Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1199
    MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Don't Say, DO!

11/19/2013

Cardio ... 30 minutes ... bike, treadmill

Abdominals and Shoulders
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Cable Crunches ...60lbs..2/ 12
    Weighted Leg Raises ..10lbs.. 2/12

Seated Dumbbell Press 10lbs.. 2/ 6
    Military Press
    (To the front)..20lbs.. 2/ 6
    Side Lateral Dumbbell Raises ..5lbs.. 2 /8
    Seated Rear Lateral Dumbbell Raises ..5lbs.. 2 /8

Disciplines
    1.Plan my day the night before. Look at it again in the morning when I get up ....
    2.First thing check my dream board and make contact with what I want. Read my financial, relational and physical goals....
    3. 5 meals..
    4. Muscle Trains everyday

This week
    1. create audios of life vision

Podcast
    Don't just say, DO! Results .. I loved the description of how you went through giving birth and all the challenges and STILL showed up. .. Really checking what my rules are about that. I have some very limiting ones and I am surprised by them actually. ....These 100 days have given me a deeper understanding of my trust issues and my limiting rules.

Cool moment today ... thought about my life in the next 15 years and set some deadlines... it felt good.

What do I really want? I want to trust. so many things require it. One biggie is trusting myself ..that I can handle what uncovering will bring into my life. thinking a lot about this.///
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Just popping in to check on you & Ken. Wishing you the best.
    Dream it, wish it, do it!
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    11/26/2013

Very busy right now "doing"........................ Taking a break from writing about it. .... I talk too much.

"Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hope you are following through with your don't say, DO attitude. Best wishes - Do it in 2014!!
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

1/4/2014

Rotational/Pivot Squats........ 50 seconds ......... 10 seconds
    Rotational Push Ups..... 50 seconds.......... 10 seconds
    Step Ups ....... 50 seconds.......... 10 seconds
    Middle Trap ...... 50 seconds .......... 10 seconds
    Hand/Forearm Switches ......... 50 seconds ....... 10 seconds
    Rest 30 seconds and repeat x 4 sets.....

**4 meals today and a mile walk

**execution level .... 7

I have written my goals down again....... I am examining the roles I have and my identity in them... what I am about in them and what's important to me. What do I value?
    1.What impressed me yesterday? .....
    The evidence of amazing progress in healing a relationship with someone I love dearly...............................I found a way.

2.Cool moment ....
    Ditto

If i step back and objectively look at where I was 2 years ago.... my progress has been very good overall. I have not done all I wished but I understand better why the process can take longer than we think it will.... Mindset..... it must be developed.
    I wondered if I could have actually handled what I say I want right now. I don't think so. This time has been about education, facing hard self knowledge and developing the integrity needed to sustain my dreams. Even just 6 mos ago I would have focused only on my "failures" but I have learned a new way to measure myself....
    I am beginning again ... focusing on the end result I am after ... and the feeling I want. ...I have done a big work in the area of trust recently. (thankyou skip for the Morning Connection series. TRUST....... I allowed vulnerability and took the steps all the way down the Rabbit Hole. It was firey. It was perfect.)
    My goals have not changed but they are more rich and meaningful. I understand my motivations better.
    I am excited at the thought of what i will experience and accomplish this year.
    I still fully intend to post a pic at 135lbs......and do many other things...

In the heat of battle, the mind tends to lose it's balance. too many things confront you at the same time.... unexpected setbacks, doubts, and criticisms from allies. there's a danger of responding emotionally, with fear, depression, or frustration. It is vital to keep your presence of mind, maintaining your mental powers whatever the circumstances. You must actively resist the emotional pull of the moment....... staying decisive, confident, and aggressive no matter what hits you. Make the mind tougher by exposing it to adversity. Learn to detach yourself from the chaos of the battlefield. Let others lose their heads; your presence of mind will steer you clear of their influence and keep you on course. 33 Strategies of War
    Last edited by MzJules; 01-04-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Addendum to last post....1/4/2014

I wanted to capture this thought here because I believe this development will greatly affect my efforts this year in the gym and with my eating.
    I am aware that I have developed a much better tolerance for discomfort. It's interesting. All the discomfort I had in learning a new way to eat and working out through all the excellent teaching I got from Skip, impacted my way of thinking on many levels. It was very hard for me and i failed at something everyday but wow, I learned so much! I transferred these skills to other areas of my life. It was phenomenally effective.
    I have accepted and embraced discomfort as my motivator instead of my defeat.
    I have been uncomfortable for awhile at the clinic but pushing through it and using that "angst" as positive energy........ I had to immerse myself. I am making great strides there. ....... I am at home in my field again and will continue to grow.
    I wish to turn some of my focus once again to my body. I think I will be smarter about it and I am more deeply connected to what I want and why. I am more certain. ................... I have imagined it so much. The "thing" is more real. ..... I think I will be able to execute at a much higher level because of this.

My overeating? ....... It is a way of acting out. The needs are legitimate. .... the strategy to meet them is juvenile.......

Ktown522 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ktown522 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ktown522 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ktown522 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ktown522 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ktown522 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good morning, CewSaw and MzJules! I am here to just introduce myself and say best of luck with this challenge. I am also just beginning to learn the site and how things work. I am not computer or blog savy so that in and of itself will be a challenge!!

1/5/2014

Hand/Forearm Switches ......... 50 seconds ....... 10 seconds ... arms handled this pretty well .. I was slow

............ made it through 2x with a better sense of balance and more intensity... my left side is stiff, ... I feel like an old lady..... I am giving myself a couple of months to do conditioning and get flexible. I think I will do better with the weights this time.
    Listening to Morning Connection podcasts again. started with the Top 10. "It is not what you say that defines you. What defines you is what you do." ......... how do I want to define myself?.....applying this exercise to all the roles I play in my life and also to the new ones I wish to assume. It's a lot to think about.
    This is going to be a good start ..... enjoying the structure once more and it has only been 3 days. Caught myself hungry with no food to day. Too many carbs as a result. checkin myself against the standard I said I was going to use. I didn't pack. I will tomorrow. .......There really is comfort in the disciplines.
    **3 meals

**execution level .... 5

What impressed me yesterday?.... got my journal going again ... I was hesitant .. a point of accountability that has worked very well for me. I highly recommend it.[/b]

Cool moment .... enjoying my ability to really feel and be in the body I want. How it will feel. savoring this and writing about it so I can read it and remember during the "dry" times......... it helps
    Last edited by MzJules; 01-05-2014 at 07:28 PM.

1/6/2014

Squat With Vertical Dumbbell Pick Up.....30 seconds.....50 seconds
    Dumbbell Swing....30 seconds........50 seconds
    Single Leg Bent-Leg Deadlift With Dumbbell Row (L leg)......30 seconds......50 seconds
    Single Leg Bent-Leg Deadlift With Dumbbell Row (R leg).....30 seconds......50 seconds
    Squat With Vertical Dumbbell Power Press.....30 seconds.......50 seconds
    Repeat This 4x For A Total Of 20 Exercises

Execution ... 7 ... had to rest a lot, sore from the last couple days ...my balance is not good ... I just keep thinking about how it will feel to get back to the weights again..... to feel my body building stamina and strength. I am following a stretching routine everyday this time. Between the working out and the work I do..... my body is going to be doing a lot of moving. .... Will begin my own bodywork sessions again next month.

Meals 4 ...and 2MMN shakes ... feelin the broccoli...Magic!.....was very hungry this afternoon and with out food again. I ate it all! Tweaking my daily strategies. I need a really good cooler for the car to store food and shakes. All my food will have to be with me ...too many schedule changes sometimes.

What Impressed me Yesterday?
    I changed my own car battery .... and I bought a set of metric wrenches. I really love tools. I hate car grease.
    Cool Moment
    great phone call from co-worker praising the level of skill I have achieved so fast .. lots of validation. I am going to make 150 an hour

1/7/2014

Squat With Vertical Dumbbell Pick Up.....30 seconds.....50 seconds
    Dumbbell Swing....30 seconds........50 seconds
    Single Leg Bent-Leg Deadlift With Dumbbell Row (L leg)......30 seconds......50 seconds
    Single Leg Bent-Leg Deadlift With Dumbbell Row (R leg).....30 seconds......50 seconds
    Squat With Vertical Dumbbell Power Press.....30 seconds.......50 seconds
    Repeat This 4x For A Total Of 20 Exercises

Execution ... 6 ... made it through 3x ... really slow on the last set
    [b]Meals 3 ... 2 shakes ...

What Impressed me Yesterday?
    Very focused, able to really connect with the feeling I am after through the vehicle of my goals
    Cool Moment
    just feels good to be connecting with this part of my dream again. I captured the feeling today of already being where I want to be and I acted like I was there. I can live up to my true potential.
    Breaking down my goals into actions I WILL do everyday. I will focus on the victories, on the promises I keep.
    I AM happy and grateful that I fed myself 5 times today.
    I worked out.
    I drank a gallon of water.
    I was of service to someone.

Reading: 33 Strategies of War
    Listening to Podcast #77
    Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #77
    “NEXT LEVEL Thinking When It Comes To Setting and ACHIEVING Your Goals”
    Last edited by MzJules; 01-07-2014 at 09:26 PM.

1/8/2014

Hand/Forearm Switches ......... 50 seconds ....... 10 seconds ...
    ............ made it through 3x ... arms are feelin a little weak. i worked on 3 guys today. Im wondering will I ever be able to pick up a real weight again! ... Anyway, keeping my focus on RESULTS!...
    switchin up workout routines for now and switchin up carb and fat levels each week. One day of Intermittent fasting next week, 16 hrs, from dinner to lunch the next day. Strategy is to not allow my body to adjust to the same thing. Will Stick to this plan for 3 months and re-evaluate.

**3 meals ...2 shakes

**execution level .... 7

What impressed me yesterday?.... I thought about the fact that I am turning 60 Mon .... and I didn't cry..Ha! .... but the thought has lit a fire under my you know what this last week. I still have a lot I want to do and I want to look good doing it. [/b]

Cool moment ....It feels like a good start ... locking myself in for awhile again. My family has noticed my withdrawal. I let them all know what I am doing and that I need time to get focused and rolling. For me, that I verbalized the boundary to take care of myself is huge. It just takes so much focus and energy to stay in the right state of mind. I have to box myself in to stay the course. I have created a strategy in case Ken goes into the hospital again. thermoses for shakes and meat and veggies at the cafeteria. A couple of good hills around the hospital and if things go well some pit stops at home for food.
    I have to stay focused on what I want. this is my year to reach 135lbs and in good shape.
    This is my year to reach 150.00 an hour
    This is my year to move into another level physically, financially and relationally.
    This is my year.

.......and what am I going to do with all this experience? How will I use it? This is on my mind too.

1/9/2014

Qi Qong session tonight ... took a class. Challenging. Balance, control and stamina ... Interesting discipline and effective. Felt good..... I was very focused.

what impressed me?
    Almost let afternoon fatigue throw me but I warded it off by bringing on how I want to feel all the time. the actions I was about to take were not congruent with that. ... I have several default settings that are still adhered. I sat and thought about the work I do. One of the important steps in helping someone get functional again is releasing adhesion. If a compensation has been going on long enough and the muscle begins to get weak it will form a kind of glue and the fibers will actually get hard, inflexible.. If it is severe the muscle will then adhere itself to the muscle underneath or to the side creating more immobility and pain and compensation weakness.
    It is a painful process to melt these places but yields incredible relief coupled with NMR.
    the mind controls the body so much. I frequently have to tell a client before they get up that they no longer have to compensate. that all muscles are "on" and working as designed. They must consciously make the decision to feel differently and move differently. the old pattern is evident. The new one must be taken on mentally.

Instead of undermining the thing I say I want ...... I am thinking a new way.

I am going to undermine all the behaviors and thinking that i do not want instead.

I am finding ways.

3 meals ...1 shake

Execution today ... 6
    Last edited by MzJules; 01-09-2014 at 09:27 PM.

1/10/2014

Squat With Vertical Dumbbell Pick Up/10lbs.....30 seconds.....50 seconds
    Dumbbell Swing..10lbs....30 seconds........50 seconds
    Squat With Vertical Dumbbell Power Press..10lbs.....30 seconds.......50 seconds ... this is not so easy as it sounds ...what is up with my balance?
    Repeat This 4x For A Total Of 20 Exercises .....3x

Execution ... 5 ...not much juice this morning. Poor performance and focus.

[b]Meals 2 ...and 2MMN shakes ...

What Impressed me Today
    I was able to completely redirect myself away from an old behavior. Interesting the discomfort of saying no to the "child" who wants to act out and doing something opposite. the sense of victory was so great. I am replaying it over and over nailing it into my nervous system.
    Cool Moment
    I did superior work today . I knew it and my clients felt the power. I surprised myself. Very cool moment.

CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000)
    Happy Birthday MzJules! Hope you have a great year and achieve all your goals!

1/15/2014

more hospital for me and Ken. Working through it he is a champ and the doctors have been awesome. They are smart and sincere and very honest. They want to fix the problem as much as I do. Very comforting and I have confidence we will nail this thing. We are off to a specialist Thurs. .... ....It has been time consuming and emotionally draining and I am digging in hard now to stay with my plan as much as possible. Besides, what good will it do for Ken if I let go of staying strong.
    I was thinking about how I looked at the end of the challenge and while I had put on shoulders and Tris and Bi's .... my legs were doing OK.... what I could see of them yet.. .... but my chest was not developing nor my back especially Lats and glute med was not keeping up at all. Still a lot 0of fat to move off before I can really see however. I think I am seeing this much clearer. I am doing this to be healthy again but I do want to look as good as I possibly can. Why? Because it will FEEL great and it will increase my options in life. I will flourish longer in my field. It is a smart thing to do. Its fun.... I remember what it felt like to be very strong and fit.
    I do have reasons for doing this that have to do with fulfilling emotional need but knowing what you need as a person to grow and thrive is key.It is intelligent and leads to making the right choices so you will succeed.

My head is on my desk. I just pounded my fist into it. ..... I AM NEVER GIVING UP!I don't give a crap what it looks like now. I am still on the journey.

You know ... a very well executed eating plan is the ONE THING that if I do well accounts for most of my progress. I have decided that that is where most of my focus will go for awhile.
    Last edited by MzJules; 01-14-2014 at 05:12 PM.

[QUOTE=MzJules;1192241201]6/1/2014

June 1st 2014. I'm doing a sprint to Dec 31st.

My goal for June is to
    1. get my eating plan down solid. I am doing Paleo which is high protein, lower carbs and more fat than I was doing before.
    2. Eating 6x a day. I already know how to do this. 30 days to establish this discipline again.
    3 At the gym by 5:30am
    4. Cardio .... weights
    5.Post workouts, meals everyday
    6. listen to Skip's Morning Connection Podcasts everday

Week 1

Conditioning

1.Cardio .. 20 min
    2,Bodyweight routine
    Push
    Pull
    Press
    Lunge
    Plank

Choosing specific routine exercises tonight. will post tomorrow.

MassMachine Nutrition stack ready to go. I'm using the New Stealth Elevation, the BCAA's Supreme, MM120 Energy and Fat Loss capsules, MM240 Glutamine capsules and of course MassMachine Nutrition whey Protein. Food cooked and packed. shakes in shakers ready to mix.
    This is a good start.

I'm Back!!

Last edited by MzJules; 06-01-2014 at 10:17 PM.

6/2/2014

You are determined to make changes to improve the quality of your life and you are truly committed to figuring what you must do to make those changes. That's a great start. But why is it so important for you to change? Why is it so important for you to change NOW? Working toward your goals and the life that you really want with all of the clear-cut reasons WHY in the forefront of your mind every single day is the "rocket fuel" that will drive you forward. The reasons why will drive you forward with the focus and sense of urgency that you need to finally make those things happen..... Skip

Conditioning

Cardio .... 30 min

Rotational Push Ups..... 50 seconds.......... 10 seconds ...
    Rest 30 seconds and repeat x 2 sets.....

**4 meals ..2 shakes

**execution level .... 7

I made a decision to begin again .... Thought about what I wanted..... Prepared ... Began.
    2. Cool moment .... Pasting my new start all over ******** and BB forum. Way back when, I would have hesitated about doing that. I have more confidence in myself. I have grown a lot in the last 2 years.

Disciplines
    1.Plan my day the night before. Look at it again in the morning when I get up ....
    2.First thing check my dream board and make contact with what I want. Read my financial, relational and physical goals....
    3. 4 meals ... 2 shakes

Is what I am doing right now the highest and best use of my time? Is it going to get me where I want to go?

Mental Toughness Conditioning

Exposing myself to the pain of "why" I want the things I want. How am I using all the resources I have available to me to get there. Am I using them wisely. Am I settling for Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches instead of going for the Thanksgiving Dinner?

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post

YOUR DAILY DOSE Of "MTC" PODCAST
    Why Is It So Important For You To Change NOW? – Morning Connection #179 - More Than Just Muscles

Click here to listen to this podcast.
    Last edited by MzJules; 06-02-2014 at 05:02 PM.

6/2/2014

{b]Just some thoightss[/b]

[b]You are determined to make changes to improve the quality of your life and you are truly committed to figuring what you must do to make those changes. That's a great start.
    But why is it so important for you to change? Why is it so important for you to change NOW?

This question has been rolling around in my head all day. Why is it so important for me to change now?
    I heard the emotion in Skip's voice today during the podcast as he put this question out there to everyone. He spoke about time wasted and "what if" he had understood his own "why's" better earlier.
    I thought about this too.
    I was unhappy in my position as Music Director at a church. I was down right depressed by the politics. But the music. I got a lot of recognition for my gift. It was satisfying my need to be recognized for that. I was going nowhere financially and not growing as a person. Isolated in a legalistic institution. I knew it. I stayed for the Peanut Butter and Jelly . I got really fat there.
    What if I had left just 5 years earlier? What if I had pursued my current profession 5 years earlier. i would be so much better off financially. What if I had begun my fitness journey back then? Where would I be now? what if I had started this whole Mental Toughness Conditioning back then? What if i had faced my attitudes about relationships back then?
    The answer is that I would be in a very different position right now had I moved earlier on all these fronts..
    The point to all this questioning is to confront myself with "Do I want to be asking myself this question 5 years from now? "
    Why not pull out all the stops to achieve my goals now.?

You just reach the point where you have to get very honest with yourself and look straight at all the rationalizations about why you are not "doing" the actions needed to get where you say you want to go. It's because you get caught up in the wrong why"s.
    You get caught up in the "why i cant's" instead of the "why I have to's.
    The last 18 mos I completed 500 hours of training in my field, i worked my way through 3 positions and landed the exact one I wanted. My Mother came down with Dementia which fell in my lap. I have a son with Down's syndrome who developed a serious heart condition, several hospitalizations and still has not resolved. it is a daily challenge along with his other needs. There is another challenge I will not mention here also. I admit I used a lot of this as an excuse not to continue my weightloss goals. I said I could not do it all. but I did it all. All of the above I got through and still am. So why could I not continue my eating plan and going to the gym regularly?

I thought I couldn't do it all then.

Was that really true? And is it true now?

Working on "Why I have to" list tomorrow. the rocket fuel for this part of my journey. I can handle it all. If I just let myself be uncomfortable for awhile. It will get easier. all the rest did. So will this. My life is much bigger now. I want it to be even bigger still

6/2/2014

OMG! I wish I had not stopped working out so bad right now. It's OK .. baby steps ..... baby steps

Conditioning

Cardio ....treadmill ... 30 min

Rotational/Pivot Squats..7lb Kettle Bell...... 50 seconds ......... 10 seconds
    Rotational Push Ups..... 50 seconds.......... 10 seconds ...
    Plank ...... 50 secs ...10 secs

Rest 30 seconds and repeat x 3 sets morning / 2 sets evening.....

**4 meals ..2 shakes ...... created cups with 2 and 3 bites while I sip my BCAA's. I was able to chart client notes and get the food in. Just 15 min between clients. I can do this if "I WANT TO."

**execution level .... 8

I went through a very challenging relational situation and I managed not to personalize it. I was really able to look at what was actually happening rather than give into my anger Everybody struggles.
    2. Cool moment .... Packing up my food again. Psychologically it's a very empowering thing for me to do.

Disciplines
    1.Plan my day the night before. Look at it again in the morning when I get up .... 10
    2.First thing check my dream board and make contact with what I want. Read my financial, relational and physical goals....10
    3. 4 meals ... 2 shakes .... 10
    4. Workouts ...10
    5. Listen to Skip's MTC Podcast ... 10

Is what I am doing right now the highest and best use of my time? Is it going to help me reach my goals. ...Even during sessions I asked myself whether the strategy I was following was the best one.

[b]I have not produced the the results I want YET......
    I can accomplish anything I want if I am willing to do everything it takes, if I am willing to pay the price, exhaust my resources.
    Other people have figured this out, I can too.
    I have the ability. I have the talent.
    I have accomplished many things in my life and I give myself credit for it. they confirm that I can do what i put my mind to.
    I do have the discipline. i do have the focus and I do have the energy.
    I can figure this out.

You Can't Do It Or Just Don't Want To Do What It Takes To Do It? Which Belief Serves You Best? – Morning Connection #180 - More Than Just Muscles

Are you sometimes too quick to convince yourself that you just don't have the ability to achieve a certain goal you've set? Think about it. Even if you're accurate, you still "lose" because you don't get what you want. Wouldn't it be more empowering in the long run to believe that you just aren't willing to do whatever it takes to succeed? During this podcast, Skip La Cour talks about this and more.

6/4/2014

Making an adjustment in exercises that involve my arms. Will work on strengthening, developing Rhomboids, Lats, traps. Weekly NMR sessions to keep hip flexors on, reorganize Lats. Chiro adjustment tomorrow. Adding Qi Gong routine again for stretch flexibility and Cardio effect. Multi Planar exercise routines to get metabolism roaring.

Conditioning... Today

Cardio ....treadmill ... 20 min .... spint 45 secs ... walk 60 secs

Backward Lunge with knee hike..... 50 seconds.......... 10 seconds ...
    Star Jumps......... 50 seconds ....... 10 seconds

Rest 30 seconds and repeat x 2 sets morning / Qi Gong routine ..35 min..eve

**4 meals ..2 shakes ...... Need to eat bigger between 2nd and 3rd client. Shake immediately upon finishing last one or I feel a real energy drop.
    **execution level .... 7 .... underate in the morning and so took a drop in the afternoon. It was hard to pick my energy level back up again. More water and food in the morning.

Walked over some hot coals metaphorically speaking. Hot for me anyway. On the other side was a great personal victory.
    2. Cool moment .... doing my finances. Things are moving along as I planned. Taking longer than I thought, of course, but getting there.

Disciplines
    1.Plan my day the night before. Look at it again in the morning when I get up .... 10
    2.First thing check my dream board and make contact with what I want. Read my financial, relational and physical goals....10
    4. Workouts ...10

Is what I am doing right now the highest and best use of my time? Is it going to help me reach my goals. ...

Am I getting what I really want in life? Am I just working hard and not focusing enough on getting the actual results I want? Am I letting just being a hardworker satisfy the emotions I am after.

Do You Get An "A" For Effort But Sometimes Get Only A "C+" For Productivity? – Morning Connection #181 - More Than Just Muscles

Last edited by MzJules; 06-04-2014 at 10:17 PM.

6/5/2014

[b]/b]

Conditioning... Today

Rest 30 seconds and repeat x 2 sets morning /

Qi Gong routine ..35 min..eve

**4 meals ..2 shakes ...

**execution level .... 7 .... Late start today .. had cut my cardio.

1.What impressed me yesterday? ..... I can't remember yesterday! Ha! so today made some great progress with a difficult client.
    2. Cool moment .... Hanging out with Ken

Disciplines
    2.First thing check my dream board and make contact with what I want. Read my financial, relational and physical goals....5 .. ran by it!
    4. Workouts ...6 ...

Is what I am doing right now the highest and best use of my time? Is it going to help me reach my goals. ...

(The new me keeps running into the old me. ) ...... Do I have the basics down?

It’s Time For A “Reset” With This New You! – Morning Connection #182 - More Than Just Muscles

6/6/2014

Storming the Beach

D Day. I watched some of Private Ryan..... primarily the storming the beach scene. I remember when I first saw it. 10 mins into it I was crying profusely. I couldn't stop. I walked away humbled by the courage and sacrifice I had witnessed. It inspired me. Do or die ... WIN! ..... literally. It changed me .

