iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10) iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10) iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10) iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10) iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10) iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10) iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10) iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10) iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10) iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10) iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb ITT: I Turn My Life Around

Hey BB.com,

My entire life I've been nothing but ordinary. I've always wanted to be more. I'm average in everything that I do, and I don't do a lot. I am a college junior, accounting major, making mediocre grades. I play Halo way too much, and I'm only average in that. I've been working out on and off (mostly on) for the past year, but my bench press is still only 135.

I try to eat right, but it doesn't work out well for more than a day or two. I try to study hard, but I lack the motivation to keep at it for more than 10 minutes. I have a girlfriend of almost three years, and I love her very very much. I don't want to be the average, boring accountant with the average, boring personality and the average, boring life.

So here is my thread. I am going to post things that happen in my life often in the hopes that my manifesto will change things. I will be less than average. Here are the things that I specifically am going to try and do within the next year:

Get straight A's Spring semester 2010 (already not happening Fall)
    Don't play Halo anywhere near as much, or only on the weekends
    Bench 200lbs for five reps
    Get that six pack that I've always dreamed of
    Whiten my teeth
    Make $25,000 by October 2011
    Trade in my car (Jeep Liberty) for something nicer
    Eat healthier, eat smarter
    Get my supplement company up and running
    Land an accounting internship so I have something to put on my resume
    Scale the bouldering wall on campus
    Run a sub six-minute mile
    Re-organize and rethink my life
    Make my girlfriend the happiest girl in the world
    Have 10,000 rep power on BB.com
    Get rid of my face/chest acne

Starting now, things change. Wish me luck, and feel free to subscribe and follow along. There will be stories, pics, videos, and other things to gaze at while you follow me on my journey. Hopefully it will be a successful one. Time to be something more than average.

-iLive
    Last edited by iLive; 10-24-2010 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Added acne to the list.

brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000) brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000) brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000) brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000) brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000) brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000) brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000) brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000) brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000) brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000) brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    1st, and best of luck! You've got some great goals, attach yourself to them and always keep them in sight!
    Do not pray for an easier life, instead pray to be a stronger man

I do not want to become stronger, faster, or better. I want to become the strongest, the fastest, and the best.

Someone once told me not to bite off more than I could chew. I said I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity.

B.S. Biology Class of 2011

jaycee77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaycee77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaycee77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaycee77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaycee77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaycee77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaycee77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaycee77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaycee77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaycee77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaycee77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck man!

coke and hookers? IIFYM Verbalcody's Avatar
    Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I love this attitude. You can do it man, easy peazy... well maybe not the straight A's I was also a life long school slacker and even still the courses I take online I just cant be bothered to work hard just show up and pass the tests haha

But yeah, you can meet all the other ones!

jordo42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordo42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordo42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordo42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordo42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordo42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordo42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordo42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordo42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordo42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jordo42 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bro good luck with your goals and dont take your eyes off of them. you can achieve any one of them as long as you put it in the effort and stay dedicated.
    Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.

iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10) iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10) iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10) iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10) iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10) iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10) iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10) iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10) iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10) iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10) iLive is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you guys for all of your fast support already! It means a lot. So here's an overview of my five classes this semester:

Management (10:10-11:00 MWF): No role is taken, so I typically skip this class if I don't have a presentation, a test review, a test, or a paper to turn in. I'm making B's and C's on the exams right now without cracking the book open and just using the textbook website. We have five APA 3-page papers to do over the course of the semester to do on our own time. I've done one, have another one almost done, and the semester is over halfway through. I definitely need to shape up.

Marketing (2:30-3:45 MW): This guy allowed us five excused absences over the semester. I've taken six already. Gotta get on the ball with this one. Did a long presentation in there that represented 20% of our grades and got the only A in the class, though. But I've got a huge (6,000 word, 16-single-spaced page) written exam due tomorrow that I'm halfway through and procrastinated about for two weeks. So I'm going to spend most of the day on that. Wish me luck, as I've never studied nonstop for more than 15 minutes.

Accounting (9:30-10:45 TR): This one relates to my major the most. I'm doing OK in there... have a B I think. But I want an A. Have an exam Tuesday that I haven't studied at all for yet. Big mistake on my part, so I'll be spending some of today and most of tomorrow afternoon on that. The class isn't bad, lots of numbers, but hard to grasp sometimes.

