awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Night sweats preventing sleep.

In my training I have come across a major obstacle. I can't seem to sleep peacefully through the night. I wake up feeling like my whole body on fire and I can't go to sleep until I eat again. I know my body has been losing fat, and definitely building muscle, but my weight doesn't change easily because of this. I feel like this might be a problem when it gets time for me to cut weight. I am currently at 125 and would like to get down to at least 117 in about 10 weeks, but waking up at night to eat has become a problem where it messes up my daily caloric deficit.

Lately I have been trying to out-cardio my calories and keep my calories lower during the day (except pre-workout) just so I can plan to wake up at night to eat. This happens weather I take melatonin or not. I simply cannot sleep while burning up.

Anyone had the same problem? Is there anything that I can do to sleep peacefully?

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Eat before you go to bed, lol. Out-cardioing your diet is another way of saying "you can't out-train a bad diet".

I would re-adjust your attitude about scale weight. If you are successfully putting on lean muscle and losing fat, why does the scale number even matter? You will be smaller and tighter going your current route anyway, why the need to get to 117?? You are going to eff up your ability to continue to change your body composition if you remain so restrictive, as well as steering yourself towards disordered eating patterns.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nights sweats common with over training or being run down.

How much and how often are you doing cardio?

awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) awhetstone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    @Rowan: Your "information" is very opinionated and not appreciated. I would "re-adjust" your tone. You come across as very rude. I am certified in Personal Training and Sports Nutrition, I also went to school for each. I understand everything you are saying, but I also understand MY body and the body of other 5'3'' competitors competition weights. If you haven't experienced the whole night-sweat thing... why reply?

@Wakechika: I believe you are right. It is a symptom of over training... yet improper nutrition. I did more cardio than I have in about one week yesterday. One 45minute fasted session in the morning, and one 50minute session after an intense back/bi session. I saved a big chunk of calories for right before bed last night, and ate some sweet potatoes, a 50/50 casein whey protein shake (50g), 2tbsp of natural peanut butter and an apple. I slept through the entire night, and I woke up .6lbs lighter. <3 Thank you.

kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by awhetstone View Post
    @Rowan: Your "information" is very opinionated and not appreciated. I would "re-adjust" your tone. You come across as very rude. I am certified in Personal Training and Sports Nutrition, I also went to school for each. I understand everything you are saying, but I also understand MY body and the body of other 5'3'' competitors competition weights. If you haven't experienced the whole night-sweat thing... why reply?

@Wakechika: I believe you are right. It is a symptom of over training... yet improper nutrition. I did more cardio than I have in about one week yesterday. One 45minute fasted session in the morning, and one 50minute session after an intense back/bi session. I saved a big chunk of calories for right before bed last night, and ate some sweet potatoes, a 50/50 casein whey protein shake (50g), 2tbsp of natural peanut butter and an apple. I slept through the entire night, and I woke up .6lbs lighter. <3 Thank you.
    Where are you a trainer and sports nutrionist? I want to make sure I never go there! Rowyn gave you a very well thought out and correct answer but apparently it wasn't to your liking so it was rude and opinionated??? I hate to tell you sweetheart but every answer on here is nothing more than another person's opinion...if you don't like the answers you might get don't ask the questions. And anyway, as a professional you couldn't figure out for yourself what the problem was. Really? Overtraining was an answer that escaped you the PT/nutrionist?? Go back to the school you studied at and maybe a proff there can teach you some common sense. Apparently you need that more than an obvious answer here.
    You have to train your mind the same way you train your body. You must protect it against the negative and feed it with the positive. Be mindful of what you watch, what you read and who you allow to influence you. Learn to consider your thoughts emotions and actions. Trust your gut face your fears head on and never quit. AJ Roberts

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143102443

Originally Posted by kjake55 View Post
    Where are you a trainer and sports nutrionist? I want to make sure I never go there! Rowyn gave you a very well thought out and correct answer but apparently it wasn't to your liking so it was rude and opinionated??? I hate to tell you sweetheart but every answer on here is nothing more than another person's opinion...if you don't like the answers you might get don't ask the questions. And anyway, as a professional you couldn't figure out for yourself what the problem was. Really? Overtraining was an answer that escaped you the PT/nutrionist?? Go back to the school you studied at and maybe a proff there can teach you some common sense. Apparently you need that more than an obvious answer here.
    I have done some research on the subject before, and all I could come up with were forum discussions on it, and yes I speculated that it might be over-training... but it doesn't always happen so it left me wondering about the science behind it, and what can be done to stop it. It ISN'T very common in the world, but I have found that it IS among people in contest prep.

My objective of posting this thread was to see if I could get any SOLID answers/replies from people that have experienced it (I.E. COMPETITORS), possibly even articles on the topic because I haven't been able to find any. Not to start crap with people who have nothing better to do than to babble answers that they THINK are right. All ROWYN really did was first: tell me my diet was ****ty, and second: attack my choice of competition weight which was an estimate using various 5'3" pro competitor's stats, compared to my own body type, and prep time. Congratulations for losing weight, you look great for 44.

