unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just can't eat breakfast...

Just the thought of eating before I've been awake for a couple of hours makes me nauseous! I know this is not helping me succeed and would love some ideas on what I can do. I am not meeting my daily calorie intake, and I'm sure thats a huge reason why I am not seeing results so far. I workout in the mornings twice a week, and in the evenings three times a week. I have a 45 minute drive, so if I can just find something to have while I'm driving (that doesn't gag me), I really think it would benefit my morning workouts. Any suggestions?

StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Are you eating alot for dinner, or after dinner? This could make food less appealing in the morning. If you really can't stomach normal breakfast foods, eggs, bacon, a protein shake, a peice of fruit, hot cereal ect, try a treat-like food in the morning. Know what you are going to eat before you go to bed, so you can be excited to eat it right when you wake up. I like Larabars as a treat, the chocolate chip cookie dough tastes like sweet candy but its nut/coconut based without grains or dairy. Eventually you'll train yourself to look forward to breakfast, then start switching out the treat for a more normal breakfast. Does that make sense?
    Success is believing in what you can do, and doing it better every time.

Live Fit and Get Fit!
    LiveFitwithStephanie.com

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by unklisha View Post
    Just the thought of eating before I've been awake for a couple of hours makes me nauseous! I know this is not helping me succeed and would love some ideas on what I can do. I am not meeting my daily calorie intake, and I'm sure thats a huge reason why I am not seeing results so far. I workout in the mornings twice a week, and in the evenings three times a week. I have a 45 minute drive, so if I can just find something to have while I'm driving (that doesn't gag me), I really think it would benefit my morning workouts. Any suggestions?
    It's a matter of needing to reach your total calories at the end of the day. What time you choose to eat makes no difference. Most of my eating is done later in the day, into the evenings.

If you don't want to eat breakfast, you don't have to.

But if you feel you need to get something in, a simple protein shake, some fruit and spoonful of PB or handful of nuts.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I can't begin eating solid food until a few hours after waking. The only thing I'm able to tolerate is a large mug of coffee, drowned in heavy whipping cream.

As others have mentioned, there's no concern other than getting what you need in a manner you're able to tolerate.
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    It's a matter of needing to reach your total calories at the end of the day. What time you choose to eat makes no difference. Most of my eating is done later in the day, into the evenings.

If you don't want to eat breakfast, you don't have to.
    agree. the only issue is that you're not meeting your cal goal. so eat more at other times. times when food appeals to you. not everyone is a breakfast person. and not everyone needs to eat before they workout (i, on the other hand, do!). do whatever works for you, and forget abt what you've heard abt breakfast being the most impt meal of the day. if, however, you feel that food would help fuel your workouts, try yogurt. a lot of people start w/ that. or a piece of fruit or cottage cheese or oatmeal w/ some nuts or dried fruit or a shake or a bowl of cereal. anything. doesn't have to be some big meal.

lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh my, I LOVE breakfast, im excited right now for my breakfast tomorrow, as soon as im up its time 2 eat. I guess the other guys are right, do whats best for you. Oats? chicken? salmon or tuna? banana? protein shake?

priceor is on a distinguished road. (+10) priceor is on a distinguished road. (+10) priceor is on a distinguished road. (+10) priceor is on a distinguished road. (+10) priceor is on a distinguished road. (+10) priceor is on a distinguished road. (+10) priceor is on a distinguished road. (+10) priceor is on a distinguished road. (+10) priceor is on a distinguished road. (+10) priceor is on a distinguished road. (+10) priceor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I can't eat first thing in the morning either! I always wait till I get hungry which is around 10:30 then I eat my breakfast. Before I started this I forced myself to eat breakfast, felt sick, then come 10:30 I was hungry again. This way I eat when I'm hungry and it keeps me full till lunch! No more starving and watching the clock till noon
    ~Olivia~

We are what we repeatedly do, Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit. -- Aristotle

Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    perhaps you should try whey + oats(or even easier, wheat flour) + milk

unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unklisha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for all the input!

I know that I've skipped breakfast and then eaten my lunch after my workout around 10:30. I'm in classes until 2:20p, and the lunch kept me full the entire afternoon. I usually eat some fruit on my drive home, and then dinner, which is usually chicken and veggies (same as lunch) or pasta.

I have heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and so on, but like I said earlier it makes me gag.

So, what are some other foods I can eat later in the day to help me meet my calorie goals? I'm assuming everything mentioned above...? I've always heard protein shakes are just for those bulking up, so do I technically count as bulking?

nessa12690 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nessa12690 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nessa12690 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nessa12690 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nessa12690 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nessa12690 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nessa12690 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nessa12690 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nessa12690 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nessa12690 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nessa12690 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Aaah how are some people not breakfast people?? I don't get it!! Seems I can eat no matter what time of day, haha Listen to the ones who tell you it doesn't matter when you eat. So really, there doesn't need to be any breakfast, just more food in general.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've always heard protein shakes are just for those bulking up, so do I technically count as bulking?
    uhh, what?

So, what are some other foods I can eat later in the day to help me meet my calorie goals?
    as for other foods, anything you want. seriously. anything that helps you hit your cals and macro's for the day and that you find enjoyable.

kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Protein is DEFINITELY not for bulking up. It can count as a meal. With some added veggies, or fruit, nuts, milk, nut butters...etc. It can be paired with anything.
    The sexiest parts of my body? My brain, my spine, and my guts.

"Don’t be afraid to go after your dreams and goals. You only fail if you quit on them. Everything else is just a setback. But don’t be like 98% of the world who complains about their lives but are too cowardly to do anything about it. If you want something, GO TAKE IT. Nothing will be handed to most of you." - Layne Norton

IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000)
    What's your favorite food? The food you can eat all the time? Make the list, look for the healthiest foods or make another list with healthier substitutes for your fav food. For example, you love bread and jam, it is great! Go with whole grain bread and fresh banana! Work it out for your own taste, adjust, substitute, cook.
    Little girls cry... Big girls say "F@ck!".

Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So, what are some other foods I can eat later in the day to help me meet my calorie goals? I'm assuming everything mentioned above...? I've always heard protein shakes are just for those bulking up, so do I technically count as bulking?
    I recommanded these because you will want to take in some proteins after waking up. Usually, I pick eggwhites for breakfast, however you explained that you won't be able to eat such things. The eggwhites contain less fat/sugar then shakes. Whey protein is also used for losing weight while staying on a protein diet actually, it's not just for those that are looking to gain weight.