to do you normal 5/3/1 sets and then you go up from there and see is you can hit something over what you thought. Also he talks about doing the weight of the first set for 5/3/1 for AMRAP after all that shiz. I was just wondering what 155 would feel like on my back. it felt fine and I got it down and back up. So I thought well hell, let's try 165!

iMovie has been nice to me so far. We shall see how it goes. Maybe I won't update!!

That was a cool vid. Makes me wonder though if I will look like an idiot at a meet because they lift WAY more than I ever will!!

Hey Joel!!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Meet, I can keep looking. Tina said she heard about one.
    Really? Where?

Knee- that sucks. I can't image and to think you still lift like you do!!
    It's not hard. Long, boring warm-ups that include swearing and gritted teeth followed by awesome lifting followed by 3-4 days of staggering around like a peg-legged pirate.

On the squats. Have you read Beyond 5/3/1?
    Nope. All I ever did was read Rippetoe's book, "Practical Programming" which got me onto The Texas Method and Bill Starr's 5x5 programs, both of which utilize periodization to push the numbers up. You, on the other hand, are still a beginning squatter and would probably best benefit from linear progression. However, that claim is backed up with considerable ignorance on my part as I really haven't followed your squat progress that well and I'm grossly unfamiliar with the training of female weightlifters.

Anyway, having said that, any AMRAP stuff I've done has always been after my heaviest single of the day. Unless, that is, I came into the gym that day with the express intent to make myself miserable with DOMS for most of the week by doing nothing but high-reps sets.

That was a cool vid. Makes me wonder though if I will look like an idiot at a meet because they lift WAY more than I ever will!!
    Don't worry about what other people think about your lifting unless you've chosen them to coach you. Also, don't compare yourself with other lifters unless you're doing so to improve your own lifting. Everybody has to start somewhere. Everybody looks like a doofus at first. And, for the record, the lifters in that video have been at it for years. You'll get there too, and you'll probably get there faster than they did. The progress you've made given nothing but a bunch of Internet coaching and a couple of hours in the gym with me is just plain freaky. You can be just as good as the lifters in the video, if not better. Just give it some time and some practice.

Steve, I don't know anything about the meet other than Tina said there is one in 12 weeks. She went to the Warehouse to train I guess and there were some Oly lifters there and they said they were taining for a meet.
    Yes, I know I should not compare myself with others. But still, I can only put one plate up on each lift and some of them had like multiple colors and plates!
    I have a feeling I will be feeling those squats tomorrow when I try and DL!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    it's really cool watching an oly weightlifter emerge, jani. right from the beginning. i hope you find out baout the upcoming compeition and get to sign up for it. i wish i lived closer so i could go and support you!

and yeah, i saw the 165 weightlifters on TBL. they were all awesome looking. i really relate to holly, and her fears of losing. most women have an opposite reaction, so it's nice to see someone struggle with my issues. god i hope she stays in TBL for a while. love watching the show just for her.

Originally Posted by geek23ka View Post
    it's really cool watching an oly weightlifter emerge, jani. right from the beginning. i hope you find out baout the upcoming compeition and get to sign up for it. i wish i lived closer so i could go and support you!

and yeah, i saw the 165 weightlifters on TBL. they were all awesome looking. i really relate to holly, and her fears of losing. most women have an opposite reaction, so it's nice to see someone struggle with my issues. god i hope she stays in TBL for a while. love watching the show just for her.
    Geek you are so sweet!! I would come make you tea and watch your kids while you lift when your hubs is out of town if we lived closer as well!!!
    I hope Holley stays for a while as well. She is just such a cool chick! Would love to meet her. Yes I was telling hubs about the 165 girls and how I wish I looked like that. He being the sweet man that he is said I already do. Not quite but I think maybe one day!!

Friday make up session

DL 5/3/1 week 3 Sumo this time. I can't decide which I like more Sumo or conventional. So I keep switching back and forth. Also all clean hook grip.
    5x135
    5x150
    3x165
    185x AMRAP got 5
    150xAMRAP got 10
    10x135

Bench
    5c45
    5c65
    5c80
    3x90
    100xAMRAP got 2
    90xAMRAP got 4
    80xAMRAP got 7

Tbars in KG used KG bar so I could superset with BS
    10x+15
    10x+20
    10x+25
    8x+30
    +
    Back Squat
    10x65
    10x75
    10x85
    10x95

I guess next week should be deload for 5/3/1 but I think I will run another 3 weeks then deload. We shall see.
    Tomorrow is my oldest 9th birthday!! My mom is coming in this evening and we are having a party tomorrow. Then my MIL comes Sun. We have not see her in like 3 almost 4 yrs I think. Please pray I don't pull a gun on her. And I am dead srs about that!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear