Page 101 of 142 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 4248
    Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post

Squat:
    Wrapped up knees...
    3 x 645lbs
    3 x 675lbs
    1 x 680lbs
    Awesome work, man. It appears that a good synergy formed with you, the new place, and the lifting partner. I hope that the lifting environment holds up as long as possible.

Also, thanks for breaking down you history with the Cure. Some good info there with Gallup's band and all. Yeah, my last Cure purchase was probably the Disintegration collection. An old female acquaintance has the few Cure CDs that were in my collection many years ago, so all I have now is the Greatest Hits CD. I'll have to remedy that injustice at some point. ("Orange" is on the list, too. I'm aware of it, but have never seen it.) I should mention that the 'Cubes were on my radar, too. I ended up becoming a big Bjork fan with my allegiance only dropping off a bit after the last 1 or 2 releases - but the first 3 releases? Oh my, yes...
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Sorry to hear of your wife's health trials. I hope they resolve soon.
    Many thanks brother.

Originally Posted by mharrislove View Post
    Awesome work, man. It appears that a good synergy formed with you, the new place, and the lifting partner. I hope that the lifting environment holds up as long as possible.
    Thank you brother.

Also, thanks for breaking down you history with the Cure. Some good info there with Gallup's band and all. Yeah, my last Cure purchase was probably the Disintegration collection. An old female acquaintance has the few Cure CDs that were in my collection many years ago, so all I have now is the Greatest Hits CD. I'll have to remedy that injustice at some point. ("Orange" is on the list, too. I'm aware of it, but have never seen it.) I should mention that the 'Cubes were on my radar, too. I ended up becoming a big Bjork fan with my allegiance only dropping off a bit after the last 1 or 2 releases - but the first 3 releases? Oh my, yes...
    You know, after seeing the Sugarcubes a couple of times (and, frankly, after first hearing/seeing the "Birthday" video back when MTV still played music videos), I really dug the Sugarcubes. When Bjork went on her own, I didn't really pay attention. Then, one day sometime later I was flipping channels and caught Kristi Yamaguchi getting ready to skate. I don't follow figure skating. Hockey, yes. Figure skating, no. But Yamaguchi is a local NorCal girl, so I stopped flipping. She skated to "It's Oh So Quiet" by Bjork. I'd not heard that song before, but her routine was so flawless and impeccable to that song, and, for that matter, the song itself is/was so superbly crafted, I became somewhat of a fan of Bjork in her solo-based career. I've not truly kept good tabs on Bjork's career, but I appreciate what she's released.

Still...nothing compares:

FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Page bump...

Afternoon dungeon session today. Was going to head to my dungeon when I got a call from a friend - the big fella I met in my dungeon a while back and train with periodically. Well, it seems he and a friend have opened their own dungeon, a few blocks past my current dungeon. Knowing his beliefs, mindset and training style, this has potential. So I swung by there today and had my session there, where we trained together again. While I customarily prefer to train alone in my dungeon, as I've said before, having a like-minded brother to train with is outstanding. It definitely pushes sessions to a new level.

Today's Session:
    Run to new dungeon.

Squat:
    10 x 135lbs
    8 x 225lbs
    8 x 315lbs
    ----------
    6 x 405lbs
    5 x 455lbs
    5 x 495lbs
    3 x 545lbs
    3 x 585lbs
    Wrapped up knees...
    3 x 645lbs
    3 x 675lbs
    1 x 680lbs

SLDL:
    7 x 135lbs
    7 x 185lbs
    7 x 225lbs
    ----------
    5 x 275lbs
    5 x 315lbs
    5 x 365lbs
    5 x 405lbs
    3 x 455lbs
    3 x 495lbs
    3 x 545lbs
    2 x 565lbs

Bench Press:
    10 x 135lbs
    10 x 185lbs
    6 x 225lbs
    5 x 255lbs
    -----------
    5 x 275lbs
    5 x 315lbs
    3 x 365lbs
    3 x 405lbs
    2 x 415lbs

T-Bar Row (Oly Bar, Cornered; Plate weight only):
    7 x 90lbs
    7 x 135lbs
    5 x 160lbs
    ----------
    5 x 180lbs
    5 x 205lbs
    5 x 255lbs
    3 x 275lbs

BB Shrug:
    10 x 135lbs
    10 x 185lbs
    8 x 225lbs
    -----------
    6 x 275lbs
    6 x 295lbs
    5 x 315lbs
    3 x 335lbs

Close:
    Mitt work - approx. 9 minutes (3 min. x 3)
    Walk home.

