Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

My X-Factor Trial Run

As you know, Bill sent me two bottles to take and let everyone know how it went. I took my first dosage today, since I have only 2 bottles, and I want it to last 7 weeks, I am taking 4 pills a day. I will let everyone know, honestly, how it worked for me. Let's hope it works as well as Bill says!

On a side note: I have no affiliation with Bill, so my results will be objective and honest. I do not, nor have I ever, stir people toward sub-par supplements. I will not do so here either.

So, let's see what happens!

By the way Bill. Do you reccomened taking these 4 pills with food or on an empty stomach? Also, what time of day do you reccomened? Also, anything that would counteract with it?
    Last edited by Big H; 05-29-2003 at 04:56 PM.

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    By the way. This will not be a strictly controlled test, as Bill has already had those tests. This will be a regular consumer buying a product. How many "regular buyers" take the product in a controlled environment anyway? So this will be a 4 pills a day, coupled with a regular workout routine and good eating habits- what most people who want to get in shape have.

wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wasntme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Big H
    By the way. This will not be a strictly controlled test, as Bill has already had those tests. This will be a regular consumer buying a product. How many "regular buyers" take the product in a controlled environment anyway? So this will be a 4 pills a day, coupled with a regular workout routine and good eating habits- what most people who want to get in shape have.
    can we at least get a little background information. a picture would be great, maybe before and after. if not, could you at least tell us your stats. thanks.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear... And when it is gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear is gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain

Originally posted by wasntme
    can we at least get a little background information. a picture would be great, maybe before and after. if not, could you at least tell us your stats. thanks.
    Yes, I will tell you my stats and everything tomorrow. I will update them every week whilst I am on.

Ok. Unpumped

Height- 5'11

Weight- 204

Arms- 17.5

Chest- 46

Forearms-15

Quads- 27

Calves-17
    Last edited by Big H; 05-31-2003 at 03:18 PM.

jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jweave23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Definitely interested H. Are you taking any other supps (besides protein and the basics)?
    "Homebrewing is easier than my ex-girlfriend" - Kitchen Chemist

jweave23@cyber-rights.net

Originally posted by jweave23
    Definitely interested H. Are you taking any other supps (besides protein and the basics)?
    No. I was gonna start my PH's, but I will put those off until I am done with x-factor, so as to give it an accurate critique.

lakevillethor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No. I was gonna start my PH's, but I will put those off until I am done with x-factor, so as to give it an accurate critique.
    Good, monkey. I am glad to hear that it's gonna be objective; I look forward to the results.
    -AT

Originally posted by lakevillethor
    Good, monkey. I am glad to hear that it's gonna be objective; I look forward to the results.
    -AT
    Yeah me too. I figure if Bill has enough confidence in the product to send to a moderator, than he must really believe in it. Hopefully it'll be good!

Day 3, by the way, no changes yet..

MikeReid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah me too. I figure if Bill has enough confidence in the product to send to a moderator, than he must really believe in it. Hopefully it'll be good!

Day 3, by the way, no changes yet..
    Hope it does work as Bill is a good guy and has spent a lot of time on avantlabs site backing this product up. I am a little suspect of it, so I am very much glad that we have a knowledgeable person testing it.

SummusMentis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Big H -

why is it Bill chose you over everyone else here at more importantly the many at AL who volunteered to try this product from day one?

not trying to hint at anything, just wondering
    Et nunc, reges, intelligite, erudimini, qui judicati terram

If you wish to strive for peace of soul and pleasure, then believe; if you wish to be a devotee of truth, then inquire...

-Nietzsche

Originally posted by SummusMentis
    Big H -

why is it Bill chose you over everyone else here at more importantly the many at AL who volunteered to try this product from day one?

not trying to hint at anything, just wondering
    Cause I volunteered; I have a lot of clout; I'm not biased either way; I'm not on anything else; values my results; very confident.

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cause I volunteered; I have a lot of clout; I'm not biased either way; I'm not on anything else; values my results; very confident.
    excitedto hear the results

I wish bill would kindly answer the above questions...

BODYBUILDER / WARRIOR The Conqueror's Avatar
    The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Keep us posted Big H. It'll be nice to hear some real world results around all this hype.

Good luck bro,

MBowers
    The Celtic Conqueror
    Before you achieve victory in the war without. . .you must first master the warrior within. . . (The Conqueror)

The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war (Asian Proverb)

Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    O/T...BIG H...I like that signature, where'd it come from?

jdroks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    would not take it if you have asthma or arthritis or IFB

Thorax 2003 Jun;58(6):505-9 Related Articles, Links

Cysteinyl leukotrienes and 8-isoprostane in exhaled breath condensate of children with asthma exacerbations.

Baraldi E, Carraro S, Alinovi R, Pesci A, Ghiro L, Bodini A, Piacentini G, Zacchello F, Zanconato S.