Ken is coughing. Bringing him off the prednisone. Is the lining of his heart filling with fluid again? Cardiologists want to take the pericardium off his heart if it does not stop. They do not know why this happens. Seriously. I contacted a top Naturopath in Michigan. 2 Skype appts. Pounding him with Glandulars. Beefing him up on all sides. All organic, grass fed food, lots of rest, lots of hugs. .......... What else can I do to stop this from happening? ... Am I using every resource I have to address this?

I do need to allow my thinking to change to get to the level of life I say I want. I want it to change.....
    ... I do a lot of hiding. There are lots of ways to do it. It occurred to me how selfish I am being. It really is a selfish thing to do. ........ I build walls ... fat is just a kind of wall ... the point to get today is that I am being selfish in withholding myself from the world.

D-Day. .... Storming my walls .... fighting for a heart........ What a metaphor. ...

Conditioning... Today

**4 meals ..2 shakes ...

**execution level .... 8 ....

1.What impressed me yesterday? ..... This week felt like running through waste deep mud. I took stock of myself yesterday and gave myself cudos for executing everyday and EATING!
    2. Cool moment .... it was Fri. I sat in my car after work and felt grateful that I had made it through 18 clients and workouts everyday. Not bad for an old girl. ..... ..I am resting this weekend fo sho!!!

Disciplines
    2.First thing check my dream board and make contact with what I want. Read my financial, relational and physical goals....0 .. .... ooops!
    4. Workouts ...10 ...

Mental Toughness Conditioning ...

Be Open To UPGRADING Your Current Way of Thinking - Morning Connection #183 - More Than Just Muscles

You probably don't need to be reminded that it takes a certain level of certainty and confidence in what you are doing before you can even get yourself take action of a consistent basis. Oftentimes, it takes so much time, energy and effort to develop enough of that certainty and confidence that we want to hang onto it for dear life once we finally have it. During this podcast, Skip La Cour reminds you that it will usually take a different way of thinking to some degree to get yourself to that "next level" no matter how great your plan has worked to get you where you are now. We shouldn't resist this change. We should welcome it. In fact, we should expect to UPGRADE our thoughts and actions every chance we get.

[QUOTE=MzJules;1254288941]6/9/2014

Originally Posted by MzJules View Post
    6/6/2014

I'd have to say that I do not spend too much time doing anything that isn't taking me where I want to go. I don't have time and I don't want to waste any energy at this stage of my life. I can certainly do better however. I am still figuring some things out. letting go of old thinking can feel weird.

Taking this one thing this month and I am going to CHANGE IT!! It's bloody time.

Conditioning... Today

**4 meals ..2 shakes ...

1.What impressed me today? ..... Controlled the frame in my sessions really well..... working with the nervous system and old trauma can be unsettling for some. You have to be able to hold space for them. Like a kid who needs to feel the boundaries are there.
    2. Cool moment .... good connection with colleague. She helped me strategize around some clients.

Disciplines
    3. 4 meals ... 2 shakes .... 5 ... I ate but meals were not as planned.
    4. Workouts ...10 ...

[QUOTE=skiplacour;1254911171]

What If You Were To Spend More of Your Time and Energy In Your "Genius Zone"? - Morning Connection #185 - More Than Just Muscles

Do you spend a lot of time doing things that you don't like doing and are not that great at doing? Do you spend so much time doing these things because you believe you simply "have to"? Is that necessarily true? What if you were spend more of your valuable time doing the things that you love, have invested a significant amount of time and energy improving your skill level, and you are now pretty darn good at doing? How would that affect the overall quality of your life? How much more productive would you be? During this podcast, Skip La Cour talks about this and much more.

Originally Posted by MzJules View Post
    6/10/2014

Great bodywork done on me today. I get stuck in extension, very tight sacrum ... which turns off my Lats. Weakens my hip flexors. I can feel it when I'm imbalanced.
    I have begun to read about the fear of Intimacy. It can manifest in a multitude of behaviors. Skip talked today about how we are always moving toward that which we value and focus on. Even if we don't realize it. We may say we want one thing but actually place more value on it's opposite.
    Where are my values and hwo do they play into my fear of intimacy.

I think I let the ideas about what I want and "someday" to be enough while valueing something altogether different. My actions are not lining up with what I say I want.

Sheesh, I could work on just this one lesson for months!

Conditioning... Today

**4 meals ..2 shakes ...

1.What impressed me today? ..... My follow through ... in the midst of the storm
    2. Cool moment .... Session with Jocelyn .. my mentor ... great time!

Disciplines
    2.First thing check my dream board and make contact with what I want. Read my financial, relational and physical goals....0 .. .... ooops!
    4. Workouts ... 2 ... My body was aching so bad this morning, workout was pretty weak. It threw me mentally too for several hours. 2 bodywork sessions a week for me for awhile. I have not been staying on top of that.

