Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Time to start over and keep a real journal here, hopefully. Summer is coming to an end, which barely even started here in BC, the wedding is over, as of last week, and kids are in the future (2 -3 years) I want to push myself and see if I am comfortable enough and transform my body for a competition.

So I have a wedding to attend in Hawaii in February, so I have to look lean for that time. So lets say we'll pretend its a competition. So I have 7 months to prep for it. So for the first 5 months, we are going to blast my weight help, healthy wise. And then lean it all out for 2 months well retaining as much muscle as possible.

I will post my diet, training guide, and supplements to come.

SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartacusWinch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Diet:

Calories, calories, calories is the name of the game

I'm trying to increase my strength, and put some more size on. So as I have learned, your diet, either leaning out or, gaining good weight, all happens in the kitchen.

I have made a point of increasing my calories, and making sure my protein intake is above 200 grams. My protein intake is coming from eggs, tuna, peanut butter, and a high calorie protein gainer. My carbs I am aiming to get from oatmeal first and foremost, than whole wheat bread and again my gainer. Also included in my diet, is broccoli, tomatoes, banana, nuts, spinach, and either chicken, turkey, salmon, or lean beef for dinner. On days I don't train, or break a sweat, I will try to keep my carb intake lower, but my diet won't change much since I tend to eat cleaner, healthy foods to begin with, just eat more of them.

I am going to use fitday.com to watch my diet, as of yesterday, I took in 3800 calories, 378g of carbs, 119g of fat and 228g of protein, so pretty good. Any input on my diet would be much appreciated, since I am always and still learning.

Training:

Since I am going for size and strength, I need to remove the isolated exercises, and focus on the compound exercises. I am doing a two day split, legs/shoulders, and chest/back.

I am going to have 2 heavy days, one for each split, and 2 light/explosive days for each split, so that I am working out at least 4 times a week. If a 2ndary muscle group is sore from the previous day and is the primary muscle for that training day, I either alter my exercises accordingly or take a rest day.

My core exercises are squats, deadlifts, bench press, and push press.

I have completed 2 days so far, the first being:

Legs/Shoulders
    Squats 8 sets x 3 - 5 reps
    SL Deads 5 sets x 3 - 5 reps
    Push press 6 sets x 3-5 reps
    Upright rows 5 sets x 3-5reps

I will post my weights being used next week

My light days are superset days. While my heavy days are rest days and focusing on form and increasing the weight with each set.

The name of the game for training is heavy, and rest rest rest.

Supplements:

Protein - Allmax IsoFlex and a weight gainer, Bio - X Nitro Juice
    Multi - no multi but attempting to go with taking vitamin D, vitamin C and Zinc every night before bed
    Fish Oils
    Creatine - Right now I'm taking Purple K by Fusion, and will probably continue to for the rest of the summer, but as of sept/oct. once I am not concerned about water weight, I will switch to creatine monohydrate. I am throwing around the idea of running some size on as well.
    Joints - when I take a joint supplement I find i am a ton more flexible and less prone to injuries, so I am taking Allflex right now.
    Since I work long days I need a pick me up, I love superpump, but its expensive, so I'm sticking to my canadian companies and taking either a pill or two of FUBAR before lifting.

Pics and expanding thoughts to follow.

nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SpartacusWinch View Post
    Time to start over and keep a real journal here, hopefully. Summer is coming to an end, which barely even started here in BC, the wedding is over, as of last week, and kids are in the future (2 -3 years) I want to push myself and see if I am comfortable enough and transform my body for a competition.

So I have a wedding to attend in Hawaii in February, so I have to look lean for that time. So lets say we'll pretend its a competition. So I have 7 months to prep for it. So for the first 5 months, we are going to blast my weight help, healthy wise. And then lean it all out for 2 months well retaining as much muscle as possible.

I will post my diet, training guide, and supplements to come.
    Awesome bro! great to have you back on the journal scene, I know your workouts will definitely motivate me. Not too many other backcountry skiers on here putting up some big weights and gettn shredded.

Agree 100% using the Hawaii wedding as a target goal - When I was going down to Arg yearly for some late Aug/Sept turns I'd always have that target in mind and would use it to make sure I peaked my conditioning for the trip. sadly this year is not looking like it'll happen to get back south unless I find a ski touring partner willing to throw down the dough. Just gonna save it for maybe Japan or Euroland this winter. but targets are extremely helpful in pushing your motivation and intensity. the Hawaii wedding is perfect for that.