I don't think she understood that I have to drop my body-fat down to at least 12% which requires me to out-cardio my ****ty diet daily. (Lmao to myself.)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I HAVE CONCLUDED THAT IT IS A MATTER OF NUTRIENT TIMING. (*Not just over-training.)

Anyone experiencing this same phenomenon should try a 50g Casein/Whey protein shake, slow digesting carbs, and a serving of good fats. *Yes this is about 500calories, but if you stay within your DCI or deficit range you should be able to sleep like a baby. No melatonin required. <3

I hope this thread was helpful.
    (Never mind the haterism. Lol)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if you can't handle what rowyn said and don't want opinions from non-competitors anyway, perhaps you shouldn't be posting here. there's a whole section for competitors. ask there.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have done some research on the subject before, and all I could come up with were forum discussions on it, and yes I speculated that it might be over-training... but it doesn't always happen so it left me wondering about the science behind it, and what can be done to stop it. It ISN'T very common in the world, but I have found that it IS among people in contest prep.

My objective of posting this thread was to see if I could get any SOLID answers/replies from people that have experienced it (I.E. COMPETITORS), possibly even articles on the topic because I haven't been able to find any. Not to start crap with people who have nothing better to do than to babble answers that they THINK are right. All ROWYN really did was first: tell me my diet was ****ty, and second: attack my choice of competition weight which was an estimate using various 5'3" pro competitor's stats, compared to my own body type, and prep time. Congratulations for losing weight, you look great for 44.

I don't think she understood that I have to drop my body-fat down to at least 12% which requires me to out-cardio my ****ty diet daily. (Lmao to myself.)

I HAVE CONCLUDED THAT IT IS A MATTER OF NUTRIENT TIMING. (*Not just over-training.)

Anyone experiencing this same phenomenon should try a 50g Casein/Whey protein shake, slow digesting carbs, and a serving of good fats. *Yes this is about 500calories, but if you stay within your DCI or deficit range you should be able to sleep like a baby. No melatonin required. <3

Way to leave out crucial information and then attack a well respected member. Think competition dieting has mucked up your head or what? We cannot read your mind.

"I can't seem to sleep peacefully through the night. I wake up feeling like my whole body on fire and I can't go to sleep until I eat again."

Your answer is in your question. Meal timing. Ro has it right. Reworking your diet so you can get food in right before bed may be the cure. I also suspect your macros are a bit off.

"I have to drop my body-fat down to at least 12% which requires me to out-cardio my ****ty diet daily"

Many competitors subscribe to the cardio madness as well as no dairy or fruit and other such mantras to the point where most believe this is the only way. It's not. If you want to learn a better way to prep for comp next time, get in touch with Kimm4.

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Your haterism or what? Why would I be jealous of you and how would you read that from my reply?

First of all, where did you say you were in contest prep? My comment was based on the information you gave. Second, one would think you would know more than you actually do given you are 10 weeks out, and an apparent degree as well. Scary.

Whose attitude is crap here? Go eat some carbs, you need to re-adust yourself.
    Last edited by Rowyn; 02-17-2012 at 07:05 PM.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I know my body has been losing fat, and definitely building muscle, but my weight doesn't change easily because of this.
    There is no building muscle during contest prep. The key to contest prep (in this order) preserve our muscle and lose body fat. I have no idea how long you've been dieting, but if changes aren't happening on the scale, then you need to take a closer look at your diet...something is off and it needs to be fixed.

Out-cardio, double cardio, hrs upon hrs of useless cardio, etc...doesn't get you lean. Keep doing this and I guarantee you will lose more muscle then fat...and it never looks pretty onstage. It's all about giving yourself enough time to get lean and lettting your diet do the work for you.

Overtraining...meh...a word used too much on these forums and most people don't even come close. Eating before bed can help. (Rowyn covered that in her very first sentence.) There are nights when you will be hungry and have trouble sleeping...it's normal during prep. Sometimes it just comes down to our mindset and sucking it up...
    Last edited by kimm4; 02-17-2012 at 08:40 PM.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP digs herself waaaaaayyyyy too much.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Registered User HopeSmallwonder's Avatar
    HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Last year when I was dieting down to compete I started gettin horrible night sweats as well, im personally always hungry LOL so I would time my last meal to be right before bed (literally) and that helped but I think the night sweats can be due to low body fat and over stimulant days ( lots of caffeine durning the day + low body fat) I would guess at night your body just doesnt know what to do, but sweat. I never looked into it fully, but no many competitors have night sweats while dieting down
    Follow me on ********!
    http://www.********.com/profile.php?id=100000582781653

Infinite Labs Model

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    fwiw, my endo suggested black cohosh for my night sweats. probably a totally different issue. just throwing it out there for something for you to research.

