Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Necrodox View Post
    Amazing dude, really nice I honestly want to achieve JUST THAT!

I really am not big into cardio though, I push myself above and beyond when working out and try and do everything I can.

I switched up my workout to a more bulk based workout with 8-10 reps, four exercises per body group. Do you think cardio is necessary? I'm currently on a 1000-1200 calorie deficit, before I was eating our 2000 calories of healthy foods and what not but I was getting fatter, I was gaining weight so I quickly stopped that.

I'm going to continue eating healthy meats, veggies, fruits and what not just at a much smaller amount.

Once again I bring myself to my previous question, is cardio necessary? If so, do you have an example cardio workout you particularly like to do?

For fat loss I can not say 100% that cardio is necessary, but what I can say is that it will speed up the process and make it easier. Especially if you have hit a plateau.

another note, your stats say you are 6'1'' and are 165lbs. How are you fat. In order for you to be fat you can not possibly have much muscle at all. You should definitely work on increasing a good foundation of muscle. Eat clean but slowly increase your calories about 500 over maintenance.

However if I am totally wrong and fat loss is still your goal then with a 1200 deficit you should be losing regardless of your work out.

I would need to know everything in order to determine why you are not losing weight. Things like how long you have been dieting, what you are eating, if you are truly eating in a deficit. Sometimes people think they are but really arent.

A friend of mine makes horrible meal choices and for the life of him can not understand why the meal is a poor choice and why he is not losing weight. I literally have to explain to him that just because its chicken doesnt mean that the chicken parmesean with sauce, breading and cheese is good for fat loss. He doesnt get it. but some never will.

If you are in a calorie deficit you should be losing weight unless you have hit a plateau or there is something we don't know about. Be totally honest about everything and lets see what we can do to get you the results you want.

take care.

cvisalli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great transformation!

Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jessenreed View Post
    For fat loss I can not say 100% that cardio is necessary, but what I can say is that it will speed up the process and make it easier. Especially if you have hit a plateau.

another note, your stats say you are 6'1'' and are 165lbs. How are you fat. In order for you to be fat you can not possibly have much muscle at all. You should definitely work on increasing a good foundation of muscle. Eat clean but slowly increase your calories about 500 over maintenance.

However if I am totally wrong and fat loss is still your goal then with a 1200 deficit you should be losing regardless of your work out.

I would need to know everything in order to determine why you are not losing weight. Things like how long you have been dieting, what you are eating, if you are truly eating in a deficit. Sometimes people think they are but really arent.

A friend of mine makes horrible meal choices and for the life of him can not understand why the meal is a poor choice and why he is not losing weight. I literally have to explain to him that just because its chicken doesnt mean that the chicken parmesean with sauce, breading and cheese is good for fat loss. He doesnt get it. but some never will.

If you are in a calorie deficit you should be losing weight unless you have hit a plateau or there is something we don't know about. Be totally honest about everything and lets see what we can do to get you the results you want.

take care.
    I just want my abdominals to be revealed, and I want to be able to sit down with confidence without having to deal with this pudgy look in my lower stomach area.

My diet consists of one cup of Kashi Go Lean Cereal in the morning, peanut butter (two table spoons) sandwhich on whole wheat double protein bread for lunch. Post workout shake (two scoops of whey and water), 12 oz of chicken or tilapia for dinner with one cup of broccoli and one scoop of casein protein and water at night.

I workout Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday but I just recently switched up my workout for more intensity, a bulk.

Here is what it consists of;

Monday - Chest
    - Flat Bench Press 8-10 reps x 4
    - Decline Bench Press 8-10 reps x 4
    - Dumbbell Flyes 8-10 reps x 2
    - Incline Bench Press 8-10 reps x 2

Tuesday - Bicep and Tricep
    - Alternating Bicep Curls 8-10 reps x 4
    - Barbell Bicep Curls 8-10 (inner and outer grip) reps x 4
    - Preacher Curls 8-10 reps (3 second hold after each rep) x 3

- Tricep Extensions 8-10 reps x 4
    - Skullcrusher (EZ bar)8-10 reps x 4
    - Close Grip Bench Press 8-10 reps x 4
    - Tricep Dips (till' failure) x 2

