Closed Thread
Page 105 of 161 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 4804
    Powerlifting Doctor Hardlifter9's Avatar
    Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hardlifter9 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    damn bro approaching 50,000 posts.
    Licensed Medical Doctor

Powerlifter

Bench Press: 560lbs

Squat: 545lbs
    Deadlift: 600lbs

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Kurd4evah View Post
    1) I don't even know to be honest, I just read about certain scholars i.e Al Ghazzali and I hear mysticsm in it.

2) INTERDASTING. In the Umar series that is so popular, I caught that! In the series it is taken out when His sister tells him to purify himself. That is a big mistake don't you think?

3) A Brother said that cheese has rennet so there for it is haram...? can you clarify this insha'allah
    As-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu
    Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem
    Allahuma Salli 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala aalihi wa sahbihi ajma'een wa sallim

1) People use that word a lot, but they have to specify what they mean

2) Well they have to decide what to include in any summary of history. That's not the only proof that you need to be pure when handling the Qur'an, nor are they really responsible for including every single detail like that.

3) Rennet is an enzyme that is extracted from the guts of animals and used to make cheese. Those animals are not slaughtered in a halal way, so some cheese has non-halal ingredients is non-halal.

http://spa.qibla.com/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=432&CATE=29

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum
    W'as-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SYRIANKID View Post

1) People use that word a lot, but they have to specify what they mean

2) Well they have to decide what to include in any summary of history. That's not the only proof that you need to be pure when handling the Qur'an, nor are they really responsible for including every single detail like that.

3) Rennet is an enzyme that is extracted from the guts of animals and used to make cheese. Those animals are not slaughtered in a halal way, so some cheese has non-halal ingredients is non-halal.

http://spa.qibla.com/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=432&CATE=29

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum
    1) Can you give me an example that is in relation to scholars? or a reading about a accepted type of mysticism by ulema.

2) that's funny."Summary" , I had a friend that was watching the show and said so and so did something without asking someone reliable but took the info in the show into practice. SK have you watched the show at all? It's great and all but the images of the sahabah need to get out of my head...

3) So it should be avoided oe if possible check with the company? What you said is a bit different from the link. So that's where the difference of opinion is i'm assuming as stated in the fatwa.

Jazak Allah Khair
    It is impossible to lay hands on that which is not predestined for us, and that which is predestined for us will reach us wherever we are.

BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So here is a video from Chechnya. Their leader (Or Putin's leader, rather) is seen here kissing the bowl of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh and basically going to a insane degree of behavior, almost like worshiping the bowl itself. Whats the verdict on this issue? It seems kind of wrong to me. I know the Prophet focused a lot of his energy in avoiding having people worship him rather than his creator.

DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DollarBilzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by epicstory View Post
    ASA,

I'm struggling with two things. The first is eating only halal. I sort of justified it by thinking that since the majority of outside food isn't halal maybe its just makruh to eat it sometimes since there are a lack of options and I need to maintain bulk also can't eat the same thing everyday. I actually quit eating outside beef but I still eat outside chicken. Can you elaborate on the importance of eating only halal. Secondly, I don't see myself ever quitting listening to music. Especially when im driving or working out. Although it might not be a big sin its still haram so I would like to try and stop although I dont see it happening.
    Wsalaam bro,

this is the lecture that ended my run of music.. Inshaallah it helps you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXLBlh6ZQ6w

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1) Can you give me an example that is in relation to scholars? or a reading about a accepted type of mysticism by ulema.

2) that's funny."Summary" , I had a friend that was watching the show and said so and so did something without asking someone reliable but took the info in the show into practice. SK have you watched the show at all? It's great and all but the images of the sahabah need to get out of my head...

3) So it should be avoided oe if possible check with the company? What you said is a bit different from the link. So that's where the difference of opinion is i'm assuming as stated in the fatwa.

Jazak Allah Khair

1) No, because I don't even know what people mean when they say "mystical". They could mean anything and would need to specify. My best guess is that by "mystical" they mean being "spiritual," which in the Islamic contest can really only mean doing extra praying, fasting, dhikr (remembrance of God), thinking about God, and avoiding unnecessary speech.

2) I've seen parts of it. The general history is good, but I wouldn't watch the show and use it as an example of how to live your life. People still need to check the jurisprudence.

3) There is a difference of opinion on it. For sure, all schools agree that pig rennet is haram. Some schools say rennet from non-halal slaughtered animals should be avoided (because it is a living part of it) others say it doesn't matter.