Department of Pediatrics, University of Padova, Italy Department of Pediatrics, University of Verona, Italy Department of Clinical Medicine, Nephrology and Health Sciences, University of Parma, Italy.

BACKGROUND: Cysteinyl leukotrienes (Cys-LTs) and isoprostanes are inflammatory metabolites derived from arachidonic acid whose levels are increased in the airways of asthmatic patients. Isoprostanes are relatively stable and specific for lipid peroxidation, which makes them potentially reliable biomarkers for oxidative stress. A study was undertaken to evaluate the effect of a course of oral steroids on Cys-LT and 8-isoprostane levels in exhaled breath condensate of children with an asthma exacerbation. METHODS: Exhaled breath condensate was collected and fractional exhaled nitric oxide (FE(NO)) and spirometric parameters were measured before and after a 5 day course of oral prednisone (1 mg/kg/day) in 15 asthmatic children with an asthma exacerbation. Cys-LT and 8-isoprostane concentrations were measured using an enzyme immunoassay. FE(NO) was measured using a chemiluminescence analyser. Exhaled breath condensate was also collected from 10 healthy children. RESULTS: Before prednisone treatment both Cys-LT and 8-isoprostane concentrations were higher in asthmatic subjects (Cys-LTs, 12.7 pg/ml (IQR 5.4-15.6); 8-isoprostane, 12.0 pg/ml (9.4-29.5)) than in healthy children (Cys-LTs, 4.3 pg/ml (2.0-5.7), p=0.002; 8-isoprostane, 2.6 pg/ml (2.1-3.0), p<0.001). After prednisone treatment there was a significant decrease in both Cys-LT (5.2 pg/ml (3.9-8.8), p=0.005) and 8-isoprostane (8.4 pg/ml (5.4-11.6), p=0.04) concentrations, but 8-isoprostane levels remained higher than in controls (p<0.001). FE(NO) levels, which fell significantly after prednisone treatment (p<0.001), did not correlate significantly with either Cys-LT or 8-isoprostane concentrations. CONCLUSION: After a 5 day course of oral prednisone there is a reduction in Cys-LT and 8-isoprostane levels in EBC of children with an asthma exacerbation, although 8-isoprostane levels remain higher than in controls. This finding suggests that corticosteroids may not be fully effective in reducing oxidative stress in children with an exacerbation of asthma.

Proc Nutr Soc 2002 Aug;61(3):345-58 Related Articles, Links

Dietary modification of inflammation with lipids.

Calder PC.

Institute of Human Nutrition, University of Southampton, Bassett Crescent East, UK. pcc@soton.ac.uk

The n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) are found in high proportions in oily fish and fish oils. The n-3 PUFA are structurally and functionally distinct from the n-6 PUFA. Typically, human inflammatory cells contain high proportions of the n-6 PUFA arachidonic acid and low proportions of n-3 PUFA. The significance of this difference is that arachidonic acid is the precursor of 2-series prostaglandins and 4-series leukotrienes, which are highly-active mediators of inflammation. Feeding fish oil results in partial replacement of arachidonic acid in inflammatory cell membranes by EPA. This change leads to decreased production of arachidonic acid-derived mediators. This response alone is a potentially beneficial anti-inflammatory effect of n-3 PUFA. However, n-3 PUFA have a number of other effects which might occur downstream of altered eicosanoid production or might be independent of this activity. For example, animal and human studies have shown that dietary fish oil results in suppressed production of pro-inflammatory cytokines and can decrease adhesion molecule expression. These effects occur at the level of altered gene expression. This action might come about through antagonism of the effects of arachidonic acid-derived mediators or through more direct actions on the intracellular signalling pathways which lead to activation of transcription factors such as nuclear factor kappa B (NFB). Recent studies have shown that n-3 PUFA can down regulate the activity of the nuclear transcription factor NFB. Fish oil feeding has been shown to ameliorate the symptoms in some animal models of chronic inflammatory disease and to protect against the effects of endotoxin and similar inflammatory challenges. Clinical studies have reported that oral fish oil supplementation has beneficial effects in rheumatoid arthritis and among some patients with asthma, supporting the idea that the n-3 PUFA in fish oil are anti-inflammatory. There are indications that inclusion of n-3 PUFA in enteral and parenteral formulas might be beneficial to patients in intensive care or post-surgery.

Drugs 1987;33 Suppl 1:10-7 Related Articles, Links

The role of arachidonic acid metabolites in local and systemic inflammatory processes.

Austen KF.

