Thread: ACE Exam

ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

ACE Exam

Third attempt at ascertaining this information but...

How specific is the ACE exam? In other words, do I really need to know that, when performing the "Bruce Submaximal Treadmill Test", blood pressure needs to be recorded at the 2:15 mark of every stage?

I truly appreciate any input- I have a limited amount of time available to study for this test and would like to use it as efficiently as possible. Thanks.

bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ggecko22 View Post
    Third attempt at ascertaining this information but...

How specific is the ACE exam? In other words, do I really need to know that, when performing the "Bruce Submaximal Treadmill Test", blood pressure needs to be recorded at the 2:15 mark of every stage?

I truly appreciate any input- I have a limited amount of time available to study for this test and would like to use it as efficiently as possible. Thanks.
    The exam is pretty rugged but thats only to ensure that not everyone passes of course. Specific questions won't exist on that exam, but things dealing with blood pressure, different disabilities, and what not will be. I worried about formulas and how to get someone's BMI without using a calculator and all that crap wayyyy to much, $hit wasnt even on the test.
    VIRESCIT VULNERE VIRTUS " Courage Grows Strong At the Wound"

I wanna be freaky big at 6'5''

ACE certified PT

ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggecko22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bigredelts View Post
    The exam is pretty rugged but thats only to ensure that not everyone passes of course. Specific questions won't exist on that exam, but things dealing with blood pressure, different disabilities, and what not will be. I worried about formulas and how to get someone's BMI without using a calculator and all that crap wayyyy to much, $hit wasnt even on the test.
    Thanks a lot for your input, repped. As you know, there are two books; "ACE's fundementals of Physiology" and "ACE's Personal Trainer Manual." From which book will most of the test be comprised? The "Fundementals of Physiology" has a lot of scientific, factual information whereas the "Personal Trainer Manual" has a lot of subjective fluff such as "The 5 Steps In Creating Goals." Do I really need to memorize all of these rediculous, subjective lists?

still trying to get a feel for the test

Is it going to be so intricate, for instance, that I would have to explain the step-by-step procedure of giving the "YMCA Bike Test"?

Anyone?

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I hate to be the one who "has a friend," but since you are really looking to get a feel for it all of my buddies who have multiple certifications said the ACE CPT is a breeze compared to others ( NSCA, NASM, NPTI, etc). I have not yet taken any yet myself just trying to help you out from "what I have heard" from my personal friends. Good luck and let us know what you think after doing it

edit* what the hell I cant abbreviate certification without it getting blanked out? LOL
    Last edited by phoenixr2; 02-28-2011 at 09:24 PM.
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

Originally Posted by phoenixr2 View Post
    I hate to be the one who "has a friend," but since you are really looking to get a feel for it all of my buddies who have multiple ***** said the ACE CPT is a breeze compared to others ( NSCA, NASM, NPTI, etc). I have not yet taken any yet myself just trying to help you out from "what I have heard" from my personal friends. Good luck and let us know what you think after doing it
    I appreciate the input man.

kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    think logically and you'll be fine

Not a lot of math on the test

there is execise physiology

there is liability/safety stuff...as in "if john has a bad knee what sort of aerobic activity should he do"...don't have him on a treadmill if swimming is an option

not a lot of anatomy

I haven't take the 4th edition but a friend who has said there was plenty about their new 3 or 4 tier system which rates people's goals and fitness levels. Study program building.

good luck.
    The mind leads the body...get your head right and the body will follow

ACE CPT
    NFPT CPT
    NCSF CPT

one last bump

LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just got my study materials for this test.

Im sorry man I wish I could help you but Im in your same boat. Post back and when you take it for info on it.
    To live is Christ, to die is gain. -Phil. 1:21
    [If It Fits Your Macros Crew] - For Lifeee!
    360 Tag = L1ghtForce

Juggernaut Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=649301213#post649301213

ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ehamrick530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by phoenixr2 View Post
    I hate to be the one who "has a friend," but since you are really looking to get a feel for it all of my buddies who have multiple certifications said the ACE CPT is a breeze compared to others ( NSCA, NASM, NPTI, etc). I have not yet taken any yet myself just trying to help you out from "what I have heard" from my personal friends. Good luck and let us know what you think after doing it

edit* what the hell I cant abbreviate certification without it getting blanked out? LOL
    yeah i'm in the same boat, I haven't taken it yet but i hear the same thing, that ACE is not as difficult as NSCA and ACSM.