It's safest to look for cheeses that specify "microbial enzyme" in the ingredients as opposed to rennet, but at the very least, you should be sure it's not pig rennet.

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

Originally Posted by BalkanPrince View Post
    So here is a video from Chechnya. Their leader (Or Putin's leader, rather) is seen here kissing the bowl of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh and basically going to a insane degree of behavior, almost like worshiping the bowl itself. Whats the verdict on this issue? It seems kind of wrong to me. I know the Prophet focused a lot of his energy in avoiding having people worship him rather than his creator.

As you correctly pointed out, leaders in Chechnya and Uzbekistan are actually Russian agents. They torture and kill Muslims and do everything to oppose Islam politically, but in front of a camera they exaggerate their devotion and talk the talk.

Respecting the Prophet's (pbuh) relics is permissible, it's called "tabarruk" but it should reach that level of exaggeration, especially from a hypocrite.

Some examples here if you search for "tabarruk":

http://sunnah.org/ibadaat/tawassul_3.htm

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000)

1) No, because I don't even know what people mean when they say "mystical". They could mean anything and would need to specify. My best guess is that by "mystical" they mean being "spiritual," which in the Islamic contest can really only mean doing extra praying, fasting, dhikr (remembrance of God), thinking about God, and avoiding unnecessary speech.

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum
    Some people say oh so and so scholar is into mystical/mysticism with a negative tone etc so was kind of curious what the whole thing was about.
    It is impossible to lay hands on that which is not predestined for us, and that which is predestined for us will reach us wherever we are.

Some people say oh so and so scholar is into mystical/mysticism with a negative tone etc so was kind of curious what the whole thing was about.
    I would ask them what they mean by that.

Salamou Alaykoum,

Just another one of those random things I'd like to share...

Shia and Muta(temporary marriage)

It's a interesting case and I think it'd be wise for us to be aware of or even share with our communities so we do not fall into it.

Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i read a fatwa about not reciting niyyah before your prayers (it says the niyyah should be in your heart and not recited by mouth)

is that the right way to do it? just skip reciting the niyyah

i read it while i was on my mobile yesterday, cant find it now unfortunately :/

Salamou Alaykoum

Question 1: I have little to no knowledge about Palestine and holy lands, what is it about Palestine that makes it holy?

Question 2: I had a discussion with an elder, He said "our people (kurds in this case) are being told not to be nationalistic and carry around there flags and should be fighting for the ummah because we are one but those same people(community muslims) that say that, go wear a Palestinian flag, bracelets etc but not okay for us? how is it halal for them haram for us?" So this leads to my question is it right for us to be carrying around flags of a nation, is this not dividing us? Where Syrian problem has become Syrian Problem, kurds problem has become kurds problem, Palestine problem has become there problem so forth with Iraq,Afghanistan, Pakistan etc....instead of the Muslims problem?

Question 3: more of a personal question, the Syrian thread and all that stuff being posted, has if affected you psychologically you could say? I personally have to back away once in a while and don't watch everything posted or i go crazy.

Originally Posted by Hamzzza View Post
    i read a fatwa about not reciting niyyah before your prayers (it says the niyyah should be in your heart and not recited by mouth)

I know there is a difference of opinion on this, and Shafii have the opinion of saying it aloud if I'm not mistaken, would like to see evidence. Googled but couldn't find

Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Is it true that the Quran says that the only three entities that exist in the universe are humans, jinn and angels?
    If so, then how you explain grey aliens and other supposed extraterrestrials and their air crafts? Are these Jinn or mutated humans?

Originally Posted by Roke View Post
    1)Is it true that the Quran says that the only three entities that exist in the universe are humans, jinn and angels?

If so, then how you explain grey aliens and other supposed extraterrestrials and their air crafts? Are these Jinn or mutated humans?
    1) Life on other planets

subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10) subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10) subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10) subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10) subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10) subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10) subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10) subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10) subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10) subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10) subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lol half of his answer is oftopic talk about how awesome that allah guy is, basically the writer is saying he has no f idea cause theres nothing in the quran about it.

Originally Posted by subxone View Post
    lol half of his answer is oftopic talk about how awesome that allah guy is, basically the writer is saying he has no f idea cause theres nothing in the quran about it.
    I'm not sure if you are replying to my answer to him.

If you are what he is supposed to do as an Imaam/Scholar is give rulings on what is permissible what is not etc...

