Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    gangster of satisfaction quietstormx1's Avatar
    quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000) quietstormx1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hoffmanxtreme View Post
    They are not calculated by a percent. They are calculated based on the formulas that I learned about from the nutrition sticky "calculating calories and macronutrients". - In the nutrition section of these forums.

To answer your question - yes - I calculate and add up every macro in everything I eat. I use a food scale to ensure accuracy of my food portions. It's really not that hard to do this and it is NOT time consuming at all if you cook at home vs eating out. I rarely ever eat fast food or eat out, so it's easy for me to calculate everything perfectly.
    hmm somehow I missed that. Thanks for reposting.

That's awesome, she lost 14lbs in 13 weeks!

Good job to both you guys, keep it up

zars has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zars has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Great job

Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice job ! Can you post your training schedule?

hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50) hoffmanxtreme will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Koelkastdeur View Post
    Nice job ! Can you post your training schedule?

I split my workouts into 2 sessions, performed on different days of course.

Session 1 = Chest, Shoulders, triceps, abs - (Bench Press, Shoulder Press, crunches)
    Session 2 = Back, Bicep, lower body - (Pull-ups, Barbell Rows, Curls, Deadlifts)

I would allow 4 days of rest before performing the same session again. Of each exercise above, I would perform 5 sets of heavyweight reps.(anywhere between 4-6 reps) 2 minutes rest between sets.

My solid training routine & Diet yielded good enough muscle growth so that I was able to increase my poundage by 5lbs every week on most every exercise except bicep curls. (Bicep Curls was about a 1-2lb increase per week.)

mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm late to the party but I just wanted to say GFJ on your transformation. Do you have long term goals of taking this further to get huge?

Flystunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flystunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flystunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flystunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flystunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flystunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flystunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flystunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flystunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flystunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flystunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nice job folks keep it going! You look great, need to put on a bit more lean size tho' You're wife on the other hand could lose 5 more pounds, nonetheless great job ur going there! Repped

RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RepHeavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Your wife's results are good, no doubt about that...but your change is fukin EPIC. FANTASTIC job man!! Seriously thats amazing for 13 weeks. Youll be huge in another 13!
    It takes years of hard work to become an overnight success.
    Formal education will make you a living, self education will make you a fortune.

Neosii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good job, you and your wife.

Nearly 3000 calories per day at 150 lbs body weight.

Stayed lean , infact you look leaner and gained mass.

I do 3000 cals a day at 210 lbs and gain fat.

mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP, you still around?

ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Haha! ridiculous man!!! Congrats to your wife and you.

MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by hoffmanxtreme View Post
    Hey guys,

Some of you already saw my 11 week progress post, but here is another one but its more official and it also includes my wife too

I spent many months lurking on these forums before signing up, researching and learning about proper nutrition and weight training, etc. I can honestly say that I am very proud of what my wife and I accomplished in only 13 weeks! After I did my research, I created 2 custom programs for us to follow. Basically it was a very strict diet and macro ratio that we followed everyday.

My weight training involved ONLY compound exercises, and no machines or cables of any kind. My exercises were: bench press, shoulder press, deadlifts, pull ups, barbell rows, sit-ups, and dumbbell bicep curls. Nothing fancy, but it got the job done.

My wifes program included just cardio, 4-5 times a week for 20 minutes.
    Good job but there's always room for improvement. Tell your wife she'll never get in real shape dancing around with the girls in aerobics class or other strictly cardio routines. My wife did that for years and years and did just ok. This year she wanted to buckle down but knew she wasn't achieve real conditioning that way and finally figured out that maybe I knew a thing or two she didn't and begged me to train her. I relented and after about 8 weeks she shaped up nicely, then we planned to compete together for the first time for either of us. That was on 11/17. She went from 29%BF to about 11% at the show.

Check all of our progress pics @ www.sheplerfitness.com and tell your wife, the woman she's looking at is 50 years old and had SIX children, one of who is about your ages! She'll understand.

Keep up the good work!
    It's 80% diet, 20% workout and 100% in the mind.

If you can read or carry on a conversation, you ain't working out.

To be different the only thing you have to do is stand fast when the herd moves.

Parking your s**t on a bench ain't the same thing as using it!

Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great progress. if op is still around, mind giving us a guide to making that excel macro tracker thing? also id be interested to see his progress now

met-enkephalinaholic Pridehurtsform's Avatar
    Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    good ****. both of you look much better
    BS in molecular biochemistry
    NASM certified personal trainer
    bench: 315
    squat: 365
    deads: 415
    video thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162544341&p=1258712431#post1258712431

"it's better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"