Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thinking about giving this routine a try as a break from my current one. Or doing Shortcut to size again (or something similar)

In the past I have done Short cut to size with micro cycles and have currently been doing the IceCream Fitness 5x5 routine for about 3 months now.

I have always had a HUGE problem with gaining weight, March 2012 I weighed 125 lbs. Right now I am just shy of 150lbs. I would like to break into the 160's sometime soon but seem to be stuck hovering around 145-150.

Just wondering if this program would help me pack on a little more weight and transform my body some? or would there be a better option?

ColdTNT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Kris, quick question. In you've mentioned driking 1.5 gallons of water mixed with 6-8 scoops of Gaspari Aminolast, does that include cardio days too?
    I did the calculations and I would have to buy a minimum of 6 of them to last throughout the 4 weeks. Them alone already cost $177.42 which is sort of expensive considering other supplements the program says I would need to buy. Is there a cheaper alternative you would recommend?

travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500) travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500) travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500) travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500) travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500) travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500) travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500) travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500) travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500) travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500) travisjw is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Off Time

Can the DTP 4 week program be completed back to back or would a week off be needed as it is extremely hard on the CNS?
    **Force Factor** BRX Review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148696533&p=959729063#post959729063

**Ronnie Coleman Signature Series: Resurrect P.M. Review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161879843&p=1244382263#post1244382263

Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by travisjw View Post
    Can the DTP 4 week program be completed back to back or would a week off be needed as it is extremely hard on the CNS?
    He says somewhere in the training videos that you can use this program for 4,6,8 weeks or whatever. I'm finishing up my 8th week. As long as you're enjoying it and seeing gains then go for it.

Originally Posted by jjv101 View Post
    I have always had a HUGE problem with gaining weight, March 2012 I weighed 125 lbs. Right now I am just shy of 150lbs. I would like to break into the 160's sometime soon but seem to be stuck hovering around 145-150.

Just wondering if this program would help me pack on a little more weight and transform my body some? or would there be a better option?
    Check your diet again. Sounds like you need to re-adjust your macros now that you've added 25 lbs. Get that caloric surplus going again and you should see some gains on this program...or any program really.
    "Hey, do you know where the weight room is?"

"I can't give up. I've got to try. I can do it! I'm no wimp, I'm a Jerk!"

djc87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey guys i am looking to start this program after i finish Kris' 12 week program... my question is that according to the nutrition plan i am to take in 2800 calories..so after all the food we eat if we can't meet the requirements can we take a Weight Gainer (ie CytoGainer, True Mass) to reach our desired calorie intake? or is taking a weight gainer going to make me gain unwanted weight.

Thanks

Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jasparo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by djc87 View Post
    according to the nutrition plan i am to take in 2800 calories..so after all the food we eat if we can't meet the requirements can we take a Weight Gainer (ie CytoGainer, True Mass) to reach our desired calorie intake? or is taking a weight gainer going to make me gain unwanted weight.
    Most people will say to only take a weight gainer if you absolutely CANNOT eat enough to reach your macros goal. You're much better off to find the lacking calories in whole foods, rather than powder. That's where you'll find your extra vitamins and varieties of fats and such...your micros. Try to find ways to add more calories to your meal plan, whether it's in little bits throughout the day or maybe even another meal altogether.

The weight gainer itself will not lead to excess unwanted weight. It all depends on your total calories. ex: If you've only consumed 2600 calories in a day then you take a weight gainer shake, you'll be well into the 3000 calorie range. For your size, that would be too much and you'll find yourself 'dirty bulking.' But if you've only consumed 2000 in a day then you'll have room for a shake. Focus on hitting that 2800 mark for a nice 'clean bulk.'

Hope this helps.

jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jasparo View Post
    Check your diet again. Sounds like you need to re-adjust your macros now that you've added 25 lbs. Get that caloric surplus going again and you should see some gains on this program...or any program really.
    Appreciate it, I use a tracker to keep track of calories, protein, carbs etc..

Trying to eat around 3000 calories a day if not more! Just looking for something to cycle off the 5x5 I have been on for 3-4 months now. So I figure if people are seeing good results on this then maybe ill try it for 4 weeks then get back on a 5x5 or go to Jim Stoppani's shortcut to size!

