Page 96 of 272 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 196 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 8142
    pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Last night...

Today...

Miss you guys!
    My Journal
    Sometimes there's lifting talk. Sometimes notsomuch.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135168601

*Sponsored* ProMera CapsiBlast=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153005161

*Sponsored* ProMera Con-Cret=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

Benched 185x2 and isn't afraid to tell you ALL about it:)

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think Quest Nutrition is there, get some free Quest bars P!!!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    I think Quest Nutrition is there, get some free Quest bars P!!!
    I think we missed them!! But got some fun other stuff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went straight from the expo to the gym! I talked to one of the fellow early morning-ers (haven't really introduced myself to him) that was there and felt better after he said "You're one of the 1%ers! You're doing great!".

A few things I realized being amongst a bunch of muscle-y people in Columbus::

I am pale.
    I have no muscle.
    I need new bewbs.
    I'm fat.
    I don't wear enough make-up.
    I do not want to take steriods. Ever.

Lol! I got out of the shower Saturday morning (expo day) after the bbing/figure/fitness comp Friday night and hollered to Kim "I'm NOT GOING! I'M FAT AND I HAVE NO MUSCLE!! Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiineeeeeeeeeeeeee".

So, yeah. Felt all small and stuff but didn't let that stand in the way of a good time! I am freaking exhausted, I'll tell you that much. KimP is even more awesome in person! Hard to believe, right? But totally true. We have The Plan (for P's bod) and I'm committed to it 100%. It's going to be AWESOME!

Did I mention I'm exhausted?
    Last edited by pharty; 03-04-2012 at 05:51 PM.
    My Journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^LOL, don't sweat it, you're doing fine, P. Glad you had a great time! Srs question - what were most people wearing at da expo? It was probably 30 degrees outside like up here but I wondered if everyone who actually lifts went in the expo and like busted out their skimpiest tank and walked around flexing.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

^^^LOL, don't sweat it, you're doing fine, P. Glad you had a great time! Srs question - what were most people wearing at da expo? It was probably 30 degrees outside like up here but I wondered if everyone who actually lifts went in the expo and like busted out their skimpiest tank and walked around flexing.
    It really really varied! There were the muscle-y chicks in their strapless dresses and boots and LOADS of tan and make-up just wandering around. There were dudes in tank tops and LOTS of Tap Out shirts (lulz). There were lots of fat people, too. I'd say the majority of the fit people were like us...jeans and a t-shirt Not flexing, unfortunately. Well, I tried to keep flexing my abz but I got tired.

Me and KP at the figure/bbing/fitness comp
    (my face looks weird)

And us with Jamie Eason...she is a tiny little thing and I look FAT (baggy shirt plus bloat=BAD!)! Eep!
    My Journal

Picking up the pieces newbeginning828's Avatar
    newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sounds (and looks) like you guys had an amazing time!!

Oooooo oooo oooo what's P's body plan!??
    "The minute you lose confidence in yourself and stop believing... you've lost" by Jan Matthews
    **TEAM AMAZON** Sisterhood of Iron

My Building Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139809523

Summer Lifting w/Promera! (COMPLETED)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146024643

-H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by pharty View Post
    It really really varied! There were the muscle-y chicks in their strapless dresses and boots and LOADS of tan and make-up just wandering around. There were dudes in tank tops and LOTS of Tap Out shirts (lulz). There were lots of fat people, too. I'd say the majority of the fit people were like us...jeans and a t-shirt Not flexing, unfortunately. Well, I tried to keep flexing my abz but I got tired.

Me and KP at the figure/bbing/fitness comp
    (my face looks weird)

And us with Jamie Eason...she is a tiny little thing and I look FAT (baggy shirt plus bloat=BAD!)! Eep!
    You guys look awesome!! And wow she is a tiny little thing. How fun!!
    What were the highlights for you? How were the competitions?
    What is the bod plan!
    Yay!
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike

Originally Posted by newbeginning828 View Post
    Sounds (and looks) like you guys had an amazing time!!

Oooooo oooo oooo what's P's body plan!??
    It was fantastic! Want to do it every weekend Maybe not the standing in line for a million years but even that was fun with all the talking.

