Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vroompac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Huge respect for people who do this. Good luck! Subbed for updates.

fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fireman_mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    subbed for more info. much respect

unsunghero93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unsunghero93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unsunghero93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unsunghero93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unsunghero93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unsunghero93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unsunghero93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unsunghero93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unsunghero93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unsunghero93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unsunghero93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep it up man, you're living the dream...even if its only my dream. I was army infantry till I got shot and had 5 surguries and got out medically. I have been trying to get back in since that day. The navy is the only branch who is willing to go to bat and try for me, so if I do im going SWCC. Keep going, the only easy day was yesterday..........

240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am jealous. I enlisted into the Marine Corps DEP with a contract for 6 years and Infantry with a sign on bonus last January. I was convicted of burglary at age 16 and no other trouble the rest of my life and am now 27. My background checks all came back clean despite me declaring my juvenile record. So i went to MEPS and was fingerprinted and signed into DEP. Not even 24 hours later I had a call from a Cheif warrant officer asking about my juvenile record. Needless to say, i was discharged. Pretty bummed i couldnt fulfill my dream and Good luck with your dream!

that which has emerged Alan David's Avatar
    Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Total respect and good luck.
    Look forward to hearing all about it
    "The two kinds of people, on earth I mean, are the people who lift and the people who lean."

EaS2010 is just really nice. (+1000) EaS2010 is just really nice. (+1000) EaS2010 is just really nice. (+1000) EaS2010 is just really nice. (+1000) EaS2010 is just really nice. (+1000) EaS2010 is just really nice. (+1000) EaS2010 is just really nice. (+1000) EaS2010 is just really nice. (+1000) EaS2010 is just really nice. (+1000) EaS2010 is just really nice. (+1000) EaS2010 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gl, the process itself is an inspiration.

Preventin' teh Scurvy Vitamin C's Avatar
    Location: Various GNCs, Vitamin Worlds, and friendly, local pharmacies
    Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by unsunghero93 View Post
    Keep it up man, you're living the dream...even if its only my dream. I was army infantry till I got shot and had 5 surguries and got out medically. I have been trying to get back in since that day. The navy is the only branch who is willing to go to bat and try for me, so if I do im going SWCC. Keep going, the only easy day was yesterday..........
    I speak for everyone when I write 'thank you' for your service.

People like you - the ones who refuse to lie down - are the reason I am in this to begin with.

Best of luck. Hopefully that works out for you and the Navy recognizes your potential.

Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 240witsr View Post
    I am jealous. I enlisted into the Marine Corps DEP with a contract for 6 years and Infantry with a sign on bonus last January. I was convicted of burglary at age 16 and no other trouble the rest of my life and am now 27. My background checks all came back clean despite me declaring my juvenile record. So i went to MEPS and was fingerprinted and signed into DEP. Not even 24 hours later I had a call from a Cheif warrant officer asking about my juvenile record. Needless to say, i was discharged. Pretty bummed i couldnt fulfill my dream and Good luck with your dream!
    Exact same here, except mine was for posession of an illegal substance at age 17.

They had me detail - extensively - the number of times I had 'used' as well as circumscribe the arrest incident.

My question is, why did they not give you a 'moral waiver' like they gave so many others?

240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240witsr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Vitamin C View Post
    Exact same here, except mine was for posession of an illegal substance at age 17.

They had me detail - extensively - the number of times I had 'used' as well as circumscribe the arrest incident.

My question is, why did they not give you a 'moral waiver' like they gave so many others?
    This is the sad but truthful answer ive been given by my recruiter and his NCOIC. With the economy in shambles and unemployment high, many people have resorted to join the military for a paycheck rather than the will/heart to serve the people and country. With all these people joining and the Iraq draw-down, Marine Corps has made their recruit qouta for the next year and the Army tightened their belts on recruit standards and pretty much took away all incentives/bonuses. Despite my good record as an adult, college under my belt, letters of recommendation from high ranking officers, and the heart and strength to serve... i simply can not due to my one time felony offense as a stupid kid. I was told to "try the army, they take anybody", but damnit.... i will not settle. I want a shot to earn the EGA.
    "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for my training in Krav Maga makes me the baddest mother f-er in the valley".

shark206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shark206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shark206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shark206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shark206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shark206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shark206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shark206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shark206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shark206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shark206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Good luck sir. I have a strong sense that doors will open up for you. I'm trying to get into law enforcement myself. Correction or police don't matter as long as i can get my foot in the door.
    "I'm living the dream"
    "You are what you eat"
    "You are what you train"

"You are a pussy without the badge"
    "I know, I am what I eat"

Countdown2012 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Countdown2012 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Countdown2012 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Countdown2012 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Countdown2012 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Countdown2012 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Countdown2012 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Countdown2012 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Countdown2012 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Countdown2012 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Countdown2012 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    navy seals are the most alpha

misc lyfe aint no strife midniteOG's Avatar
    midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    hey good luck bro! thinking of doing the same after i graduate. what are the qualifications?
    *****official misc photography crew *****

Update -- 29 AUG 10

Originally Posted by midniteOG View Post
    hey good luck bro! thinking of doing the same after i graduate. what are the qualifications?
    http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seals-g...uirements.aspx <--- All the info you will need

Hey everyone, just a quick update.

