Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gycgordon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Do you have a pre-planned workout for each day or just go by feel ?

do you have a weekly schedule with a certain number of sets/exercises for each muscle group etc or do you just enter the gym and then start working out by feel (i kinda merge the two) ?

Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, set plan...months in advance provided I hit my reps each week.

Your plan is what is known as phuckarounditis.

Most would find going by feel hard to make and track progress.
    We don't rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training.

I was born a shotgun in my hands. Behind the gun I'll make my final stand and that's why they call me Bad Company

Sensible Liberals for Trump 2016 Crew

renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    no one will ever discredit feeling as it is super important in the flow chart of bodybuilding success. However, it does become harder to weed out what variables may be influencing your results.

Can you say Hybrid

Not the ****gy prias.
    I wanna be the very best
    Like no one ever was
    To catch them is my real test
    To train them is my cause

I will travel across the land
    Searching far and wide
    Each Pokemon to understand
    The power that's inside

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Personally, I like to plan the exercises and then do the sets/reps by feel.

These days I have a little anatomy chart in my head, and what I like to do is start with my neck muscles and work down my body muscle by muscle. I won't do it all in one day, it usually takes two upper body days and one lower body day. The sets/reps I just do in sets of 10 by feel, always pushing to go heavier but not so heavy that I can't do it right. I usually try to do at least 3, ideally 4 sets per muscle.

GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I go in with an idea of what i want to work but with no set programme... I should probably get a proper one so i can track my progress but I quite like just doing what the fukkk i wana do
    Zyzz - Veni. Vidi. Vici

[✔] Rep Back 100%

renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50) renferos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GTay View Post
    I go in with an idea of what i want to work but with no set programme... I should probably get a proper one so i can track my progress but I quite like just doing what the fukkk i wana do
    That may explain why your chest looks so small.
    I wanna be the very best
    Like no one ever was

Searching far and wide
    The power that's inside

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by gycgordon View Post
    do you have a weekly schedule with a certain number of sets/exercises for each muscle group etc
    Absolutely. Without a structured routine, there's no way to track progress.

or do you just enter the gym and then start working out by feel (i kinda merge the two) ?
    ^^^^ You're just chasing your own tail doing this, and will leave you looking pretty much the same in a year as you do now.

If you haven't long-since given up due to lack of progress.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

LiftStrong21 is just really nice. (+1000) LiftStrong21 is just really nice. (+1000) LiftStrong21 is just really nice. (+1000) LiftStrong21 is just really nice. (+1000) LiftStrong21 is just really nice. (+1000) LiftStrong21 is just really nice. (+1000) LiftStrong21 is just really nice. (+1000) LiftStrong21 is just really nice. (+1000) LiftStrong21 is just really nice. (+1000) LiftStrong21 is just really nice. (+1000) LiftStrong21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Have never tracked diet, work-outs, or routines. Have seen amazing results, two year window BTW.

155-205 in two years.
    I strive to be like myself because I know that I can always improve. If I sculpt my goals towards another persons, I will eventually reach it. No matter how far I advance, I will strive to be better than the previous day.

JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by renferos View Post
    However, it does become harder to weed out what variables may be influencing your results.
    This is a very good point!

This also why the only people I've known to succeed going entirely by feel were very experienced lifters

Originally Posted by LiftStrong21 View Post
    Have never tracked diet, work-outs, or routines. Have seen amazing results, two year window BTW.

155-205 in two years.
    I bet you make mamma proud that you throw caution to the wind. Why are you on this site and not www.magicbuilding.com

Your approach is the exact opposite of scientific method and I resent you for you beliefs.
    I wanna be the very best
    Like no one ever was

Searching far and wide
    The power that's inside

GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by renferos View Post
    That may explain why your chest looks so small.
    Ive only been going to the gym for 4 months which can explain that as well... and i have seen some good gains in those 4 months maybe noob gains though
    Zyzz - Veni. Vidi. Vici

[✔] Rep Back 100%

Originally Posted by GTay View Post
    Ive only been going to the gym for 4 months which can explain that as well... and i have seen some good gains in those 4 months maybe noob gains though
    Well apply scientific method like the rest of us excluding Liftstrong.