This was a great session and probably resulted in some new PBs on multiple fronts. I thoroughly enjoy having someone similar with whom to train. This new dungeon is just what a dungeon should be. For now anyway. That said, bearing in mind the temperament and proclivities of most gym-goers on South Beach, I'm not certain longevity is in the cards for these folks, lest they cater to the lowest common dungeon denominator and/or entertain typical gym shenanigans. Sadly. We shall see anyway.

All my PRs are history HoustonTXMuscle's Avatar
    HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Impressive session, brother, especially with new PBs on multiple fronts. While I also prefer to work alone, I know how enjoyable it is to train with someone that will push you to new levels. Also appreciate the music vids; several of which I've now downloaded to my library.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140991491 Age is NOT an acceptable excuse.

Played with dinosaurs as a child. Back then everyone was thin; it was a matter of out-running the raptors or being one of their meals.

Originally Posted by HoustonTXMuscle View Post
    Impressive session, brother, especially with new PBs on multiple fronts. While I also prefer to work alone, I know how enjoyable it is to train with someone that will push you to new levels. Also appreciate the music vids; several of which I've now downloaded to my library.
    Thanks brother. Also glad you liked some of the vids.

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The weights and then the sheer number of total reps and you still had moxy to hit the bag and be able to walk home. Amazing. You make it look so easy. Do you break a sweat? RTR
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You know, after seeing the Sugarcubes a couple of times (and, frankly, after first hearing/seeing the "Birthday" video back when MTV still played music videos), I really dug the Sugarcubes. When Bjork went on her own, I didn't really pay attention. Then, one day sometime later I was flipping channels and caught Kristi Yamaguchi getting ready to skate. I don't follow figure skating. Hockey, yes. Figure skating, no. But Yamaguchi is a local NorCal girl, so I stopped flipping. She skated to "It's Oh So Quiet" by Bjork. I'd not heard that song before, but her routine was so flawless and impeccable to that song, and, for that matter, the song itself is/was so superbly crafted, I became somewhat of a fan of Bjork in her solo-based career.
    LOL, at figure skating vs hockey..! (But, yeah, Yamaguchi FTW. srs.)

And, Bjork's version of "It's Oh So Quiet" is astounding. For her to take a song rooted in a hyper-traditional structure and take it out ever so slightly into left field was a masterstroke. It worked musically, and many folks that wound not listen to her otherwise found out that people actually sing in Iceland.

Anyway, those old 'Cubes tunes put a smile on my face, especially Motorcrash. I hadn't heard Cold Sweat before, but I really dig that one, too. It's really amazing to hear her with the old group because she has totally abandoned the conventional band sound. The urgency of a live band against the thrash of a distorted electric guitar is quite a pairing with her primal vocal style.

On the other hand, the new soundscapes that she gravitated towards did open things up to allow the haunting beauty of her voice to emerge in a way that could not (or would not) be explored with the alt rock band. She would be a good candidate for a type of artist that releases solo work, but still records with the band. But alas, it is apparently not in her DNA to look backwards at anything.

I've not truly kept good tabs on Bjork's career, but I appreciate what she's released.

Still...nothing compares:

[youtube] BFQPNApwJGU[youtube]

[youtube]NFOUS_NhJgE[youtube]

[youtube]y8XVHnNaJOo[youtube]
    Hmm...maybe. Don't be so hasty in that determination, my huge, yet refined, friend...

I present the following for your review:

LOL, at figure skating vs hockey..! (But, yeah, Yamaguchi FTW. srs.)

And, Bjork's version of "It's Oh So Quiet" is astounding. For her to take a song rooted in a hyper-traditional structure and take it out ever so slightly into left field was a masterstroke. It worked musically, and many folks that wound not listen to her otherwise found out that people actually sing in Iceland.

Anyway, those old 'Cubes tunes put a smile on my face, especially Motorcrash. I hadn't heard Cold Sweat before, but I really dig that one, too. It's really amazing to hear her with the old group because she has totally abandoned the conventional band sound. The urgency of a live band against the thrash of a distorted electric guitar is quite a pairing with her primal vocal style.

On the other hand, the new soundscapes that she gravitated towards did open things up to allow the haunting beauty of her voice to emerge in a way that could not (or would not) be explored with the alt rock band. She would be a good candidate for a type of artist that releases solo work, but still records with the band. But alas, it is apparently not in her DNA to look backwards at anything.

Hmm...maybe. Don't be so hasty in that determination, my huge, yet refined, friend...

I present the following for your review:

[youtube]cJNOOBOyn20[youtube]

[youtube]LaTxGsaolYc[youtube]

[youtube]tU_Wx8ooRjI[youtube]
    Lulz. I'll take "huge, yet refined" over "small and prestigous" [enter Seinfeld reference] any day.

Thanks for sharing those vids. The last one is sublime (and previously unknown to me), particularly with the orchestration and chorale. She has definitely surpassed anything that might have been previously imagined of her back in her Sugarcubes days. Although, having said that, watching her perform with them back then, there was always some sense of witnessing something barely restrained or confined, that was greater than that in which she was, but I never would have pegged how much greater it actually became. And, to be honest, when it comes to such things as "nothing compares...," it is a somewhat bitter-sweet acknowledgment that at least 80% of that statement is a product of memories of that period of time as well - a time that, even though is 25 years ago, seems so recent. I hear the opening lines of "Birthday" and I'm instantly transported back...to a time that produced tons of insanely awesome music from so many incredible bands.

I mentioned to someone once, just take 1987 for instance. That year provided - (1) The Cure - "Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me," (2) Depeche Mode - "Music For the Masses," (3) New Order - "Substance," (4) Echo & The Bunnymen - "Bedbugs & Ballyhoo," (5) Gene Loves Jezebel - "House of Dolls," (6) Love & Rockets - "Earth, Sun, Moon," (7) Pet Shop Boys - "Actually," (8) The Psychedelic Furs - "Midnight to Midnight," (9) The Smiths - "Louder Than Bombs" and "Strangeways Here We Come," (10) Jesus and Mary Chain - "Darklands," and (11) The Cult - "Electric." Just to name a handful.

The very next year, Morrissey released "Viva Hate," Siouxsie & The Banshees released "Peepshow," the Cocteau Twins released "Blue Bell Knoll," and Peter Murphy with "Love Hysteria," Erasure with "The Innocents" and R.E.M. with "Green." In 1989, The Cure unleashed the amazing "Disintegration," The Pixies "Doolittle," The Cult "Sonic Temple" and New Order "Technique." 1990 saw Depeche Mode attain even greater majesty with "Violator." Unreal time period. Simply unreal.

Ah, I'm preaching to the choir for sure and really am just getting caught up in my own reminiscing. As you know, I've never ceased keeping with up music. But I always have to smile to myself when I hear some exclaim about the band du jour, "Wow!, listen to these guys...they sound just like [The Cure] [Joy Division] [Echo & The Bunnymen] [Depeche Mode], ad infin." Lulz.

Lulz. I'll take "huge, yet refined" over "small and prestigous" [enter Seinfeld reference] any day.

Thanks for sharing those vids. The last one is sublime (and previously unknown to me), particularly with the orchestration and chorale. She has definitely surpassed anything that might have been previously imagined of her back in her Sugarcubes days. Although, having said that, watching her perform with them back then, there was always some sense of witnessing something barely restrained or confined, that was greater than that in which she was, but I never would have pegged how much greater it actually became. And, to be honest, when it comes to such things as "nothing compares...," it is a somewhat bitter-sweet acknowledgment that at least 80% of that statement is a product of memories of that period of time as well - a time that, even though is 25 years ago, seems so recent. I hear the opening lines of "Birthday" and I'm instantly transported back...to a time that produced tons of insanely awesome music from so many incredible bands.

