shadowman10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

struggling to stay motivated :-(

well basically i started training with the goal to lose BF and bulk up .... you know get the body that you can enter comps with ... something to be proud of .....

but im been training for 2 months now i have a clean diet ... i lift heavy 3 days a week idealy id want 5 but work stops me from doing that ... i do cardio because i have to ( ride to work ) (i cant drive )

but everytime i look in the mirror i see no difference not a single bit from when i started ... all iv noticed is my strength increase

and you know what its really dis-heartening im finding it hard to keep at i feel really disappointed in myself

whats your secrets to stay motivated? maybe they could help me

StreetUpG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by shadowman10 View Post
    well basically i started training with the goal to lose BF and bulk up .... you know get the body that you can enter comps with ... something to be proud of .....

but im been training for 2 months now i have a clean diet ... i lift heavy 3 days a week idealy id want 5 but work stops me from doing that ... i do cardio because i have to ( ride to work ) (i cant drive )

but everytime i look in the mirror i see no difference not a single bit from when i started ... all iv noticed is my strength increase

and you know what its really dis-heartening im finding it hard to keep at i feel really disappointed in myself

Your diet may be clean, but are you eating at a deficit? That's what put my fat loss progress on hold for a while. And have you been checking your weight on a scale to measure your progress? It's harder to notice change visually than with numbers.

What motivates me is my desire to see my ideal self. It makes me feel like all of my hard work and sacrifice is worthwhile.

WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    2 months is nothing.

If you train hard and eat well for a couple of years then I think it makes sense to be pissed off if you're not seeing results.

jagdbody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jagdbody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My bet is it's the deficit, or more like the lack of one. If anything you should be gaining weight because of the lifting. My goal was to lose weight and I was so pissed because I gained weight, then I realized what was going on, I wasn't doing the right things to achieve my goals. So take a look at what your doing, take the time count the cals and protein, and see where your at. Like another poster said looking in the mirror is a bad way to see differences.

realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Watching Man vs. Food always motivates me.

gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by shadowman10 View Post

2 months... seriously??

I've been at this for 10 years and can't say I'm totally "happy" with the way I look.

It takes time and effort. What really gets me motivated is knowing how far I have come since Ive started. I keep going because I feel great after and know that I'm treating my body with the respect it deserves.

Word of advice, don't compare yourself to other people, everyone's different and develop at their own rate. Just keep at it and you will see the change.
    If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success.

steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by gottalift78 View Post
    2 months... seriously??

I've been at this for 10 years and can't say I'm totally "happy" with the way I look.

Agreed. We're in the same boat (wish I had started a little earlier), but your much bigger than me. The OP needs to give it more time and focus on diet/routine. The gains will come.