You'll be doing yourself a huge favor in the end.
    I wanna be the very best
    Like no one ever was

Searching far and wide
    The power that's inside

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have a plan but when I'm at the gym I can and will make on the spot adjustments.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yodums is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I won't repeat what has already been said about having a plan. However, I'd like to mention I do throw in random isolation exercises and as well omit exercises depending on how I feel in the gym.
    S: 455, B: 375, D: 545

qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qoohhlt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hm I set a plan in my brain and see how my muscle react in the gym. I might change one or two small things during workout.

Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LiftStrong21 View Post

155-205 in two years.
    I can do that too without ever stepping in a gym.

Your claims are meaningless without progress pics.
    We don't rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training.

I was born a shotgun in my hands. Behind the gun I'll make my final stand and that's why they call me Bad Company

Sensible Liberals for Trump 2016 Crew

DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    at my weight, just going to the gym is enough, no plans, workout whatever doesn't hurt from the day before.
    MWC - Never forget

Cigars,Cars,Watches,Scotches,Firearms,Work...CANADIAN CREWS

gycgordon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    i have a plan but when i'm at the gym i can and will make on the spot adjustments.
    ***this my friends***

LivingStrongE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LivingStrongE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LivingStrongE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LivingStrongE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LivingStrongE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LivingStrongE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LivingStrongE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LivingStrongE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LivingStrongE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LivingStrongE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LivingStrongE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    All my training is pre planned before I step foot in a gym. This prevents me from walking around the gym looking at machines and weights wondering what to do.

neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a plan.

This way I can track progress. I do this by drawing a graph on the computer with a curve for every exercise. I like graphs. I have one for my body weight too.
    bulk
    start: january 2012 64 kg/141 lbs
    current: 70 kg/154 lbs

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have a plan but when I'm at the gym I can and will make on the spot adjustments.
    This.

Some days it makes sense to back off, some says it's good to push it. Train long enough and you'll know what to do when.
    Who was this love of yours?

JHOLMES15LPM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I go in with a plan, but like others have said... You are always subject to a change of plans. Alot of what I do revolves on whether or not my shoulder is acting up.

CreoleFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CreoleFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CreoleFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CreoleFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CreoleFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CreoleFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CreoleFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CreoleFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CreoleFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CreoleFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CreoleFever has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Unhappy

Originally Posted by LivingStrongE View Post
    All my training is pre planned before I step foot in a gym. This prevents me from walking around the gym looking at machines and weights wondering what to do.
    i was that guy a year ago..... feelsbadman

Brb, asking employees how to work machine

Brb, trying to find the instructions

Brb, crying in locker room

BOOGADA will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOOGADA will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOOGADA will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOOGADA will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOOGADA will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOOGADA will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOOGADA will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOOGADA will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOOGADA will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOOGADA will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOOGADA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I use to do whatever but since I have a plan my results have been much better.
    325/300/425

Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kingthumper is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post
    This.

Some days it makes sense to back off, some says it's good to push it. Train long enough and you'll know what to do when.
    I approach my training like these guys. I always have a plan, track my major compound lifts (sets/reps/lbs), but often make changes to isolation movements (sets/reps/lbs).

wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by neklobomex View Post
    I have a plan.

This way I can track progress. I do this by drawing a graph on the computer with a curve for every exercise. I like graphs. I have one for my body weight too.

neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neklobomex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wwarrior2469 View Post
    haha that's hilarious
    bulk

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    To sum up my thoughts on this subject: If something is important (getting bigger, getting stronger, getting leaner), you should be tracking that metric in every way you can imagine. If it gets measured, it will get managed, and you will have useful (relevant) data that will allow you to make smart course corrections, not just random changes.

There are varying degrees of planning that I don't have issue with. In the case of Chazzy or TAB, they have a plan and make reasonable alterations to that plan without straying from the theme of the day. If you have no plan, and/or every alteration sees you benching when you should be doing something else, I would say that starts to be problematic to your goals. If you have no goal, then I would agree that doing "whatever" is a suitable plan... since you don't have a destination to reach, and doing whatever you please will likely never get you anywhere, then you are on the right track
    GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius

I've been wondering for a while why so few people at my gym carry a pen and paper with them like I do. How do people remember what weights they use for every exercise? This is a mystery to me...
    bulk

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by neklobomex View Post
    I've been wondering for a while why so few people at my gym carry a pen and paper with them like I do. How do people remember what weights they use for every exercise? This is a mystery to me...
    A little thing called memory. Crazy sh*t, I know.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493