I would love to increase my body weight but it seems I see better progress by looking in the mirror rather than the scale haha

Most people will say to only take a weight gainer if you absolutely CANNOT eat enough to reach your macros goal. You're much better off to find the lacking calories in whole foods, rather than powder. That's where you'll find your extra vitamins and varieties of fats and such...your micros. Try to find ways to add more calories to your meal plan, whether it's in little bits throughout the day or maybe even another meal altogether.

The weight gainer itself will not lead to excess unwanted weight. It all depends on your total calories. ex: If you've only consumed 2600 calories in a day then you take a weight gainer shake, you'll be well into the 3000 calorie range. For your size, that would be too much and you'll find yourself 'dirty bulking.' But if you've only consumed 2000 in a day then you'll have room for a shake. Focus on hitting that 2800 mark for a nice 'clean bulk.'

Hope this helps.
    thanks this helps alot! I am actually going to be starting this next month but i am worried that my fat loss that im experiencing from his cut will go away when i do this DTP program...have you noticed any unwanted weight or a bigger stomach due to this program?

MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000) MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000) MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000) MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000) MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000) MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000) MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000) MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000) MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000) MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000) MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000)
    This has probably been asked before but I've put off working out since my motorcycle accident thats put me off from lifting for about 6 months. I just started going back to the gym this week and I would like to know what kind of workout plan would you recommend for me? I just want to start getting big.

Would it be too much to do one of the following:
    1) legs and Shoulders on the same day?
    or
    2)Arms Friday and then Shoulders Saturday?

Originally Posted by MarathonerDude View Post
    This has probably been asked before but I've put off working out since my motorcycle accident thats put me off from lifting for about 6 months. I just started going back to the gym this week and I would like to know what kind of workout plan would you recommend for me? I just want to start getting big.
    Way to get back in the gym. I hope your accident doesn't set you back too far.
    If your an experienced lifter then I'd think you could do this program just fine. The pyramid sets are rough. After a 6 month break, you can probably expect to be very sore if you jump into this program. Personally, I had to ease into it for a few weeks before I felt comfortable with the volume, and that was without a 6 month break.
    Was your accident severe enough that you should consult with a doctor before resuming training?

zmorey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jjv101 View Post
    Would it be too much to do one of the following:
    1) legs and Shoulders on the same day?
    or
    2)Arms Friday and then Shoulders Saturday?
    are you trying to fit all the workouts into the week or trying to get more into the week?

i wouldn't do legs and shoulders on the same day, doing the abs after an exhausting leg work out is a lot to handle. on the other hand if you replaced a cardio day for another muscle group wouldn't be too bad. some times you just cant get a workout in every day, but the the cardio and the stretching really pay off

lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hey, I love the program so far.
    I was just wondering, the hanging leg raises give me a cramp in my right thighs, not left, just right. It is really weird... I was wondering if there is any other exercise that I can do for lower abs, that will be easier to do. Thanks.

MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000) MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000) MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000) MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000) MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000) MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000) MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000) MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000) MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000) MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000) MarathonerDude is just really nice. (+1000)
    Way to get back in the gym. I hope your accident doesn't set you back too far.
    If your an experienced lifter then I'd think you could do this program just fine. The pyramid sets are rough. After a 6 month break, you can probably expect to be very sore if you jump into this program. Personally, I had to ease into it for a few weeks before I felt comfortable with the volume, and that was without a 6 month break.
    Was your accident severe enough that you should consult with a doctor before resuming training?
    Yea I did have to go to the doctor just to be sure. He said that i may have to ease into it but that was about a month ago.

I have lifted before so but I just wanted to be sure.

goulakam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goulakam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goulakam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goulakam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goulakam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goulakam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goulakam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goulakam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goulakam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goulakam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey people, I have got this wrong so badly that I don't know what to say and feel like an an idiot.

Basically I started working out at home back in January and wanted to follow Chris's 12 week program, I printed out week 1 workout and have been following that. I have been doing the same exercises for 2.5 months now and I have had good results in the process. But after checking things again I have realized that in fact I have been doing the 4 weeks program until now.

What should I do now? Continue with the program until I no longer see results or change to the 12 week program?

Thanks

2 questions i need some help with..

1. Do we multiply our Actual body weight times 20 for calorie intake or do we multiply our LEAN body weight by 20? It makes a big difference in calorie intake.

2. i don't use fat burners so will that hurt me in the fat area? Can i lower the calories to not gain fat because i won't be using a fat burner?

When i start this program i should be around 143lbs and around 10% BF...

Thanks!