Originally Posted by -H- View Post
    You guys look awesome!! And wow she is a tiny little thing. How fun!!
    What were the highlights for you? How were the competitions?
    What is the bod plan!
    Yay!
    If I HAD to pick one highlight? I might have to say the strongman competition events we got to see. Those boys are just CRAZY big and strong! The powerlifting was super impressive too. I srsly enjoyed everything! The bbing/figure/fitness comp was awesome in a totally different way. Those woman bbers are just insane! The figure chicks looked hungry Fitness girls were a nice change of pace. Just seeing the different people in the crowd was fun! Great time all around. Lots of laughs...gut busting laughs!

P's Plan For A Rockin' Bod

'Tis simple, really.

Cut to 120. My goal is to look great in a bikini. Period. Sure I want my muscle but this is my first goal and it's going to happen for sure. I'm close now...just need to fine tune a little.

Assess then likely/hopefully maintain that through Summer. Bust my azz in the gym lifting as heavy as freaking possible.
    IF 120 isn't what I hoped it would be then cut a little more then still maintain through Summer.

Surplus eating (as Vox calls it. At least I think that's what he said) starts in August and will continue through March. Bulk will likely be maybe 2000 cals--remember maintenance for 128 was 1650. Again, busting my tail in the gym.

Cut for bikini season 2013.

The End
    My Journal

Good to see you've nailed down a plan, P, LET'S GET IT ON, HELL YEAHHHH!!!!!
    Current PRs:

-H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sounds awesome!!!
    Your plan sounds somewhat like mine, main goal is build muscle then cut for spring/summer 2013.
    Well, once I get myself situated in what i'm doing now, lol. Guess I would like to look relatively ok this summer, too.
    We will see.
    Those strongman competitions sound amazing, would love to see that in person someday. All of it sounds so cool! And motivating. Glad your cut is going well, too!
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike

KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    It was fantastic! Want to do it every weekend Maybe not the standing in line for a million years but even that was fun with all the talking.
    It was a bummer we didn't make it to the gym but I really left thinking that there has to be a weekend that I can wander down your way so we can workout, do Starbucks, Costco and go tanning. Oh yeah!

The figure chicks looked hungry.
    Oh this was hilarious! We're watching the show and all the girls line up and P leans over to me and goes, "Those look like some hungry bitches right there!"

Get that chick Fat Burger - STAT!

P's Plan For A Rockin' Bod

Cut to 120. My goal is to look great in a bikini. Period. Sure I want my muscle but this is my first goal and it's going to happen for sure. I'm close now...just need to fine tune a little.

Assess then likely/hopefully maintain that through Summer. Bust my azz in the gym lifting as heavy as freaking possible.
    IF 120 isn't what I hoped it would be then cut a little more then still maintain through Summer.

Surplus eating (as Vox calls it. At least I think that's what he said) starts in August and will continue through March. Bulk will likely be maybe 2000 cals--remember maintenance for 128 was 1650. Again, busting my tail in the gym.

Cut for bikini season 2013.
    The skinny on P:

I was happy that we were able to talk about where we are going with this whole thing. Ladies & Gents, what P is NOT telling you is that the pics she posts don't do justice and she actually has more muscle in her upper body than I had been lead to believe. Is she ready for the stage? No... but is progress being made? Heck yes!

The "fat" that you keep grabbing is not really fat. It's just fluff and leftover Vodka That stuff will take care of itself when you start working really hard on your lifts and just progressing through that. I mean, you are at a point where you do not need to suck in your flubba. Also, you saw what some of the off season girls look like there - they def don't have a 6 pack year round and I hope you now have an appreciation for what is realistic and what is not.

Vox, Medjen and I had an excellent convo on the way back home trying to lay out a plan for me that I am comfortable with also. It's nice to meet people and actually get a look at them and have a sounding board to help you come up with a plan that is not ridiculous, is attainable, is something you are comfortable, and meets your goals. I'm glad we seem to have gotten that worked out here
    -KimP

lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000) lexagon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hai P!

