Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Reasons why men would request a female trainer

Can anyone think of any legitimate reasons other than he's just a perv?
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For a trainer with a caring, nurturing touch.

5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000) 5more is just really nice. (+1000)
    Maybe intimidation. Perhaps there's a misconception that a female trainer would be easier then a male trainer. If the client is a newbie or obese and afraid to be pushed too hard the female trainer would seem appealing.
    Misconception of course.

Registered User Contract Killer's Avatar
    Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000)
    I came in here expecting a gay list of why men SHOULD hire female trainers.

I can now breathe again.

Ya man, Perv is the only conclusion I've reached.

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 5more View Post
    Maybe intimidation. Perhaps there's a misconception that a female trainer would be easier then a male trainer. If the client is a newbie or obese and afraid to be pushed too hard the female trainer would seem appealing.
    Misconception of course.
    Big misconception but yeah, I can see how that would be a reason. But I think most men do it for the hornball factor.

One thing I have noticed though is that the if she does happen to be very easy, the man will still train w/her if she's relatively good-looking. LOL, men crack me up sometimes.

Jorate is just really nice. (+1000) Jorate is just really nice. (+1000) Jorate is just really nice. (+1000) Jorate is just really nice. (+1000) Jorate is just really nice. (+1000) Jorate is just really nice. (+1000) Jorate is just really nice. (+1000) Jorate is just really nice. (+1000) Jorate is just really nice. (+1000) Jorate is just really nice. (+1000) Jorate is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would never want a female personal trainer. No offense to them being a women and all but lettuce beef real tea... I will not be able to get 100% of my focus to my training if I had a female personal trainer (especially if she was very attractive).
    Veni, Vidi, Vici

It's Consistency. It's like building a house. Everyday I am putting a brick on my wall.

An aspiring body sculpter. Who is in pursuit of perfect aesthetics.

Originally Posted by Jorate View Post
    I would never want a female personal trainer. No offense to them being a women and all but lettuce beef real tea... I will not be able to get 100% of my focus to my training if I had a female personal trainer (especially if she was very attractive).
    Well, I see your point but at the same time you're a young male that wouldn't have or be willing to dish out the money to get a trainer anyway so it kinda makes sense that you feel that way.

King of Stretch Marks rubik_3x3x3's Avatar
    rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000) rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000) rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000) rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000) rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000) rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000) rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000) rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000) rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000) rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000) rubik_3x3x3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jorate View Post
    I can see that point of view, but I feel like if I were doing it just for the sake of having a hot trainer, there would be the desire to impress her, ya? Seems like that could be a form of motivation. That said, I'm not the kinda guy who would do that, so it's hard to be in that mindset for sure.
    9.54 second Rubik's Cube single solve. ~15 second average. Reppin' back any Cube brahs.

Registered User californiagrown's Avatar
    californiagrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) californiagrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) californiagrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) californiagrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) californiagrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) californiagrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) californiagrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) californiagrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) californiagrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) californiagrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) californiagrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i would love to have a sexy female trainer. I tend to workout harder, and enjoy it more when a good looking female is nearby. Also, flirting with a sexy girl, even if i know its going nowhere, gets my energy levels up and my inner bro comes out more...which would help me lift more.

Call it shallow, and call it horniness but i would rather have a female trainer.

when a (lets be real) stranger tries to buddy up to me, and force me to do things i dont really want to do and that are painful, i dont enjoy it.

Different strokes for different folks though.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Perhaps he'd ask for the female trainer after having met the male trainers and decided she's the best.

DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    like kyle said maybe the girl is the best or maybe he just doesnt like you. you say perv i say what if hes gay. maybe he doesn't like your style.

I am really getting tired of reading threads about all these personal trainers being just flat out fukking resentful of a client not signing with them and so they look for a million different reasons to hate on them "oh they're pervs" "oh they're lazy" "oh they're cheap"

get the fuk over it, quit trying to get inside someone elses head. live your life, offer a superior product and service and the results will speak for themselves.

hell, maybe they want to see what it's like to work with a female trainer instead of a male.
    Tie your shoes = ready for anything

Too Tough To Die

bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There is always the stereotype that female trainers are only interested in weightloss and "toning" while male trainers are bodybuilders who shout at you.

Again strong misconception. Only way to truely find out who is the best trainer for you is to have a few sessions with them.

For the female PTs out there: Is it common for male clients to actually request a female PT?