Wednesday - Rest

Thursday - Legs and Shoulders
    - Shoulder Press 8-12 reps x 4
    - Arnold Press 8-12 reps x 4
    - Standing Dumbbell Upright Rows 10-12 reps x 4

- Leg Curls 8-12 x 4
    - Deadlift 8-10 x 4
    - Dumbbell Squats 10-12 x 4

Friday - Back

- Dumbbell Rows 8-10 reps x 4
    - Reverse Grip Bent-Over Barbell Rows 8-10 reps x 4
    - Deadlift 8 -10 x 4

Saturday - Rest

Sunday - Abdominals
    - P90X Ab Ripper X

Here is the technical information for my diet if you needed it;

I'm 6'1", weighing at 163-165 lbs.

Diet Plan #1(mon-fri)
    Morning - 7AM
    1.) Alive MultiVitamin (liquid, one ounce)
    2.) Kashi GoLean Cereal (one cup)
    Protein - Carbs -Fiber -Calories -Fat
    13g - 30g - 10g - 140 - 1g

Lunch - 12PM
    Arnold
    1.) Arnold Whole Wheat Double Protein (two slices)
    2.) Jiff’s All Natural Peanut Butter (two tablespoons
    3.) Fresh Strawberries (3 or 4) (caloric information excluded)
    4.) Honey (teaspoon) (caloric information excluded)

Protein - Carbs - Fiber - Calories- Fat
    21g - 43g - 8g - 410 - 17.5g

Pre-Workout - 3:05PM
    1.) Gatorade Prime
    Protein - Carbs - Fiber -Calories- Fat
    0g - 25g - 0g - 100 - 0g

Post-Workout - 4:10PM
    1.) Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein (two scoops)
    48g - 6g - 0g - 240 - 3g

Snack - Whenever you want!
    1.) Pistachio Nuts (1 oz)

- 5.8g - 7.9g - 2.9g - 158 - 12.6g

Dinner - 6:00-7:00PM
    Tilapia (12oz)
    42g - 0g - 0g - 196 - 2g

Broccoli (3oz)
    3g - 4g - 2g - 30 - 0g

OR

Chicken (12 oz)
    Protein - Carbs -Fiber - Calories -Fat
    - 70g - 6g - 0g - 562 - 6g
    Broccoli (3oz)
    Protein - Carbs - Fiber - Calories -Fat
    3g - 4g - 2g - 30 - 0g

Midnight Protein - 9:30-10:30PM
    Optimum Nutrition Casein Protein (one scoop)
    24g - 3g - 1g - 110 - 0.5g

Total (tilapia dinner)
    156.8g - 118.9g - 23.9g - 1384 36.6g

Total (chicken dinner)
    184.8g - 124.9g - 23.9g - 1750 -40.6g

pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As far as my work out routine i try to switch things up as much as possible, and since I do one body part a day I like to attack it from all angles. for example a typical bi routine I would do

alternating curls- 10-12 reps 3-4 sets
    then I might hit ez bar curls 10 reps 3-4 sets
    then grab a rope and do two handed hammer curls 10 reps 3-4 sets each arm
    then still using cable I would grab a curl handle, raise it til its about chest height and curl it from that angle 10 reps 3-4 sets
    then I might put the rope back on and do single hammer curls
    then go grab a dumbell and a incline chair put my arm over the chair and do single hand isolation curls.
    by this time my bis are pretty beat up and pumped like crazy then when I think im done, Ill get on a bi machine and concentrate on totally destroying them.

I have never concentrated on how much weight I can lift although I do know Im very strong.

I used to be into how much I can bench and curl til I just started developing bad shoulders and such, and it doesnt really matter anyways. All I care about is my health and my physique nowadays in my old age. lol. Ill leave all that maxing out bench press to you young bucks.

I never set a specific order I do each exercise, I figure If I have no idea then hopefully neither do my muscles and I can try my best not to stall out.

With chest it goes the same I never do flat bench only inclline because flat bench hurts my shoulders.
    I do incline dumbell press normally start with 65lbs in each hand and by my fourth set i normally have 90-100lbs depending on how I feel that day sometimes less sometimes a little more.