Diet:

Calories, calories, calories is the name of the game

I'm trying to increase my strength, and put some more size on. So as I have learned, your diet, either leaning out or, gaining good weight, all happens in the kitchen.

I have made a point of increasing my calories, and making sure my protein intake is above 200 grams. My protein intake is coming from eggs, tuna, peanut butter, and a high calorie protein gainer. My carbs I am aiming to get from oatmeal first and foremost, than whole wheat bread and again my gainer. Also included in my diet, is broccoli, tomatoes, banana, nuts, spinach, and either chicken, turkey, salmon, or lean beef for dinner. On days I don't train, or break a sweat, I will try to keep my carb intake lower, but my diet won't change much since I tend to eat cleaner, healthy foods to begin with, just eat more of them.

I am going to use fitday.com to watch my diet, as of yesterday, I took in 3800 calories, 378g of carbs, 119g of fat and 228g of protein, so pretty good. Any input on my diet would be much appreciated, since I am always and still learning.
    our diets are eerily similar. I just need to find the time to start using fitday again and tracking the cals and macros.

Training:

Since I am going for size and strength, I need to remove the isolated exercises, and focus on the compound exercises. I am doing a two day split, legs/shoulders, and chest/back.

The name of the game for training is heavy, and rest rest rest.
    nice dude, count me in. i'm keen to follow your progress and keep pace with my lifts

Supplements:

Protein - Allmax IsoFlex and a weight gainer, Bio - X Nitro Juice
    Multi - no multi but attempting to go with taking vitamin D, vitamin C and Zinc every night before bed
    Fish Oils
    Creatine - Right now I'm taking Purple K by Fusion, and will probably continue to for the rest of the summer, but as of sept/oct. once I am not concerned about water weight, I will switch to creatine monohydrate. I am throwing around the idea of running some size on as well.
    Joints - when I take a joint supplement I find i am a ton more flexible and less prone to injuries, so I am taking Allflex right now.
    Since I work long days I need a pick me up, I love superpump, but its expensive, so I'm sticking to my canadian companies and taking either a pill or two of FUBAR before lifting.

Pics and expanding thoughts to follow.
    as long as you have some caffeine for pre-workout (even a coffee or espresso, IMO) you're good to go.

good luck man and good to see you back posting. I know i'll definitely pull some motivation from what you're doing in the journal and hopefully likewise from my own.

also hoping you get an early winter. Have a chance to possibly do some touring or lifts up in BC in mid-november. offer always stands if you ever want to head down to jackson for a week, ski tour and train.

So I have included some pictures to track my progress visually.

Today is my light leg and shoulder day which will be a superset day.

1a.Jump squats 6 x 6
    1b.Pullups 6 x til failure

2a.Leg press 5 x 15
    2b.Calf raise 5 x til failure
    2c.arnold press 5 x 8-12

3a.Lunges 4 x 8 -12
    3b.Shrugs 4 x 12 - 15

4a.Hamstring Raises 4 x 6 - 8
    4b.Face Pulls 4 x 8 -12

My preworkout meal/breakfast includes half of my weight gainer shake, and a cup of oatmeal mixed w/ walnuts and craisins.
    I'll try to post after my workout
    Attached Images

Workout was good.

I found my cardio let me down doing the supersetting and higher reps than my muscles did.
    I also think I ate too much before the gym, especially since this workout session was at a faster pace than my heavy days. I would probably only have half a cup of oatmeal prior.
    My post workout shake was 2 scoops of isoflex with 2 scoops of waxy maize along with 2 capsules of Purple K.
    My post workout meal was scrambled eggs (3 whole eggs, and 3 egg whites) and 1/2 cup of quinoa.
    My lunch was a large whole wheat turkey sandwich and I have had almonds and bananas in between.

Tomorrow is my heavy chest and back day, so I will post after, maybe with some numbers

Rest day, got home late from work, going to hit the sack and rest up for tomorrow.

nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rest day, got home late from work, going to hit the sack and rest up for tomorrow.
    hate that when it happens. but usually a good call not to force the workout and give'r the next day instead.
    I got chest on Wednesday so i'll be looking for some motivation here!