Glad you had fun!
    Current Log:
    Promera - Gluta Blast and Amino-Tren with derickb - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164803381

*TEAM AMAZON* - Sisterhood of Iron

Past Logs:
    Promera Sports - Gluta-Tren & Con-Cret - Swoosh & Lex - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146265453

Good to see you've nailed down a plan, P, LET'S GET IT ON, HELL YEAHHHH!!!!!
    No homo?
    My Journal

Originally Posted by KimPossible98 View Post
    It was a bummer we didn't make it to the gym but I really left thinking that there has to be a weekend that I can wander down your way so we can workout, do Starbucks, Costco and go tanning. Oh yeah!
    Let's meet in CBUS again! Surely they have all that stuff

Oh this was hilarious! We're watching the show and all the girls line up and P leans over to me and goes, "Those look like some hungry bitches right there!"

Get that chick Fat Burger - STAT!
    Srsly.

The skinny on P:

I was happy that we were able to talk about where we are going with this whole thing. Ladies & Gents, what P is NOT telling you is that the pics she posts don't do justice and she actually has more muscle in her upper body than I had been lead to believe. Is she ready for the stage? No... but is progress being made? Heck yes!
    ^^This makes me pretty darn happy! I mean, I see it when I'm lifting and I'm seeing more definition now that the fatz iz coming off but always nice for others to notice as well.

The "fat" that you keep grabbing is not really fat. It's just fluff and leftover Vodka That stuff will take care of itself when you start working really hard on your lifts and just progressing through that. I mean, you are at a point where you do not need to suck in your flubba. Also, you saw what some of the off season girls look like there - they def don't have a 6 pack year round and I hope you now have an appreciation for what is realistic and what is not.
    That upper thigh crap is FAT! lulz

Vox, Medjen and I had an excellent convo on the way back home trying to lay out a plan for me that I am comfortable with also. It's nice to meet people and actually get a look at them and have a sounding board to help you come up with a plan that is not ridiculous, is attainable, is something you are comfortable, and meets your goals. I'm glad we seem to have gotten that worked out here
    Can't wait to hear it!!!
    My Journal

Kim and I were discussing hitting the gym after our surplus of (cough Mexican cough) food so I quite literally went straight to my gym after getting back to town. Saturday should have been chest and arms hypertrophy so it was decided that I would just go ahead and do that then still do upper power today just to keep me on track.

TRAINING
    PHAT Chest/Arms Hypertrophy 3/4

Flat DB Press-Speed
    25/3/6 no change

incline DB Press
    25/12/3 no change

Hammer Strength Chest Press
    30/13, 12, 13 +reps

Incline Flyes
    12.5/20
    15/20+weight

Preacher Curls
    25/15
    35/15/2+weight

DB Concentration Curls
    15/15/2-weight somehow

Spider Curls
    15/15/2

Tricep Ext w/ bar did on incline
    30/15, 16, 20+weight

Rope Pressdown
    22.5/12/3 different machine than usual-lighter weight felt tougher

Cable Kickback
    7.5/12
    5/20/2-->lowered weight and really had at it!
    Last edited by pharty; 03-05-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    My Journal

TRAINING
    PHAT Upper Power 3/5

Bent-Over (heh) Rows3/3-5 reps
    85/5
    95/5
    105/5/2+weight

Pull-Ups 2/6-10 reps
    40# assist

Rack Chins
    palms in-back fried already!

Flat DB Press 3/3-5
    did these yesterday so kept it a little lighter than last time
    25/5/2
    30/10

Dips 2/6-10
    LEGS STRAIGHT!!

Seated DB Shoulder Press 3/6-10
    22.5/10
    25/7/2

Preacher Curls 3/6-10
    35/12/2+reps
    40/4 ugh but had to try

Skull Crushers 3/6-10
    35/8/3

Weight

128.8 1/22--->Still fatty fatty. First day of cut
    127.0 1/23--->I said somewhere there'd be a whoosh!
    126.8 1/24
    126.0 1/25
    126.0 1/26
    126.4 1/27
    124.2 1/28-->after mucho vodka
    128.0 1/29-->after cheat meal
    126.4 1/30
    126.2 1/31
    126.6 2/1--->totally knew that it wouldn't be down and I'm all squishy!
    127.6 2/2--->fatty fatty 2x4 can't...blerg!
    127.0 2.3
    126.4 2/4
    126.4 2/5
    126.4 2/6
    126.4 2/7--->I even smacked the scale around to see if it was STUCK!
    126.0 2/8
    125.2 2/9
    123.6 2/10
    123.2 2/11
    123.4 2/12
    123.4 2/13--->MFer is stuck again...lulz
    123.8 2/14
    123.2 2/15
    123.4 2/16
    123.4 2/17
    123.8 2/18
    123.8 2/19
    122.0 2/20
    122.6 2/21 YAY!
    122.6 2/22
    122.6 2/23
    123.3 2/24 don't remember why?
    123.5 2/25 Doritos and vodka
    000.0 2/26 Chipotle for dinner/sick
    124.0 2/27
    122.8 2/28 back to normal-ish
    123.2 2/29 bleh
    123.8 3/1 happy freaking March to me!