You're Always Moving Toward What You Value Most In Life (Even When You Don't Realize It) – Morning Connection #186 - More Than Just Muscles

Do you have goals that you swear you're committed to achieving--but you just can't seem to make enough progress toward making them happen? You're hardworking, intelligent, focused, take consistent action, and are even accomplished in other areas of your life--but you're also frustrated because these particular goals always stay out of your reach? During this podcast, Skip La Cour talks about how you are more than likely moving toward EXACTLY what you value most in life. The challenge is what you value most isn't what you've been telling yourself.

///
    Last edited by MzJules; 06-10-2014 at 10:00 PM.

6/11/2014

Conditioning... Today

... feeling better doing this .. building up some stamina to hold positions stronger....... I'm tired from work. My body does not want to move or is it me? Ha!.

**4 meals ..2 shakes ...

**execution level .... 6 .... not feeling good

1.What impressed me today? ..... learned a new protocol this week. Got some great results today Pain in my own body is about 25% after bodywork yesterday. to be continued.
    2. Cool moment .... Seeing Ken after work. Such a honey bear. "Welcome home Mommy!"

Disciplines
    2.First thing check my dream board and make contact with what I want. Read my financial, relational and physical goals....10 .. .... will I ever reach those glutes and legs again?
    4. Workouts ...10 ...

Mental Toughness Conditioning ...[/QUOTE]

today Skip talked about stretching yourself. Doing things that are way out of your comfort zone. I have been consistently taking those steps at work.

Now, I am going to confront my issue with intimacy. I have started the research and have found some very interesting ideas that resonate with me. I may have found someone to coach me in this arena. He first wants you to read a few of his books to understand his approach. I have begun...... I am never going to uncover fully until I address this issue. I see that . I know it is an integral part of my whole fitness journey. My transformation. If I do not deal with this i will never get all this weight off. I am going to document this part of my journey fully. I may have to start blogging.

6/16/2014

Back in the hospital with Ken. ... I'm scared .... and nothing else seems to matter much right now...... I am hanging onto everything I have learned here and using it all to fight and win..... focusing all my resources and aiming at the bullseye.... I will figure this out.

Addendum ... I was thinking tonight about how people have done great things in their lives in the midst of great tragedy. Written great books, discovered new medicines, ran countries,. .. they found a way.
    I thought , "what if you were a movie star and had a contract to finish a very big movie and your parent was dieing. Didn't Arnold miss his Father's death because of a Big show? I think of Margaret Thatcher. her kids and husband had issues about her being gone all the time. She was driven. She made a choice. There are a lot of examples of this. .... I am just thinking about what is important to me..................... I would not want to live with out Ken in my life.
    My maternal instincts are on high alert. All my focus and resources are fixed. ... Disciplines in place to stay confident.
    Last edited by MzJules; 06-17-2014 at 08:22 AM.

6/17/2014

Wow ...

What Are All Of The Benefits You Enjoying Right Now By NOT Changing? - Morning Connection #192 - More Than Just Muscles

Do you have goals or things that you want to experience in life but you just can't seem to do what it takes to finally make them happen? What you may not fully realize is that you are currently enjoying benefits by NOT changing that are competing with the benefits that you think you'll enjoy by changing. Instead of this conflict going on without you even realizing it, Skip La Cour brings it out into the open during this podcast by having you list all of the benefits you are getting by NOT changing.

Last edited by MzJules; 06-17-2014 at 02:56 PM.

6/21/2014

Conditioning... Today

Rest 30 seconds and repeat x 2 sets

Qi Gong routine ..20 min..

**4 meals ..2 shakes ...

**execution level .... 8.... .... I am changing my focus from what my body looks like to what my body can do....... There is a lot of anxiety attached to the first......
    This new perspective changed my approach to my workout today and my eating....

1.What impressed me today? ..... I am in fight or flight, I am aware of it. I was able to hone in and discharge a lot of it.
    2. Cool moment .... Thinking about this last week. I said NO..... and then proceeded to convince others to partner with my decision. A reprieve. another chance to work to subdue the advancing Lion without blood.

Disciplines
    1.My day is planned .... 10
    2.I know what I want and what I have to do to get it I visit it today on my dream board and on paper. ... 10
    4. Workouts ...10 ...

Over another hump with Ken. Dueling with Cardiologists. Great guys and I appreciate them allowing me to create strategy with them. ... Perhaps it was the MaMa Grizzly standing behind me? Ha! ...Western medicine .... will save your life .... and make you worse. You really have to educate yourself and lead.

A very powerful week of podcasts from Skip. I am chalenged by them. The one about checking what benefits you may be receiving by staying the same resonated big time.

"What an abyss of uncertainty, whenever the mind feels overtaken by itself, when it, the seeker, is at the same time the dark region through which it must go seeking" ........ Proust
    We do need coaching, guidance, accountability, someone to call you on your bull****, to help you see another possibility. We can't always see everything. perspective is so important.

Practicing compassion ... toward myself. Figuring out my control dramas. ......

observing my reactions rather than just being reactive. ..... Being an observer for a change.

what does all this have to do with my fitness journey? ... Everything actually.

I will uncover.
    Last edited by MzJules; 06-21-2014 at 08:34 PM.