I do cable flys from all angles bottom pulling up, chest level pushing out, and from the top pushing down. I do hammer press on the machine incline, and wide grip press. Ill do the butterfly machine and I normally like to end my work outs burning out with a stable machine so I normally will do a machine bench press and try to kill whats left of my chest.

I always sweat like a madman. If Im not sweating im not going hard enough.

a work out normally lasts an hour just with weights, then I jump on the cardio and go to town. you will never catch me reading a magazine or socializing, I have my headphones on and am dripping with sweat.

I love when I see somebody doing an exercise I havent seen before or that I may have forgotten about. it doesnt happen often but when it does and if I like it I add it to my arsenal.

What kind of foods?
    well I have a kind of advantage and a disadvantage, the advantage is I have all my meals prepared since all I have to do is go down to the chow hall and pick what I want to eat any time of day.

downside is I don't always know the calorie count.
    so I normally stick with meat and vegetables and avoid anything that has sauces or just a bunch of stuff mixed together like casseroles and such.

so a typical day for me is a work out first thing on empty stomach.

then a protein shake 45 grams of protein 5 carbs 220 calories
    lunch 1-2 pieces of chicken (leg and thigh quarter or breast and wing quarter) side of cauliflower or broccoli and two plums or an apple
    snack- apple and 1.5 oz peanut butter, or another protein shake and some almonds
    dinner- 7 oz of beef or more chicken same type as lunch. side of green beans, or some low starch veggie. and a piece of fruit.
    before bed another protein shake, or some jerky. If there are days when I very hungry before bed I may have some miso soup my wife sent me with is very low in calories, and has 3 grams of protein per pack and the liquid itself fills me up enough to go to sleep.

If I go to the chow hall for breakfast I will normally have 5 egg whites and 1 whole egg, two pieces of turkey sausage, and fruit.

that is very typical of my diet, you can alternate the chicken for beef, turkey, or fish any given day depending on what their serving. If I don't like anything they have I will get a salad with tuna fish and a packet of ranch dressing. as a meal

you want to gain muscle and lose your gut..

ok I suggest first you concentrate on losing your gut and sparing your muscle then once your satisfied with your weight loss. then concentrate on gaining muscle while not adding too much additional fat.

Heres the thing in order to gaing muscle you need to have a calorie surplus or take an anabolic steroid. in order to lose weight you need to be in a calorie deficit or have lipo or lose a limb. Thats all there is too it.

So you see how there is a problem, and that is a problem bodybuilder have faced since the beginning of time. this is the reason they bulk then cut not both. and also the reason they use anabolics.

so get your diet in check by creating a deficit through diet and/or exercise. Keep your protein high, cycle carbs if you like (I do) and don't give up no matter if you look in the mirror one day and get discouraged. I do all the time.

my cardio routine?

well like I said earlier I like stairmaster, treadmill incline, and eliptical, and I run once a week. the only time I do HIIT is when I run.

I will normally jog for ten minutes and the last 20 mins I will run .25 miles, then jog .25 miles alternating back and forth for twenty minutes. this is very intense and gets my heart racing. I normally will start my first ten min at a pace of 6.5, then run a 8.0, then alternate with a 5.5-5.0 jog. after that I will get on the eliptical if I hadnt already been on it, it varies sometimes I will run after my first 30 mins of cardio or the run will be my first 30 mins of cardio. but I will normally do a total of an hour with something else.

when I dont run Ill do a cardio machine that I mentioned previously, I dont do always do intervals sometimes I do. but most importantly I always go intense. I always get my heart rate up and get a good sweat going. and make sure im burning the appropriate amount of calories per minute.

HIIT is great for fat loss in a smaller amount of time, but steady cardio is still great and can burn just as much calories as HIIT just takes a little longer. don't jump on the bandwagons and give up on good old fashioned cardio everytime something new comes along. On the same note keep an open mind and adopt what you like. In the end all that matters is that your burning your calories.

What supps do I use?
    I love supps, if nothing more I love them for the placebo effect. If I feel like its helping me than damn it thats good enough for me lol.

