TRTraining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TRTraining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TRTraining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TRTraining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TRTraining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TRTraining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TRTraining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TRTraining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TRTraining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TRTraining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TRTraining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Drop Sets, Forced Reps, Supersets, and Partial Reps

This methods have been proven to break plateaus and up intensity of the workouts? Why is good reason not because its "cheating" which makes no sense do people hate on this method?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamRippedTraining?feature=mhum

Registered User perpendicularis's Avatar
    perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perpendicularis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It is hated on because many people focus on these things at the expense of focusing on progression with straight sets which has greater importance. Intensifier techniques are successfully used occasionally but you should not have the desert before the dinner.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by perpendicularis View Post
    It is hated on because many people focus on these things at the expense of focusing on progression with straight sets which has greater importance. Intensifier techniques are successfully used occasionally but you should not have the desert before the dinner.
    keeeee-rect!

they are advanced techniques and most people on this forum do not really need them yet: they are tricks, to fool the body, when you have reached close to maximum levels of weight that you will be able to handle properly in certain movements...

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by TRTraining View Post
    This methods have been proven to break plateaus and up intensity of the workouts? Why is good reason not because its "cheating" which makes no sense do people hate on this method?
    Strong command of the English language.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do a little of each in every work out, and really like them. They have a place when you do them properly and in moderation.

Drop sets are a favorite of mine for my very last set of a bodypart, and then almost only on isolation exercises. Big fan of doing these for calf raises, leg extensions/curls, pushdowns, etc. Basically, they help me get the very last bit of effort at the end of a workout.

Forced Reps I prefer on large, compound movements at the beginning of a workout, and only on the last set of the movement. Bench press, Leg Press (little push w/ the hands), Pull ups (have someone hold my feet). I don't do these on squats very often, only b/c it's so awkward to get help in that position.

Supersets I typically do with antagonist muscles, or as pre-exhaust. A few times a year, I do a volume training cycle, and one of my favorite parts is bicep/tricep supersets. 10 sets back and forth with something like incline curls/incline French press or cable curls/pushdowns. I do this more for lactic acid tolerance than growth.

As a pre-exhaust technique, I like it for legs the best. I'll superset something like leg extensions with leg press. By tiring my quads, it forces my glutes and hams to work a little harder. I tend to be quad dominant, and it leads to hip problems. This seems to help keep me stay in better balance.

I rarely do partial reps, I'd rather do negatives.

terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just another tool in the workout arsenal. As stated, when done correctly by advanced lifters they have there place. If used improperly or without the understanding of fundimentals they can just as easily have the oppisite effect.

im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    you aint' cheatin' you aint' tryin'