Originally Posted by nwskier View Post
    hate that when it happens. but usually a good call not to force the workout and give'r the next day instead.
    I got chest on Wednesday so i'll be looking for some motivation here!
    Well, it was my heavy day, so it went.

8 sets of bench press - 2 warm up sets, and then 6 working sets. I was able to muscle out 3 sets at 275 for 3 reps each, and my last set was 280 for 3 reps
    4 sets of heavy dips - 45, 55, 65 and 75lbs for 5 reps.

Went on to wide grip rows- 6 sets, working at 225lbs for 4-5 reps
    and one arm rows with 120lb dumbbells, for 5 reps each, 4 sets.

Your press is higher than mine, but know that I am coming for ya

Have a good lift.

Heavy legs tomorrow, if I'm rested enough.

Jordan

Your press is higher than mine, but know that I am coming for ya

Have a good lift.

Heavy legs tomorrow, if I'm rested enough.

Jordan
    solid pressing Jordan! liking the motivation there too -
    but I'll be sure to put in a huge effort tomorrow. gotta keep some distance

lately been doing a lot of incline bb first, but past two chest workouts have switched back to flat.
    not sure if i'll start w/ incline or flat.

and not fair w/ the 120s! our gym only goes up to 100lbs so I only get to play with 120s+ when i'm traveling for work or fun (but I'll take full advantage then)

I'll try not to disappoint tomorrow. Hope you get a brutal session on the legs tomorrow! btw you should crush me on DLs as I don't go too heavy on those (too many lower back injuries from competing in moguls back in the day; taking DLs conservatively and slowly trying to build them up)

Tim

Good leg workout today.

I was pretty bagged, but nothing like visting a different gym and some caffeine can't fix.

Hit the squats first:
    3 warm up sets, 135, 185 and 225.
    Then started packing on the weight, for me. Was able to muscle out 315lb with great form. Threw down 365lb for 2 reps and pyramid'd down. Did 7 working sets.

SL Deads next, and was working on 355lb for 3 reps with great form. However I forgot my straps, and would have liked them since my focus was on legs, and not grip, next time.

Went to push press, which felt good at first, but I tired quickly when the weight got up to 185lbs, most likely due to a tired chest and back from yesterdays workout. 6 working sets.

And lastly, heavy upright rows wide grip, with 135 on the smith machine for 5 x 5.

Finished off with my post workout shake, purple K and subway about an hour later.

On the fence on whether to go with another bottle of purple K or switch to Size on. I like the purple K because it doesn't bloat you. But with size on I got great results, strength and size wise.

Tim, please know that I am gunning for you, and I have developed my routine strictly to surpass in lifts

I think Incline is more beneficial than flat, but its always fun just to hammer out sets with the flat bench. I think they both have their place in conditioning and strength/size. With my routine I am switching the flat and incline every week on my heavy days.

I have been hearing a lot of positive things about decline bench as well, especially for adding mass and strength, do you incorporate it, or just go with dips?

Good leg workout today.

Hit the squats first:
    3 warm up sets, 135, 185 and 225.
    Then started packing on the weight, for me. Was able to muscle out 315lb with great form. Threw down 365lb for 2 reps and pyramid'd down. Did 7 working sets.

SL Deads next, and was working on 355lb for 3 reps with great form. However I forgot my straps, and would have liked them since my focus was on legs, and not grip, next time.

Went to push press, which felt good at first, but I tired quickly when the weight got up to 185lbs, most likely due to a tired chest and back from yesterdays workout. 6 working sets.
    Strong workout J! I haven't done push press forever, may need to rotate that in one of these next delt days.
    I may try my return to squats next week... had to stop after some lower back issues towad the end of ski season. I'll probably do a 'test run' soon- i'm bored w/ leg press and seeing your squat work is making me want to get back to some heavy squatting soon!

On the fence on whether to go with another bottle of purple K or switch to Size on. I like the purple K because it doesn't bloat you. But with size on I got great results, strength and size wise.
    That's a tough call. I've had great results w/ Size On. Probably need to order some as its' been a long time since I've been on it. had some great gains last fall when I had it.

Tim, please know that I am gunning for you, and I have developed my routine strictly to surpass in lifts
    haha, cool man. I welcome some friendly competition. it'll definitely push me to keep the workouts firing!
    I absolutely draw motivation from the journals I follow and the comments I receive on my workouts.