I take oxy elite pro- no placebo here, it definitely helps control my hunger, and does not make me jittery or make my head loopy at all like other fat burners, never any problems sleeping. as far as fat loss I have no idea how much to attribute all I know is it would be harder to stick to my diet with out it and for that reason alone I love it.

lean xtreme- I have read up on cortisol and it seems that is a problem for me or so I believe (could be placebo again) but when I diet I always would keep my stomach fat and lose all my muscle and become weak. It didnt happen this time. I have lost alot of stomach fat and have kept alot of muscle which are two things low cortisol is purported to do. could be that I eat alot of protein and have a good diet but regardless I like it and will keep using it.

protein powder- been through many kinds as long as it lactose free (I have crazy gas problems) and is low in carbs Its good enough for me. the kind ive used though is body fortress because thats what they sell in the BX here, and I order bioplex banana flavor from bb.com because it was cheap and I got alot of it. I will make one more order before my tour is up and it will probably be from optimum nutrition because they have a crazy amount of flavors and I want to try something different. I always put a pack of lemonade crystal light in with my protein shake, it makes it taste great!!

other than that I take supplements just for my mood and not really for bodybuilding but I will share them with you
    i take
    5 htp
    gaba
    theanine
    gotu kola
    and I have some phenibut that I have taken once but didnt get the results everyone talks about but will take it again in the future.
    I enjoy green tea at night
    I just got some yerba mate that I do enjoy in the morning
    and finally I have been testing out kava and it is pretty good stuff.

any prework outs?

Yeah I take the oxy elite pro on an empty stomach and go workout on an emptly stomach I have lots of energy in the gym even on low carb days.

Any other questions or did I leave anything out.
    thnk you man
    NY Rangers - NY Giants - NY Knicks - NY Yankees

"Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own; sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction"

Reno_LOS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reno_LOS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great progress man keep it up!

Alaskan72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskan72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskan72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskan72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskan72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskan72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskan72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskan72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskan72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskan72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskan72 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great job guy!!! Hope mine is as good! By the way, your first picture, in the pool. Where is that at? I just went to Vegas last month and my sister's community pool is identical! You can pm me if you don't want to post. Just thought it was bizarre, if it's the same place.

southstar066 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southstar066 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southstar066 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southstar066 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southstar066 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southstar066 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) southstar066 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice

jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessenreed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just want my abdominals to be revealed, and I want to be able to sit down with confidence without having to deal with this pudgy look in my lower stomach area.

My diet consists of one cup of Kashi Go Lean Cereal in the morning, peanut butter (two table spoons) sandwhich on whole wheat double protein bread for lunch. Post workout shake (two scoops of whey and water), 12 oz of chicken or tilapia for dinner with one cup of broccoli and one scoop of casein protein and water at night.

I workout Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday but I just recently switched up my workout for more intensity, a bulk.

Here is what it consists of;

Monday - Chest
    - Flat Bench Press 8-10 reps x 4
    - Decline Bench Press 8-10 reps x 4
    - Dumbbell Flyes 8-10 reps x 2
    - Incline Bench Press 8-10 reps x 2

Tuesday - Bicep and Tricep
    - Alternating Bicep Curls 8-10 reps x 4
    - Barbell Bicep Curls 8-10 (inner and outer grip) reps x 4
    - Preacher Curls 8-10 reps (3 second hold after each rep) x 3

- Tricep Extensions 8-10 reps x 4
    - Skullcrusher (EZ bar)8-10 reps x 4
    - Close Grip Bench Press 8-10 reps x 4
    - Tricep Dips (till' failure) x 2

Wednesday - Rest

Thursday - Legs and Shoulders
    - Shoulder Press 8-12 reps x 4
    - Arnold Press 8-12 reps x 4
    - Standing Dumbbell Upright Rows 10-12 reps x 4

- Leg Curls 8-12 x 4
    - Deadlift 8-10 x 4
    - Dumbbell Squats 10-12 x 4

Friday - Back

- Dumbbell Rows 8-10 reps x 4
    - Reverse Grip Bent-Over Barbell Rows 8-10 reps x 4
    - Deadlift 8 -10 x 4

Saturday - Rest

Sunday - Abdominals
    - P90X Ab Ripper X

Here is the technical information for my diet if you needed it;

I'm 6'1", weighing at 163-165 lbs.

Diet Plan #1(mon-fri)
    Morning - 7AM
    1.) Alive MultiVitamin (liquid, one ounce)
    2.) Kashi GoLean Cereal (one cup)
    13g - 30g - 10g - 140 - 1g

Lunch - 12PM
    Arnold
    1.) Arnold Whole Wheat Double Protein (two slices)
    2.) Jiff’s All Natural Peanut Butter (two tablespoons
    3.) Fresh Strawberries (3 or 4) (caloric information excluded)
    4.) Honey (teaspoon) (caloric information excluded)

21g - 43g - 8g - 410 - 17.5g

Pre-Workout - 3:05PM
    1.) Gatorade Prime
    0g - 25g - 0g - 100 - 0g

Post-Workout - 4:10PM
    1.) Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein (two scoops)
    48g - 6g - 0g - 240 - 3g

Snack - Whenever you want!
    1.) Pistachio Nuts (1 oz)

- 5.8g - 7.9g - 2.9g - 158 - 12.6g

Dinner - 6:00-7:00PM
    Tilapia (12oz)
    42g - 0g - 0g - 196 - 2g

Broccoli (3oz)
    3g - 4g - 2g - 30 - 0g

OR

Chicken (12 oz)
    Protein - Carbs -Fiber - Calories -Fat
    - 70g - 6g - 0g - 562 - 6g
    Broccoli (3oz)
    3g - 4g - 2g - 30 - 0g

Midnight Protein - 9:30-10:30PM
    Optimum Nutrition Casein Protein (one scoop)
    24g - 3g - 1g - 110 - 0.5g

Total (tilapia dinner)
    156.8g - 118.9g - 23.9g - 1384 36.6g

Total (chicken dinner)
    184.8g - 124.9g - 23.9g - 1750 -40.6g

couple questions is this what you eat every day? no deviations?
    what do you do besides work out are you pretty active?
    if this is your actual everyday diet how long have you been eating like this?

With out those answers yet here is what I feel about your situation, also going off the fact that I havent seen a picture so I am imagining in my head what you look like, or what I looked like when I was 165lbs since we are about the same height.

you probable have a flat stomach that folds over when you sit down. no definition anywhere correct? on top of that you probably don't have much definition anywhere on your body except for when your flexing, am I right?

your fairly skinny you just want a six pack, the problem is you don't have the muscle mass yet. your 165 lbs im guessing your probably 14-15% body fat. Maybe 140 lbs of you is lean muscle. you would have to lose alot of weight and be very skinny for your height in order to get that lean.

I used to be that. I was 155 lbs at 6'1''. I laugh now when I think back to how I used to go on low fat diets back then to try to get cut up. over the years I ate, bulked up and created a pretty muscular foundation. Problem is that it was covered with fat.

Cutting works great if you have a muscular foundation. My recommendation for you since you are 16 yrs old, is to keep your diet the way it is as far as cleanliness but increase your portions or thrown in another meal to get your calories higher.

I wouldnt worry about cardio for fat loss, I would continue to focus on weight training. You need to gain weight/muscle. spend a year building a solid muscular foundation then at that time you do a 3 month cut if you choose.

It is gonna take time, some of the greatest physiques have been going at it for years. Be patient, build muscle then cut the fat.

That is my suggestion, Ive been where you are and I think I know where you are coming from. let me know if I am way off.

peace

Originally Posted by pkahnman View Post
    thnk you man
    my pleasure, let me know if anything doesnt make sense

Originally Posted by Alaskan72 View Post
    Great job guy!!! Hope mine is as good! By the way, your first picture, in the pool. Where is that at? I just went to Vegas last month and my sister's community pool is identical! You can pm me if you don't want to post. Just thought it was bizarre, if it's the same place.
    Unless your sisters community pool is in Qatar then I doubt it lol. We get to go off base once a week, theres a nice hotel on the beach with an awesome pool so we went there. Only problem is that it was hot as hell, thats sweat on my face and im making that face because it was scorching hot. the pool water was warm but the ocean water was actually almost hot. it was like being in an ocean of hot sweat very nasty

GSXR85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GSXR85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GSXR85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GSXR85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GSXR85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GSXR85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GSXR85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GSXR85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GSXR85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GSXR85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GSXR85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great progress man, keep it up!

Originally Posted by .Geeza View Post
    you gonna get them coloured aswell bro? look good like they are just dunno if they were meant to be shaded in or not.

yeah me too, big fan of tribal myself lookin to get some work done next year. keep up the great work bro.
    Nahh no colors for me, I like the black and white (looks more gangsta lol) preciate the support.

tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10) tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10) tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10) tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10) tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10) tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10) tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10) tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10) tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10) tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10) tikitorch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wow good job for 3 months!!

Talking

Originally Posted by tikitorch View Post
    wow good job for 3 months!!
    same to you..... nice avatar pic (ok I'll behave lol)

Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    couple questions is this what you eat every day? no deviations?
    what do you do besides work out are you pretty active?
    if this is your actual everyday diet how long have you been eating like this?

With out those answers yet here is what I feel about your situation, also going off the fact that I havent seen a picture so I am imagining in my head what you look like, or what I looked like when I was 165lbs since we are about the same height.

you probable have a flat stomach that folds over when you sit down. no definition anywhere correct? on top of that you probably don't have much definition anywhere on your body except for when your flexing, am I right?

your fairly skinny you just want a six pack, the problem is you don't have the muscle mass yet. your 165 lbs im guessing your probably 14-15% body fat. Maybe 140 lbs of you is lean muscle. you would have to lose alot of weight and be very skinny for your height in order to get that lean.

I used to be that. I was 155 lbs at 6'1''. I laugh now when I think back to how I used to go on low fat diets back then to try to get cut up. over the years I ate, bulked up and created a pretty muscular foundation. Problem is that it was covered with fat.

Cutting works great if you have a muscular foundation. My recommendation for you since you are 16 yrs old, is to keep your diet the way it is as far as cleanliness but increase your portions or thrown in another meal to get your calories higher.

I wouldnt worry about cardio for fat loss, I would continue to focus on weight training. You need to gain weight/muscle. spend a year building a solid muscular foundation then at that time you do a 3 month cut if you choose.

It is gonna take time, some of the greatest physiques have been going at it for years. Be patient, build muscle then cut the fat.

That is my suggestion, Ive been where you are and I think I know where you are coming from. let me know if I am way off.

peace
    Not spot on but pretty darn close, wonderful interpretation. I have some definition around my abs when standing relaxed but as you said when I sit down it's that notorious fold that kills me haha.

I've been lifting for around 4 months, took summer break off (vacation, no access to weights ) and then I got right back into it when I came back in September so I've been eating strictly like that for around a month now.

But yeah I guess I'll just bulk up like you (and many others have said), thanks for your time bud; really appreciate it!

DetroitRX8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great progress man! If you can do that in a few months, who knows what's next!

Rep'd for great progress!

Not spot on but pretty darn close, wonderful interpretation. I have some definition around my abs when standing relaxed but as you said when I sit down it's that notorious fold that kills me haha.

I've been lifting for around 4 months, took summer break off (vacation, no access to weights ) and then I got right back into it when I came back in September so I've been eating strictly like that for around a month now.

But yeah I guess I'll just bulk up like you (and many others have said), thanks for your time bud; really appreciate it!
    Not a problem at all, just remember the cleaner you bulk the easier it will be when you get ready to cut. Good luck.

Originally Posted by DetroitRX8 View Post
    Great progress man! If you can do that in a few months, who knows what's next!

Rep'd for great progress!
    Thank you, Im taking this week to eat at maintenance and to boost my metabolism. Ive been dieting hard for a good while now so its about time for a reset.

this sunday I will drop to a 500 daily deficit, then the week after I will drop back to 1000. I will update with pics just before I get ready to go back home to the states.

skatergirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skatergirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skatergirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skatergirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skatergirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skatergirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skatergirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skatergirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Reps, keep up the hard work! Starting to see those abs!!!!
    stephanieperson.blogspot.com/

http://www.********.com/StephaniePersonSkater

Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    Reps, keep up the hard work! Starting to see those abs!!!!
    Thanks, Thats my goal to make them super visible. Right now is a serious head game since im doing a week long refeed at maintenance calories. It is messing with my head mentally I wonder if you can get addicted to dieting?

Bender92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bender92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bender92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bender92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bender92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bender92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bender92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bender92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bender92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bender92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bender92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Amazing progress bro. Makes me depressed that I didn't take before picture before my cut as well
    Keep up man! And btw, your tats look a lot better on you when your more cut (no homo)
    "You have enemies? Good. It means you stand for something".

gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not only am I impressed with your transformation, but also on how much you can write via iphone!
    If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success.

Originally Posted by Bender92 View Post
    Amazing progress bro. Makes me depressed that I didn't take before picture before my cut as well
    Keep up man! And btw, your tats look a lot better on you when your more cut (no homo)
    Lol, yeah your telling me.

Originally Posted by gottalift78 View Post
    Not only am I impressed with your transformation, but also on how much you can write via iphone!
    LMAO..took me a while. but its not always from my iphone lol

jdmeg693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdmeg693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdmeg693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great transformation! keep it up. just joined here and this is my first post. great motivation from you! thanks bro.

Originally Posted by jdmeg693 View Post
    great transformation! keep it up. just joined here and this is my first post. great motivation from you! thanks bro.
    what an honor thank you.

skatergirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skatergirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skatergirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skatergirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skatergirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skatergirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skatergirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skatergirl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    well heres my transformation post actually Im not done yet I still havent reached my goal but decided I was happy enough with my progress to start a log

I have been inspired by all the transformations on this site and can attribute part of my success to the motivation I received through reading them.

I just want to give back to the people here, and will answer any and all questions you might have. I have studied exercise and nutrition for over ten years, just never applied it to its fullest extent.

I have always worked out and tried to watch what I eat. Although there have been times in my life where I have been leaner than some I have never been ripped!! whenever I decided to lose weight it was normally because I had let myself go to the point where I really felt I needed to get back into shape. I have alway had the desire to be lean with a six pack but was alway to stubborn to go the conventional route of proper diet combined with exercisse. I alway felt like there was a way that I can eat however I wanted and still achieve the body I desired. After many years of wasted time I finally learned that at least for me it is not possible. When ever I did lose weight I always lost muscle as well and would just look like a smaller version of my former self. Obviously not what I wanted. Once getting smaller I would feel too small and then bulk up, gain muscle as well as unwanted fat. It was a viscous cycle. This is the first time in my life where I got all the variables in check and did everything right to the best of my knowledge, and the results speak for themselves.

so besides realizing it was that time again to lose weight, I was being deployed to the desert for 6 months and decided that this is the time to do it right once and for all. I got all my necessary supplements and dedicated myself to proper nutrion and exercise along with cardio. I read through all the transformation articles and really got inspired. There were times I felt I was getting small and not losing enough fat but I push through and kept focused. I started with 30 mins cardio per day, then I moved to 40, and then ultimately 60 mins per day. My main focus for cardio was to burn enough calories to enable me to eat more and not go hungry. It worked wonderfully.

As I write this I have been here 3months and 2 week but have been going at it hard for two months now. My first month out I was watching my food intake but was not eating the necessary amounts of protein. I was eating alot of lowfat carbs. I did lose 10 lbs but it was not the way I wanted to lose it. It was the way I had always lost it and this time had to be different. The beginning pictures are actually of me at a 10lb weight loss I thought I was hot stuff til I actually saw those pics. After that I got my act together. I increased my protein to a minimum of 1 gram per lb of bodyweight. I began to cycle my carbs it was normally Sun- mon 50g carbs or less, tues 75g carbs less, wed- thurs 50g carbs less, fri 75-100 g carbs or less. and on saturdays I splurged.

I had a consistent weight loss of 2-5 lbs per week in the beginning then it slowed to 2lbs per week and had a daily deficit of 1000 calories, except saturdays.

I cant express how important protein is for saving your muscle without it you are just going to get skinny and probably hold on to your fat.

starting 6'1.5'', 225lbs bodyfat unknown never had it tested. Current stats 6'1.5'' 193lbs

before

after- 2.5 months later (sorry for the towel, I took these pics spur of the moment. no homo lol)

I am still not at my goal, I will post more pics in another two months.

take it easy
    Great work!
    stephanieperson.blogspot.com/

http://www.********.com/StephaniePersonSkater

Well Ill be going home in a few days. I have converted from hardcore dieting to maintaining. I will continue to improve on what Ive accomplished, but this is a lifestyle change so its never truly over. Im currently 185lbs give or take 2lbs on any given day. As promised here are my final pics.