I mentioned to someone once, just take 1987 for instance. That year provided - (1) The Cure - "Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me," (2) Depeche Mode - "Music For the Masses," (3) New Order - "Substance," (4) Echo & The Bunnymen - "Bedbugs & Ballyhoo," (5) Gene Loves Jezebel - "House of Dolls," (6) Love & Rockets - "Earth, Sun, Moon," (7) Pet Shop Boys - "Actually," (8) The Psychedelic Furs - "Midnight to Midnight," (9) The Smiths - "Louder Than Bombs" and "Strangeways Here We Come," (10) Jesus and Mary Chain - "Darklands," and (11) The Cult - "Electric." Just to name a handful.

The very next year, Morrissey released "Viva Hate," Siouxsie & The Banshees released "Peepshow," the Cocteau Twins released "Blue Bell Knoll," and Peter Murphy with "Love Hysteria," Erasure with "The Innocents" and R.E.M. with "Green." In 1989, The Cure unleashed the amazing "Disintegration," The Pixies "Doolittle," The Cult "Sonic Temple" and New Order "Technique." 1990 saw Depeche Mode attain even greater majesty with "Violator." Unreal time period. Simply unreal.

Ah, I'm preaching to the choir for sure and really am just getting caught up in my own reminiscing. As you know, I've never ceased keeping with up music. But I always have to smile to myself when I hear some exclaim about the band du jour, "Wow!, listen to these guys...they sound just like [The Cure] [Joy Division] [Echo & The Bunnymen] [Depeche Mode], ad infin." Lulz.
    Had to share this -

My wife read this and "asked"-me-but-really-told-me, "Didn't U2 also release 'Joshua Tree' in 1987?'

Lulz.

"Yes, my love, but this list was not meant to be an exhaustive list. But I am ashamed I didn't include such a landmark LP in that list. Thank you dear."

Posting today's session momentarily...
    Last edited by FlaIronMind; 07-12-2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Typo

Mid-morning dungeon session. Middle of the week session, so backed off the weight a bit and kept things a little lighter than normal.

Today's session:

WU:
    Run to dungeon.

Front Squat:
    10 x 95lbs
    10 x 115lbs
    -------------
    5 x 135lbs
    5 x 185lbs
    5 x 205lbs
    5 x 225lbs
    5 x 245lbs

Jefferson Lift:
    5 x 135lbs
    5 x 185lbs
    ------------
    5 x 225lbs
    5 x 275lbs
    5 x 315lbs
    5 x 365lbs
    5 x 405lbs

Bench Press:
    10 x 95lbs (MG)
    10 x 95lbs (RG)
    8 x 145lbs (MG)
    8 x 145lbs (RG)
    ------------------
    5 x 185lbs (MG)
    5 x 185lbs (RG)
    5 x 205lbs (MG)
    5 x 205lbs (RG)
    5 x 225lbs (MG)
    5 x 225lbs (RG)
    Switch to WG...
    5 x 275lbs
    5 x 315lbs

Upright Row (WG):
    10 x 95lbs
    10 x 115lbs
    -------------
    5 x 135lbs
    5 x 155lbs
    5 x 185lbs
    5 x 195lbs

OH Press (BN):
    8 x 95lbs
    8 x 115lbs
    ------------
    5 x 135lbs
    5 x 155lbs
    5 x 185lbs
    5 x 185lbs

Close:
    Run home.

Great looking session! I recall those middle of the week training days with a slightly reduced load from my run of a 5x5 routine last winter - they proved to be useful more often than not.

Great looking session! I recall those middle of the week training days with a slightly reduced load from my run of a 5x5 routine last winter - they proved to be useful more often than not.
    Thanks brother. Yeah, even when doing my modified 5x5, I often opted to pedal things back a bit mid-week and it always seemed to aid the progression quite well. Of course, there were also always the instances where I felt that no such dialing down is/was necessary. But, today was a factor of numerous things. One, not having slept much recently and feeling that catching up with me. Two, waking up with a splitting migraine that never really let up. Three, various other sundry matters which just didn't lend themselves towards a stellar, heavy session, mentally anyway. So, all those things considered, it seemed like a good opportunity to reflect back on that 5x5 methodology. A bit anyway. Clocked in, clocked out. Got it done.