124.2 3/5 not too bad!

ETA--Had 3 of my friends around me as I did the pull-ups...lol! The one was cheering me on, the other was just standing there being a perv and the other was blocking the first ones view of my azz in the mirror! Lulz. They were all mirrin' my back though
    My Journal

newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

ETA--Had 3 of my friends around me as I did the pull-ups...lol! The one was cheering me on, the other was just standing there being a perv and the other was blocking the first ones view of my azz in the mirror! Lulz. They were all mirrin' my back though
    Bet that made your day!

I like P's body plan!! Great job hitting those workouts after such an awesome break/weekend!
    "The minute you lose confidence in yourself and stop believing... you've lost" by Jan Matthews

My Building Journal:

3rd page?? Eeep!

Yesterday's workout

TRAINING
    PHAT Lower Power 3/6

Squats 3/3-5
    barX10 WU
    95/6+rep
    105/6+rep
    115/8+rep

Hack Press-->same as hack squat but no pads at the top--2/6-10
    1pps/10
    1pps+35/10+reps

Leg Ext 2/6-10
    80/10
    95/11+rep

SLDL 3/5-8
    115/8
    135/7+rep
    135/6

Ham Curl 2/6-10--> on elbows, try it sometime!
    40/12
    55/8+weight

Calf Stuff
    Again...I'm always talking here. Or just not paying attentiong and going to failure.
    5 sets on calf machine thing

5 sets of 10+ on Smith with aerobics riser thing--70+lbs added

Today's Workout

Ruhn-ning
    4mi/35/48=8:56 pace
    WHOOHOO! And in the hot gym

Abz--assorted stuff. Nothing too crazy as I did "something" to a muscle or ligament or something and I really think it was from all the laughing we did over the weekend. Srs.

Weight
    124.2 3/5 not too bad!
    124.2 3/6
    123.0 3/7
    My Journal

AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Pharty! I have a few questions about your rack chins. I think they are the same as inverted rows, I think. How are you doing rack chins, on a smith machine bar? When you say palm in, does that mean your palms are facing you?

Originally Posted by AprilShowers13 View Post
    Hey Pharty! I have a few questions about your rack chins. I think they are the same as inverted rows, I think. How are you doing rack chins, on a smith machine bar? When you say palm in, does that mean your palms are facing you?
    Hi ya! We just talked about inverted rows this weekend...I had never heard of them. I don't have my feet up on anything so I think that's the difference. I usually try to have palms facing away for back work but I was *done* after the pull-ups so went for palms facing this time. I set the bar a bit above my head.

My Journal

KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    P you are kicking my azz with the hack squats. Today is leg hypertrophy and I bet you $10 I fall asleep on the machine.

We were just talking about this over the weekend with Vox. I do them on the Smith Machine with the bar set pretty low to make sure to target my middle back. It seems that the higher you put the bar the more of your upper back you target... so in my mind, if that's what you're going for you may as well just attempt a chin up.

For a rack chin you put your feet on the floor. For an inverted row you would put your feet on a box or a bench so you start parallel to the floor. I just tried this yesterday and it was hard as hell!

I also do these with my palms facing away from me since it is much harder for me to do this way and uses more back than if I did them with palms facing me - which would use my strong biceps and take my back out of the game - exactly what I'm trying to avoid!
    -KimP

AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok, so I'm doing rack chins then. I got them confused. Do you change the height of the bar or does it matter?

squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    P you are kicking my azz with the hack squats. Today is leg hypertrophy and I bet you $10 I fall asleep on the machine.

We were just talking about this over the weekend with Vox. I do them on the Smith Machine with the bar set pretty low to make sure to target my middle back. It seems that the higher you put the bar the more of your upper back you target... so in my mind, if that's what you're going for you may as well just attempt a chin up.

