Thread: routine

Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10)

routine

My gf wants to work out with me and I was planning to put her on my routine.

Squats
    Bench press
    Bent over row
    Over head press
    Deadlifts Romanian
    Preacher curls

She is very small. 5'0 about 100 pounds or so. Is this too aggressive to start with or is it a good routine for her? We are basically looking to recomp. I know girls grow slower than guys. How soon do you ladies notice results? 3-4 months?

kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The exercises in and of themselves are not aggresive. Weights and reps is what makes them aggressive or not. If she's new stick to basics and form above all else. I don't know about girls growing any slower than guys but I will tell you that none of this will matter if she's not eating right. Check the nutrition stckies and basic training stickies before you just start a program and dub it as a recomp. Results vary by person and depend on way too many factors to be able to compare one person to another imo.
    You have to train your mind the same way you train your body. You must protect it against the negative and feed it with the positive. Be mindful of what you watch, what you read and who you allow to influence you. Learn to consider your thoughts emotions and actions. Trust your gut face your fears head on and never quit. AJ Roberts

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143102443

Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I thought people might misunderstand if I used recomp. My point was as an end result she isn't looking to gain or lose weight but remain the same roughly. If this is achieved by cut and bulk cycles that is fine.

Anyway I plan to start her lighter until she gets form down paricularly on squats and Deadlifts.

kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Chazster View Post
    I thought people might misunderstand if I used recomp. My point was as an end result she isn't looking to gain or lose weight but remain the same roughly. If this is achieved by cut and bulk cycles that is fine.

Anyway I plan to start her lighter until she gets form down paricularly on squats and Deadlifts.
    Then what's the actual goal here? To build muscle? If so it's a good goal but it still comes down to diet over training. If she wants to build muscle she'll have to eat enough calories to sustain her lifting even though she will probably see newbie gains at first.
    You have to train your mind the same way you train your body. You must protect it against the negative and feed it with the positive. Be mindful of what you watch, what you read and who you allow to influence you. Learn to consider your thoughts emotions and actions. Trust your gut face your fears head on and never quit. AJ Roberts

darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50) darins will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Not to be completely obvious, but if she wants to stay the same she should continue doing what she is (or isn't) doing now.

What's the real goal here?
    Online trainer and contest prep coach
    fivestarrphysique.com
    youtube.com/fivestarrfitness

The real goal is to lean up. Maybe go to 18-20% body fat. I would guess she is in the mid 20s. Luckily for her size you are only looking at gaining 5-8 pounds of muscle and losing an equal amount of fat. Now sure she could just lift and cut fat to get there but I think a little muscle would do her good.

The real goal is to lean up. Maybe go to 18-20% body fat. I would guess she is in the mid 20s. Luckily for her size you are only looking at gaining 5-8 pounds of muscle and losing an equal amount of fat. Now sure she could just lift and cut fat to get there but I think a little muscle would do her good.
    Lean Up??????????????????? She's 100 lbs for God's sake!!!!!! Read the stickies. The end.

And? 100 at 5'0 with her frame isn't as small as it sounds. She wears a size 4 shoe. Even in Korea its hard for her to find that. Anyway yea i have read them. Lurked forumes a long time. I got my routine from All Pros sticky. Was just trying to get some input from the ladies for her. Actually she would probably want to actually lose weight but I am the one that wants her to stay the same and just get a better comp. It would take a while for me to convince her she could probably gain a few I the end lol.

Anyway I know she is small and my biggest concern is her getting hurt. I mean most of these lifts she wild barely be able to do the bar and I just wanted to make sure I am not being to hard on her. Not the mechanics of how to gain muscle and lose fat.

kmp411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anyway I know she is small and my biggest concern is her getting hurt. I mean most of these lifts she wild barely be able to do the bar and I just wanted to make sure I am not being to hard on her. Not the mechanics of how to gain muscle and lose fat.
    If she can barely lift the bar, thats fine. It's a starting point, and she will have to build off of that. Don't worry..her arms won 't break off
    Squat:345
    Deadlift:380
    Bench:175lb

Go hard or take that a$$ home : )