Corpsman 91-99 & forever cmoore's Avatar
    cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cmoore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Clocked in, clocked out. Got it done.
    thumbsup.jpg
    "I'm not a Ninja, but I played one on TV." -cmoore, American Ninja Warrior (ANW 7,8)

"Of all the things I lost during my cut, I miss my mind the most." -cmoore

LOL, indeed!

Point well made. It's funny how really good music is firmly rooted within a particular space and time, and yet, somehow remains timeless. A guy rolling down the Pacific Hwy with the top down blasting The Miracles' "Goin' to a Go Go" is squarely in the West Coast element, but Barry Gordy is riding shotgun. A piece of the Detroit Motown phenomenon is always there in spirit.

Wow...I hadn't quite put that all together the way you did in that amazing post. I guess the 80's music scene was about more than big hair and leg warmers, eh? Man, there's a lot to dig into in that list, but I do have to mention falling in love with that period of tunes and discovering an album that you mentioned:

It's hard to believe but I actually didn't discover "Violator" until much later (even though I had cassettes with their early stuff). But I remember the Banshees' stuff, New Order, and of course the Cure, REM, and Erasure tunes near the time of their release. I guess for me - and this may be overly simplistic - the distinction of the discs that you mentioned from the "typical" 80's musical output is the sincerity and depth of emotion that those groups mustered (despite the inherent coldness of some electronic instrumentation) that escaped much of the teenybopper, carefree, dance-oriented music that defines the era.

I mean, I listened to that stuff, too. At a party with a red plastic cup in hand, I'll listen to anything once. But while I dated that music, I certainly didn't consider marrying it. When I'm digging through my collection for that era of music, more often than not I'm looking for something like REM, not Expose' or Air Supply.

Had to share this -

My wife read this and "asked"-me-but-really-told-me, "Didn't U2 also release 'Joshua Tree' in 1987?'

Lulz.

"Yes, my love, but this list was not meant to be an exhaustive list. But I am ashamed I didn't include such a landmark LP in that list. Thank you dear."
    LMAO, she's just full of witty replies, isn't she? A dead ringer for my other half - in sensibility, if nothing else. I have the feeling that having them in the same room together would be an exceedingly bad idea...

(PS: "Sign 'o the Times" = 1987, as well)

baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Some epic sessions lately, very impressive.
    Where the mind goes the body follows.

IG @imbakes
    MFP bakerjb19

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Mirin size in new avi.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuark. HUGE.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Three, various other sundry matters which just didn't lend themselves towards a stellar, heavy session, mentally anyway.
    I hope this stuff gets worked out for you, brother!

Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    I'm just getting caught up, but this^^^^^ my friend. Prayers for you!
    "The LORD is my Strength and my Song, and He has become my Salvation! This is my God, and I will praise Him, my Father's God and I will exalt Him!" - Exodus 15:2

My Dry Bones Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135650711

Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    thumbsup.jpg
    Thanks Doc.

LOL, indeed!

Point well made. It's funny how really good music is firmly rooted within a particular space and time, and yet, somehow remains timeless. A guy rolling down the Pacific Hwy with the top down blasting The Miracles' "Goin' to a Go Go" is squarely in the West Coast element, but Barry Gordy is riding shotgun. A piece of the Detroit Motown phenomenon is always there in spirit.
    Amen.

Wow...I hadn't quite put that all together the way you did in that amazing post. I guess the 80's music scene was about more than big hair and leg warmers, eh? Man, there's a lot to dig into in that list, but I do have to mention falling in love with that period of tunes and discovering an album that you mentioned:

I loved that album. Incidentally, I haven't listened to it in decades. The last time I heard it was, on cassette, about the time it came out. Had a good friend of mine that I used to skate with. One morning before school (in high school), we had made plans to ditch the last couple of classes we had that day and head to Santa Cruz to skate one of our usual haunts - the old municipal pool (Derby) - which was emptied and became quite a famous skatepark. Bones Brigade II (or one of them anyway - back when all Tony Hawk could do was fall down) was filmed, in part, there as well.

