cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Question Help me track down the cause of my Acne, please?

Hello all, Im 23.. I developed acne pretty bad when I was 16 or so.. it kinda cleared up alot when I was around 21 but it was still there.. I've always had it on my back but not very bad.

But now that I do alot of cardio and am sweating more Its starting to come back on my face and on my shoulders pretty bad.. It flared up as soon as I started sweating at the gym.
    To attain my goals Im going to have to be able to sweat but I'm wondering what I can do to help my face/bacne problem.. I tried exposed skincare on my face and it seemed to work pretty well so I may go back to that.. I've also tried Nizoral and the walmart generic proactiv and have not seen results.

On my face Its generally acne that seems like it is due to excess sebum, its not like a whitehead its just like dead skin or something semi solid that comes out. And it only happens on my neck generally..and usually only after I shave, once the hair comes back in it pretty much clears up.

On my shoulders it is def. excess sebum/ oil buildup. I can just feel how oily my shoulders are when I take my shirt off when I get home from work. (Automobile Technician)

So now on to a list of my habits that Im currently doing.. I am not on any PH, steroid. All I use is Preworkout and a protein supplement.

- I only eat organic products, I've eliminated all processed food from my diet.
    - I shower usually once a day at night before I go to bed - Should I shower when I wake up too?
    - I usually workout over my lunch break.. Im guessing I should probably try to shower afterward since I just got done sweating?
    -I change pillow cases, bedding weekly.
    -I've used a number of different soaps- I usally lather it in my hands and rub it onto my face for about 20 seconds with my hands. If I use a washcloth on my face it gets really dry.
    -On my back I have tried to scrub with a washcloth, axe detail tool, back brush and none of them seem to make a difference, I would assume because by time I get to cleaning Im too late since the oil ect. has been on my back for a few hours already.

I've read so many different opinions here that I feel like maybe someone will know a good place to start since my problem seems to be directly related to an abundance of oil/sebum.
    I dont think my insurance will cover a dermatologist visit so Accutane is probably out of the question. I've read that there is a number of different vitamins that can help, such as Vitamin A or B5 (Which was in Exposed skincares product that seemed to work). I believe I also read that too many carbs can be harmful?

Just looking for a good place to start, thanks for reading/helping!

Teach Me How to Dougie asianstyles's Avatar
    asianstyles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) asianstyles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) asianstyles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) asianstyles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) asianstyles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) asianstyles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) asianstyles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) asianstyles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) asianstyles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) asianstyles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) asianstyles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    cliffs?
    Not affiliated

cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavillac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Body produces too much oil/sebum in pores..

Looking for ways to control it without accutane.

ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ratmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    tan more and shower better.

rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Loofah w/ heavy grit sandpaper attachment for removal

as for prevention.. tanning is actually a decent idea. make sure you shower right after your workouts and stay hydrated. did you switch detergents or anything recently?

persephone1985 is just really nice. (+1000) persephone1985 is just really nice. (+1000) persephone1985 is just really nice. (+1000) persephone1985 is just really nice. (+1000) persephone1985 is just really nice. (+1000) persephone1985 is just really nice. (+1000) persephone1985 is just really nice. (+1000) persephone1985 is just really nice. (+1000) persephone1985 is just really nice. (+1000) persephone1985 is just really nice. (+1000) persephone1985 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cavillac View Post
    Hello all, Im 23.. I developed acne pretty bad when I was 16 or so.. it kinda cleared up alot when I was around 21 but it was still there.. I've always had it on my back but not very bad.

But now that I do alot of cardio and am sweating more Its starting to come back on my face and on my shoulders pretty bad.. It flared up as soon as I started sweating at the gym.
    To attain my goals Im going to have to be able to sweat but I'm wondering what I can do to help my face/bacne problem.. I tried exposed skincare on my face and it seemed to work pretty well so I may go back to that.. I've also tried Nizoral and the walmart generic proactiv and have not seen results.

On my face Its generally acne that seems like it is due to excess sebum, its not like a whitehead its just like dead skin or something semi solid that comes out. And it only happens on my neck generally..and usually only after I shave, once the hair comes back in it pretty much clears up.

