kduarte1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Are YMCA personal trainers legit?

I am trying to add squats and deadlifts to my workout routine and want to make sure I do these with proper form. I workout at my local Y and notice that they offer personal trainers. However most of them look like college aged kids who I am not sure know what they are doing. I don't know what kind of certification you need to become a personal trainer at the Y. Anyone have experience with them before? What do you guys think, should I just go with them or try to find someone more professional looking?

Forged in pain and iron wrecking_ball's Avatar
    wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50) wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50) wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50) wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50) wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50) wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50) wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50) wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50) wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50) wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50) wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Its been too long since I interned as one, but, I would say it varies from each YMCA. My personal advice would be to just ask one of the trainers if they would critique your form real quick. They may ask you to pay or they may not but even if they do you already opened the floor to question their certifications right there. If you tell a personal trainer you are considering getting one they may very well offer you a free session as they are out for your business.

Also we used to have a free training session with each membership. You should see if they do that where you are.
    Discipline creates a routine; Dedication to the routine creates a habit; Consistency of a habit forges a lifestyle.

-Wrecking Ball's Power Wisdom

Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grant73 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If they tell you that squats and deadlifts are dangerous then I would say they aren't legit.