Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    nimms is on a distinguished road. (+10) nimms is on a distinguished road. (+10) nimms is on a distinguished road. (+10) nimms is on a distinguished road. (+10) nimms is on a distinguished road. (+10) nimms is on a distinguished road. (+10) nimms is on a distinguished road. (+10) nimms is on a distinguished road. (+10) nimms is on a distinguished road. (+10) nimms is on a distinguished road. (+10) nimms is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have been lurking for a while..OP you truely look great...

As for age, I was at the gym yesterday and from time to time there has been this "old" guy there at the same time as I.

I see him repping out pull-ups (among other things) and I thought of this thread. I walked over and said, 'I have to ask how old are you and how many pull-ups are you doing?'

He says 'I am 84 and I am doing 5 set of 13.' He goes on to say he was doing them Mon- Fri but decided every other day was better. In January he was doing 5 set of 11 and he hopes he gets to 5x14 in April.

I was pretty shock to say the least.

thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by nimms View Post
    I have been lurking for a while..OP you truely look great...

As for age, I was at the gym yesterday and from time to time there has been this "old" guy there at the same time as I.

I see him repping out pull-ups (among other things) and I thought of this thread. I walked over and said, 'I have to ask how old are you and how many pull-ups are you doing?'

He says 'I am 84 and I am doing 5 set of 13.' He goes on to say he was doing them Mon- Fri but decided every other day was better. In January he was doing 5 set of 11 and he hopes he gets to 5x14 in April.

I was pretty shock to say the least.
    Great story! And this story reminds me of a similar situation that happened with me.......

Some years ago, I was working out in my gym and I had noticed for a while this older gentlemen. He was in great shape and I could tell by looking at him that he was serious about his training, every movement was smooth, deliberate and he really kept the intensity up through his workout.

As he was leaving the gym, I made it a point to catch up with him outside and i politely asked him "I hope I am not being out of line, but I have to ask you this....how old are you? I was noticing you training and you really know you're stuff and quite frankly you look GREAT!" He beamed and was grinning from ear to ear, and he said "no problem at all.... I am 83 years old and have been training most of my life!" My jaw just dropped... I figured he may have been 60-65 at most, and going by the physique even younger again.

We went on to talk about lifting, told him my age (at the time I just turned 50) and he also was floored....we shook hands and I remember him saying to me "us old guys have to show the young pups how it's done!"

And he is right! Forget the media hype and everything that the negative people try to tell you...... Live, Laugh and LIFT!!! There's no age limit on THAT!

Ron III---III
    My favorite part of Bodybuilding is the sleeping because then I don't have to worry about eating all day!! :)