PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just bought Fat Gripz, are they a substitute for an axle bar?

Would Fat Gripz be a good substitute for an axle bar? I train at home and really want to get in some fat bar training!

koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PearlSoap View Post
    Would Fat Gripz be a good substitute for an axle bar? I train at home and really want to get in some fat bar training!
    In a pinch, sure. But it would depend on what type of bar you used it with. Most olympic/PL bars have collars that rotate (so the plates can rotate independently of the bar), where an axle bar does not rotate.
    314/231/352/881@123

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    They make my 29mm bar over 2 1/2 inches, so actually thicker than a lot of axles.
    Plus you can fit them to anything, machines, cables, dumbbells, for assistance work. I use mine a fair bit for that.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 22

PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Essexlad View Post
    They make my 29mm bar over 2 1/2 inches, so actually thicker than a lot of axles.
    Plus you can fit them to anything, machines, cables, dumbbells, for assistance work. I use mine a fair bit for that.
    Thanks bro, yeah I am sure they will be awesome to use, so what is this that axle bars don't rotate? I can see that being pretty harsh on the joints, why do people use axle bars regularly in training?? Fat Gripz, what exercises are they useful for? So far I am thinking power cleans?

koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) koyongi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PearlSoap View Post
    Thanks bro, yeah I am sure they will be awesome to use, so what is this that axle bars don't rotate? I can see that being pretty harsh on the joints, why do people use axle bars regularly in training?? Fat Gripz, what exercises are they useful for? So far I am thinking power cleans?
    I don't think you'll find many people that use axle bars "regularly" in training, but they are a good variant for different pressing exercises (or pulling, if you're a true glutton for punishment). They make cleans MUCH more difficult.
    314/231/352/881@123

Originally Posted by koyongi View Post
    I don't think you'll find many people that use axle bars "regularly" in training, but they are a good variant for different pressing exercises (or pulling, if you're a true glutton for punishment). They make cleans MUCH more difficult.
    Yes I can imagine the cleans being hard to do, grip wise. Presses and Rows should be awesome with them, would be kinda scary!

StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I used to use the fatgripz until I purchased my grip4orce grips a few month back. Both have there benefits but the G4 grips added tension really isolates that grip. I like the fatgrips on my pushing exercises, they seem to help out my elbows. But most of the time I use the grip4orce on arm exercises and most pulling moments.

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by koyongi View Post
    I don't think you'll find many people that use axle bars "regularly" in training,
    I do, at least since last june I have. You're right though, I never saw one until I started training strongman events. One of the guys I train with made a few axles with tires attached. Pretty cool, IMHO...

Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    I do, at least since last june I have. You're right though, I never saw one until I started training strongman events. One of the guys I train with made a few axles with tires attached. Pretty cool, IMHO...

You look awesome! What do you do for a living, seems like a nice area and a nice guy to match!

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by StrongHarris View Post
    I used to use the fatgripz until I purchased my grip4orce grips a few month back. Both have there benefits but the G4 grips added tension really isolates that grip. I like the fatgrips on my pushing exercises, they seem to help out my elbows. But most of the time I use the grip4orce on arm exercises and most pulling moments.
    I agree grip4orce is one of the best pieces of lifting equipment I ever bought. It only took about two months to get my grip strength up enough to do the same weight and reps on rows and such w and w/o the grips. They make pushing exercises easier on my joints too.