Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000)

How much fat can one lose in a week of the most hardcore method?

Hi guys. What's the amount of fat one can lose with the most intense diet and training?

Is it better to just eat 2,000 calories but burn 3,500 calories or eat 1,000 calories and burn 1,500 calories overall? For both muscle maintenance and fat loss.

Thank you,
    C

Moody72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Moody72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Moody72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Moody72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Moody72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Moody72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Moody72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Moody72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Moody72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Moody72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Moody72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I once lost 52 pounds in one week....I never needed that left leg anyways
    Ur not mirin'

Read the f***** stickies. justmightbecraz's Avatar
    justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The most I've ever lost in a week that wasn't water weight (was over a month into my cut already) was 6 lbs, but you don't have nearly the body fat to get rid of that I did or still do. Given your stats, and assuming from your pic that you're not really lacking in muscle mass, the best you can hope for is 2-3 lbs, mayyyyybe 4, that would actually be fat, per week.

As for low output and lower intake vs. high intake and higher output, the only real question to answer here is how much do you want to eat? You're planning to be in a deficit no matter what, so which will make you feel better and thus adhere to it easier? You can even do a combination of the two, going low on your rest days and high on your workout days.
    USMC Veteran 2000-2005

Personal
    Responsibility
    In
    Daily
    Efforts

Oct-2011: 340 lbs. ~45% BF Start 1st Cut
    Apr-2012: 263 lbs. ~32% BF
    Oct-2012: 215 lbs. ~23% BF End 1st Cut, Start 1st Bulk

Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by justmightbecraz View Post
    The most I've ever lost in a week that wasn't water weight (was over a month into my cut already) was 6 lbs, but you don't have nearly the body fat to get rid of that I did or still do. Given your stats, and assuming from your pic that you're not really lacking in muscle mass, the best you can hope for is 2-3 lbs, mayyyyybe 4, that would actually be fat, per week.

As for low output and lower intake vs. high intake and higher output, the only real question to answer here is how much do you want to eat? You're planning to be in a deficit no matter what, so which will make you feel better and thus adhere to it easier? You can even do a combination of the two, going low on your rest days and high on your workout days.
    Thank you for your reply!

I guess I'm worried about not being able to maintain my muscle while cutting. I am wondering if eating more calories and burning even more calories will help me somehow even build muscle. I wonder if I am as extreme as to eat up to 3000 calories but burn a total of 4,500 calories a day, how much fat I can lose and whether I might even gain some muscle. And maybe on non-lifting days I can cut down on food.

theonegoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) theonegoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) theonegoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) theonegoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) theonegoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) theonegoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) theonegoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) theonegoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) theonegoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) theonegoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) theonegoku is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Chahn View Post
    Thank you for your reply!

I guess I'm worried about not being able to maintain my muscle while cutting. I am wondering if eating more calories and burning even more calories will help me somehow even build muscle. I wonder if I am as extreme as to eat up to 3000 calories but burn a total of 4,500 calories a day, how much fat I can lose and whether I might even gain some muscle. And maybe on non-lifting days I can cut down on food.
    4500 cals a day? are u planning on running multiple marathons?!? lets do a littl math here.

little rule of thumb is that if u run a mile at a 9 minute mile pace u burn about 90 calories, depending on ur weight of course, but if ur a huge fatty u wouldnt be able to hold the pace for several miles anyway. so lets say u run a marathon and are able to hold that pace. even if u succeed and ur lactic acids settle and immobilize u, well say ur bmr at 5'10 180 pounds is around 1700 max, the marathon gives u about 2400 cals plus ur 1700 puts u at 4100, so ur gonna have to burn 300 more before u can pass out and do it the next day...not likely. i would say just not eating a **** ton would be better.

the most i ever lost in a week was about 13 pounds. i weighed 167 and skipped breakfast, ate a 6 inch ham and turkey sub for lunch and a footlong chickenbreast for dinner (no cheese or sauce on each)and downed a single bottle of water after dinner. i did this for a month as i dehydrated my body and continued lifting everyday watching the scale drop about 2 pounds a day, by the last day i couldnt stand up quickly without getting light headed, my body was screaming at me. if u want to take that 1k cals a day approach then by all means, but ull find it much more beneficial to cut 500 cals from ur maintanence and live life like normal. no good comes out of losing alot of weight fast as i just gained it back the next week from just trying to recover from my stupidity. have fun.

RealAdvice is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealAdvice is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealAdvice is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealAdvice is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealAdvice is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealAdvice is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealAdvice is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealAdvice is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealAdvice is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealAdvice is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealAdvice is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In one week... 2-3lbs of fat.

Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vawn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't know how much weight you CAN lose in a week, but I wouldn't recommend anyone trying to lose more than 3 pounds in a week, 1-2 is safer. You lose more than that you risk losing too much LBM (muscle), you're just screwing yourself in the long run.

Hardcore does not mean "better". The most hardcore method would be not eating a single thing all week, all the cardio you can do before passing out, inducing vomiting and if you really just want to lose "weight", dehydrating yourself. That would be pretty hardcore and pretty damn stupid.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I experimented with my deficit kind of like you describe in the middle of this cut, shifting it up and down (different combos of more and less food and cardio) and at one point I went fairly aggressive, with a big deficit, and I had a couple of 3 lb weeks. That's a lot for someone my size. It wasn't sustainable though, I paid for it in terms of recovery, very low test levels, poor sleep, and a pervasive feeling of exhaustion through the day. I didn't lose muscle mass, but I lost quality of life for sure.

But someone twice my size could likely lose that and more in a week with no issues. The more fat there is, the more quickly it can be mobilized and burned. You just need to scale the deficit back as you get leaner.

shockingfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shockingfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shockingfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shockingfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shockingfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shockingfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shockingfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shockingfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shockingfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shockingfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shockingfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Chahn View Post
    Hi guys. What's the amount of fat one can lose with the most intense diet and training?

Is it better to just eat 2,000 calories but burn 3,500 calories or eat 1,000 calories and burn 1,500 calories overall? For both muscle maintenance and fat loss.

Thank you,
    C
    You could basically lose 1kg of pure fat per week in perfect conditions but that won't last long and it's not very healthy. You can read more about how much fat is healthy to lose in week here http://shockingfit.com/how-much-fat-...ose-in-a-week/

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The question varies from individual to individual... a 300lb man could probably lose 5-6lbs a week. A 170lb lean body builder would be lucky to lose 2-3.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

flip1199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flip1199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flip1199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flip1199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flip1199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flip1199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flip1199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flip1199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flip1199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flip1199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flip1199 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Most weight I ever lost in a week was 10lbs (got mono in high school and couldn't eat or drink anything).

A more realistic and healthy cut 1-3 lbs. Right now I'm averaging 2lbs a week on 1400 cal/day.