acchoi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Difference between Sugar alcohol and Sugar?

Is sugar alcohol and sugar basically the same thing? Or is Sugar alcohol better? This is for fat loss btw. I saw a protein bar where it says ONLY 5 GRAMS OF SUGAR. But when i looked at the facts, it says 20 g of sugar alcohol....
    thanx bros

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you want explosive diarhea, the sugar alcohol is better.

FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by acchoi View Post
    Is sugar alcohol and sugar basically the same thing? Or is Sugar alcohol better? This is for fat loss btw. I saw a protein bar where it says ONLY 5 GRAMS OF SUGAR. But when i looked at the facts, it says 20 g of sugar alcohol....
    thanx bros
    The diffenece is Sugar is carb counted and sugar alcohol is not, the science behind it is the alcohols are broke down from the table sugar to eliminate the glycemic factor but is usually mixed with asparthme for sweetness.

acchoi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FAE.GMP View Post
    The diffenece is Sugar is carb counted and sugar alcohol is not, the science behind it is the alcohols are broke down from the table sugar to eliminate the glycemic factor but is usually mixed with asparthme for sweetness.
    coool. but i dont understand the science. is sugar alcohol okay to eat on a cut?

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The term “sugar alcohol” is very misleading because they are neither sugars nor alcohols. Rather, they get their name from their unique chemical structure, which resembles both sugar and alcohol.

In fact, sugar alcohols are a type of carbohydrate that sweetens foods, but with half the calories of sugar.

There are several specific types of sugar alcohols (usually ending with the letters "-ol") such as:

* Erythritol
    * Hydrogenated starch hydrolysates
    * I****lt
    * Lactitol
    * Maltitol
    * Mannitol
    * Sorbitol
    * Xylitol

As long as you don't have an adverse reaction (such as diarrhea) and the inclusion is consistant with your target macro nutrients, then you can include them on a cut, bulk or when maintaining.

FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FAE.GMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    The term “sugar alcohol” is very misleading because they are neither sugars nor alcohols. Rather, they get their name from their unique chemical structure, which resembles both sugar and alcohol.

In fact, sugar alcohols are a type of carbohydrate that sweetens foods, but with half the calories of sugar.

There are several specific types of sugar alcohols (usually ending with the letters "-ol") such as:

* Erythritol
    * Hydrogenated starch hydrolysates
    * I****lt
    * Lactitol
    * Maltitol
    * Mannitol
    * Sorbitol
    * Xylitol

As long as you don't have an adverse reaction (such as diarrhea) and the inclusion is consistant with your target macro nutrients, then you can include them on a cut, bulk or when maintaining.
    The reason it's called alcohol is because it is ( reduced ) form of a carb. The reason it's called a sugar is because the carb it's reduced from is not a starch or grain.

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The reason it's called alcohol is because it is ( reduced ) form of a carb. The reason it's called a sugar is because the carb it's reduced from is not a starch or grain.
    Sugar alcohols have the general formula H(HCHO)n+1H, whereas sugars have H(HCHO)nHCO. They are a hydrogenated form of a carbohydrate, whose carbonyl group (aldehyde or ketone) has been reduced to a primary or secondary hydroxyl group (hence the alcohol).

I was trying to make the underlying concept understandable.

Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sugar alcohols have the general formula H(HCHO)n+1H, whereas sugars have H(HCHO)nHCO. They are a hydrogenated form of a carbohydrate, whose carbonyl group (aldehyde or ketone) has been reduced to a primary or secondary hydroxyl group (hence the alcohol).

Very impressive. Repped.

Ok we agree. I'm writing it so anyone can understand it and your writng it as a school project. That formula is different because it's a showing of the reduce formula. I don't care to argue so I'm done with this.

sugar alcohols are safe to eat while dieting.

Ok we agree. ... I don't care to argue so I'm done with this.
    You agree with me and you don't care to argue with me so you're done??? I guess I know why you're in the red.

You agree with me and you don't care to argue with me so you're done??? I guess I know why you're in the red.
    I don't know what that means by in the red, but you are repeating what I am saying only your trying to look smart by using words of chemicals and formulas that people don't know. I'm trying to speak as the person asking the question doesn't know because thats why he asked to begin with. Even what you copy and posted from wikipedia repeats what I said, it is a reduced carb. There's nothing to argue over thats why I do not engage over this stuff. I'm going out of my way now because your trying to make me sound bad but now that I have cleared that maybe we can discuss over something else on another thread some other time.

paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Cool

its not just water weight Webber91's Avatar
    Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you are following a keto type diet, they are a good way to add sweetness to foods since they have no effect on blood sugar levels. If you aren't trying to control your blood sugar however, don't worry, they still have calories so just count them in.

I wouldn't overdo it though, they can give you the runs like crazy if you have too much.

Diabetic Body Builder Trevor1900's Avatar
    Trevor1900 is just really nice. (+1000) Trevor1900 is just really nice. (+1000) Trevor1900 is just really nice. (+1000) Trevor1900 is just really nice. (+1000) Trevor1900 is just really nice. (+1000) Trevor1900 is just really nice. (+1000) Trevor1900 is just really nice. (+1000) Trevor1900 is just really nice. (+1000) Trevor1900 is just really nice. (+1000) Trevor1900 is just really nice. (+1000) Trevor1900 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by acchoi View Post
    thanx bros
    check it out
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sugar+alcohol+vs+sugar

I don't know what that means by in the red...
    It means your reputation is negative. Just look at one of your posts and see the red squares.

And I can surely see why you're in the red.