On my shoulders it is def. excess sebum/ oil buildup. I can just feel how oily my shoulders are when I take my shirt off when I get home from work. (Automobile Technician)

So now on to a list of my habits that Im currently doing.. I am not on any PH, steroid. All I use is Preworkout and a protein supplement.

- I only eat organic products, I've eliminated all processed food from my diet.
    - I shower usually once a day at night before I go to bed - Should I shower when I wake up too?
    - I usually workout over my lunch break.. Im guessing I should probably try to shower afterward since I just got done sweating?
    -I change pillow cases, bedding weekly.
    -I've used a number of different soaps- I usally lather it in my hands and rub it onto my face for about 20 seconds with my hands. If I use a washcloth on my face it gets really dry.
    -On my back I have tried to scrub with a washcloth, axe detail tool, back brush and none of them seem to make a difference, I would assume because by time I get to cleaning Im too late since the oil ect. has been on my back for a few hours already.

I've read so many different opinions here that I feel like maybe someone will know a good place to start since my problem seems to be directly related to an abundance of oil/sebum.
    I dont think my insurance will cover a dermatologist visit so Accutane is probably out of the question. I've read that there is a number of different vitamins that can help, such as Vitamin A or B5 (Which was in Exposed skincares product that seemed to work). I believe I also read that too many carbs can be harmful?

Just looking for a good place to start, thanks for reading/helping!
    ok.. your showering habits!
    you should shower in the morning even though you shower at night because most people sweat while they sleep. Also, you should ALWAYS shower after you work out. When you work out in the afternoon and wait to shower until before you go to bed that sweat is sitting on your body for half the day! As far as washing and soap. I have oily skin as well and have the problem with certain soaps drying out my face... i call it my oily dry skin Try using two different soaps. Ivory would probably be your best bet for your back, but definitely not your face because it dries out your skin a lot. Try using dove moisturizing for your face. Also don't just use your hands your not getting all the dead skin and dirt and grime off you unless you use a washcloth, loofah, or something of that sort. Hope this helps ya
    Getting back on track :)

~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ~Hades~ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You have acne because your gf is cheating on you. Sorry you had you hear it this way, bro.
    Royals Crew
    Chiefs Crew
    Festivus Crew

Nlbell21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nlbell21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nlbell21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nlbell21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nlbell21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nlbell21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nlbell21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nlbell21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nlbell21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nlbell21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nlbell21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Try using a facewash with salycic acid in it. I used to pay $40 a month for proactiv and have had better results with a salycic acid wash that costs about $6 every 2 months. You can use it on your back as well as your face/neck.

chrsschb has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) chrsschb has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) chrsschb has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) chrsschb has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) chrsschb has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) chrsschb has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) chrsschb has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) chrsschb has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) chrsschb has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) chrsschb has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) chrsschb has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you have acne like I do, then accutane is the only thing I've ever used that worked. I've tried the particular wash schedules, different soaps, special diets, medicines, creams, proactiv, etc. None of it works. The crazy part is 1 year after being off accutane, I'm breaking out again. Hate it.
    || MFC || C7 Crew || Trance & Techno Crew ||

CraigMatthew is just really nice. (+1000) CraigMatthew is just really nice. (+1000) CraigMatthew is just really nice. (+1000) CraigMatthew is just really nice. (+1000) CraigMatthew is just really nice. (+1000) CraigMatthew is just really nice. (+1000) CraigMatthew is just really nice. (+1000) CraigMatthew is just really nice. (+1000) CraigMatthew is just really nice. (+1000) CraigMatthew is just really nice. (+1000) CraigMatthew is just really nice. (+1000)
    b5 works fairly well for me.
    Bachelor of Health Science - Majoring in Sports and Exercise (BHSc)
    Creator of http://www.myprotrainer.com.au

HADES IS IT REALLY YOU?!?!?!?

Anywhoo an update, I am currently using the walmart proactive with great success on my face, it has helped alot on my shoulders but has not cured it on my back like it has on my face. I also took advice and now shower three times a day, once when I wake up, then after I workout, then at night.

Im gonna try tanning soon and see how that does, I'm also going to try B5.. Exposed skincare products use it and it also cleared my face up but I never needed it on my body at the time since I wasnt sweating and this only happens when I sweat.