babaloop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool 4 month progress, need advice

I am 37 years old and just recently started getting serious about getting in shape. I have posted my pictures hoping to get some feedback from you guys and hope that you can steer me in the right direction. I really need help in the mid section so any pointers there would help. I workout 5 days a week currently doing 3 days a week cardio (30 min.) I eat healthy and take supplements (a nutritionalist set that all up for me. I am looking forward to your comments.

Thanks for your time!
    Attached Images

side shot

side shot
    Attached Images

biceps

biceps
    Attached Images

ProPeptide has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you seem to have improved quite a bit since your last picture taken in febuary, well done on that point. If you want to rip up the mid section it is simply done through diet, cardio and training. I say stick to your same lifting routine, maybe add a few more sets. Try bumping up the cardio, but in my personal oppinion, the key is the nutrition. Best time to do cardio, is on an empty stomach in the morning. If that is not convenient for you, as you obviously look like a guy who works, i say do cardio, at night after your last meal. Try bumping up the cardio intensity weekly. Nutrition is by far the most important, stick to 5-6 small meals a day, 5 days low carbs, and normal carbs for 2 days. Keep protein high and fats medium to low. Dont go straight into high intensity cardio, and a low carb diet, give yourself 2 weeks to gradually adapt to these change in conditions, or you will lose muscle.

Peace out

Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looking great, you defntly know what you are doing, keep it up!
    Moderator @ www.gorillabarbell.net/forums/

jc587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jc587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jc587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jc587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jc587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jc587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jc587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jc587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jc587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jc587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jc587 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by ProPeptide
    Best time to do cardio, is on an empty stomach in the morning.
    This is highly catabolic and i do not recomend this. The only thing you will be losing is muscle..and lots of it. Go to the nutrition forum and read a sticky called "morning cardio."

katma201 is not very helpful. (-500) katma201 is not very helpful. (-500) katma201 is not very helpful. (-500) katma201 is not very helpful. (-500) katma201 is not very helpful. (-500) katma201 is not very helpful. (-500) katma201 is not very helpful. (-500) katma201 is not very helpful. (-500) katma201 is not very helpful. (-500) katma201 is not very helpful. (-500) katma201 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I agree with jc587. I used to be hellbent on working out in an empty stomach because I thought I could burn fat faster. But really all I was doing was burning muscle. If you can get past the mental state of working out an hour after eating, you will get much more benefit. The goal is to keep your total calories at the end of the day lower than your maintenance total. As long as you accomplish this, you will lose the fat.

Mike64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Great improvement! Keep doing what you're doing...it's definitely working!
    "bodily training is beneficial for a little;but godly devotion is beneficial for all things..."1Timothy4:8
    "you are what you eat;from your head down to your feet" (some 70s nutrition cartoon) :)

u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Damn, nice work so far. Obviously what youre doing is working so you have a strong base as far as you know what to do. What supps are you taking and what kinda diet are you on? And once you get into fairly good cardio shape you should try HIIT. If you wanna lose fat in your midsection it can only be done through diet. No amount of crunches will give you ripped abs. Remember to eat about 5 healthy meals a day and breakfast is very important! Someone mentioned KETO, you might wanna check that out if you havent already but you seem to be doing fine. Keep up the solid work!
    "Like those in the valley behind us, most people stand in sight of the spiritual mountains all their lives and never enter them, being content to listen to others who have been there and thus avoid the hardships."

barrelchest is a complete loser! (-2000) barrelchest is a complete loser! (-2000) barrelchest is a complete loser! (-2000) barrelchest is a complete loser! (-2000) barrelchest is a complete loser! (-2000) barrelchest is a complete loser! (-2000) barrelchest is a complete loser! (-2000) barrelchest is a complete loser! (-2000) barrelchest is a complete loser! (-2000) barrelchest is a complete loser! (-2000) barrelchest is a complete loser! (-2000)
    very very nice......

your chest and arm development is better than alot of guys who have been working out 3x longer than you.

Thanks alot for all of your comments. I really appreciate it. u5711, to answer your question, I take multi-vitamins, amino acids, EFA, L-glutamine, and ZMA. I have been experimenting with Sann's V-12 too. My diet consists of the following...and this varies slightly every day.

Meal 1: 6 egg whites, shredded wheat cereal
    Meal 2: Protein Bar and an orange
    Meal 3: Met-Rx shake (with water), 1/2 cup of brown rice
    Meal 4: fish or chicken, brown rice or sweet potato
    Meal 5: Protein shake and half bananna.

I do the HIIT method once every 2 weeks. I just got turned on to it. I will try to bump that up to at leat 2 times per week. I had no idea that it was so effective
    Last edited by babaloop; 06-13-2003 at 02:59 AM.

oka555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oka555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oka555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oka555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oka555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oka555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oka555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oka555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oka555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oka555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oka555 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Looks good, your muscularity is definately showing more. Whats your daily caloric intake and macronutrient ratio? That midsection is usually last to go so just keep it up.