Wrkaholiq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrkaholiq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrkaholiq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrkaholiq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrkaholiq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

will I have saggy skin?

I'm trying to lose roughly 3o-45lbs (hopefully mostly body fat).

I'm lifting weights 4x a week (heavy)
    I'm jogging every day
    and I'm working at a calorie deficit of about 1000kCal/day.

I'm 34 years old and I am curious as to whether or not I will have saggy skin at the end of it. I'm definitely moisturizing and trying to drink plenty of water and I realize that everyone is different so how my body reacts will not be the same as others.

Is their anyone here that found themselves in the same predicament? After losing did you have saggy skin? How long did it take for it to snap back into place? Did you have to have surgery.

Naturally I'm talking about people who lost their weight at a reasonable pace and not superfast as well as someone who did not get one of the weight loss surgeries.

TIA

mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Keep in mind that everyone is different.

That being said, I lost almost 50 lbs and don't have saggy skin - EXCEPT maybe my belly... I still have some fat there to lose. I had 3 kids, the last one being a c-section and it was saggy - or I should say, saggier (if that's a word, lol) but as I'm losing weight, it's going down too. So maybe you won't!

karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Wrkaholiq View Post

I'm jogging every day

I'm 34 years old and I am curious as to whether or not I will have saggy skin at the end of it. I'm definitely moisturizing and trying to drink plenty of water and I realize that everyone is different so how my body reacts will not be the same as others.

Is their anyone here that found themselves in the same predicament? After losing did you have saggy skin? How long did it take for it to snap back into place? Did you have to have surgery.

Naturally I'm talking about people who lost their weight at a reasonable pace and not superfast as well as someone who did not get one of the weight loss surgeries.

TIA
    It´s all genetic...I´ve been size 18 3 times( am a 6 at the moment) and lost the weight both very fast and at a moderate pace and have no stretch marks or saggy skin, but neither does my mother (though she had 5 full term pregnancies). On the other hand I have had friends who have lost weight slowly, did not have much to lose and still had loose skin. Sometimes the skin can tighten up after having lost weight as well, just takes time...so what I guess I´m trying to say is that everyone is different so I have no real answer for you, but I do wish you the best of luck here.
    ...karoline...

KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No one can answer that question for you. Really. I know people who have lost over 100 lbs and don't have an ounce of saggy skin. I kow women who have lost 30 lbs and have lots of saggy skin. I personally have lost around 80 lbs and have a little bit of sag in my belly, but none anywhere else. (Of course I also have about 30ish more lbs to lose).

There really really really is no way of knowing how YOUR body and your skin is going to respond.

marshie924 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marshie924 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marshie924 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marshie924 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marshie924 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marshie924 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marshie924 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marshie924 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm jogging every day

TIA

Out of personal experience, i did notice some saggy skin in the chest area due to loss of fat. however the rest of my body seemed to adjust very well to my 60 lb weight loss over all, but i bulked up 20 lbs since ( out of choice)

Elvisthegoalie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Elvisthegoalie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Elvisthegoalie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Elvisthegoalie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Elvisthegoalie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Elvisthegoalie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Elvisthegoalie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Elvisthegoalie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Elvisthegoalie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Elvisthegoalie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Elvisthegoalie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    saw this linked off the main page and thought Id chime in:

losing that much weight that fast will probably produce some excess skin, but if you make absolutely sure that you drink at least the recommended amount of water a day you should see the skin bounce back quickly

when in doubt, drink more water! your skin needs it to retain its elastic abilities

hope this helps
    Note to self: don't yell out "beast mode" while switching to doggy style
    I REP BACK

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Now that the saggy skin issue is addressed, your workout routine and diet needs help. Too few cals and too much jogging.

Wrkaholiq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrkaholiq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrkaholiq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrkaholiq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wrkaholiq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Now that the saggy skin issue is addressed, your workout routine and diet needs help. Too few cals and too much jogging.
    This is at the request/suggestion/demand of my trainer. He wants me working at, at least 1k calorie deficit a day. I have a body bugg so that I can hit the nail on the head.

Why do you think that 1000 calories/day is too much?

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is at the request/suggestion/demand of my trainer. He wants me working at, at least 1k calorie deficit a day. I have a body bugg so that I can hit the nail on the head.

Why do you think that 1000 calories/day is too much?
    1000 cals a day is too little!!! If you have that much fat to lose odds are your maintenance cals are not 2000/day. Something is very wrong here or you're barely expending cals. Which goes back to too much jogging, not enough weight lifting. Cardio is icing in fat loss. Diet is number 1. Lifting is number 2.

A 1000 cal a day deficit should result in a 2 pound loss a week. Beyond 2 pounds, and sometimes beyond 1 pound, you also lose muscle. Which you do not want. You also do not want to maintain a very low cal diet for very long as your metabolism will slow down and stall out. You always want to eat as much as possible when losing fat to keep your metabolism going.

Post up some stats (age/weight/height).

I hate to rag on trainers I don't know, but many don't know their stuff. Any trainer that has you doing gobs of cardio and telling you to eat 1000 cals would make me run away.

workoutchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workoutchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workoutchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workoutchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workoutchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm jogging every day

I'm 34 years old and I am curious as to whether or not I will have saggy skin at the end of it. I'm definitely moisturizing lingerie and trying to drink plenty of water and I realize that everyone is different so how my body reacts will not be the same as others.

