Nissassa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

10st 4lbs newbie

Hi all,

Joined the site about a week ago, done lots of reading. In the areas that I think I need advice in, although I'm asking for more pointers so I can get off on the best possible footing.

A little background to set the scene, I've always been skinny, my weight very rarely fluctuates from 10st 4lbs (about 65kg) I do eat a fair amount of food although I suspect its the wrong types of food, if the cooking is done by my wife, I eat healthy, If I end up cooking it tends to be comfort food / junk food. I believe from reading some articles on the site I would be classed as an ectomorph.

As I approach 40 (currently 38) I decieded to stop smoking, as an incentive I want to try and add weight and tone my body, ideally bulking out, this is something I have always wanted to do, although my excuses in the past have been my jobs didn't allow me the time to even go to a gym, and we would have to eat on the fly. I've never really been comfortable being this weight and looking like a bag of bones.

So while I'm reading the varied articles here, I'm eager to make a start while I pickup the appropriate knowledge that will allow me to train, bulk (?) and tone.

So can anyone point me in the right direction, in terms of foods I should be eating, supplements, infact anything thats worked for you in the past and present would be greatly appreciated. If this thread is in the wrong section, I do apologise, feel free to move it.

I do hope the above isn't bad form, considering the site already has a wealth of information available, this isn't me being lazy, I'm just keen to start and carry on reading and learning as I go.

Cheers all, and a cracking site.

Jon

FortySixPak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FortySixPak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FortySixPak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FortySixPak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FortySixPak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FortySixPak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FortySixPak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FortySixPak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FortySixPak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FortySixPak is on a distinguished road. (+10) FortySixPak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How long has it been since you quit the cigarettes? It's a fact that a lot of people start to gain weight when they quit. I think part of that is the natural substitution of oral fixation, and probably a little to do with blood sugar. If you do a little research, its interesting to see just how smoking affects the blood sugar, among many other physiological responses of the body.

I would say, start with developing a "clean routine" when it comes to food. Eat healthy! I also quit smoking in March which I had preceded with a dietary change, more specifically, a lifestyle change when it comes to food. What would be the point of gaining a ton weight that turns out to be fat or taking in just as many toxins as you did when you smoked??? If you are a hard gainer, you are going to have to eat more calories, plain and simple. Maybe a meal replacement shake might be a good idea to stuff in a few hundred more calories between meals. Just eating, without a solid workout routine though, and you aren't going anywhere.

Check out this link about nutrition...
    *Emma-Leigh's calorie/macro thread:
    forum.bodybuilding(dot)com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    which was shared with me when I got here just days ago. I had to write out the "dot" because I do not have enough posts to add a link in my reply.

Good Luck. I think your title is a little obscure and people don't understand what you are looking for, maybe you can edit it for more responses.

All the best,
    Anthony
    "He says why am I soft in the middle now
    Why am I soft in the middle
    The rest of my life is so hard
    I need a photo-opportunity
    I want a shot at redemption..."
    Paul Simon

My Journal & BS: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146615623

Nissassa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great thanks for the links, gives me something to do tonight when on nights. I quit cigarettes about 4 weeks ago. From the reading I have done so far and knowing what I've been like in the past I'm a hard gainer. Started eating healthy and properly, and have increased my calorie intake. I've started to feel real hungry in the mornings which I have never felt in the past, I always skipped breakfast.

Thanks for the tip about the title.