Thread: Progress!

danbrazier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danbrazier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danbrazier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Progress!

Just thought I'd chuck this up here as a pep talk for any of you guys who are struggling or getting down.

3 weeks and 2 days ago I promised myself I'd get to where I want to. I'm 5ft 9ish and 23 days ago I was 206lbs - I want to be 180lbs by my birthday on 23rd December, an average loss of about 1.7lbs per week.

Weighed in today and after a tough week of thinking I wasn't getting anywhere I'm at 200lbs. Phew. I've been really hitting the groups of muscles that were neglected - so around my abs and my chest, in my case. My arms I've been keeping up with and maintaing the weight I was lifting before.

I've started with more compound lifts and I've picked up my pace on my cardio (running and cycling, about to take up kickboxing and starting to go swimming too).

I feel tighter around my chest, and it shows in the mirror. My stomach/belly doesn't really look too different but it does feel better, which is all that matters to me really.

If you're struggling, DON'T GIVE UP! Keep at it and you'll get there.

J0n1y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J0n1y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J0n1y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J0n1y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J0n1y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J0n1y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J0n1y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J0n1y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J0n1y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J0n1y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J0n1y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by danbrazier View Post
    Just thought I'd chuck this up here as a pep talk for any of you guys who are struggling or getting down.

3 weeks and 2 days ago I promised myself I'd get to where I want to. I'm 5ft 9ish and 23 days ago I was 206lbs - I want to be 180lbs by my birthday on 23rd December, an average loss of about 1.7lbs per week.

Weighed in today and after a tough week of thinking I wasn't getting anywhere I'm at 200lbs. Phew. I've been really hitting the groups of muscles that were neglected - so around my abs and my chest, in my case. My arms I've been keeping up with and maintaing the weight I was lifting before.

I've started with more compound lifts and I've picked up my pace on my cardio (running and cycling, about to take up kickboxing and starting to go swimming too).

I feel tighter around my chest, and it shows in the mirror. My stomach/belly doesn't really look too different but it does feel better, which is all that matters to me really.

If you're struggling, DON'T GIVE UP! Keep at it and you'll get there.
    GOOD JOB BRO.... its good to here when people make progress.... id suggest doing cardio alot more to make sure you continue to lose weight.... I do 20min m/wed/fri
    15min tue/thur/sat..... I would say doing abs is pointless atm... but that is just my opinion keep up the good work and keep a eye on those macros.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Workout for yourself only not others!

keeganfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keeganfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keeganfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keeganfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keeganfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keeganfrank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I totally get that man. I've been doing crunches 5x/week for a couple weeks now and my core feels awesome even though my gut isn't any smaller. Keep up the good work!
    09/15/10 262.0#
    09/15/11 226.2#
    09/12/12 205.4#
    10/22/12 200.0#

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

My stomach/belly doesn't really look too different but it does feel better

Nice work!!! Keep it up. There will come a day where you look in the mirror and suddenly as if overnight your body looks completely different. For me the stomach/belly area really starts to tighten up around 15% body fat.

It is hard work, but so worth it.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.