If you're going to top any of my numbers, you're going to have to work for it
    Let's see where we can push each other the next few months with some online training support!

If I end up visiting some friends in Whistler this winter, we'll have to see how things go down on the snow too, haha

I think Incline is more beneficial than flat, but its always fun just to hammer out sets with the flat bench. I think they both have their place in conditioning and strength/size. With my routine I am switching the flat and incline every week on my heavy days.

I have been hearing a lot of positive things about decline bench as well, especially for adding mass and strength, do you incorporate it, or just go with dips?
    Incline BB is the best for size and power, IMO. But switching back to flat was so much fun b/c I was cranking out heavier sets and felt awesome. It's good to rotate, but i've seen the best strength gains by doing incline bb first and then pushing flat to midworkout.

In regards to Decline- you'll rarely if ever see me do it. I had a labral tear about 3 years ago, and with a bum shoulder- decline (and upright rows) are about as bad an idea as they come. Personally though i'm not a huge fan of decline b/c of the limited ROM- I prefer decline DB presses w/ an inward twist at top of the ROM for maximal chest work. But like anything, that's a personal preference and you gotta do what works for you. That being said, I do think it's possible to gain strength on decline. Really comes down to what part of the press is your weak link and what you can gain/improve the most from.

As for dips- they are a favorite. But I have to tread cautiously. It's one of the other exercises that my sports doc said I should be weary of w/ the shoulder history. Sucks too, because weighted dips are one of my favorites. So occasionally I'll throw them in when I get a green light, but I stay away from going too heavy. Weighted dips, though, many people swear by their ability to really add strength and size as the best exercise for triceps and chest. I also believe them to be on par w/ incline bb and CGBP as far as effectiveness

Done two workouts since my last post. Did my chest/back and felt like doing another heavy leg training session. My chest/back workout was good, but I probably should have rested instead. My chest and shoulders were still sore from the previous days workouts, but it was a light day, so I pushed through it. However, yesterdays leg workout was awesome. Had some extra time so was possible to do heavy squats with partials, some wide stance squats, leg press, good mornings, sl deadlifts, finish it off with leg extensions, and some calf work as well.*

Great workout today. I have decided to move my shoulder lifts to my chest and back day, so I guess I am now doing an upper/lower split. I was finding that my upper body was getting double attention when having shoulders on leg day.

So for example today's workout was, rack lifts, incline bench, weighted pullups, weighted dips, and upright rows.

Rack lifts 8 sets (2 warmups) x 3-5 reps, best set, 465 x 3
    Incline Bench 8 sets (2 warmups) x 3- 5 reps, best set, continually 225 x 3. I was trying not to arch my back, but I am having hard time breaking 225, patience
    Weighted pull ups 5 sets, b/w + 45lbs x 5 reps, drop weight and do one pull up and hold til failure
    Weighted dips 5 sets b/w + 75lbs x 5 reps
    Wide grip upright rows 100lbs x 8 x 3 sets

I find my workouts are somewhat dependent on my pre workout meal ie. breakfast, so I try to stay fairly light. I have 2 scoops of protein weight gainer (500cals, 25g of protein) upon rising, and either a banana, or 1/2 cup of oatmeal. My post workout meal, after my post workout shake is 7 eggs (2 whole eggs, 5 egg whites) and 1/2 cup of quinoa, along with a piece of fruit.

My weight is steadily climbing to what I had it a long time ago, so I feel like its easy to put weight on right now, but I'm sure once I get it to 195lbs it'll get much more difficult. Although my wife made a comment about some chubbiness on my neck (i think she was just bugging me, i think) I haven't put on a lot of fat weight. Even if I have, its ok as long as my lifts are going up and weight, since this is my bulk.

Tomorrow is a rest day, than a heavy leg day on Tuesday. But I'm hesitate on the squats, so I think I have some sort of compression injury in the middle of my back, and it only occurs once I up my weight on the squats.

Jordan * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Great workout today. I have decided to move my shoulder lifts to my chest and back day, so I guess I am now doing an upper/lower split. I was finding that my upper body was getting double attention when having shoulders on leg day.

So for example today's workout was, rack lifts, incline bench, weighted pullups, weighted dips, and upright rows.