I'm on hold right now waiting for enough people for my class to show up so we can indoc and get started. Basically, that means I have plenty of time during the day to do my own training and stay in shape for the upcoming requirements.

Speaking of which, the culmination of this training is the exiting PST which goes as such:

1000m swim (20 minutes, w/ fins)
    Max pushups (70 or more)
    Max situps (60 or more)
    Max pullups (10 or more ... the first 10 are on their count ... the rest are up to you)
    4-mile run (31 minutes, running shoes, cammie pants, white t-shirt)

So that is the exit standard. I might be able to class up this Wednesday, otherwise it will be another week. Either way, I'm ready. I'll update again later on in the training.

namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by shark206 View Post
    Good luck sir. I have a strong sense that doors will open up for you. I'm trying to get into law enforcement myself. Correction or police don't matter as long as i can get my foot in the door.
    Same here man, I might actually go for military police but I'm not sure yet. Only problem is where I live police standards are way too damn strict so I would pretty much have to lie or get expelled for life and they do a polygraph test so I would have to beat that. It's my dream though so I'm going to go for it anyways.

jtslim has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jtslim has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jtslim has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jtslim has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jtslim has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jtslim has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile You Can Do Anything You Want

You can do anything you put your mind to, good luck.

Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000) Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000) Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000) Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000) Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000) Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000) Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000) Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000) Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000) Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000) Zaneseed is a name known to all. (+5000)
    awesome work thus far man, subbed this thread. keep at it, keep your goals in mind. i have to finish a waiting period before i can apply for selection, so i'm training for that in the meantime.
    one workout, one meal, one run, one day at a time
    Don't take your guns to town

☆★Spartan crew★☆

it.hunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) it.hunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) it.hunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) it.hunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) it.hunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) it.hunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) it.hunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) it.hunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) it.hunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) it.hunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) it.hunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is a continuation of my other thread titled, "I joined the Navy this past weekend," located somewhere in the Misc. section.

I joined the Navy September 15, 2008.

They would not let me go SEAL since I have a criminal background, so they gave me a rating ("job") in aviation. That was almost 2 years ago.

I submitted my SEAL package as soon as I got to my first command and just got picked up for BUD/S.

If I make it, the process will go like this: pre-BUD/S, then BUD/S, then SQT (SEAL Qualification Training), then on to the teams.

This is a journal of my experiences.

I will update at my earliest convenience.

I start pre-BUD/S in August and my orders have me slated for BUD/S in January.
    wow so they will deploy you into the combat zone straight?

Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Outstanding
    "The two kinds of people, on earth I mean, are the people who lift and the people who lean."

19 SEP 10 - Update

I class up Wednesday and will take a PST on Thursday.

I will post the results.

We will only have about 20 guys classed up as of Friday but that number will slowly rise to close to 200 by the time we take the exit test.

In the meantime I've been training hard and consistently.

Class 286 is about to head out to Coronado here within a couple of weeks to start PTRR (or Indoc). Best of luck to them.

pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pearldrummer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good luck.
    ''You can either feel the pain of discipline or feel the pain of regret. The choice is yours.'' - Jim Rohn

-US ARMY-

jjh4 is just really nice. (+1000) jjh4 is just really nice. (+1000) jjh4 is just really nice. (+1000) jjh4 is just really nice. (+1000) jjh4 is just really nice. (+1000) jjh4 is just really nice. (+1000) jjh4 is just really nice. (+1000) jjh4 is just really nice. (+1000) jjh4 is just really nice. (+1000) jjh4 is just really nice. (+1000) jjh4 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Best of luck

Thank you for your service to our country!

Good luck, and
    KICK ASS !

24 SEP 10 - Update

Took the PST yesterday and it went well. There were 8 of us supposed to class up but 2 guys failed the run portion. Best of luck to them in their future endeavors but they will have to wait two years to try out to train for SEALs.

Here are the scores that I got. Keep in mind that the push ups, pull ups and sit ups were all executed with absolute, unflinchingly perfect form ... or else the instructor would not count it!

Swim - 8:25
    Push ups - 95
    Sit ups - 81 (* lowest number I have ever gotten due to utilizing perfect form)
    Pull ups - 13 (* same as sit ups; perfect form only; no "kipping")
    Run - 8:40

My run time is still a little lagging but my swim time was the fastest I have logged for a PST.