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Looks to me like you have a crappy diet, crappy training program, and a crappy attitude. You should drop all 3.

As a "COMPETITOR" yes i have experienced night sweats, and its typically meant that something is off in my diet. Once i focus on good nutrition and proper training techniques (ie, not doing hours of cardio a day) then sweats disappear.

And i have had them as recently as a few months ago when i was on a bulk, so its not just a "cutting" thing, it more of a nutrition thing. You say it clears up when you take extra protein and extra good fats, that should be a BIG clue as to what the issue is.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccarthey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I get frequent night sweats...it's frustrating as heck too. From my understanding in talking with a doctor, it's most likely caused by low blood sugar. Other things that can cause them are menopause (for women in that age category), cancer, certain medications, infections, hormonal disorders, etc. But the most common type unexplained by other known factors is due to low blood sugar. It sounds like that's the case for you if you've found that eating before bed is helping it.

Red face

Originally Posted by HopeSmallwonder View Post
    Last year when I was dieting down to compete I started gettin horrible night sweats as well, im personally always hungry LOL so I would time my last meal to be right before bed (literally) and that helped but I think the night sweats can be due to low body fat and over stimulant days ( lots of caffeine durning the day + low body fat) I would guess at night your body just doesnt know what to do, but sweat. I never looked into it fully, but no many competitors have night sweats while dieting down
    I appreciate this reply, and others as well. It is comforting to know that I am not alone.

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    There is no building muscle during contest prep. The key to contest prep (in this order) preserve our muscle and lose body fat. I have no idea how long you've been dieting, but if changes aren't happening on the scale, then you need to take a closer look at your diet...something is off and it needs to be fixed.

Out-cardio, double cardio, hrs upon hrs of useless cardio, etc...doesn't get you lean. Keep doing this and I guarantee you will lose more muscle then fat...and it never looks pretty onstage. It's all about giving yourself enough time to get lean and lettting your diet do the work for you.

Overtraining...meh...a word used too much on these forums and most people don't even come close. Eating before bed can help. (Rowyn covered that in her very first sentence.) There are nights when you will be hungry and have trouble sleeping...it's normal during prep. Sometimes it just comes down to our mindset and sucking it up...
    I finally understand that there were different phases that I was supposed to be sticking with. This helped a lot. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Rowyn View Post
    Your haterism or what? Why would I be jealous of you and how would you read that from my reply?

First of all, where did you say you were in contest prep? My comment was based on the information you gave. Second, one would think you would know more than you actually do given you are 10 weeks out, and an apparent degree as well. Scary.

Whose attitude is crap here? Go eat some carbs, you need to re-adust yourself.
    I am sorry. I got defensive. This hasn't been easy. (And you are right about my carbs.) =)

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well this is an interesting thread because at the end of last year I got down to the lowest body fat I had ever been and I started experiencing night sweats too. First I wondered if it had something to do with my training very hard revving my metabolism through the roof. Then I wondered if the loss of body fat was doing a number on my hormones, since the only case of night sweats I knew about had to do with menopause. Heck, I totally thought I was getting pre-menopausal! I feel better now, knowing it's a fairly common thing.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

Registered User HopeSmallwonder's Avatar
    HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    Well this is an interesting thread because at the end of last year I got down to the lowest body fat I had ever been and I started experiencing night sweats too. First I wondered if it had something to do with my training very hard revving my metabolism through the roof. Then I wondered if the loss of body fat was doing a number on my hormones, since the only case of night sweats I knew about had to do with menopause. Heck, I totally thought I was getting pre-menopausal! I feel better now, knowing it's a fairly common thing.
    It really is! Last week out of curiousity I ask a few friends of mine from the gym, some who train for competing and other who are just trying to lose weight and it is very common. I'm sure each person is effected by night sweats for there own reason though too. Weather diet, low blood sugar, pre menopause ect
    Follow me on ********!
    http://www.********.com/profile.php?id=100000582781653

Infinite Labs Model

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It really is! Last week out of curiousity I ask a few friends of mine from the gym, some who train for competing and other who are just trying to lose weight and it is very common. I'm sure each person is effected by night sweats for there own reason though too. Weather diet, low blood sugar, pre menopause ect
    I wonder if the same people who experience night sweats start getting them when their body fat drops so low they lose their period. I can't answer that question myself since I am on the pill continuously and haven't had a period in years. It would be interesting to know if hormones have anything to do with it.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I had chronic night sweats for about 3 months - not eating enough, doing a bucket load of 5-6mile runs/week. Bed sheet changing type of night sweats. This went away once I sorted myself out and was only periodic. They then came back again when I first joined the military and was in training. Really bad - again, poor nutrition, going to bed hungry and a lot of phys. And again 2 years ago, but I think it was thyroid related this last time. Haven't had any since but then my thyroid caused my bodyfat to shoot up