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    Perhaps he'd ask for the female trainer after having met the male trainers and decided she's the best.
    I'm not talking about a specific instance in which a specific new client was asking for a specific girl trainer. I'm talking about someone asking for any female just based on the fact that she's female. This is not about a specific instance. I work in a co-op style studio, we are not set up that way.

Originally Posted by DaBurg3r View Post
    like kyle said maybe the girl is the best or maybe he just doesnt like you. you say perv i say what if hes gay. maybe he doesn't like your style.

I am really getting tired of reading threads about all these personal trainers being just flat out fukking resentful of a client not signing with them and so they look for a million different reasons to hate on them "oh they're pervs" "oh they're lazy" "oh they're cheap"
    get the fuk over it, quit trying to get inside someone elses head. live your life, offer a superior product and service and the results will speak for themselves
    maybe who doesn't like me? Read above bro...

You're really getting tired of threads like this? Well this is a discussion forum. If anything this question was stemmed from my experiences as a fitness manager a while back. Let's say YOU are a fitness manager and you have a qualified new male trainer and you need to help him get started with a good solid base of clients from the intro packs that the new members buy. Let's say the sales team is getting weak and hasn't been selling much and when they finally do, the new member asks for a female and all your female trainers are already pretty squared away with clients while you're struggling to get the new guy going. And when when you ask the new member what his goals are and how he'd think any random female who he knows nothing about would be better at getting him towards those goals over a specific male that I might have in mind, he can't come up w/a real answer. Other than, "Oh well, idk... I just think a girl would be better." If this were the case many times over, wouldn't you think it would be a worthy subject to bring up for discussion on a discussion board?

LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    no idea, prob because they want an easy workout.

nah, could be a million reasons, only way to find out is ask the person. If they dont have a valid reason then its basically just because they wanna see a female

jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffsmith2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think asking for a female trainer in particular seems kind of skeezy. I don't see any differences in motivational techniques between male/female. The only reason other than being a horndog would be that the male client is intimidated greatly by male trainers.

areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ha! This thread is EXACTLY why I no longer train men!

Not really. But coming from a female trainer, I tend to have my guard up if a relatively young and "in shape" man wants to train with me. If he is older, married, never worked out a day in his life I will consider.

For instance, I had an assessment with a guy about two months ago. He came in with cologne on, hair all gel-ed up, muscle shirt on so you could clearly see he was in shape. When he saw my engagement ring, his peppy smile went away--and then I never heard from him again!

I do think it is a case by case. Not every man who hires a female is looking for eye candy or the possibility of scoring a new girlfriend...or just flat out scoring.

Registered User tyronebiggums69's Avatar
    tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000) tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000) tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000) tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000) tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000) tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000) tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000) tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000) tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000) tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000) tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by areese1803 View Post
    Ha! This thread is EXACTLY why I no longer train men!

Not really. But coming from a female trainer, I tend to have my guard up if a relatively young and "in shape" man wants to train with me. If he is older, married, never worked out a day in his life I will consider.

For instance, I had an assessment with a guy about two months ago. He came in with cologne on, hair all gel-ed up, muscle shirt on so you could clearly see he was in shape. When he saw my engagement ring, his peppy smile went away--and then I never heard from him again!

I do think it is a case by case. Not every man who hires a female is looking for eye candy or the possibility of scoring a new girlfriend...or just flat out scoring.
    Such a misconception. If I was looking for a personal trainer at a specific place, I am going to look for the trainer with the best track record. Female or male, it doesn't matter. Hell there are IFBB pros with female trainers.

Although the whole hair gelled and what not coming to you sounds extremely creepy. Good for a laugh though when you go to the gym and see people with makeup or hair done.
    Cavaliers/Patriots/Leafs

Tears will give you sympathy, sweat will give you results.

areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areese1803 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tyronebiggums69 View Post
    Such a misconception. If I was looking for a personal trainer at a specific place, I am going to look for the trainer with the best track record. Female or male, it doesn't matter. Hell there are IFBB pros with female trainers.

Although the whole hair gelled and what not coming to you sounds extremely creepy. Good for a laugh though when you go to the gym and see people with makeup or hair done.
    You do want the trainer with the best track record. But on the same token, if you are benching 300+ lbs, I am not going to be able to spot you or pick the bar off your chest when your muscles fatigue!