Anyway, we started our day of classes. Chad had PE first period and it was swimming at that time. After my first class, I walked out of the room and was heading to the quad to cut across the campus and realized it was somewhat chaotic. Another friend of mine ran up to me and said, "Chad's dead!"

What?

Apparently he had had a cerebral hemorrhage while in the pool. He went underwater and those who noticed it thought he was playing around at first. That wasn't the case. After all was said and done and he was pulled from the water, he was dead.

"Earth, Sun, Moon" was the cassette we were listening to on the way to, and the way from, his funeral. I'll never forget it. And, as I said, since that time, I never listened to it again.

It's hard to believe but I actually didn't discover "Violator" until much later (even though I had cassettes with their early stuff). But I remember the Banshees' stuff, New Order, and of course the Cure, REM, and Erasure tunes near the time of their release. I guess for me - and this may be overly simplistic - the distinction of the discs that you mentioned from the "typical" 80's musical output is the sincerity and depth of emotion that those groups mustered (despite the inherent coldness of some electronic instrumentation) that escaped much of the teenybopper, carefree, dance-oriented music that defines the era.

I mean, I listened to that stuff, too. At a party with a red plastic cup in hand, I'll listen to anything once. But while I dated that music, I certainly didn't consider marrying it. When I'm digging through my collection for that era of music, more often than not I'm looking for something like REM, not Expose' or Air Supply.
    Amen again brother.

LMAO, she's just full of witty replies, isn't she? A dead ringer for my other half - in sensibility, if nothing else. I have the feeling that having them in the same room together would be an exceedingly bad idea...
    LOL! Surely the world would be unable to handle the two paired up.

(PS: "Sign 'o the Times" = 1987, as well)
    Another inexcusable omission on my part, particularly given its numerous references herein. Speaking of which, even though I mentioned 1989 up there, I was reminded of another piece of gandeur which was unleashed that year (and which I was listening to today - which reminded me).....

Originally Posted by baker View Post
    Some epic sessions lately, very impressive.
    Thanks brother.

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    Mirin size in new avi.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuark. HUGE.
    Many thanks bro. Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    Originally Posted by Swann74 View Post
    I'm just getting caught up, but this^^^^^ my friend. Prayers for you!
    Gentlemen, thank you. Very much appreciate the kind words, thoughts and prayers.

__________________________________________________ ________

Early morning dungeon session. Opened the place up. Not another soul. Perfectly still, perfectly quiet. All mine. Sweetness and light rolled into one. Hook up the iPod again to the dungeon sound system.

Tuneage:

Today's Session:

WU:
    Beach run to dungeon.

Squat:
    5 x 135lbs
    5 x 225lbs
    5 x 315lbs
    ------------
    5 x 405lbs
    5 x 495lbs
    Wrapped knees...
    3 x 585lbs
    3 x 635lbs
    3 x 675lbs

SLDL:
    5 x 185lbs
    5 x 225lbs
    5 x 275lbs
    ------------
    5 x 315lbs
    5 x 405lbs
    3 x 495lbs
    3 x 545lbs
    3 x 565lbs

Bench Press:
    5 x 185lbs
    5 x 205lbs
    5 x 225lbs
    ------------
    5 x 275lbs
    5 x 315lbs
    3 x 365lbs
    3 x 405lbs
    3 x 410lbs

Bent-Over BB Row:
    5 x 115lbs
    5 x 135lbs
    5 x 185lbs
    ------------
    5 x 205lbs
    5 x 225lbs
    3 x 275lbs
    3 x 295lbs
    3 x 315lbs

Close:
    15 minutes on heavy bag (3 min x 5).
    Run home.

Hope everyone is having an excellent weekend my friends.

camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Amazing work brother, although it doesn't surprise me. Simply outstanding, and some great tunes today as well.
    The world breaks everyone, some become stronger.

