Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up EPIC QUEST to 220 with O'Hearn & Norton

Right now I'm stuck at 193-195 and want to get up to 215-220. My plan is to do a lean bulk but I'm not going to cry if I decided to get wings & a pizza or cheese and wine.

Why do I want to get bigger you may think? The answer is simple ... because I want to.

Why are you using O'Hearn's and Norton's programs? Gotta start somewhere.

O'Hearn's Program can be found here:
    http://webcast.bodybuilding.com/fits...-week-logs.pdf

He has some pretty neat videos and I'll post those the first day of each workout I begin. I'll put them up a second time when i start the second phase, and again on the third phase.

Norton's Program can be found here:
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-f...ated-2011.html

I'll use supplements here and there but the baseline plan is to just have my coffee and hit the gym.

Follow along, it'll be good.

THE INTRO
    Okay so I'll flesh out a little bit here my goal and give some background of my exercise experience.

First of all my goal of 220 is "reaching for the stars." I'd love to be that weight and look shredded, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking that realistically I'll get to about 210 and maintain there. I'm going to carb cycle, as that has already shown more results in two weeks than two years at a level carb intake of around 150 - 200g a day, with some serious binging on the weekends .

After a couple online contests I got to where I'm currently at, but haven't changed in a good 6 months. My strength, however, has consistently gone up - perhaps due to the Promera Sports CONCRET and GLUTA-TREN, as I just finished being a rep with them after about a year. Now I want to see what a steady intake of real food and limited supplements can do for me. The big picture is health, and I'm at the point were (even though I've taken the above product for a long time) I still don't feel comfortable taking in processed foods - let alone processed powders! I just worry about what my liver and kidneys are going through over the long haul, regardless of cycling on or off supplements. They are performance enhancers, and I want to see what I can do without any 'assistance' for awhile. When I plateau I may look into it again, if a de-load doesn't work first.

So the cliffs thus far are:
    >> Shooting for 220 but expect in reality to get to about 210 (I'm thinking family here too, as my older brothers weigh more than this and I'm just getting to be 30 ... my body comp. is going to be changing!)

>> Planning to carb cycle
    The chart below is what my High Carb days are going to look like. On my low carb days I'm going to take out two high carb elements - probably the oatmeal and sweet potato and get my carbs from the whole grain bread (which have steel cut oats in it)

Secondly, my exercise experience. In high school (12 years ago) I was a gymnast. I did all the events but really liked floor and parallel bars the most. So I have some good flexibility still and really think that my strength stems from this, but I'm planning to explode through these programs.

When I got to college I just went into the weight room and started lifting. For a long time, the next 10 years really, I didn't follow any programs and didn't focus on diet. My strength stayed the same and I wasn't consistent in the gym. Two years ago I decided that if I want to have any kind of accomplishment in fitness I should stick to something. Since I had a good set of home free weights and a good bench it was only natural to start bodybuilding. So after a few months I joined the Double-T Transformation and did okay. Only until these last two online competitions, the 100K Challenge and the BSN Get Shredded (I have 5 more weeks in this) did I really start to focus on my diet. I finally have my regular food schedule, and am now tinkering with that to get my ideal look.

Through all that, I realized that I'm not actually eating enough! I am getting more and more consistent, but the weekends still mess me up. But now I'm trying to bulk, so bring on the thick-sauced chicken wings! I love those - they're made with a Catalina (french dressing) base, BBQ, and other nasty goodness

The programs above I have used before, and have found GREAT success with O'Hearn's program. My bench went from around 230 for 1 rep to 270 for 6 sets of 2 reps. With Norton's program I just scratched the surfaced and am looking forward to messing around with that.

Last week was my first full week with a lifting partner, and this should help motivate me to push harder. He's a solid looking 214 and with this program could turn the flab to some serious shredded muscle. He may even try to get his pro card. When he brings it up I encourage him to do so. Two of his friends got theirs and I try to motivate him to do the same. If I actually get to be 220 I may try for mine !

Right now the best, one line summary I can think of for my goal is: To look like Frank Zane. I think I have the body type for it, and if I get to be about 210 with 10% BF I think I'd look really close, and on a cut would accomplish that goal.

So thanks for reading, thanks for following, and get ready for some steady PRs!!
    Last edited by pastorpritch; 03-26-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175642411
    IG: parsonagegym

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IN! Kill this bro! GOIN INTO BEAAAAAASTMOOOOODE!
    advertising not permitted

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    IN! Kill this bro! GOIN INTO BEAAAAAASTMOOOOODE!
    You got that right!
    Thanks for joining brother
    REPPED

Here is my base meal plan. This is what I'll primarily use based on budget:

"LUNCH" is actually two meals. I'll be eating 5 total meals a day. There is no whey in the list because I want to try and eat as much as I can without using whey, but I'll be buying some body fortress at the local price chopper to have on hand if I'm too full for a meal to make sure I at least am getting my protein in.

