Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

There was a time when I thought I was strong. Then I joined BB.com.

I thought I was pretty strong. I can beat men arm wrestling and I have yet to have a job that I couldn't complete (lifting transmissions, manual work, etc). Then I joined BB.com and you guys lift and rep amounts that are absurd compared to what I can do. I am NOT a small woman, I am built like a Mack truck, but I don't feel like I could ever lift/ squat some of the amounts I see you guy lifting. I tore my groin a month ago, so my legs were out of the game until 2 days ago. I could only squat and lunge with an EMPTY bar and my legs are still screaming in pain. I see threads about girls feeling intimidated because they are only squatting 125lbs... ONLY???? My legs were like rubber after that work out. I had to hold onto the railing with both hands going down the stairs so that I wouldn't fall down them! I am slightly discouraged to be honest. I thought I had strong legs, but I definitely DO NOT. I will continue to work towards lifting more, I am just shocked by how weak I truly am. I don't feel this way just because you guys lift more, but because I can barely finish 3X12 squats with and empty bar!!!

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you have a solid lifting plan and eat to support your muscle growth/recovery, there is NO reason that you won't progress just like everyone else here. I started with just the bar a year ago. You'd be amazed at how fast the body adapts with the right stimulus.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post
    If you have a solid lifting plan and eat to support your muscle growth/recovery, there is NO reason that you won't progress just like everyone else here. I started with just the bar a year ago. You'd be amazed at how fast the body adapts with the right stimulus.

Yep, thats is true

mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Strength is all relative. You have to remember that you are strongest in the movements you train. I didn't do any squatting for several months due to a rotator cuff injury (it's heavily involved!! trust me!) but I did continue doing safe leg presses & hack squat machine work - and I lost about 50lb off my squat. Once I started squatting again, though, it came back relatively quickly - I'd have to check my lifting log but I think it was within 4 weeks. Point is: you are strongest in the movements your body adapts to and there are relatively few exercises (or movements in daily life) that transfer 100%.
    http://squatlikealady.blogspot.com -- Recipes, Training, Information, and Life

AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm sure most of us started with just the bar. Don't let that put a dent in your excitement. A year from now you'll be doing 135lbs squats for warm-up and think you're pathetically weak compared to those to squat 250lbs like it's nothing. It's all relative, just focus on being better tomorrow than you are today.

abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AD1984 View Post
    A year from now you'll be doing 135lbs squats for warm-up and think you're pathetically weak compared to those to squat 250lbs like it's nothing.
    This happened to me today in fact... And happens in just about every movement possible on a regular basis.
    About 4 months ago, I was AFRAID of box jumping. Couldn't even attempt the small box- like, less than knee height. Now I jump 28" easily and am pissed I can't break 30. Like everyone else said. just keep at it! With a plan and some work, this stuff's pretty damn fun.
    "The greats weren't great 'cause at birth they could paint, the greats were great 'cause they paint a lot."

Bench: 150x1 (Goal: 150x5)
    Squat: 225x1 (Goal: 225x3)
    DL: 250x1 (Goal: 250x3)

Ditched the hooker heels! elainedeluca's Avatar
    elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The only thing I'd like to add is DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS! Focus on your diet and training and the rest will fall into place. None of us were able to lift what we can on day 1 of training.
    ********: http://www.********.com/Chickthatlifts
    ******** Fan Page: http://www.********.com/ChickThatLiftsElaineDeLuca
    Twitter: @chickthatlifts
    Blog: http://www.chickthatlifts.com

Top Secret Nutrition Sponsored Athlete

Dedication + motivation = annihilation
    Live, love, lift

Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by elainedeluca View Post
    The only thing I'd like to add is DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS! Focus on your diet and training and the rest will fall into place. None of us were able to lift what we can on day 1 of training.
    Your all absolutely right and you all amaze me in what you can do. It just pushes me to push myself harder!

9 lbs better be worth it mommymakeover's Avatar
    mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommymakeover will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't let that discourage you. I can't lift half the weight some on here can. And in the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean anything to me because I'm not a powerlifter. If your goal is to be able to move a lot of weight, that's one thing and that will come with time. If your goal is to LOOK like you can move a lot of weight (like me ) then that's another story.
    I swear, this 9 pounds better have been worth it.

jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Fawnl View Post
    I thought I was pretty strong. I can beat men arm wrestling and I have yet to have a job that I couldn't complete (lifting transmissions, manual work, etc). Then I joined BB.com and you guys lift and rep amounts that are absurd compared to what I can do. I am NOT a small woman, I am built like a Mack truck, but I don't feel like I could ever lift/ squat some of the amounts I see you guy lifting. I tore my groin a month ago, so my legs were out of the game until 2 days ago. I could only squat and lunge with an EMPTY bar and my legs are still screaming in pain. I see threads about girls feeling intimidated because they are only squatting 125lbs... ONLY???? My legs were like rubber after that work out. I had to hold onto the railing with both hands going down the stairs so that I wouldn't fall down them! I am slightly discouraged to be honest. I thought I had strong legs, but I definitely DO NOT. I will continue to work towards lifting more, I am just shocked by how weak I truly am. I don't feel this way just because you guys lift more, but because I can barely finish 3X12 squats with and empty bar!!!
    Everything is relative. I once considered myself "strong". Then I discovered there exists a person named "Dmitry Klokov" and have never felt strong since.