Rack lifts 8 sets (2 warmups) x 3-5 reps, best set, 465 x 3
    Incline Bench 8 sets (2 warmups) x 3- 5 reps, best set, continually 225 x 3. I was trying not to arch my back, but I am having hard time breaking 225, patience
    Weighted pull ups 5 sets, b/w + 45lbs x 5 reps, drop weight and do one pull up and hold til failure
    Weighted dips 5 sets b/w + 75lbs x 5 reps
    Wide grip upright rows 100lbs x 8 x 3 sets
    Nice to find a groove but shoulders and chest is a one helluva a session! great numbers on the rack lifts, you'll be killing my measly DLs in no time.
    strong lifting Jordan!

definitely finding some fuel from the workouts. I rotated some weighted chins back into the game (will have to do pullups next time)

I find my workouts are somewhat dependent on my pre workout meal ie. breakfast, so I try to stay fairly light. I have 2 scoops of protein weight gainer (500cals, 25g of protein) upon rising, and either a banana, or 1/2 cup of oatmeal. My post workout meal, after my post workout shake is 7 eggs (2 whole eggs, 5 egg whites) and 1/2 cup of quinoa, along with a piece of fruit.

My weight is steadily climbing to what I had it a long time ago, so I feel like its easy to put weight on right now, but I'm sure once I get it to 195lbs it'll get much more difficult. Although my wife made a comment about some chubbiness on my neck (i think she was just bugging me, i think) I haven't put on a lot of fat weight. Even if I have, its ok as long as my lifts are going up and weight, since this is my bulk.

Tomorrow is a rest day, than a heavy leg day on Tuesday. But I'm hesitate on the squats, so I think I have some sort of compression injury in the middle of my back, and it only occurs once I up my weight on the squats.
    what time of day do you usually lift - mornings?

i'm in the same boat with you on the squats. i've developed some weird occasional numbing in the mid left back toward the middle end of ski season. it doesn't come back often anymore, but with squats those were the one lift I had to avoid. easy does it is the smart way on the ramp back up. I started w/ some 225 sets and worked on depth last week. I'm going to work on some high volume, low weight for squats and see how the lower back responds

I got a rest day tomorrow (well, definitely mountain biking after work!) but back at it with some heavy incline on Wed.

Got in some legs last while I was up at work in Whistler just at the community gym. Its a good gym, for a small gym, kind of pricey though.

Tim, I went with the deep squats as well. I wanted to go heavy, since it was my heavy leg day, but I kept it easy and just worked on deep squatting and trying to see if my back began to act up. It didn't, my back is fine today.

I hit up the leg press hard with heavy low reps, and lots of light high reps. Lots of calf raises as well.

I finished off with heavy hamstring raises.

Today I am taking it easy, and tomorrow will be my light upper body day, than light leg day on friday hopefully.

I'm not sure about my upper body day, I just felt that I was overwhelming my upper body by training shoulders on a seperate day from chest and back, especially if I was doing lets say incline bench and pullups.

I personally think shoulders don't need to be trained as thoroughly as the chest, back and legs, so I'm quite happy with my shoulders getting trained with the incline bench and upright rows. * * * * * * * *

I usually train around 8ish at night on week nights, and first thing in the morning on the weekends. I prefer morning workouts, but work only allows me to workout at night if I want hit the weights.

Jordan * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * **

Got in some legs last while I was up at work in Whistler just at the community gym. Its a good gym, for a small gym, kind of pricey though.

Tim, I went with the deep squats as well. I wanted to go heavy, since it was my heavy leg day, but I kept it easy and just worked on deep squatting and trying to see if my back began to act up. It didn't, my back is fine today.

I hit up the leg press hard with heavy low reps, and lots of light high reps. Lots of calf raises as well.

I finished off with heavy hamstring raises.

Today I am taking it easy, and tomorrow will be my light upper body day, than light leg day on friday hopefully.

I'm not sure about my upper body day, I just felt that I was overwhelming my upper body by training shoulders on a seperate day from chest and back, especially if I was doing lets say incline bench and pullups.

I personally think shoulders don't need to be trained as thoroughly as the chest, back and legs, so I'm quite happy with my shoulders getting trained with the incline bench and upright rows. * * * * * * * *

I usually train around 8ish at night on week nights, and first thing in the morning on the weekends. I prefer morning workouts, but work only allows me to workout at night if I want hit the weights.