Originally Posted by zmorey View Post
    are you trying to fit all the workouts into the week or trying to get more into the week?

i wouldn't do legs and shoulders on the same day, doing the abs after an exhausting leg work out is a lot to handle. on the other hand if you replaced a cardio day for another muscle group wouldn't be too bad. some times you just cant get a workout in every day, but the the cardio and the stretching really pay off
    Well sunday is basically out of the question for me to get to the gym. So that leaves monday through saturday to go. I would like to be able to hit all muscle groups in the 6 day period but didnt want to over train!

On a side note, this week starts the first "real" week for me being on this program. Last week I just messed around with figuring out what weight I needed to use. Even though I didnt make failure on every set HOLY HECK was my body fatigued!

Originally Posted by djc87 View Post
    2 questions i need some help with..

1. Do we multiply our Actual body weight times 20 for calorie intake or do we multiply our LEAN body weight by 20? It makes a big difference in calorie intake.

2. i don't use fat burners so will that hurt me in the fat area? Can i lower the calories to not gain fat because i won't be using a fat burner?
    You would probably want to use your actual body weight for the 20x calorie intake. That is not an exact/proven formula, just a guideline. You might be able to gain mass with less, or you might need more. You'll need to try it for a month or so and find out. Evaluating how much fat you gain is also a process. Bulk for a while then look in the mirror and assess if you're gaining more fat than you want. This will help you adjust your calories to right where you need them to be for a clean bulk.

Originally Posted by goulakam View Post
    Basically I started working out at home back in January and wanted to follow Chris's 12 week program, I printed out week 1 workout and have been following that. I have been doing the same exercises for 2.5 months now and I have had good results in the process. But after checking things again I have realized that in fact I have been doing the 4 weeks program until now.

What should I do now? Continue with the program until I no longer see results or change to the 12 week program?
    Well if you like your results then you can probably stick with what you're doing. However, if you are just starting out then you might find even better results with workout plans tailored more for beginners: All Pro's begginner, 5x5 for novice, Starting Strength, Strong Lifts, to name a few.

Donny1005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lisjak View Post
    hey, I love the program so far.
    I was just wondering, the hanging leg raises give me a cramp in my right thighs, not left, just right. It is really weird... I was wondering if there is any other exercise that I can do for lower abs, that will be easier to do. Thanks.
    I'm on the taller side so the pull-up bar for doing hanging leg raises doesn't work well for me so I often have to find workaround a for this exercise. Try layin on a decline bench the opposite way (head where your legs would be if you be if you were doing decline DB press for example). Keep your legs straight pulling them up. Once your legs are elevated, try adding an upward thrusting motion with your lower abs to really really target the lower abs.

lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lisjak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Cool

Originally Posted by Donny1005 View Post
    I'm on the taller side so the pull-up bar for doing hanging leg raises doesn't work well for me so I often have to find workaround a for this exercise. Try layin on a decline bench the opposite way (head where your legs would be if you be if you were doing decline DB press for example). Keep your legs straight pulling them up. Once your legs are elevated, try adding an upward thrusting motion with your lower abs to really really target the lower abs.
    Thanks ill try that out tomorrow. Really appreciate it!

Diet

Hey guys, im around 146 pounds, and doing this program for almost 2 weeks now, ive gained over 5 pounds now, but almost lost my abs. I do cardio once a week only, since im trying to gain weight. Ive been eating more too. Please tell me how is:
    Carbohydrates: 592g
    Protein: 169g
    Fat: 126g
    Calories: 4300

Im not experienced in nutrition, an was surprised when i saw the 110grams of fat ive been tracking my diet today, and was tottally shocked. Is 126grams normal? Please tell me if i keep this diet for 2 more weeks, how much gain in weight can i expect, and how long will it take to burn the fat. Thanks.
    Last edited by lisjak; 03-28-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Hey guys, im around 146 pounds, and doing this program for almost 2 weeks now, ive gained over 5 pounds now, but almost lost my abs. I do cardio once a week only, since im trying to gain weight. Ive been eating more too. Please tell me how is:

Im not experienced in nutrition, an was surprised when i saw the 110grams of fat ive been tracking my diet today, and was tottally shocked. Is 126grams normal? Please tell me if i keep this diet for 2 more weeks, how much gain in weight can i expect, and how long will it take to burn the fat. Thanks.
    You can afford to reduce your fat intake a bit. I go for 0.5g fat per pound of bodyweight and it's worked well for me. The faster you gain weight the more likely you are to pick up unwanted fat. 5 pounds in 2 weeks is pretty fast. A slower bulk (maybe 1 pound gain per week) might help those abs keep showing. But you shouldn't worry about all that...