We went through gear issue and stenciled all our stuff so now we are ready to start training as a class.

Honestly, it's a blast! We have about 15 coaches ("SMEs": Subject Matter Experts) all with backgrounds in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc. etc.; Hell, one of the guys won a bronze medal in the 2000 Sydney Olympics (1500m relay)! Pretty cool.

And of course we met the SEAL instructors who are much more "normal" than one would like to think. I mean that in a good way. They are actually pretty funny and like to joke around with us. The bottom line is that they want us to know that they respect us for our decision to go SEAL and remind us that it's up to us to make it through. As the SEAL Master Chief says, "Put out, don't quit. That's the secret to making it through BUD/S."

Alright everybody, this is where it starts. We will be here for about 4 months which means lots of good training.

As usual I will update when I can and Thank You for following along.

09 oct 10

This past Friday we had a visit from Commander Baker and Master Chief Paul Tharp.

Commander Baker has been on the teams for the past 16 years and MC Tharp for the past 24 years.

If you get the chance Google Paul Tharp, SEAL. This guy is incredibly fit and had a little pep talk for us. Basically he said that no one cares what we feel about BUD/S prep and that we should be humble and take the training for what it's worth, which is a chance to show up to BUD/S as a strong candidate.

He also said that they're going to drop the hammer on us at First Phase and that it takes more than a no-quit attitude to make it through since we are going to be watched closely day-in and day-out to see how we act under pressure.

He also said that the hardest part of First Phase is not hell week but it is the first three weeks due to the intensity and the monotony. He mentioned that some of us have what it takes and will make it through no matter what and that some of us just don't have it in us. He is looking for solid candidates to add to the quality of the teams and I agree.

It is going to be a long, tough road but that does not matter to me. If nothing else I have learned the hard way that adversity is the only way to grow. Perhaps that is the only thing I have going for me.

I know who I am, where I come from, where I am now and - most importantly - where I am headed. That's all I need to know.

Well, we just got 50 new guys and will take on an additional 130 or so in the next few weeks. I'm a boat crew leader (which I love, by the way) and I am honored to have the task of keeping my guys squared away and on the same page as the rest of the class.

We have good guys here. We also have some sh*tbags but they will be filtered out in time. For the hard chargers and the guys that put out I am here for them and will bend over backwards to help them out. That's who I am. That's what I do. I believe in working hard and staying humble.

The days are varied. Some days are pretty intense, others are a little more lax. In the end it's all beneficial to us as candidates. We have some great coaches and battle-hardened SEALs to guide us during our time here. We're all very lucky.

That's it for now. More to come later.

CFisk1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tharp sounds like a badass! David Goggins is an absolute animal and has been an inspiration of mine for a while now as well. I can't wait to read your posts on the rest of the BUDS process. Good luck!

WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just posting to wish you well and to encourage you to keep posting these updates, it is very inspiring to follow your progress.

seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) seabass08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck man. I'm so jealous. I've done a lot of stuff in my life. College football playing, coaching, MMA, police work, now back in sports training..............BUT I'll always have one regret, and thats never trying to be among the elite in the military. I'm 32, too old now, so we'll all have to live the dream through your success!! Good luck, can't wait to hear from you the day after you graduate to tell us some good stories!

Bigger, Stronger, Faster. kingof_queens's Avatar
    kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Subbed. I genuinely hope you make it! Please keep us updated future SEAL.
    "The Mind is the Battleground"

"I will not stop until I have an armor plated chest, boulder shoulders, castle back, pillar quads and a set of rock solid abs for the ladies"

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lots of luck, young man! And God Bless.. Always remember the sacred oath you took: "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.."
    Last edited by NorwichGrad; 10-10-2010 at 05:34 PM.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

23 oct - update

This past week went well for the most part.

Monday we had a meet and greet with the Milwaukee Admirals hockey team and it was a lot of fun. The coaches picked a group of 20 guys (including myself) to compete with and against the hockey players in various "boat crew" races. We all ended up at the beach and had food and listened to music. It was a nice change from the usual pace.

The rest of the week was business as usual except for Friday. Every day we are supposed to submit a drawing to the instructors in the morning. The drawing is supposed to be funny and poke fun at the coaches, instructors and the students (within reason of course). Well apparently the drawing submitted on Friday irritated one of the Chiefs so - after a long day of swim and run evolutions - he gave us a "beat down" session and followed up with a bunch of forming up and marching just to piss us off.

It was no big deal really, but we had one guy quit. All in all, about 10 guys have DOR'd at this point. For what reasons I have no idea.

That's pretty much it for now. Next week is right around the corner and I'm going to try and get some sleep while I can.

Until next time.