AnimatedLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnimatedLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Drinking a gallon of milk a day...

Weight: 135 lbs.
    Height: 5'9"
    Sex: Male
    Goals: Gain Mass/Strength, Cardiovascular Health
    Side-Note: I'm a late-bloomer so I'm still growing and I have a fast metabolism.
    I also work at a busy grocery store where I'm running around and pushing carts 24/7.

I've been doing Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength for about 2 weeks now and have had great results so far. The only problem is that I'm not gaining any weight. I've been eating around 3000+ calories a day and have stayed at 135 lbs. for months. I drank a little more than half a gallon of whole milk a day with the rest of my diet and it hadn't been making a difference. So just recently I decided to kick it up a notch and drink a gallon of whole milk a day. I have a pretty balanced diet otherwise with a lot of variety. My diet is as follows (WITH the gallon of milk included now).

Breakfast:
    1/2 cup oats
    1 cup of blueberries
    1 banana
    4 cups of milk

Lunch:
    1 chicken breast
    1 cup of cooked quinoa
    1.75 cups of sweet whole kernel corn
    3 cups of milk

Mid-Afternoon Snack:
    1 apple
    1 tbsp. natural peanut butter
    1/4 cup of almonds
    3 cups of milk

Dinner:
    1 chicken breast
    1 cup sweet potato
    1 cup of broccoli
    3 cups of milk

Evening Snack:
    1/3 cup blueberries/raspberries/blackberries (1 cup total)
    1 apple
    3 cups of whole milk

So I was wondering if the amount of milk I was drinking was excessive or if it is okay in my situation. Let me know what you think.

x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I bulk too on chicken and rice - notsrs.

Dude your diet plan looks extremely boring and why so many meals? Unless you prefer to eat so many times a day.

AnimatedLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnimatedLegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by x2lvlarcher View Post
    I bulk too on chicken and rice - notsrs.

Dude your diet plan looks extremely boring and why so many meals? Unless you prefer to eat so many times a day.
    I eat the same stuff every day because it makes my life simpler. It may get boring at times, but its much easier for me to do this than to track every single thing I eat during the day to make sure I hit my macros/calorie needs. I eat 5 meals a day because when I tried to condense my calorie/macro needs into 3 meals, it was WAYYY too much food to eat. I was never able to finish the meals and was on the verge of throwing up after each one. I prefer eating 5 somewhat heavy meals a day to 3 meals a day that make me sick.

x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) x2lvlarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AnimatedLegend View Post
    I eat the same stuff every day because it makes my life simpler. It may get boring at times, but its much easier for me to do this than to track every single thing I eat during the day to make sure I hit my macros/calorie needs. I eat 5 meals a day because when I tried to condense my calorie/macro needs into 3 meals, it was WAYYY too much food to eat. I was never able to finish the meals and was on the verge of throwing up after each one. I prefer eating 5 somewhat heavy meals a day to 3 meals a day that make me sick.
    5 somewhat heavy meals versus 3 heavier meals that make you sick. I would stick with the way you are doing it now then. Hell if you wanted you could even make it 7 to 9 smaller meals to try and prevent from getting sick. All I was saying is meal frequency is broscience unless you benefit from eating that many times a day through PERSONAL reasons. Very simple diet is very simple indeed. I would grow tired of it but hell if you enjoy doing it then go for it. Meet your macro/micro needs and you are set.