You're only 16. Go crazy. Eat like there is no tomorrrow. Lift big. Get those noob gains now and worry about the fat later. You'll have no problem losing fat at your age. If all you wanted were abs then why are you lifting? You already have them. You want to get big right? Go for it.

You can afford to reduce your fat intake a bit. I go for 0.5g fat per pound of bodyweight and it's worked well for me. The faster you gain weight the more likely you are to pick up unwanted fat. 5 pounds in 2 weeks is pretty fast. A slower bulk (maybe 1 pound gain per week) might help those abs keep showing. But you shouldn't worry about all that...

You're only 16. Go crazy. Eat like there is no tomorrrow. Lift big. Get those noob gains now and worry about the fat later. You'll have no problem losing fat at your age. If all you wanted were abs then why are you lifting? You already have them. You want to get big right? Go for it.
    THanks man, really gave me something to think about! Actually, I woke up today, and saw my abs more deep between upper and lower abs, if you know what I mean. it more of a heavylifter abs, not athlete's. I like it more that way. I was surprised like hell it changed over night i see gains in my pecs, and shoulders like crazy!!!

Donny1005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

You could consider dropping some of your carbs and bumping up your protein--I usually aim for about 1.5-2g protein per lb body weight. Also, the types of carbs you're eating could impact the loss of abs (fat increase). If you're getting a lot of simple carbs, you're body wont process them as well as complex carbs that typically have lower sugar levels.

Even with what I said above, agree with Jasparo--you're 16 and could prob burn off any added fat pretty easily especially if you're typically thin to begin with. Pack on some lbs for size (as long as you're hitting the gym) and then you could always worry about cutting up later. Good luck!

Xjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can i do this program even though this is the first program i try and that i only can be at the gym three times a week?

Originally Posted by Xjr View Post
    Can i do this program even though this is the first program i try and that i only can be at the gym three times a week?
    I'm in no position to say you CAN'T, but you'll have better results with something designed for 3 days. Check out the other stickied programs in the 'workout' section of the forums, like All Pros Beginners or 5x5 for Novices. I hope you find a good program that works for you.

sonu_sk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi folks,

I have just finished my 12week transformation,went down from 75.7kg to 69.5kg,gained decent strenght and shred from 13 to almost 10% of bf.Now my question is,having this 12week finished,what should be my next step,re-do this 12week but with surplus of calories,DTP or Y3T?
    I look very skinny now and dont want to lose more weight but gain muscle and reach around 80kg to start then cutting back.
    I have tried to search a DTP Y3T combined trainer,but was unable to find it anywhere.
    Any/every suggestion would be appreciated from everyone...
    Thanks!

Xjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm in no position to say you CAN'T, but you'll have better results with something designed for 3 days. Check out the other stickied programs in the 'workout' section of the forums, like All Pros Beginners or 5x5 for Novices. I hope you find a good program that works for you.
    Tank you so much. Starting with the AllPro tomorrow

Originally Posted by sonu_sk View Post
    Hi folks,

I have just finished my 12week transformation,went down from 75.7kg to 69.5kg,gained decent strenght and shred from 13 to almost 10% of bf.Now my question is,having this 12week finished,what should be my next step,re-do this 12week but with surplus of calories,DTP or Y3T?
    I look very skinny now and dont want to lose more weight but gain muscle and reach around 80kg to start then cutting back.
    I have tried to search a DTP Y3T combined trainer,but was unable to find it anywhere.
    Any/every suggestion would be appreciated from everyone...
    Thanks!
    Great job completing the 12week trainer. Time to get big, eh?
    Don't be overly concerned about which weight gaining program you use. Sure, they are not all equal, but your gains are found in the kitchen. So yeah you could probably flip your diet and do the 12 weeks again. Look around and find a program that either sounds fun or is highly recommended (preferably both) and see if it works for you.
    Click on the "Find A Plan" tab at the top of the webpage. The Y3T program is there. I'm not sure what you meant by a 'combined' trainer.

Good luck with your bulk. Keep us posted.

Any suggestions on a good routine to follow after DTP?

Still looking for a bulking/mass gaining type of program!

Thanks