Jordan * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * **
    lol, I've lifted at that gym before! The one in Alpine with the rink and pool, right? some friends live right up the street from there.
    whistler for work does not suck though.

as far as the training split, sounds like you've got a solid plan right now that works for you so run with it! Incline will definitely hit shoulders so no harm done if you don't do any delt pressing, etc.

i'm going to be adding in some bb delt presses b/c i'm not happy w/ where my delts are atm. still tinkering with the main compound/core lifts but always good to mix it up.

pretty similar schedule to me- I usually lift around 6-7pm on weekdays and weekends it all depends - either morning or late afternoon.

next week will be fun (when I can get time in to lift). gotta head to vegas for work so i'll be sure to squeeze in 2-3 workouts at the local 24HR gym so I'll get to play with a lot more equip than my small gym has to offer in jackson. excited to hit some flat bench again - saw a nice strength boost last time I changed it up at a 24HR on the road so expecting some similar results

Got in a good leg workout on Friday night. Did:
    Sumo squats supersetting with skipping rope
    SL deads supersetting with skipping rope
    Box squats w/ box jumps
    Leg press pyramiding - best set was 9 plates each side for 4 reps (i think); supersetting with calf raises

Saturday went for a 8 hour hike - Tim: up Cerise creek just off the duffey, have you ever been up there, its a great spot for touring as well.

Today, after a late night to bed due to our hike, but got in 8 hours or so and made my way to the gym. It was a heavy upper body day so,

Flat bench - 2 warm up sets than worked up from 225lbs and hit 275lbs x 4 reps and 305 x 1 - without a spotter, I think a spotter would definitely help me get more reps in

Seated smith machine shoulder press 4 sets x 185lbs and 1 set at 225lbs for partial reps

Bent over rows - 4 sets x 225lbs and 2 sets at 235lbs x 3

Incline dumb bench press - 4 sets, best set being 105lbs x 4

Pull ups 5 sets 3 sets @ b/w + 75lbs x 4 reps

I am trying to hit the pullups hard, should be noticing a difference in the next few weeks I think, if their working.

Still trying to get my calories in, but I haven't noticed any extra fat yet, I'm thinking I might be considered a hard gainer, so I will need to get more carbs, and maybe an extra weight gainer protein shake to get some more weight.

Weighed myself this morning, and was at 190lbs, so I have added some weight in the last month, patience and keep on pushing.

Yesterday I was able to take in 6kcals, about 2000 more than I had been originally going for.

Really trying all ways to pack on size, but am bumping into some difficulty with my upper body. I'd like to go upper/lower split, at least training 4 times a week. But it turns into a long workout when I try to hit chest and back hard, and adequately hit the shoulders. Plus I would like to include one bicep and one tricep exercise. So have pondered with the idea of
    Day 1 - chest/back
    Day 2 - Legs (squat and SL deads)
    Day 3 - rest
    Day 4 - shoulders/arms/abs
    Day 5 - Legs (hamstring/calf emphasis)
    Day 6 - rest
    Day 7 - repeat or rest

We'll see, tomorrow will be chest and back and possibly shoulders. I had a real good upper body workout last time and am pumped for another.

I am sticking to key exercises and doing many sets of them, and last night was my first day of it.

Legs
    Squats
    Set 1 x 135 x 21
    2 x 185 x 12
    3 x 225 x 6
    4 x 275 x 5
    5 x 315 x 5
    6 x 335 x 4
    7 x 365 x 3
    8 x 365 x 3
    9 x 365 x 2 drop set to 315 x 2 to 225 x 4 to 135 x 8

SL Deads
    1 x 135 x 12
    2 x 225 x 6
    3 x 315 x 5
    4 x 335 x 5
    5 x 365 x 5
    6 x 385 x 4
    7 x 405 x 3
    8 x 405 x 3 drop set 315 x 5 to 225 x 6 to 135 x 8

Seated Calf raises to finish

Tomorrow it will be chest with back
    Incline bench press - my goal is to get 225 for 5 reps
    T-Bar rows -
    Heavy flat flyes
    Weighted pull ups

If time permits - shoulder press, olympic curls, and tricep press downs

wow man nice pressing and lower squat/dl #s. i'll comment more when I get back from this darn tradeshow that's kept me out of the gym for about 6 days. ugh. solid work on those lifts bro