Leukotrienes are synthesised from arachidonic acid via the 5-lipoxygenase pathway in neutrophils, eosinophils, monocytes/macro****es, basophils and certain mast cell populations. Their synthesis is closely regulated by several known factors and the cells which contain 5-lipoxygenase do not all possess the capability to synthesise all of the leukotrienes. Neutrophils produce leukotriene B4, which attracts other neutrophils, whereas the leukotriene C4, produced by eosinophils, increases the contractile activity of smooth muscle. Monocytes/macro****es are able to produce both of these leukotrienes. Receptor sites for leukotriene B4 have been identified on monocytes and neutrophils and receptors for leukotriene D4, a cleavage product of leukotriene C4, have been defined in pulmonary tissue. In animals, sulphidopeptide leukotrienes have been shown to cause potent vasoconstriction resulting in increased blood pressure and increased vascular permeability leading to hypovolaemia. These leukotrienes also depress renal (in animals) and pulmonary (in animals and humans) function, the latter probably as a result of effects on peripheral rather than central airways. In patients with mild asthma, however, there is no differential activity of this type. The sulphidopeptide leukotrienes caused wheal and flare when administered intradermally in healthy volunteers, which was of considerably longer duration than that induced by prostaglandin D2. Conversely, leukotriene B4 caused accumulation of neutrophils in the absence of wheal and flare. Studies into the effects of dietary fish oil showed that 2 constituents, docosahexanoic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), inhibit the conversion of arachidonic acid by cyclo-oxygenase, but not by 5-lipoxygenase. Furthermore, 5-lipoxygenase converts EPA to a pentene series of leukotrienes and the sulphidopeptide derivatives possess similar activity to their tetrameric counterparts.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)

and dont take with aspirin

1: Clin Exp Dermatol 2003 Mar;28(2):123-7 Related Articles, Links

Aspirin sensitivity and urticaria.

Grattan CE.

Dermatology Centre, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Norwich, UK. clive.grattan@nnuh.nhs.uk

The relationship of aspirin sensitivity to urticaria is complex. Aspirin sensitivity can cause acute urticaria in some individuals, aggravate pre-existing chronic urticaria in others or, rarely, act as a cofactor with food or exercise to provoke anaphylaxis. Individuals who react with urticaria appear to come from a different population to those who react with asthma, although there is some overlap. Aspirin-sensitive chronic urticaria patients may also react adversely to some food additives. The pharmacological mechanisms of aspirin-sensitive urticaria are not fully understood but probably involve diversion of arachidonic acid metabolism from prostaglandin to cysteinyl leukotriene formation leading to direct effects on blood vessels and delayed mast cell degranulation with release of histamine. Cross-reactivity amongst all nonsteroidal drugs is common in aspirin-aggravated chronic urticaria but appears not to occur with selective cyclo-oxygenase 2 inhibitors.

Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Uh, Big H sorry to come into this late and all but what exactly are you testin out? Is it Juice, PH, MRP, protein supplements?
    Also is it a bulk cycle, cutting cycle, or both? Is there information bout this on a site with plenty of details?

canadaguyeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadaguyeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadaguyeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadaguyeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadaguyeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadaguyeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    He's testing out X-Factor by Molecular Nutrition, do a search and you'll find a good thread.

Originally posted by Baumer
    O/T...BIG H...I like that signature, where'd it come from?
    I just wrote it.. Thanks

And I don't have asthma or arthritis

buffjerseyguy

can you drink on x-factor

anyone know if you can have an occasional drink on this stuff... summer is coming

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: can you drink on x-factor

Originally posted by buffjerseyguy
    anyone know if you can have an occasional drink on this stuff... summer is coming
    Depends whether it is chilled or on the rocks.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

canadaguyeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadaguyeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadaguyeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadaguyeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadaguyeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadaguyeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Big H

Are you sticking with the 4 pills a day, or are you doing a "loading" phase for the first week? I've done some searches and haven't found that much information about dosing, and that which I have found is very vague,,,even on Bill's part.

ThemoLife Alter Ego SupaNatural's Avatar
    SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I just wrote it.. Thanks
    He's a poet, and don't even know it... or... um... he does?

It's been one week. Nothing yet, but Bill acknowledged it would take a few weeks before results were noticed. I'll keep you posted. No change in the stats.

nightop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Big H, could you give us some specifics as to your training routine please, I'm curious.

I have a five day split. I switch the days around constantly, but they are something like this:

Monday- Chest
    Tuesday- Legs
    Wed- Arms
    Thursday- Shoulders
    Friday- Back/traps

okay, thanks. what kind of loads and things like that? how many reps short of failure, etc..?

the reason I ask is because I would imagine that x-factor results would be more quickly noticable if working closing to failure and/or increasing volume, etc... just a guess, could be way off.

Originally posted by nightop
    okay, thanks. what kind of loads and things like that? how many reps short of failure, etc..?

the reason I ask is because I would imagine that x-factor results would be more quickly noticable if working closing to failure and/or increasing volume, etc... just a guess, could be way off.
    I usually keep my reps around 4-8. Going to near-failure on all them.

okay, thank you.