TIA
    I really hope you find your answer,
    I have friends who have lost a lot of weight
    and got no saggy skin and some others lose weight
    and only have a bit! So as everyone says its up to
    your body how it will react but I hope it goes really
    well for you!
    Last edited by workoutchick; 08-24-2010 at 09:34 AM.

helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I'm jogging every day

TIA
    It depends on your age, how fast you lose the weight, how long you were that weight, genetics. I am in my 40s and lost over 40 pounds in a year and have stayed lean for another year since. I have sagging skin in my lower abdominals. My arms firmed up nice as did my legs. I have thought about surgery but at my age and the cost and health risks involved is it really worth the vanity. I compete in figure and I use tape to pull the skin tight under my swimsuit bottom. It works and I didn't have to be cut open!
    '"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."'

~Jeremiah 29:11-13

Hugs, Wendy

megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    1000 cals a day is too little!!! If you have that much fat to lose odds are your maintenance cals are not 2000/day. Something is very wrong here or you're barely expending cals. Which goes back to too much jogging, not enough weight lifting. Cardio is icing in fat loss. Diet is number 1. Lifting is number 2.

A 1000 cal a day deficit should result in a 2 pound loss a week. Beyond 2 pounds, and sometimes beyond 1 pound, you also lose muscle. Which you do not want. You also do not want to maintain a very low cal diet for very long as your metabolism will slow down and stall out. You always want to eat as much as possible when losing fat to keep your metabolism going.

Post up some stats (age/weight/height).

I hate to rag on trainers I don't know, but many don't know their stuff. Any trainer that has you doing gobs of cardio and telling you to eat 1000 cals would make me run away.

I think she means 1000 cal deficit, not a 1000 cal a day...If I've read it right... if she has a trainer or whatever, I think they have this standard number 1500 cal... with that being said, and with her to lose up to 40 lbs of fat, I'll assume she is around 1000 deficit NOT considering the activity level meaning jogg etc....

so, no one knows how much she really weight and what her BF and height... but I'll assume that having 1000 cal deficit from food along is a little too intense...

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    hydaration is key, time taken to lose the fat is another
    very fast = some saggy skin initially
    slowly = less chance of this

that said, the real key is the time spent STAYING lean after losing the fat
    the skin will shrink back, but it needs time
    how much time?
    that varies from person to person

in my avatar I lost 44 lbs in 13 weeks, so I did have a little loose skin right in the midsection if I leaned forward too far, but it will go away if I manage to stay lean next time
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hydration for sure!!!! Also I am up to 55lbs lost and I have a bit of a pouch still but I also have had 3 babies in 3 years, I have about 20lbs more to lose. I think it has 80% to do with your DIET. Seriously, I know Tosca Reno ahs said that a million times and I believe that is true. You need adequate calories as other have said and the working out will certainly help you tone, vs just dropping the weight and not toning the area.

I do agree that every body is different, just thought I would chime in since i'm close to you in age (33) and already dropped 55. Best of luck in your journey!!!
    "The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince." - Lombardi

My 2011 Ergogenix Transformation Challenge Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=612088113#post612088113

megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    oh, forgot to comment on the actual question

I'll say its first of all genetic, second of all time, third hydration and slow fat loss

I had 3 babies and 3 years ago after I lost third baby weight dieting only, I had a lot saggy skin, so I actually considered tummy tuck, and even went to a surgeon and almost had the process done..

so then I had a few life changes, bottom line, I've been lifting for a while and slow cutting, so I can assure you I dont need a tummy tuck!

ftnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) ftnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) ftnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) ftnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) ftnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) ftnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) ftnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) ftnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) ftnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) ftnz is on a distinguished road. (+10) ftnz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Limit sun exposure and........

Hydration (lots of water as many here have already suggested)
    Fish Oil
    Flax Seed
    Baby Oil in your bath oil
    Coco Butter

Heavy Weights

Good luck. Regardless, you're beautiful just the way you are.

Originally Posted by megera View Post
    oh, forgot to comment on the actual question

I'll say its first of all genetic, second of all time, third hydration and slow fat loss

I had 3 babies and 3 years ago after I lost third baby weight dieting only, I had a lot saggy skin, so I actually considered tummy tuck, and even went to a surgeon and almost had the process done..

so then I had a few life changes, bottom line, I've been lifting for a while and slow cutting, so I can assure you I dont need a tummy tuck!
    Ftnzfreak

NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just to chime in a bit here. Skin is a large organ which like other organs in our bodies need time to adjust. Also, I don't know what your stats are but normally if you have a set amount of maintence calories you're normally supposed to diet abou 250 -500 calories under that. That being said, if you've been eating 500 calories over what you should have been eating then I can understand being at 1000 cal. deficit. But I don't know-we don't know exactly what your stats are.

But keep your protein up and as everyone else has said keep your water intake high so as to maintain your muscle which gives the body it's firmness. If you end up with a little loose skin give it time to tighten. But the big culprit in loose skin is normally weight lost too quickly. 2-3 lbs lost per week is normally good. Any more than that then your chances are higher unless you weight more than 350-375 then you may lose more than that weekly. So it depends. Just concentrate on the now. I'm sure you'll do a great job!
    I fall down but I get up again. I will not stop until my body makes me grin. :)

hmcarter2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm jogging every day

TIA
    Good luck to you! It also depends on where the fat is. Have you ever seen those people with a huge belly and normal everywhere else? Pregnancy or just being fat? If the fat is all in one area, you might have saggy skin. If the 30lbs come from everywhere, then more than likely you may not have saggy skin. As mentioned, genetics has a huge part to play. I was not blessed with good skin genetics.....my dermatologist who I see every 90 days will vouch for that. Don't stress too much over it though. I would rather you lose the weight, stay healthy and active than be overweight to avoid saggy skin. Good job on your hard work and effort! I am so very proud.