Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great insight Joan! It puts a new perspective on things

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Buffycat3 View Post
    Hiya Leah!

I laugh at your comment about Normal....heh! because being a successful athelte there is no room for normalcy.
    ..and besides, just maybe the act of doing 'normal' squats will leave a person just that: Normal.
    Humm? perhaps?
    Good Job at the Pistols!!

I am curious how you got into this Warrior Dash? (sorry for not already knowing)
    I am loving you're loving this entire workout and event!

Go Get Em!

and...Have a Beautiful Fun Family Day!

Joan, you always so insightful.

I got into the Warrior Dash because I said last year I would do it. I put it off and put it off and put it off. And then, I heard Erin talk about it in her journal and combined that reminder with the fact that I've not been having much fun lately in the gym and it gave me the push I needed. I'm having a blast training for it!

Today's workout

Oh lord, I'm ashamed to even log this. My office is running a conference on campus right now, so I got in no workout yesterday. Lat night, our reception started and we were all so frustrated with the organization's leader that we took advantage of unused drink tickets. Six vodka-cranberries later, I was three sheets to the wind and laughing my ass off at jokes I don't even remember the punchline to today. Needless to say, 5 a.m. came very early. I did something so I didn't feel like a total slob.

Life fitness chest press: 90 x 12, 12
    Life fitness lat pulldown:90 x wtf is this machine, huff, turn around, leave

Seated DB shoulder press: 15 x 12, 20x12, 25x12, 30x12, 12, 12
    DB Lateral Raises: 15x12, 12, 12

That's it.

On a side note, I have eaten cookie after cookie the past two days. I am going to need my run tomorrow.
    Last edited by Simpy; 06-06-2011 at 06:00 PM.
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How long is the Warrior Dash?

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by StlBarbie View Post
    How long is the Warrior Dash?
    A little over 3 miles, so not that bad. The terrain is very hilly for the one I've chose to do, but I live in a very-hilly-ville so it won't be hard to train appropriately.

No run this morning. I'm just too exhausted and I have to be at work by 6:45 again. Ugh. Luckily I'm staying at a hotel near campus so I don't have to drive the extra hour to work. Otherwise, I'd already be on the road.

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey Simpy....how goes the training?
    Join "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bodybuilding" BULKING AND CUTTING PROGRAM CHALLENGE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5T75Ci8Zw

"Whatever the mind can conceive, can always be achieved!"

"Visualization is the seed, that sprouts success"

http://www.********.com/Tucks71?ref=tn_tnmn#!/Tucks71

http://twitter.com/#!/Lex29us

Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.Xrcise is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Lex29us View Post
    ^^^X2 and how far out from the Dash are you?

Originally Posted by Lex29us View Post
    Training's going okay. I'm having difficulties with asthma the last two weeks, which has made running difficult. And the last two days there's been a thunderstorm during my morning run time. I'm going to try to put Cadillac on a bike this evening and head out with him. He wanted to run with me last week and one mile just about killed him, so he'll have to be on the bike today, instead.

Originally Posted by Mr.Xrcise View Post
    ^^^X2 and how far out from the Dash are you?
    Months. It's not until September 17th. I was up to a fairly easy 3.5 miles, but with Asthma and other things getting in the way I feel like I need to crawl back up a bit. Plus, my dog had her spaying surgery two weeks ago. As of today she's officially cleared to run with me again, but I was told to start her easy. I'll see if she can do two miles tonight.

There always seems to be an obstacle thrown in to try and derail progress. You'll get back and be better than ever. I too battled with asthma during my teen years, so I understand what you are going through. Sometimes crawling is a good thing.

Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I remember every year you suffer with asthma....One day I'll be in your journal and see that you are breathing free!
    *positive thoughts*

How's the doggies?
    In this world, there is Real and Make-Believe. To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. ▪█──────█▪

Originally Posted by Buffycat3 View Post
    I remember every year you suffer with asthma....One day I'll be in your journal and see that you are breathing free!
    *positive thoughts*

How's the doggies?
    Asthma is part of my life. Sometimes it's good and I have no symptoms, and sometimes it drives me insane. I'm learning to live with it and I'm learning how to head it off when I feel a bad bit of breathing coming on. It's not perfect, but it's helping to keep me from developing pneumonia every year.

The dogs are great. Holly went for her first real run last night. Two miles was hard on her, but she was so excited to be out and moving. Jack rode his bike while we ran. We had to stop and wait for him on a few hills because his little legs couldn't make it all the way up. On the way down hills and on straight stretches he would sometimes get in front of us, and that drove Holly insane. She likes to be in the lead. So during those parts we would flat-out sprint. It was good for my booty, but I struggled at times with my breathing. I made it through, though I did suck my inhaler more than I'd like to admit.

I lifted yesterday at lunch. Squats, pistols to the bench (trying to relearn these), pullups and assisted pullup work. It was fast and furious. I spent more time than I should have talking to the GA that helps run the gym. She did her first Warrior Dash this past weekend, so I wanted to get the scoop on how hard it was. She said that she was glad it was only 3.2 miles because the running terrain was very tough. And this girl just did a marathon less than a month ago. I think I might need to up my intensity.

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just did the Warrior dash. It was amazing 3.5 miles of pure fun and mud. What made it better was the storms the day before. Going to make it an annual thing. I think everyone should try it.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by Raigs View Post
    I just did the Warrior dash. It was amazing 3.5 miles of pure fun and mud. What made it better was the storms the day before. Going to make it an annual thing. I think everyone should try it.
    That's a great picture! I'm pretty excited about it. I did the Muddy Buddy last year, which is similar, but I've been told that the obstacles are much harder for this one. I'm excited about that, though, because I was a little disappointed in the Muddy Buddy's obstacles.

Originally Posted by Raigs View Post
    Nice photo! Looks like you guys really enjoyed yourselves!!!

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yeah i had already cleaned off and got dirty again after greeting my friends. Trying to convince to do Tough mudder. ALot harder for anyone who enjoys warrior dash.

@simpy when is your race?

http://toughmudder.com/