Wish I had more to offer

Best of luck to the OP

kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000) kevn594 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ehamrick530 View Post
    yeah i'm in the same boat, I haven't taken it yet but i hear the same thing, that ACE is not as difficult as NSCA and ACSM.

Wish I had more to offer

Best of luck to the OP
    I am already very knowledgable in the fitness industry and it took me 2 weeks of rereading the ACE OLDER manual and passed with flying colors.
    Growing like a weed

Originally Posted by kevn594 View Post
    I am already very knowledgable in the fitness industry and it took me 2 weeks of rereading the ACE OLDER manual and passed with flying colors.
    Any insight as to what the test will be like?

xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am taking the exam on tuesday the 22nd so I'll let you all know how it is! I was studying the 3rd edition, until I realized how different the newer edition is. having studied both, I have to say that the newer one is far superior in my opinion as far as the actual setting up of programs, etc.
    If at first you succeed, try something harder.

DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I didn't even have to study -- It's all logic. If you're not into health, anatomy, exercises, nutrition etc -- for the people who've never even stepped foot in the gym and want to train, those are the ones who need to study for ACE. I'm NCSA-CPT certified, this certificate was a lot tougher and you need to study -- I agree'd with everything I read in the books for NCSA. Check it out it's a good cert. If you're just starting out ACE is a good cert to get your foot in the gym door though.
    Last edited by DBee; 03-09-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Originally Posted by xyimmyx View Post
    I am taking the exam on tuesday the 22nd so I'll let you all know how it is! I was studying the 3rd edition, until I realized how different the newer edition is. having studied both, I have to say that the newer one is far superior in my opinion as far as the actual setting up of programs, etc.

Thanks man! Good luck!

Originally Posted by DBee View Post
    I didn't even have to study -- It's all logic. If you're not into health, anatomy, exercises, nutrition etc -- for the people who've never even stepped foot in the gym and want to train, those are the ones who need to study for ACE. I'm NCSA-CPT certified, this certificate was a lot tougher and you need to study -- I agree'd with everything I read in the books for NCSA. Check it out it's a good cert. If you're just starting out ACE is a good cert to get your foot in the gym door though.
    Thanks for the reply. Did you actually take the ACE test though? I'm an extremely logical person but if I had not studied, I definitely wouldn't have been prepared for questios, for instance, pertaining to blood flow throughout the heart. That's not really what I'm concerned with, though. Although I've decided to just suck it up and memorize all the nonsense, I was wondering if all the subjective material found in the Trainer Manuel comprised a decent amount of the test. Some example questions would be truly awesome.

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks man! Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. Did you actually take the ACE test though? I'm an extremely logical person but if I had not studied, I definitely wouldn't have been prepared for questios, for instance, pertaining to blood flow throughout the heart. That's not really what I'm concerned with, though. Although I've decided to just suck it up and memorize all the nonsense, I was wondering if all the subjective material found in the Trainer Manuel comprised a decent amount of the test. Some example questions would be truly awesome.
    yeah that part sucks (as well as all the other technical crap like VO2 max etc) but i don't think it counts for much of your total score in the end.

what i found surprising when i tested 5 years ago was the amount of questions towards the end which seemed to pertain more to actual hands on training experience (which i didn't have at the time) than anything that was actually in the manual, study guide or flash cards... i'm retesting soon since i didn't renew within 6 months last time, hopefully there won't be a lot of new things on there and my actual years of experience as a trainer will come in handy now.
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xyimmyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well I took the exam today. Passed! Easier than I though it was going to be. I would say that you definitley need to study up on the IFT 4 phase system that is discussed in the 4th edition. You are given 3 hours for the multiple choice and an hour for the simulation portion. That is more than enough time, I reviewed every question before submitting the exam and still finished the entire thing in just over 90 minutes.

ziggspeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziggspeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziggspeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziggspeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziggspeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziggspeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziggspeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziggspeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziggspeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziggspeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ziggspeed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well I took the exam today. Passed! Easier than I though it was going to be. I would say that you definitley need to study up on the IFT 4 phase system that is discussed in the 4th edition. You are given 3 hours for the multiple choice and an hour for the simulation portion. That is more than enough time, I reviewed every question before submitting the exam and still finished the entire thing in just over 90 minutes.
    nice job man! I too am curious about where the test material comes from though, is there much in the Personal trainer Manual book or is it the Physiology?