Finance (11:00-12:15 TR): Skipped this class way too much. It's becoming a problem, especially because I'm the only non-senior in there and I'm very far behind. Have to get on the ball bigtime with this. Making a B or a C in here, and I need to pull it up, this almost more than others.

CIS (2:05-3:20): Piece of cake. Excel and Access 101 basically. This class is a joke. Making an A, keeping an A. Period.

More to come about other categories of my life I'm trying to change. Keep the words of encouragement up, they really help. Thanks.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128516303 <-Subscribe

Trying to be more than average.

bcwheels2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcwheels2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcwheels2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcwheels2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcwheels2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcwheels2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcwheels2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcwheels2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcwheels2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcwheels2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcwheels2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck bro! I've been wanting to do the same thing for a long time and just kind find the time or motivation. YOU just motivated me! thanks again man!!

Originally Posted by bcwheels2 View Post
    Good luck bro! I've been wanting to do the same thing for a long time and just kind find the time or motivation. YOU just motivated me! thanks again man!!
    Glad to hear it!

I'm going to start a workout routine at the gym today that will hopefully build strength and muscle. It also incorporates a good ab routine as well, to get those abdominals finally showing. Went to Earthfare today to get some healthy food options, so I can start eating a lot healthier soon.

I'm also going to be creating a new Xbox Live account to get a better K/D ratio in Halo. I think one of my big problems was constantly playing in the hopes of raising my ratio instead of playing little but playing smart. That is what I'll be doing on this newer account.

I'll report back with results from my workout. That paper I was talking about is almost done. 14 pages single spaced. Beast mode paper at its best.

kyl3williams is on a distinguished road. (+10) kyl3williams is on a distinguished road. (+10) kyl3williams is on a distinguished road. (+10) kyl3williams is on a distinguished road. (+10) kyl3williams is on a distinguished road. (+10) kyl3williams is on a distinguished road. (+10) kyl3williams is on a distinguished road. (+10) kyl3williams is on a distinguished road. (+10) kyl3williams is on a distinguished road. (+10) kyl3williams is on a distinguished road. (+10) kyl3williams is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think more people should be taking a challange like this, I dont understand how some people can live the way they do. Most people would rather spend there days procrastinating and making excuses rather than spending the same amount of effort making there lives better. I'm Glad you are doing this and iI really hope you stick with it, Ill be checking up on this thread For personal motivation.

Thanks

Originally Posted by kyl3williams View Post
    I think more people should be taking a challange like this, I dont understand how some people can live the way they do. Most people would rather spend there days procrastinating and making excuses rather than spending the same amount of effort making there lives better. I'm Glad you are doing this and iI really hope you stick with it, Ill be checking up on this thread For personal motivation.

Thanks
    Thank you for your response and well wishes, and I appreciate the check-in.

Sunday evening's the best time to go to our campus gym, seriously. I weighed in before my workout at 180.5, down a pound since the last time I weighed myself about three days ago prior to bouldering.

I did a pretty good workout. Low weight, that's for sure, but everyone's got to start somewhere. Here's what I did:

Standing preacher curl: 60lbs 2x10
    Hammer curl: 15lb dumbbells 2x10
    Incline dumbbell curl: 20lb dumbbells 2x10
    Decline sit-ups: 2x10 w/ 25lb plate
    Hanging knee raises: 2x10
    Dumbbell incline press: 20lb dumbbells 2x10
    Decline Close-grip bench press: 45lb (bar) 2x10

Not the most amazing workout, but that's why I need your help. Let me know what I can do to improve. What other exercises can I do to get more... aesthetic?

Got that paper done. 15 single-spaced pages, 5900 words. Was pretty beast mode. I also took a look at the acne.org regimen per PM request/suggestion, which I am extremely thankful for. I also bookmarked Franchise16's teeth whitening thread for motivation on that front.

Got an Accounting test Tuesday to study for, but first I think I'll skim the Misc for a bit.

Registered User TheHeirApparent's Avatar
    TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lol'd at rep power...people really take it that serious?
    Point the biggest skeptic out, I'll make him a believer.

R.I.P. Koloseum Gym

LOG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131240113

TheCokeBaron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheCokeBaron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheCokeBaron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheCokeBaron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheCokeBaron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheCokeBaron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheCokeBaron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheCokeBaron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheCokeBaron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheCokeBaron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheCokeBaron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by iLive View Post

Get straight A's Spring semester 2010 (already not happening Fall)
    Don't play Halo anywhere near as much, or only on the weekends
    Bench 200lbs for five reps
    Get that six pack that I've always dreamed of
    Whiten my teeth
    Make $25,000 by October 2011
    Trade in my car (Jeep Liberty) for something nicer
    Eat healthier, eat smarter
    Get my supplement company up and running
    Land an accounting internship so I have something to put on my resume
    Scale the bouldering wall on campus
    Run a sub six-minute mile
    Re-organize and rethink my life
    Make my girlfriend the happiest girl in the world
    Have 10,000 rep power on BB.com
    Get rid of my face/chest acne

Starting now, things change. Wish me luck, and feel free to subscribe and follow along. There will be stories, pics, videos, and other things to gaze at while you follow me on my journey. Hopefully it will be a successful one. Time to be something more than average.

-iLive
    Some tips for you:

First check out this thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...t=man+thinketh

For school, that is up to you. Put time aside for studying and just do it! It can be done! I am working on it myself.

For the less Halo goal, again, that is just willpower. Just do it!

For the six pack, it will be about cutting down if you have excess fat and about building the muscle. This is a bodybuilding site, you should have no trouble finding out the information, again, it is just hard work.

Whitening teeth: Do not buy anything from stores, they are all weak crap. Go on eBay and buy ACP Day White 38% and a putty mouth tray. It is what dentists use and it will work within 1-2 weeks and get your teeth damn white. Maximum strength.

Eating healthier and smarter, well you just have to realize that what may not necessarily taste good will be good for your body. You only have one body so treat it well and it will treat you well.

For the 10K rep goal, I suggest venturing over to the misc and either making witty or helpful posts or posting ******** pictures.

For acne, see a dermatologist, don't mess with the OTC stuff. I used the benzyl peroxide all strengths, salicylic acid washes, etc. and none of it worked even close to as well as the antibiotics the doctor prescribed. Have had a clean face since then.

Also some random tips, get a good multivitamin, fish oil, and read "As A Man Thinketh" and good luck!

Wow thank you TheCokeBaron! I just spent the past hour since I've been awake reading through the links on the thread you mentioned. Very helpful stuff. I'd rep you, but it wouldn't mean anything right now at my stage.

Yesterday went well. Went to my Management class after a full 8 hours of sleep and presented with a group member Human Resource Management, blew it out of the water. Restarted my Gamertag after that, and started playing smart Halo, a few games of it, instead of dozens of games of quick, dirty Halo every day. Worked out well. I'm ShallowSeconds, add me if you'd like.

That afternoon I went to Marketing and turned in my 18-page, 6,500-word behemoth. Most people had written seven pages. I go above and beyond. He took the tests, talked to us for a few minutes, and let us go an hour early. I went back to the dorm and studied for my accounting exam that I have in 30 minutes.

Cleared some things up with a friend, so got the stress from that off of my back. Haven't been able to really leave much to go get the whitening stuff, so I've just been brushing after each meal, flossing twice daily, and using Listerine Zero in the morning and before bed (that stuff works wonders and tastes so amazing).

Did some bouldering last night as well. Worked out great, and my friend Joe and I realized that, while we were the only ones climbing in running shoes instead of actual climbing shoes, our strength and agility allowed us to get further up the wall than anyone else the half hour we were there climbing. Feltgoodman.mpeg. Still trying for certain things on the wall. Very close, but not quite there yet.

Also did a smaller workout on the legs, consisting of squats, box jumps, leg presses, and a few other exercises. We've got an 1/8 mile raised track in our gym, so I sprinted a lap/walked a lap pairs for a mile as well. All in all the day went well.

I also ate pretty healthily for a college campus experience. Instead of a pizza bagel at Einstein's, I instead grabbed an asparagus mushroom swiss egg white sandwich on an Asiago bagel. Twas amazing.

Got to get going for my Accounting final, wish me luck! Finance after that, way ahead in CIS, so skipping that today in favor of a much needed nap.

-iLive

Stay Motivated Every Day! beazy22's Avatar
    beazy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beazy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beazy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beazy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beazy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beazy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beazy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beazy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beazy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beazy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beazy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    congrats and good luck sir!