6/29/2014

down ... 9lbs

Rest 30 seconds and repeat x 2 sets .... changing routine this week

Qi Gong routine ..20 min..
    ... this has been good but switching to Yoga. Opening up front line which is weak. Midline and lateral line full of disorganization. My balance is not good. I can't even stand on my toes or on the heels of my feet without tipping. Using the outside of my feet. Arches are weak thus midline out of balance.

FOCUSING ON WHAT MY BODY CAN DO.

**4 meals ..2 shakes ...

**execution level .... 8.... .... lowered carbs and added a lot more fat.... more energy. 3rd day my body dropped a bunch of water. Satisfying..... made a peanut butter omelette! I really did. Organic peanut Butter, non-GMO. no sugar.. just peanuts and fat. ha! Delicious. but you can't use too much. tastes better than cheese!

1.What impressed me this week ..... recognized and stopped a whole control drama I had slipped into.
    2. Cool moment .... I'm gonna be ok. I'm gonna become whole.................... and fit.

Disciplines
    1.My day is planned .... 10
    2.I know what I want and what I have to do to get it I visit it today on my dream board and on paper. ... 10
    4. Workouts ...0 missed a couple ... dropped carbs way down for several days. had carbohydrate "flu".... like drug withdrawal....

This segment of podcasts is over. I am still listening to my favorites. ... The last 2 years of following skip's ideas and perspectives on life has been psychological preparation for this phase of my journey I believe. .... I am tougher than I was. .... I have been impacted on many levels but I think the biggest discovery was my fear of intimacy. I never understood that at all before now. And when Skip spoke about it I didn't think it had anything to do with me. .... I was very wrong and the Rabbit Hole has gotten very deep.

I always thought Food and being FAT was the problem....... They are not. they are symptoms.
    I always knew that I used food to scratch a very deep emotional need and that the wall of fat I created was my way of keeping people away. Insulation.

The real truth is that what I am addicted to are the feelings and emotions my whole Control Drama creates for me. I am addicted to the drama ... biologically the food ... but the real hook is the drama. Still figuring out the particulars but from what I see so far my dramas assure me that I can stay where I am...... this is hard for me to say but I have indulged in, over and over, the environment of shame, criticism, disapproval, reproach. I have indulged in my behavior and then swam in the negative emotions I grew up with.... I admit that I created a great victory for myself physically and then slowly re entered the black hole I swore I had left behind. .... ... I have suffered over this for awhile now but at this moment I see that I had to get to this place in order to see the real problem. .....

I am not lazy. I am not undisciplined........ I can will myself through long periods of abstinence and I have in my life..... but there is a difference between abstinence and true sobriety. .....

to me sobriety is being free from this internal compulsion that drives me. Being free to live according to the principles I say I believe in. it is not constraint but liberation. to be able to feel real joy and connection without the help of any external support. .... It is my true nature to be free. To know the real needs I thought food and my dramas supplied. .... My real needs are connection, attunement, to be part of a community, to feel real joy, to give love .... to completely be myself. .... To lead myself.

To allow myself to be loved.

7/6/2014

I have learned so much from Skip over the last 2 years ... I could never name all the ways I have grown. I suspect there are seeds of growth still in the ground that have not come up yet as a result of following him.

When I first began I was fat and desperate to change it and get into shape. But I never really examined my motives or the the real "need" behind it. Well ... there were the obvious ones, look better, feel better, health, all this I spoke of but it was not what was really driving me. ....... It has taken me this long to get down to the root of the pain I have been in for so long. Skip spoke about this many times, made references to his own journey with pain. I thought I understood but I really did not.

He helped me get into some of it in our coaching sessions but I was not yet ready to look at it then. He could not have told me I had intimacy issues or that there was a huge hole in my life I was trying to fill with food. I mean I could intellectually say that to you because well, that must be why I am fat right? I did not really get it. Nor would I have understood how the swing into extreme control of food and hard exercise was yet another behavior to detach from what i was really feeling. I actually thought it would somehow change everything for me. It didn't. "I" was still here. Smaller maybe but it was still me.

The challenge is still there. I have not dealt with the drivers behind my addiction and it is about much more than food.

My point is that I now have the courage to step into that place and deal with it. I see it. Because of what I have been taught by Skip I am not defeated by the next set of challenges I face. For this I am very grateful.

Coaching ....... I get it ......
    it's like getting ready for a trip and you buy all the right clothes and supplements and AAA but you don;t know how to drive the car or read a map. You have to read the driving instructions and you end up in a ditch in the wrong state. How many people enter the gym like that? Many. How many lead their lives like that?

There is nothing like the help of professional expertise. You will hit your bullseye that way.

I found a Coach who deals specifically with eating disorders and metabolic damage. He is one of the best. I am making the investment in myself. I learned that too from skip.

I am going to get well.... I will be fit and healthy but most of all I will be whole. i will do it for the right reasons.

I'm going to have a good workout tomorrow. I will focus only on what my body can do. I will stay in the moment and enjoy it.