The topic of life on other planets is not something specifically mentioned about. "yes, there is 100% life on other planets" or "No there is most definitely not life on other planets" he can't make thee statements because nothing specific to say so or against the idea, basically he is between because there is nothing denying it in the Qur'an or in the practice of the Prophet pbuh

subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10) subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10) subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10) subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10) subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10) subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10) subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10) subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10) subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10) subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10) subxone is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm not sure if you are replying to my answer to him.

If you are what he is supposed to do as an Imaam/Scholar is give rulings on what is permissible what is not etc...

The topic of life on other planets is not something specifically mentioned about. "yes, there is 100% life on other planets" or "No there is most definitely not life on other planets" he can't make thee statements because nothing specific to say so or against the idea, basically he is between because there is nothing denying it in the Qur'an or in the practice of the Prophet pbuh
    A simple "we dont know" would suffice.

That is basically what was stated in the link given in post #3135. You continued with it so I assumed you were having a hard time understanding what he was saying.

Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Aware.

They didn't want you to think they were deliberately wasting your time.

Okay, but that life can only be a human, jinn or angel, correct? There can't be anything else out there?

frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000) frontofthepack is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hello hope you are well, I am wondering about Islam's view of "judgement day"

Also;

Is their an Islamic equivalent to the Christian idea of purgatory?

Does Allah just make more souls as humans are conceived?

Do other animals have souls or only humans?

Okay, but that life can only be a human, jinn or angel, correct? There can't be anything else out there?
    No, there can be. There isn't anything denying it.

SigmundFreud is a name known to all. (+5000) SigmundFreud is a name known to all. (+5000) SigmundFreud is a name known to all. (+5000) SigmundFreud is a name known to all. (+5000) SigmundFreud is a name known to all. (+5000) SigmundFreud is a name known to all. (+5000) SigmundFreud is a name known to all. (+5000) SigmundFreud is a name known to all. (+5000) SigmundFreud is a name known to all. (+5000) SigmundFreud is a name known to all. (+5000) SigmundFreud is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do you consider animals the same as human? If not then there are more than 3. But to answer the question, idk.

Salamou Alaykoum,

Just another one of those random things I'd like to share...

Shia and Muta(temporary marriage)

It's a interesting case and I think it'd be wise for us to be aware of or even share with our communities so we do not fall into it.
    http://www.schiiten.com/backup/Ahlel...les/mutah.html

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks, and the use of musical instruments [ma'aazif] as lawful. [Bukhari]

Originally Posted by frontofthepack View Post
    1) Hello hope you are well, I am wondering about Islam's view of "judgement day"

Also;

2) Is their an Islamic equivalent to the Christian idea of purgatory?

3) Does Allah just make more souls as humans are conceived?

4) Do other animals have souls or only humans?
    1) Here's a good overview:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...t=day+judgment

2) No, on the day of Judgment all humans and Jinn are divided between Heaven and Hell. Some believers will temporarily enter Hell until God forgives them and invites them to Heaven, as all Muslims eventually enter Paradise.

3) All human souls were created at the same time. God took a covenant with them that they would only worship Him and not commit idolatry. As each human reaches the 40th day in the womb, a soul is implanted into the fetus.

Here's a great book on all these topics:

http://www.amazon.com/Lives-Man-Guid.../dp/1887752145

4) Only humans

God doesn't mention that animals have souls. On the Day of Judgment, they are not accountable for sins because they were not sent a Messenger to convey to them the Truth. After God judges between animals to return their rights to them, they are turned to dust.

The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said:

On the Day of Judgment the rightful will be given their due. So much so that a goat with horns will be avenged for the goat without horns.

These communities will be brought on the day of judgement while the people wll be brought on the day of judgement. While the people are standing, there will be justice amongst the animals to such an extent that the hornless sheep will be allowed to retaliate against the horned sheep and even the smallest creatures from others. Then it will be said to them, 'Be dust'. At this moment the disbeliever will say, 'Woe unto me! Would that I were mere dust!"

General info:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ghlight=debate

Is it true that the Quran says that the only three entities that exist in the universe are humans, jinn and angels?
    The idea of "grey" aliens with big eyes comes from people's descriptions, and there's a wide range of how people have described aliens, which we can't say is reliable. It's all hear-say, which isn't good enough for religious certainty.

God doesn't say that there are only three entities: humans, jinn, and angels. There are also animals. Humans and Jinn are the beings that will be judged and enter Heaven or Hell based on their beliefs and actions.

It's quite possible that humans or Jinn live on other planets, and that many of our encounters with what we think are advanced alien races may actually be Jinn. More info:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post833723981

Salamou Alaykoum

Question 1: I have little to no knowledge about Palestine and holy lands, what is it about Palestine that makes it holy?

