ruining is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruining is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruining is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruining is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruining is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruining is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruining is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruining is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruining is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruining is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruining is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Recovering from Illness

I was crazy sick last week, (103.8 fever off and on for about 48hrs) and I'm trying to figure out if I should put in a half-hearted and low energy workout, or if I should just take a second week off. Maybe I'll do cardio starting tomorrow and see how it goes, but I have almost no energy. This will be my second week off, but I'm not sure if I should go that long without lifting.

Any thoughts? Lift, or just take a break until I get my energy back? I'm getting better ever day and could expect to hit it hard again on Monday.

trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Myself, I'd be in the gym trying like hell.

I've had a cold (something) for the last week, coughing up flem and all that yumminess, as well the headache that won't stop.

Hasn't stopped me from hitting the gym.. I just head to the bathroom for my coughing/spitting fits and clean the equipment down when I am done
    --
    Knows a trial lawyer who knows how to defend himself in an online forum.

TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Personally, I would take the next week and rest and hit the gym full force. But - then again - I would probably go stir crazy and end up going anyway
    “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.”

—Jim Rohn

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ruining View Post
    (103.8 fever off and on for about 48hrs)
    ^^^^Definitely not a run-of-the-mill head cold.

Any thoughts? Lift, or just take a break until I get my energy back? I'm getting better ever day and could expect to hit it hard again on Monday.
    A few extra days of rest after an energy-draining illness is always a good idea. When you feel better, you'll bounce back quicker, and will easily make up any 'lost' ground.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

spud84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
    Myself, I'd be in the gym trying like hell.

I've had a cold (something) for the last week, coughing up flem and all that yumminess, as well the headache that won't stop.

Hasn't stopped me from hitting the gym.. I just head to the bathroom for my coughing/spitting fits and clean the equipment down when I am done
    Don't do this. This is perhaps the best way to spread whatever you have.

FCrivello will become famous soon enough. (+50) FCrivello will become famous soon enough. (+50) FCrivello will become famous soon enough. (+50) FCrivello will become famous soon enough. (+50) FCrivello will become famous soon enough. (+50) FCrivello will become famous soon enough. (+50) FCrivello will become famous soon enough. (+50) FCrivello will become famous soon enough. (+50) FCrivello will become famous soon enough. (+50) FCrivello will become famous soon enough. (+50) FCrivello will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    ^^^^Definitely not a run-of-the-mill head cold.

A few extra days of rest after an energy-draining illness is always a good idea. When you feel better, you'll bounce back quicker, and will easily make up any 'lost' ground.
    I agree with this advice. Feeling a bit down is one thing but considering from what it sounds like you have been through it seems wiser to rest up first. I bet you will be back on your schedule in no time!