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    any links to these programs?
    "Some people are like Slinkies. They're not really good for anything but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

My Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145043261

Originally Posted by rpaul11 View Post
    any links to these programs?
    Funny you should ask! I just edited the initial post, you should be able to see them now ...

TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hmmmm, this looks to be interesting.

I shall sub ye Pritchness in thee quest!

220lbs heh? Trying to get beast!

205 for moi, then maintain, we'll see how your progress goes, may jump on these programs/diet as well.

Originally Posted by TheMatzah View Post
    Hmmmm, this looks to be interesting.

I shall sub ye Pritchness in thee quest!

220lbs heh? Trying to get beast!

205 for moi, then maintain, we'll see how your progress goes, may jump on these programs/diet as well.
    Glad to have you bro!

Definitely trying to be beast. I'll be doing a longer intro here in a minute that will explain my objective in more detail

LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    is this your new perma journal?
    My Journal, sometimes there are adorable dog pics
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149029193

Animal Project F log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171830873&p=1450434263#post1450434263

Edited my intro

Originally Posted by LoveMyInk View Post
    is this your new perma journal?
    It is! This ONE

Future Petroleum Engineer Zohairm's Avatar
    Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Inners!
    <[][][]Head of ProMera Elite[][][]>

My creatine >>>> Your creatine

www.forum.promerasports.com

WHAT IS PROMERA ELITE?
    PM ME FOR MORE DETAILS!

Originally Posted by Zohairm View Post
    Inners!
    Welcome bud!

MEALS SO FAR
    MEAL 1: Egg White Veggie Omelet at a local diner
    MEAL 2: 1c Oatmeal w/cinnamon and local honey; 1c Milk (way too much!); 1c Milk w/Infinite Labs Whey (1.5 scoops); Fish Oil; 2 Caps ERGOSHRED (almost done with the trial bottle)

rsxtace is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsxtace is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsxtace is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsxtace is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsxtace is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsxtace is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsxtace is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsxtace is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsxtace is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsxtace is on a distinguished road. (+10) rsxtace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Man i been trying to gain weight myself I'm gonna follow you see how this turns out! Good luck bro!

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pastorpritch View Post
    Funny you should ask! I just edited the initial post, you should be able to see them now ...
    just looked at O'hearn's program....I really like the looks of it.
    "Some people are like Slinkies. They're not really good for anything but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

My Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145043261

Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zohairm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    have u tried superhd yet?

im asking cause i see u taking ergoshred.

its helped me make lean gain so far

WHAT IS PROMERA ELITE?
    PM ME FOR MORE DETAILS!

Originally Posted by rsxtace View Post
    Man i been trying to gain weight myself I'm gonna follow you see how this turns out! Good luck bro!
    Great! Welcome
    We'll see if we can help each other

Originally Posted by rpaul11 View Post
    just looked at O'hearn's program....I really like the looks of it.
    It is pretty straightforward, which was a big draw for me: compound lift, iso lift, shaping lift.

have u tried superhd yet?

im asking cause i see u taking ergoshred.

its helped me make lean gain so far
    I haven't, who makes it?
    The ergo shred was a promo and I like the reps and the products they've had in the past. The ergo seemed to work better than the phenyl core, although to be fair I was much more consistent with the ergo.

irish.red has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irish.red has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irish.red has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irish.red has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irish.red has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irish.red has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irish.red has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irish.red has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irish.red has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irish.red has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irish.red has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    <------------IN* lookin forward to seein the program in action
    [My Log -->> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170247221]

Each set, every rep is a gift...

Current Supps: sacha inchi oil upon waking up, whey isolate powder, Peruvian Maca, 2k IU vitamin D prebed, occasional probiotic, cup of coffee preworkout sometimes

Originally Posted by irish.red View Post
    <------------IN* lookin forward to seein the program in action
    Great! Welcome

I haven't, who makes it?
    The ergo shred was a promo and I like the reps and the products they've had in the past. The ergo seemed to work better than the phenyl core, although to be fair I was much more consistent with the ergo.
    ARE U KIDDING ME!!!!

its made by the one and only cellucor!!

there was a HUGE promo were they gave out like 100+ bottle just for filling out a simple form!

the reviews are amazing, and i can say from personal exp that its awesome!

ive been eating at a slight caloric surplus and running like normal, and the result ive been getting are a steady recomp.

my abs are getting leaner and my strenght is sky rocketing!

so im sure u could use it in some way to get super lean gains as well.

WHAT IS PROMERA ELITE?
    PM ME FOR MORE DETAILS!

ARE U KIDDING ME!!!!

its made by the one and only cellucor!!

there was a HUGE promo were they gave out like 100+ bottle just for filling out a simple form!
    Ah. I've been focused on one company for so long I forgot about the rest

Ah. I've been focused on one company for so long I forgot about the rest
    lol i cant blame u promera makes some good ish!

i just wish they would diverisify the aresnal of products!

a super lean protein from promera would be awesome!!