Question 2: I had a discussion with an elder, He said "our people (kurds in this case) are being told not to be nationalistic and carry around there flags and should be fighting for the ummah because we are one but those same people(community muslims) that say that, go wear a Palestinian flag, bracelets etc but not okay for us? how is it halal for them haram for us?" So this leads to my question is it right for us to be carrying around flags of a nation, is this not dividing us? Where Syrian problem has become Syrian Problem, kurds problem has become kurds problem, Palestine problem has become there problem so forth with Iraq,Afghanistan, Pakistan etc....instead of the Muslims problem?

Question 3: more of a personal question, the Syrian thread and all that stuff being posted, has if affected you psychologically you could say? I personally have to back away once in a while and don't watch everything posted or i go crazy.

I know there is a difference of opinion on this, and Shafii have the opinion of saying it aloud if I'm not mistaken, would like to see evidence. Googled but couldn't find

1) There is nothing that makes the entire land of Palestine holy. Palestine has many holy sites, such as Mosques and waqfs (land donated exclusively for religious use which cannot be sold). However, as a territory it is no more important than the greater lands of Shaam (Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine).

The reason Palestine (or any other land) is important is because it is forbidden to forfeit any land that was once governed by Islam. No Muslim has the authority to do so.

2) There's nothing wrong with identify with one's nation and heritage. Kurds have a language, culture, food, history etc. The problem arises when people think that "culture" supersedes religion. The problems between Kurds and Turks, Syrians, Iraqis, and Iranians are due to this "nationalism" because nobody wants to give up any land and don't see themselves as Muslims who need to share the land and resources. So for example, there is nothing wrong with Kurds having a land, but like any other land it would be governed by Islam. Kurds would have their own language, traditions, Kurdish rulers etc. but none of that would contradict religion.

The problem within the Kurdish community is that the Kurdish struggle has been too connected with communism and nationalism. Some Kurds are purely nationalistic and don't really identify with religion. Some are totally socialist atheists whose goal is just to have a Kurdish country. There are far more important things in life than just having a country.

http://www.zawaj.com/editorials/nationalism_ahmed.html

3) Having watched the Iraq war in detail, I'm not any more upset than usual. It's a lesson that Muslims need to learn about who they allow to rule over them and the consequences of letting sadists govern them. I find the type of torture used by the syrian government and its supporters to be grotesque and merciless, but I already knew about that and what they are capable of.

I didn't catch your last question

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

Originally Posted by Hamzzza View Post

You can say it or think it, as long as you are clear about exactly what you're doing i.e. it's usually obvious enough that the reason you are standing there is to pray, x number of rakaat to God, for x prayer.

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?id=1044

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

The reason Palestine (or any other land) is important is because it is forbidden to forfeit any land that was once governed by Islam. No Muslim has the authority to do so.
    Does this mean the Muslim world is committing a great haram for not taking back Spain, Serbia, Croatia, Greece, India and other lands which were under the control of Muslims?

2) There's nothing wrong with identify with one's nation and heritage. Kurds have a language, culture, food, history etc. The problem arises when people think that "culture" supersedes religion. The problems between Kurds and Turks, Syrians, Iraqis, and Iranians are due to this "nationalism" because nobody wants to give up any land and don't see themselves as Muslims who need to share the land and resources. So for example, there is nothing wrong with Kurds having a land, but like any other land it would be governed by Islam. Kurds would have their own language, traditions, Kurdish rulers etc. but none of that would contradict religion.

The problem within the Kurdish community is that the Kurdish struggle has been too connected with communism and nationalism. Some Kurds are purely nationalistic and don't really identify with religion. Some are totally socialist atheists whose goal is just to have a Kurdish country. There are far more important things in life than just having a country.

http://www.zawaj.com/editorials/nationalism_ahmed.html

I didn't catch your last question

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum
    Yea, you just put everything on a plate. Exactly what I am seeing. Wallahi I have seen people completely leave the religion because "arabs" are doing this and that to them. It's a big problem, and just within my community i can see all that you said there.

Alhamdulillah the younger guys I can get to them and have a open minded conversation with but elders man, thick skulls.

I don't know where they've taken up this mentality that all there is to Islam is praying 5 times a day and fasting. It's like Allah SWT send a 600 page book to them and that is all we understood from it.

Elders gonna elder...

oh and that last thing was in relation to what hamzza was saying, my parents I notice say there intention out loud and since they learned the shafii way back home, I was curious to look at it's proofs.

Closed Thread
Page 105 of 161 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 ... LastLast