Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool I "embraced the suck!"

So yesterday was a perfect day for me, dieting wise. Had my AM workout, met all my cals & macros ~*perfectly*~. At the end of the day I was feeling pretty hungry while lying in bed. Even after my bed time snack of cottage cheese & casein. I wanted more food so bad...not junk...just anything...fruit, chicken, another protein shake...whatever. All I kept telling myself was "you have to embrace the suck." Karla told someone else having this problem the other day. Well I did...it wasn't fun but the 1 lb loss on the scale this morning was my reward

Just thought I'd share for those of you who are also "embracing the suck" right now!!!!!!!!

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congrats! Yes, when cutting there are times when you are just plain hungry and you gotta suck it up and move on to reach your goals. As long as the deficit isn't too crazily low, that is. I'm glad to hear that you have accepted the "suck" and roll with it. Over time you will see even more results.

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CottageChz View Post
    "you have to embrace the suck."
    Thats awesome..
    Right now it doesn't matter what the results will be.
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

Leap and the net will appear..

CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by birdiefu View Post
    Congrats! Yes, when cutting there are times when you are just plain hungry and you gotta suck it up and move on to reach your goals. As long as the deficit isn't too crazily low, that is. I'm glad to hear that you have accepted the "suck" and roll with it. Over time you will see even more results.
    Thank you! Yeah, it's not easy. But when I kept repeating my new "mantra" I also thought about how I have come so close to my goals in the past but because I always end up giving into that nagging feeling one way or another....I never get there :/ Something has to change if I want to see those results.

KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hehehe. Go you! I embraced the suck last night as my roommate ate cajun flavored potato chips and I had a late night snack of sugar free jello.

StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So yesterday was a perfect day for me, dieting wise. Had my AM workout, met all my cals & macros ~*perfectly*~. At the end of the day I was feeling pretty hungry while lying in bed. Even after my bed time snack of cottage cheese & casein. I wanted more food so bad...not junk...just anything...fruit, chicken, another protein shake...whatever. All I kept telling myself was "you have to embrace the suck." Karla told someone else having this problem the other day. Well I did...it wasn't fun but the 1 lb loss on the scale this morning was my reward

Just thought I'd share for those of you who are also "embracing the suck" right now!!!!!!!!
    That's great! Feels good to make progress.
    If you don't mind, may I ask what your calories/macros are? And how much cardio/lifting do you do? I've been trying to cut myself. Thanks! :-)

punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a horrible time with "embracing the suck" lol I tend to give in an eat at, or near, maintenance. I need to start sucking it up.
    Bodybuilding is not weight and repetitions; it’s resistance and absolute muscle failure. It’s not quantitative; it’s qualitative. It’s more mental than physical. It’s more control than rage. It’s the realization that you can always get bigger. ~ bodybuilding

Kara- Awesome! So i wasn't suffering alone!?!

Stanna- Thanks! I have recently overhauled my whole routine...diet and workouts. I aim for 1500 cals a day, I am guessing sometimes it may go a little under and I KNOW sometimes it goes a little over...b/c let's face it, the real world gets in the way sometimes. I do weigh & measure almost everything I can but I know that just because fitday says I ate 1540 cals, it may still be a little off. I also aim for 130-150 grams of protein a day, 40-60 grams of fat, and thern the carbs work themselves out after that.

I used to do way way WAY too much cardio...I won't even admit on here how much because now I know how silly I was :/ Right now I lift 4x/week and I EITHER run for 2 miles or do HIIT 2-3x/week. I've been a runner for years (used to run half marathons, 5k's, etc) and I can't just give it up...so that is how I feel about that. BUT I am no longer doing hour long sessions on the elliptical 6 days a week. Oops, I forgot I wasn't going to mention that

Good luck with your cut! Like I said, I am trying to stay as close to 1500 as possible right now and then in 4 or so weeks I will look at my progress and make any necessary changes...trial and error so they say!!
    Last edited by CottageChz; 09-22-2010 at 11:07 AM.

Originally Posted by punxnotdead309 View Post
    I have a horrible time with "embracing the suck" lol I tend to give in an eat at, or near, maintenance. I need to start sucking it up.
    Me too. And that is why I have "maintained" for 4 years

It's not easy, that's for sure.

MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MaliaBot has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I totally did not embrace the suck working late last night. Damn snack machine. Today is a new day though!!!

AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No you were not suffering alone. I had to embrace the suck, too!! I was really trying to convince myself that I needed that fiber in a chocolate granola bar last night. But I sucked it up, drank a glass of water, and went to bed.

Originally Posted by AprilShowers13 View Post
    No you were not suffering alone. I had to embrace the suck, too!! I was really trying to convince myself that I needed that fiber in a chocolate granola bar last night. But I sucked it up, drank a glass of water, and went to bed.
    Good girl! but why the sad face?? I know it sucked last night, but don't you feel good about it today??

I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ironically, I am embracing the suck this week. Frocking hate it.

But hey, if it was easy, we'd all be walking around < 20% bf.

KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well frack. I'm about to embrace the suck big time tonight as well. My guy had a cancellation this afternoon and so picked me up for a surprise lunch. We went to Jason's deli and I *thought* I was making a good choice, calorie wise. What I actually chose was an 800 calorie panini.

*grump*

So tonight I will embrace the suck with grilled chicken, a big salad, and going to bed w/out my snack or dessert or glass of wine.

Originally Posted by kfisherx View Post
    But hey, if it was easy, we'd all be walking around < 20% bf.
    EXACTLY. My 2nd new mantra, to quote Tom Hanks. "If it were easy, everyone would do it." Although he was talking about baseball, but whatever.

And thank YOU for the first mantra!

righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've really been embracing the suck this week in diet as well as at the gym. The diet has turned me into a weakling! 4 sets of what used to be very challenging is now nearly impossible.

medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Im gonna use that one alot I can tell already.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159276021

StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stanna- Thanks! I have recently overhauled my whole routine...diet and workouts. I aim for 1500 cals a day, I am guessing sometimes it may go a little under and I KNOW sometimes it goes a little over...b/c let's face it, the real world gets in the way sometimes. I do weigh & measure almost everything I can but I know that just because fitday says I ate 1540 cals, it may still be a little off. I also aim for 130-150 grams of protein a day, 40-60 grams of fat, and thern the carbs work themselves out after that.

I used to do way way WAY too much cardio...I won't even admit on here how much because now I know how silly I was :/ Right now I lift 4x/week and I EITHER run for 2 miles or do HIIT 2-3x/week. I've been a runner for years (used to run half marathons, 5k's, etc) and I can't just give it up...so that is how I feel about that. BUT I am no longer doing hour long sessions on the elliptical 6 days a week. Oops, I forgot I wasn't going to mention that

Good luck with your cut! Like I said, I am trying to stay as close to 1500 as possible right now and then in 4 or so weeks I will look at my progress and make any necessary changes...trial and error so they say!!
    Thank you for taking time to share! How are you able to get that much protein? I usually only get about 120 grams. Gosh my meals are about all meat as it is on this stupid 'diet'. haha.

Oh yeah, I used to love running. I only did it for a few years though and had to finally give it up due to back problems and rotated pelvis. *sob* :-) Was counterproductive though and put me in oh so much pain. I wouldn't give it up either if I didn't have to so I know what you're saying.

Originally Posted by righter View Post
    I've really been embracing the suck this week in diet as well as at the gym. The diet has turned me into a weakling! 4 sets of what used to be very challenging is now nearly impossible.
    Oh no! I was afraid of that. Sheesh. Well it's only for a short time, eh? then back to business as usual. That's what I'm thinking.

Originally Posted by StannaRad View Post
    Thank you for taking time to share! How are you able to get that much protein? I usually only get about 120 grams. Gosh my meals are about all meat as it is on this stupid 'diet'. haha.

Oh yeah, I used to love running. I only did it for a few years though and had to finally give it up due to back problems and rotated pelvis. *sob* :-) Was counterproductive though and put me in oh so much pain. I wouldn't give it up either if I didn't have to so I know what you're saying.
    No problem! Anything I can do to help anyone I am all for I eat lots of egg whites, extra lean ground turkey (my new favorite!), tuna, chicken, greek yogurt, and of course...cottage cheese I also supplement with whey and casein here and there but I try to get most of my protein from real or whole foods so I don't have to 'embrace the suck' as much. It usually keeps me feeling pretty satisfied having real food instead of protein powder...but for convenince I do have a shake sometimes. And they can be quite yummy when made creatively!

An injury last year is also what really made me have to stop running. I am able to do about 2 miles here and there but that's it So it has been nice to have something else I can obsess, i mean focus, on instead of the running...because for a long while that was my passion.

AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good girl! but why the sad face?? I know it sucked last night, but don't you feel good about it today??
    The sad face is how I looked going to bed. I will be embracing the suck again tonight. I underestimated the amount of fat in my ground chuck burger. But come Saturday I will be embracing the goods.

righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by StannaRad View Post
    How are you able to get that much protein?
    Today I had 157.52 g protein. Over half of it came from grilled yellowfin tuna. Loaded with protein. I ate .6 lbs today. According to MyPlate, it had 81.5 g protein and only 3.2 g fat (is that even possible in over a half pound of meat?!)

Anyway, I usually grill it at lunch and eat half then and save the other half for dinner. I like it better than tuna in the can, which I have to mix with light mayo to even tolerate.

Today I had 157.52 g protein. Over half of it came from grilled yellowfin tuna. Loaded with protein. I ate .6 lbs today. According to MyPlate, it had 81.5 g protein and only 3.2 g fat (is that even possible in over a half pound of meat?!)
    Yeah, on the days where I rock my protein that hard, it's usually because I've eaten seafood. 1/2 pound of shrimp has something like 40g of protein .. and I can eat a half pound of boiled shrimp w/out even blinking. A 6 oz mahi filet has 32g I think - and I put one of those on the grill at least once a week.

Add to that, I eat a lot of greek yogurt (not only for breakfast, but I use it as a sour cream substitute, so I use it as garnish on a lot of things). The little amounts here and there add up.

I think today I got 133g w/out even really trying hard - and with only 1/2 a scoop of protein powder.

I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    10:46PM and another compliant (suck) day behind me. THIS is how the war is won girlfriends... It is the collection of little battles each day that add up to the goal. Every night I give myself the gift of integrity and compliance and my sleep is good.

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    10:46PM and another compliant (suck) day behind me. THIS is how the war is won girlfriends... It is the collection of little battles each day that add up to the goal. Every night I give myself the gift of integrity and compliance and my sleep is good.
    I love your Avi - it fits your personality

Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    THIS is how the war is won girlfriends... It is the collection of little battles each day that add up to the goal. Every night I give myself the gift of integrity and compliance and my sleep is good.
    You're on spread, but I couldn't have said that better myself.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Smile

Anyway, I usually grill it at lunch and eat half then and save the other half for dinner. I like it better than tuna in the can, which I have to mix with light mayo to even tolerate.
    But doesn't the large meat servings run up your calories? Not understanding how to fit all that into such a small amount of cals a day. Hmm. No problem when eating above maintenace but deficeit I dunno. Oh well.

And thank YOU for the first mantra!
    Since reading this thread yesterday, it has become a trial mantra for me as well

I definitely had to embrace the suck again last night. And it wasn't even because I wanted something and couldn't have it. I actually didn't even care about having it, but for some reason it's always SO important/dissappointing to everyone else if I don't have it. And that is the part that sucked...the "look" I get when I (god forbid) don't eat something.

At any rate, another battle won. All these small victories will add up eventually though and that is how we win the war

Abscynthe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abscynthe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abscynthe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abscynthe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abscynthe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abscynthe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abscynthe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abscynthe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abscynthe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abscynthe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abscynthe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by KaraPhoto View Post
    Well frack. I'm about to embrace the suck big time tonight as well. My guy had a cancellation this afternoon and so picked me up for a surprise lunch. We went to Jason's deli and I *thought* I was making a good choice, calorie wise. What I actually chose was an 800 calorie panini.
    There's a grilled chicken salad at Longhorn's that I was getting...and then I checked the calories. What I thought was a healthy salad of grilled chicken, strawberries, mandarin oranges, and feta cheese with dressing on the side ends up being 960 calories