BTW READ THE EDIT ABOVE!

WHAT IS PROMERA ELITE?
    PM ME FOR MORE DETAILS!

I might look closer at it down the road. Thanks for sharing

We make PROGRESS happen! Bronzebird's Avatar
    Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sub'd

What is the waistline gonna look like on this journey to 220? I started my running program when I was bulking to keep the waist in check...

Eat big and workout bigger bro!
    Send a friend to invite on ********--> Marty Tolmich/Personal Trainer

My video are at https://www.********.com/pages/Action-Fitness-LLC/219746674743053

30MileMarie is just really nice. (+1000) 30MileMarie is just really nice. (+1000) 30MileMarie is just really nice. (+1000) 30MileMarie is just really nice. (+1000) 30MileMarie is just really nice. (+1000) 30MileMarie is just really nice. (+1000) 30MileMarie is just really nice. (+1000) 30MileMarie is just really nice. (+1000) 30MileMarie is just really nice. (+1000) 30MileMarie is just really nice. (+1000) 30MileMarie is just really nice. (+1000)
    SUBBBBB'D This should be a great LOG Pritch! Looks like a solid plan you have in place
    CURRENT LOG http://tinyurl.com/GlutaTren

COMPLETED- BETA CRET log http://tinyurl.com/30betacret

2012 Green Mountain Thaw Bikini Debut 3rd, Bikini Open 2nd
    2012 The Uprising Bikini Open 1st
    2012 Empire State Natural PRO QUALIFIER Bikini Open 2nd
    2012 Spirit of America PRO QUALIFIER Bikini Open 3rd

LIKE my page @ https://www.********.com/AnnaDekeFitness

TRAINING LOG at http://tinyurl.com/30MileMarie

Originally Posted by Bronzebird View Post
    Sub'd

What is the waistline gonna look like on this journey to 220? I started my running program when I was bulking to keep the waist in check...

Eat big and workout bigger bro!
    I'm hoping with racquetball throughout the week and a constant 2-a-day walk with the dogs my waistline should stay in check
    And great to have you following

Originally Posted by 30MileMarie View Post
    SUBBBBB'D This should be a great LOG Pritch! Looks like a solid plan you have in place
    Thanks 30! And welcome

I'm off to a good start so far, and my arms and upper body is shaking from the workout ... WITHOUT supplements. I'm excited to see where this will take me

INCLINE BB PRESS
    140 x 10
    190 x 4
    210 x 4
    210 x 4
    210 x 4
    220 x 4
    220 x 4
    I fully expected to start around 200 for all 5 sets, once I did the 140 for 10 really easy reps I knew I would be getting more. I stuck a powerlifting format for form, meaning: my back had an arch, my quads were flexed, my feet were flat, and I turned my shoulders "down and out" on the way down and on the way back out slowly turned my arms so that my elbows pointed straight out. There's a video for this I just don't know the url. Next Monday I'll attempt 220 for all 5 sets

DB FLAT BENCH
    75 x 10
    75 x 10
    75 x 10
    75 x 10
    75 x 10
    Same lifting principle as above for form. I was thinking of starting with 90, but that's about where I was when I finished this program the last time, so opted for the lower weight. I could probably up this to 80 next time

STANDING FLY: LOWER PULLEY /SS/ UPPER PULLEY
    30 /ss/ 50 x 15/10
    40 /ss/ 50 x 10ea
    40 /ss/ 50 x 10ea
    The program called for incline fly .... What can I say; I'm a rebel.

OBLIQUE CABLE CRUNCH /SS/ BENCH LEG RAISE
    110 /ss/ BW x 15/10
    130 /ss/ BW x 10/12
    130 /ss/ BW x 10ea
    I always have to play around to really target the ab muscles. For the bench leg raise I'm as straight as I can get and I let my legs hand just below the bench with my upper body a little above it. I then raise my legs while flexing my lower abs to just above the bench and back down; this really targets my lower abs

OBLIQUE DECLINE CRUNCH /SS/ REV. BB CURL (SEATED)
    35 (bar) /ss/ BW x 5 N, 5 W / 10ea
    35 (bar) /ss/ BW x 5 N, 5 W / 10ea
    35 (bar) /ss/ BW x 5 N, 5 W
    I do 5 narrow and 5 wide on the rev. bb curl simply because I want to make sure I get every last fiber in my stubborn skinny wrists and forearms!

CARDIO
    None today, racquetball tomorrow

WORKOUT THOUGHTS
    >> OFF TO A GREAT START. I'M FEELING VERY VASCULAR RIGHT NOW. I TOOK 2 ERGO CAPS BEFORE MY WORKOUT, BUT I DON'T THINK THAT HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE PUMP AS IT IS A FAT LOSS SUPPLEMENT