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Taking this test also next month. Mostly worried about their new training model since im studying out of the last edition

Thanks for the reply man. That's a little disheartening, though, because I find the whole IFT 4 Phase system rather subjective. Oh well. Just got done with manual- need to study 1 stack of about 100 fashcards once more, and then all of my flashcards (at least 1000) one final time. Good work!

edit- need to "spread some reps" before I can rep u again

as mentioned in another thread regarding the ACe exam, do not answer as you might want too, but rather what the ideal ACE-nerd would. For instance, there was a question about a client inquiring about nutritional advice, i frget exactly what it was, but it was a rather basic question, but probably outside of the "scope of practice", so instead of answering the answer that probably would be correct, I chose "advise the client to consult a registered dietician, as you are not qualified to answer this question". remember the risk factors coronary disease. They came up quite a few times. Not to many anatomy questions, but the ones that were on there seemed to be only about the hips, which i found odd.

chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000) chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000) chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000) chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000) chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000) chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000) chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000) chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000) chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000) chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000) chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The ACE exam has a lot of questions that deal with the relationship with you and your client and ways to positively motivate them. Also, I would look into purchasing practice simulations for the second part of the exam, that will help you out ALOT.
    ACE - CPT
    ACE - FNS
    NASM - CES
    KBC LVL 1

B.S. - Exercise Physiology

Jersey Crew 201

"Find what you love and let it kill you."

"You got a dream? You gotta protect it. When people can't do something themselves they want to tell you, you can't. If you want something, go get it. Period."

as mentioned in another thread regarding the ACe exam, do not answer as you might want too, but rather what the ideal ACE-nerd would. For instance, there was a question about a client inquiring about nutritional advice, i frget exactly what it was, but it was a rather basic question, but probably outside of the "scope of practice", so instead of answering the answer that probably would be correct, I chose "advise the client to consult a registered dietician, as you are not qualified to answer this question". remember the risk factors coronary disease. They came up quite a few times. Not to many anatomy questions, but the ones that were on there seemed to be only about the hips, which i found odd.
    Originally Posted by chillinn86 View Post
    The ACE exam has a lot of questions that deal with the relationship with you and your client and ways to positively motivate them. Also, I would look into purchasing practice simulations for the second part of the exam, that will help you out ALOT.

Test sounds extremely vague and subjective. Let me ask you guys, how intricate are the questions? For instance, would I need to know at what points during the Bruce Submaximal Test blood pressure is taken? I have about 1000 flashcards made up, most of which are as intricate as this. Am I going overboard? It sounds to me like most of the test is comprised of the IFT 4-Phase System and client relations. As far as the client relations questions go, am I going to have to know each step in "effective nonverbal communication", for instance ? There are a bunch of these ridiculous lists like this throughout the "Manual" that I have transferred to flashcrads. Necessary? Thanks again for the responses!

Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billbasch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im taking it soon as well ..not sure if i should be taking the crazy amount of notes that i take as i read the chapter ..How specific is the test?

Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Masu485 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    can anyone provide a rundown of the IFT model?

i am currently studying out of the 3rd edition, and believe the IFT is new. my exam is in 2 weeks and this is all i'm missing, hope it isn't too strenuous.

AngelaParker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    still trying to get a feel for the test

Is it going to be so intricate, for instance, that I would have to explain the step-by-step procedure of giving the "YMCA Bike Test"?

Anyone?
    Yes, you will but it's a pretty straight forward exam. It sounds like you ahve the study guide and as long as you use the prep materials they send with it, you should be fine.

blacknyte75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ACE Certification

Test sounds extremely vague and subjective. Let me ask you guys, how intricate are the questions? For instance, would I need to know at what points during the Bruce Submaximal Test blood pressure is taken? I have about 1000 flashcards made up, most of which are as intricate as this. Am I going overboard? It sounds to me like most of the test is comprised of the IFT 4-Phase System and client relations. As far as the client relations questions go, am I going to have to know each step in "effective nonverbal communication", for instance ? There are a bunch of these ridiculous lists like this throughout the "Manual" that I have transferred to flashcrads. Necessary? Thanks again for the responses!
    I am in the same boat as you. I'm studying for this exam. I think the most important thing you should concentrate on is actually KNOWING what you are studying instead of trying to memorize what you think is going to be on the exam. If you are in it just for the money...well good luck. But if you're entering the fitness industry for the love of it and helping others to achieve their fitness goals then you will be fine. Slow down, study everything, and your future clients will appreciate it.

hailkiply has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

October Duncan

Wonderfully!

Regards

alvodireto com]classificados gratis

hailkiply has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

newest Advanced

You will not prompt to me, where to me to learn more about it?

Regards

alvodireto com]anuncio gratis