For a rack chin you put your feet on the floor. For an inverted row you would put your feet on a box or a bench so you start parallel to the floor. I just tried this yesterday and it was hard as hell!

I also do these with my palms facing away from me since it is much harder for me to do this way and uses more back than if I did them with palms facing me - which would use my strong biceps and take my back out of the game - exactly what I'm trying to avoid!
    Thinking of doing these instead of bb rows for my upper workout tomorrow. hmmmm...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

My bodybuilding journal:
    Squeaks' Journey to a hotter bod and other life stuff - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135424291

ProMera Sports SUMMER LOG PROMO: Con-Cret - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146257573 (complete)

Ok, so I'm doing rack chins then. I got them confused. Do you change the height of the bar or does it matter?
    I fiddle with the bar height constantly. Try out multiple heights and really focus on what muscles you can feel yourself target by where you place the bar. For me, placing the bar higher is so much easier than when I place it lower - which signals to me that I have weak lats, which I know. Blerg.

Originally Posted by squeaks77 View Post
    Thinking of doing these instead of bb rows for my upper workout tomorrow. hmmmm...
    It's always good to switch up. I did T-bar row yesterday instead of bent over bb rows. It was a nice change up
    -KimP

I freaking hate them. I wore a skirt today to run (it's hot in therre) and thought "My legs iz lookin' THICK!". Yesterday I was thinking I should go back to just the 1pps and really work on going lower. I think once I added the 35er I wasn't going quite as low. Blerg.

Honestly? I've done them low and high and they just seem HARD...lol. But the last two times I've done them higher so I'll lower it again and see if I can concentrate on the lower back. And then I sit on the floor between sets and the boyz give me ****

I was pumped to see my gunz a blazing yesterday! lol. I know what you're saying

Originally Posted by squeaks77 View Post
    ^^This is what sparked the discussion. I was asking if being more upright or lower was "better" for bb rows and we talked about pendlay rows (which I haven't tried yet because once I'm in there I forget about them/used to doing bent-over bbs) then Vox brought up the inverted rows.
    My Journal

I freaking hate them. I wore a skirt today to run (it's hot in therre) and thought "My legs iz lookin' THICK!". Yesterday I was thinking I should go back to just the 1pps and really work on going lower. I think once I added the 35er I wasn't going quite as low. Blerg.
    I started looking at booty shorts! LOL! Check these out...

http://www.amazon.com/Charcoal-Stret...141621&sr=8-13

And then I sit on the floor between sets and the boyz give me ****
    Yep I sit on the floor too all sprawled out and comfy...
    -KimP

I started looking at booty shorts! LOL! Check these out...

http://www.amazon.com/Charcoal-Stret...141621&sr=8-13
    I think I'd need a good waxer.
    My Journal

LOL.

Re: rack chins, I am still doing chins on the assisted machine....I have only tried the rack chins twice but felt it my chest more as opposed to back, which I assume means I am doing something incorrectly. Might give them another shot.
    -- Nike

hahhahaha!

Wow P, I don't know how you do all that work on such low cals srs. Mind = blown.

My Building Journal:

Originally Posted by newbeginning828 View Post
    hahhahaha!

Wow P, I don't know how you do all that work on such low cals srs. Mind = blown.
    Must be the 15 minute power nap I try to take each day...lol!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I HAD CAKE!!!!

Today is my DD's 6th birthday and she wanted to go to Chipotle and then have cake. I ate my usual dinner beforehand and just hung out at Chipotle with my family and my parents drinking from my giant water bottle:-)

Then I had cake. No ice cream. And I feel all fatz and bloated...blech! But it was tastee and I figured out the macros for the small pieces I cut! Even with the cake I come in at...

35.0f
    116.0f
    129p

I am dropping to 1300cals for a few days to try and get the scale moving again after the 4-5 days of eating the usual diet then not caring about the couple of cocktails or mis-steps. Just needed a little mental break. The scale was 123.0 this morning so I'm confident the water will be gone soon but if I'm not hungry I'm going to drop the cals and see what happens. If I feel like falling over then I'll eat something!

I could have a shake and get myself another 20 of protein but I am FULL and might for realz vom.

So DD is 6. She was my first VBAC so she's my favorite!

Off to bed...sleep tight Friends!
    My Journal