Pain is candy

Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by camau71 View Post
    Amazing work brother, although it doesn't surprise me. Simply outstanding, and some great tunes today as well.
    Pretty much this ^^^ on all counts.
    "The LORD is my Strength and my Song, and He has become my Salvation! This is my God, and I will praise Him, my Father's God and I will exalt Him!" - Exodus 15:2

My Dry Bones Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135650711

Early morning dungeon session. Opened the place up. Not another soul. Perfectly still, perfectly quiet. All mine. Sweetness and light rolled into one. Hook up the iPod again to the dungeon sound system.
    As it should be.

FWIW, the pic sums up the mood perfectly and is worthy of the repost.

Tuneage:
    Appreciated as usual...

Squat:
    5 x 135lbs
    5 x 225lbs
    5 x 315lbs
    ------------
    5 x 405lbs
    5 x 495lbs
    Wrapped knees...
    3 x 585lbs
    3 x 635lbs
    3 x 675lbs

SLDL:
    5 x 185lbs
    5 x 225lbs
    5 x 275lbs
    ------------
    5 x 315lbs
    5 x 405lbs
    3 x 495lbs
    3 x 545lbs
    3 x 565lbs
    Solid as a rock.

Bench Press:
    5 x 185lbs
    5 x 205lbs
    5 x 225lbs
    ------------
    5 x 275lbs
    5 x 315lbs
    3 x 365lbs
    3 x 405lbs
    3 x 410lbs
    Step by step, inch by inch...

Bent-Over BB Row:
    5 x 115lbs
    5 x 135lbs
    5 x 185lbs
    ------------
    5 x 205lbs
    5 x 225lbs
    3 x 275lbs
    3 x 295lbs
    3 x 315lbs
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuu...

(Er, uhm, I mean "atta' boy!")

Originally Posted by camau71 View Post
    Many thanks brother.

Originally Posted by Swann74 View Post
    Pretty much this ^^^ on all counts.
    Thanks bro.

As it should be.

FWIW, the pic sums up the mood perfectly and is worthy of the repost.

Appreciated as usual...
    My pleasure bro.

Solid as a rock.

Step by step, inch by inch...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu...

(Er, uhm, I mean "atta' boy!")
    Lulz. Thanks brother. The bench is progressing nicely. Feeling great with it.

---------------------------------------

Hit the ring again today.

Approx. 20 minutes heavy bag work (3 min. x 7), also doing some additional 30, 30, 30 runs not included in that time.
    Speed bag work + mitt work.
    Speed rope work + medicine ball time.
    Sparring.

Felt great. Though I've really not addressed it much previously, the gains/progression I've realized in my iron realm have resulted in a crushingly awesome, direct correlation to my pugilist realm, both in terms of force and stamina. One of the old fellas I train with in the ring, who is somewhat of a coach to me, perhaps said it best to me today with:

"Jesus Christ son."

Feelsdamngoodman.jpg

fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Some strong Training sessions here. Love the sparring, mitt work, rope skipping, medicine ball, etc. It keeps you fit and feeling like an Athlete.

Originally Posted by fbcoach View Post
    Some strong Training sessions here. Love the sparring, mitt work, rope skipping, medicine ball, etc. It keeps you fit and feeling like an Athlete.
    Yessir. As a former Golden Gloves boxer, such work is something I'll never relinquish.

Thanks for stopping by coach. Appreciate it.

Stand by for epic-ness...

Spinning some dusty, crackling vinyl this late Sunday night.

As if Tiny isn't awesome enough in and of himself, prepare yourself for the Hawk soaring in flight around the 2:38 mark.

One of the old fellas I train with in the ring, who is somewhat of a coach to me, perhaps said it best to me today with:

"Jesus Christ son."

Feelsdamngoodman.jpg
    High praise...

Stand by for epic-ness...

Spinning some dusty, crackling vinyl this late Sunday night.

As if Tiny isn't awesome enough in and of himself, prepare yourself for the Hawk soaring in flight around the 2:38 mark.

[youtube]p51MT5OMw-I[youtube]
    Great find! Everyone's in good form and clearly feelin' that groove.

High praise...

Great find! Everyone's in good form and clearly feelin' that groove.
    Thanks brother.

Page 101 of 142 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast