Thread: Help a noob!

bigguyelie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help a noob!

guys i'm a fat dude (chubby) trying to lose weight. been doing cardio for a month and now i'm starting to do weights as well. I'm weak as **** though i can curl about 10-15 lbs and can't even lift a plate when doing bench...etc etc. what can i do to increase my strenght? and how long does it take before you can notice yourself lifting more? does not being able to lift alot mean i have less testosterone than normal? i mean i know the gym isn't a contest but its effing embarrassing lol. help a dude out i know i'll be getting trolled though u bastards. all suggestions are welcome

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's called patience, if you don't have this you'll fail

Strength will come eventually. Start doing starting strength as your workout routine
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Guide to Novice Barbell Training : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...24&pagenumber=

Read the stickies at the top of this very forum.

screenguardguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) screenguardguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) screenguardguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) screenguardguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) screenguardguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) screenguardguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) screenguardguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) screenguardguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) screenguardguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) screenguardguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) screenguardguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try to train at least 3 times a week and don't worry about not being able to lift as much as everyone else. There will always be someone who can lift more than you. The important thing is to do your lifts with proper technique, you can always use youtube or this site to look up the exercises for different bodyparts. Just make sure you're doing them as accurately as you can to prevent injury.
    Go big, or go home.

random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) random_guy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bigguyelie View Post
    guys i'm a fat dude (chubby) trying to lose weight. been doing cardio for a month and now i'm starting to do weights as well. I'm weak as **** though i can curl about 10-15 lbs and can't even lift a plate when doing bench...etc etc. what can i do to increase my strenght? and how long does it take before you can notice yourself lifting more? does not being able to lift alot mean i have less testosterone than normal? i mean i know the gym isn't a contest but its effing embarrassing lol. help a dude out i know i'll be getting trolled though u bastards. all suggestions are welcome
    Just lift dude, I was like you at 6'1 270 when I started, now I curl like 30 lbs and bench 15 lbs a side, it's better than doing the bar. I even had one of the big guys(those who rep 135) tell me he could barely heave the bar before he started. I've also lost 25 lbs in the process. Check out my log in the sig if you're interested.
    110 lbs to lose! :)