Originally Posted by LiftHeavy85 View Post
    no idea, prob because they want an easy workout.

nah, could be a million reasons, only way to find out is ask the person. If they dont have a valid reason then its basically just because they wanna see a female
    I can assure you a female trainer does not equal an easy workout

tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000) tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000) tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000) tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000) tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000) tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000) tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000) tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000) tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000) tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000) tyronebiggums69 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by areese1803 View Post
    You do want the trainer with the best track record. But on the same token, if you are benching 300+ lbs, I am not going to be able to spot you or pick the bar off your chest when your muscles fatigue!
    Actually I have found girls to be the best spotters when I am benching heavy. More alert watching the bar in my opinion. Plus a girl wouldn't have any troubles spotting a guy benching 300. It is not like she will be pulling 300 lbs of weight off of me. She would probably only need to handle 50lbs of the weight to help me get it up.
    Cavaliers/Patriots/Leafs

I agree.. if you want the trainer that you feel will get you to your goals the best and that's a woman, by all means go for it.. Hell, my first Olympic Lifting coach was a woman. I'm all for picking the most qualified trainer.

But what I'm talking about is a man having a requirement that he wants a woman over a man.. I'm trying to figure out what all possible motivations besides just having eye candy would be.

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Actually I have found girls to be the best spotters when I am benching heavy. More alert watching the bar in my opinion. Plus a girl wouldn't have any troubles spotting a guy benching 300. It is not like she will be pulling 300 lbs of weight off of me. She would probably only need to handle 50lbs of the weight to help me get it up.
    Not even 50lbs, trust me. The spotter does nearly NO work. Also, you could easily just set up in a power rack and have the safety pins set as back up.

There is no reason a girl should not be able to spot a guy.
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    I agree.. if you want the trainer that you feel will get you to your goals the best and that's a woman, by all means go for it.. Hell, my first Olympic Lifting coach was a woman. I'm all for picking the most qualified trainer.

But what I'm talking about is a man having a requirement that he wants a woman over a man.. I'm trying to figure out what all possible motivations besides just having eye candy would be.
    Well in that way there is no reason to prefer a girl over a guy specifically just for gender. Makes no sense.

Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    Exactly.
    Cavaliers/Patriots/Leafs

Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post

this... a good spot is determined by how well the spotter knows the spottees limits and can recognize exactly how much help is needed and when, not by how strong and/or big they are... A spotter's role isn't to lift the entire weight up.

Well in that way there is no reason to prefer a girl over a guy specifically just for gender. Makes no sense.
    exactly..

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A female trainer who cannot adeptly train a male client (fit or not) is just as bad as the male trainer who has no clue what to do with women.

Just my nonpersonaltrainerbutenjoylurkingthisforum $.02.

Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post
    A female trainer who cannot adeptly train a male client (fit or not) is just as bad as the male trainer who has no clue what to do with women.

Just my nonpersonaltrainerbutenjoylurkingthisforum $.02.
    I'm not disputing that at all. This is not about wether or not a female is qualified to train a male. As I stated, I hired a female trainer because she was the best at what I wanted to achieve. This is about men requesting a female in general, not a specific female that he thinks is good.

oh btw, ELBOWS UP AND LOOSEN THAT GRIP!

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not disputing that at all. This is not about wether or not a female is qualified to train a male. As I stated, I hired a female trainer because she was the best at what I wanted to achieve. This is about men requesting a female in general, not a specific female that he thinks is good.

oh btw, ELBOWS UP AND LOOSEN THAT GRIP!
    Oh sorry, I wasn't disagreeing with the original post, but rather the above posts, should've quoted them to make it more clear.

As for why a male would want a female trainer. Perhaps it's a self-confidence thing. Would feel better next to a buff female as opposed to a buff guy.

EDIT: And I WILL. Doing power cleans tomorrow

Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It could be intimidation. A lot of guys see women as more caring and sensitive.
    I Rep Highland Games Competitors

Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post

EDIT: And I WILL. Doing power cleans tomorrow
    I'll be watching!

Originally Posted by Kelvandros View Post
    It could be intimidation. A lot of guys see women as more caring and sensitive.
    ok, that's definitely a possibility. See this is what I was looking for..

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

My first (and only) Olympic coach was a woman. Never even occurred to me that it mattered so long as she could clean up my form.

Anyway, my only input is that *IF* I had to do donkey calf raises, I would rather look like this:

Than this:

... Just sayin'

GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius