View Poll Results: Does it take a moron to starve in America?

Voters
248. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

146 58.87%
  • No

102 41.13%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MrMisanthrope View Post
    I cut out every part of your post except the important underlying premise.

Stop and think about this for a minute. If you roll a die, it's "random." Yet, if you rig up a machine to roll a die on a standardized surface in a very precise and reliable way, the die will reliably produce the same result if initially set up the same way each time. We speak of the "odds" of things happening in the future, but once they have happened, we see that they happened the only way they could have happened. You can easily analyze the concept of "odds" or "possibility" to see that there is no such thing as chance, possibility or randomness; there are only factors we do not know or control. The only time any concept of "possibility" is ever correct is in the past tense, when we analyze what did happen and say that it had a 100% chance of happening. Otherwise the entire concept is bogus.

That is to say, there is no metaphysical Perfect Functional Person (tm) living inside of every homeless degenerate - if they could have been anything different, they would have been something different.
    Alright, let me put this differently.

Circumstances outside of the control of said person may influence them to become less than they could have become otherwise. Statistically speaking, there are at least 100 impoverished genius children starving to death in the slums of India.

Now, nothing about their current situation indicates that any genetic insufficiency on THEIR part means they should die. All I want is for them to have a fair chance to exploit the gifts they have. I don't want them to succeed, nor do I want them to fail. I only want them to have the chance.

That's an extreme example, but it still quite applies.
    I will not stop until I look awesome.

SlapBassist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SlapBassist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SlapBassist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SlapBassist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SlapBassist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SlapBassist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SlapBassist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SlapBassist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SlapBassist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SlapBassist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SlapBassist has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    One quart whipping cream: 3333 calories
    One dozen eggs: 936 calories
    Four tins of fish: 480 calories

Total: 4749
    ...Over two days: 2374.5 calories per day
    ...Over three days: 1583 calories per day
    ...Over four days: 1187.25 calories per day

Therefore, if you can manage to scrounge up even $6 per day, you could easily eat 2400+ calories of high quality food. Holy crap, I'm from the allegedly privileged class and I spend less money on food per day than third worlders. Poor people in America are idiots, and they are poor because they deserve it.

All of this info from either http://caloriecount.about.com/ or from the labels of the food I bought.
    I don't know that whipping cream can be constituted as "high quality food". Sure you got your calories, but is it really all that healthy?

Otherwise, the sum comes up to around 1.5k calories which is ****.

I thank God that the US has such things as food stamps - because if your working a minimum wage job, even two for that matter, you can't live real "comfortably", and damn well dont have enough to raise kids comfortably. I make 7.25/hr, with shifts i can only work around 7 hours per shift/day, summing to around 30hrs a week. I make around 200 off that 30 hours. thats 800 a month. Not livable, atleast in a "bachelors" sense. Luckily I know they have a lot of good programs for homeless people to actually get on their feet. One I know of is you stay at a homeless shelter for a week, you can get a voucher thing to pay some $525 towards rent/month. Even 200 a month is slim for good eating.

Veggies aren't that cheap though. Atleast 3-5 for a reasonable amount (given you can use the amnt a few times).

I hear you though on that organ meat. I wish I were more fond of it myself. Tried eating livers on a few occasions - just not my cup of tea in the slightest. If I was starving and needed food? Sure, otherwise I'll pass.

MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Irishladdie235 View Post
    Alright, let me put this differently.

Circumstances outside of the control of said person may influence them to become less than they could have become otherwise. Statistically speaking, there are at least 100 impoverished genius children starving to death in the slums of India.

Now, nothing about their current situation indicates that any genetic insufficiency on THEIR part means they should die. All I want is for them to have a fair chance to exploit the gifts they have. I don't want them to succeed, nor do I want them to fail. I only want them to have the chance.

That's an extreme example, but it still quite applies.
    The whole India thing is 100% irrelevant because I was talking about America.

Nothing is guaranteed in life - sometimes you DO just get a s**tty hand. That's just the way life goes. If it makes you feel better, seek out the proportionately very very VERY few intelligent homeless/starving people in the world and help them.

Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irishladdie235 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Nothing is guaranteed in life - sometimes you DO just get a s**tty hand. That's just the way life goes. If it makes you feel better, seek out the proportionately very very VERY few intelligent homeless/starving people in the world and help them.
    I just try to make sure everyone gets a chance to shine.

And it IS relevant because I'M talking about people who could do so much more for the world if they were presented with better cards.
    I will not stop until I look awesome.

Galvatorex is just really nice. (+1000) Galvatorex is just really nice. (+1000) Galvatorex is just really nice. (+1000) Galvatorex is just really nice. (+1000) Galvatorex is just really nice. (+1000) Galvatorex is just really nice. (+1000) Galvatorex is just really nice. (+1000) Galvatorex is just really nice. (+1000) Galvatorex is just really nice. (+1000) Galvatorex is just really nice. (+1000) Galvatorex is just really nice. (+1000)

by your logic if I kill you and your family and take all of your things its your own fault because you were too stupid to stop me.

lol

Everready has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Everready has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Everready has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Everready has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Everready has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Everready has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Everready has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Everready has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Everready has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Everready has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Everready has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lettuce be reality for just one second here brah.

you are a 23 year old fatass ******* with no knowledge of the situations these people came from/live in. you have also come up with literally the worst diet ever posted.

illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're starving in America.. you have a problem. I understand if maybe you got laid off.. and there's literally no work in your town.. ok that's fine.. but seriously if you're at the point of starving, it's time to pick up any freakin' job you can get your hands on. No shame in doing a ****ty job temporarily until a good job opens.. so you don't starve, and especially if you have a family to take care of.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

🚷 Anti-Degeneracy League 🚷

https://www.twitter.com/eyeonpalestine

Mossad acronym: ISIS AKA Israeli Secret Intelligence Service

dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Therefore, I feel no sympathy for anyone in America who is dumb enough to go hungry, because nobody worthy of staying alive is capable of dying of hunger in this country unless they actually tried to.
    Nobody goes hungry in America. The poorest people on welfare are often the fattest.

There's some likelihood that a beggar could spend all of his money on crack, but he shouldn't feel hungry after taking all that crack.
    10 years Miscing

paleodawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) paleodawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) paleodawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) paleodawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) paleodawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) paleodawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) paleodawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) paleodawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) paleodawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) paleodawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) paleodawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    ok so i can hav sex with ur mum and u werent there to stop me so its your fault? (cos your too poor and weak)

wow strong logic *******

dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Galvatorex View Post
    by your logic if I kill you and your family and take all of your things its your own fault because you were too stupid to stop me.

lol

That's not his logic at all. He was talking about causality, not force.

If someone starves you in a cage they are using physical force against you. That certainly wouldn't be their fault. But on their own doing they can't even be bothered to walk to a food bank or a hospice or something, then nature enacts effects on them. That is called causality. You cannot just sit in a corner and not expect to survive. Human survival is the result of action.
    10 years Miscing

illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dixon View Post
    Nobody goes hungry in America. The poorest people on welfare are often the fattest.

There's some likelihood that a beggar could spend all of his money on crack, but he shouldn't feel hungry after taking all that crack.
    Wat?

49.1 Million Americans Starving

Research.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Originally Posted by paleodawg View Post
    ok so i can hav sex with ur mum and u werent there to stop me so its your fault? (cos your too poor and weak)

wow strong logic *******
    There's a big difference between force and causality.
    10 years Miscing

Originally Posted by illriginalized View Post
    Wat?

49.1 Million Americans Starving

Research.
    There are not 49.1 million Americans starving. There are 49 million Americans on food stamps. None of them are starving or even approaching starvation. In fact, you can apply for food stamps while you go to college. Get real, chump.
    10 years Miscing

Originally Posted by SlapBassist View Post
    I thank God that the US has such things as food stamps - because if your working a minimum wage job, even two for that matter, you can't live real "comfortably", and damn well dont have enough to raise kids comfortably.
    Yes, to be able to live "comfortably" you have to produce enough goods to trade with people that will enable relative material comfort. You cannot simply have comfort because you demand it upon reality. Comfort is created by people producing things.

If someone has a minimum wage job I suggest that they do not have kids.

I make around 200 off that 30 hours. thats 800 a month. Not livable, atleast in a "bachelors" sense.
    No, you live better than 90% of the world's population, and 99% of the humans that had existed just 2-3 generations before you.
    10 years Miscing

There are not 49.1 million Americans starving. There are 49 million Americans on food stamps. None of them are starving or even approaching starvation. In fact, you can apply for food stamps while you go to college. Get real, chump.
    lol... I can't even believe the idiocy in this post. By your logic.. we really don't have homeless people, because they sleep inside of a box.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-rockets.html
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

mosy28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mosy28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mosy28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mosy28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mosy28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mosy28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mosy28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mosy28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mosy28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mosy28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mosy28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    OP comes off as an aspiring Nazi.

trollface.jpg

Originally Posted by Irishladdie235 View Post
    Those people need the political system of capitalism and written respect for private property rights include a court system which recognizes those rights. Then they can build themselves out of poverty.

Hong Kong was just as poor as Bombay after WWII. Korea was poorer than India in 1955. Both Hong Kong and South Korea enacted free market reforms which enshrined private property rights, while India wallowed in socialist filth for several more decades.

No hate on India, my ancestry is Indian. But the culture there is backward and the people are full of mysticism and collectivism, so they do not readily embrace capitalism.
    10 years Miscing

lol... I can't even believe the idiocy in this post. By your logic.. we really don't have homeless people, because they sleep inside of a box.
    So people who are eating well, and are in fact overweight, are "starving"? And my logic is somehow lacking?

Have you ever even met a starving American? I'm guessing you're a Muslim Brit who has never been to America, am I right?

Like I said, colleges are encouraging their students to go out and collect food stamps if they have no income. Millions of people who are not in any financial need at all are on food stamps. People who are on food stamps are not starving.

Great link by the way. You're hilarious.
    10 years Miscing

bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bottle_cap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Galvatorex View Post

lol
    oh you so silly
    sarcastic but wise scrubs
    First immortality, then the bitches
    - Vegeta

supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lots of homeless people are mentally ill, you douche. No one chooses mental illness. Luck you are a high functioning white person, probably with a mommy and daddy who help you out with all your finances. GTFO

So people who are eating well, and are in fact overweight, are "starving"? And my logic is somehow lacking?

Have you ever even met a starving American? I'm guessing you're a Muslim Brit who has never been to America, am I right?

Like I said, colleges are encouraging their students to go out and collect food stamps if they have no income. Millions of people who are not in any financial need at all are on food stamps. People who are on food stamps are not starving.

Great link by the way. You're hilarious.
    ... wtf are you talking about.. there's literally people out in the streets and in shelters trying to get fed... get your head out of your ass. Not everyone that is, "starving" are on food stamps.

Good God.. and the best part of your post is your assumption of me being a British Muslim LOL

No bud.. I'm a full blooded American that more than likely has done more for communities then you'll ever do.

The fact that you really believe no one's starving in America because they 'HAVE' to be on food stamps really shows how far up into your ass, your head is in.

Let me guess.. you live in America, more than likely sheltered all your life.. and more than likely you still live with mommy and daddy and don't have a ****in clue about the world outside of your petty little town.

amirite?

Anyways, since you're going to disregard sources... you're probably trolling me.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeh brb getting majority of calories from whipped fkn cream. OP u dumb as fuk.

... wtf are you talking about.. there's literally
    people out in the streets and in shelters trying to get fed... get your head out of your ass. Not everyone that is, "starving" are on food stamps.
    Nobody is starving.

No bud.. I'm a full blooded American that more than likely has done more for communities then you'll ever do.
    I do not care about "communities" so good for you. But I do a lot more being an investor, like the "Wall Street Financiers" you decry, by providing capital for agricultural companies like tractor companies to make farming and fertilizer to increase food yields.

The fact that you really believe no one's starving in America because they 'HAVE' to be on food stamps really shows how far up into your ass, your head is in.
    Nobody is starving in America except some sliver of the population that is addicted to drugs. The statistics do not show that. I went and looked up what you linked to and it said that some people had "low food security" and "at one or more times within a year." You advised me to research. Do your own research, chump.

As for being an American. I'm living in Asia where people actually starve through no fault of their own because of political oppression or communism. Not because they are drug addicts.

And there are no homeless people at all in the country I currently live in. Because the people are shamed into not being homeless and would rather die than not work. It's also because there are very few drug addicts here. That is much different than welfare dependent drug addicted ghetto scum in America.
    10 years Miscing

Rightousness in Wrath Shugga_Free's Avatar
    Shugga_Free has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shugga_Free has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shugga_Free has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shugga_Free has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shugga_Free has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shugga_Free has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shugga_Free has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shugga_Free has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shugga_Free has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shugga_Free has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shugga_Free has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    nobody dies of hunger in the U.S
    I used to be in cool crews

Originally Posted by supern0va View Post
    Lots of homeless people are mentally ill, you douche. No one chooses mental illness.
    Yes they do. Lots of drug addicts cause eventual mental illness.
    10 years Miscing

Originally Posted by Shugga_Free View Post
    nobody dies of hunger in the U.S
    I agree. And millions die of obesity or obesity related diseases.
    10 years Miscing

Registered Pheasant IronRooster2's Avatar
    IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My diet is in the neighborhood of $3 a day to maintain 209lb. This involves eating a lot of flour - about 1.5lb of the stuff a day. Flour itself is $1 for 5 pounds of food.

It is a bit of an ordeal - it takes about 8 minutes to prepare bread by hand, then of course the ~25 minutes to bake it.

Originally Posted by YIAMSOMEBODY View Post
    And there's only so much food a shelter can give out
    Food bank food is barely edible. Frozen meat is great if you win the lottery and find some, but:

Did you know that peanut butter eventually begins to either separate into goo or petrifies to the consistency of a turd?

Bags of rice can house moths if the place is lazy.

The local one was shut down for breakin' the law.

omglazer is just really nice. (+1000) omglazer is just really nice. (+1000) omglazer is just really nice. (+1000) omglazer is just really nice. (+1000) omglazer is just really nice. (+1000) omglazer is just really nice. (+1000) omglazer is just really nice. (+1000) omglazer is just really nice. (+1000) omglazer is just really nice. (+1000) omglazer is just really nice. (+1000) omglazer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by uGonnaGetRepped View Post
    lmao.

that's around 250 calories per day if you're spreading it over 4 days
    this

MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by omglazer View Post
    this
    Yeah but notice how I actually broke down the calories and showed conclusively that it's 2400 calories a day if you spread it over 2 days.

Creampie Connoisseur basshead444's Avatar
    basshead444 is just really nice. (+1000) basshead444 is just really nice. (+1000) basshead444 is just really nice. (+1000) basshead444 is just really nice. (+1000) basshead444 is just really nice. (+1000) basshead444 is just really nice. (+1000) basshead444 is just really nice. (+1000) basshead444 is just really nice. (+1000) basshead444 is just really nice. (+1000) basshead444 is just really nice. (+1000) basshead444 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah but notice how I actually broke down the calories and showed conclusively that it's 2400 calories a day if you spread it over 2 days.
    Thats a bulk for me. I could spread that **** over 3 days just to maintain.
    -We got a backup plan?
    -Yes. Kill everyone in sight.
    -I like it. Can we switch and make that the main plan?

[We come out at night]

**Misc Illuminati**