ALWAYS double taps. carbonmade78's Avatar
    carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

carbonmade's strong curves journal

Hey everyone! I used to frequent this forum back in the day (read: 4 years ago or so) and have been just lurking lately. Decided I needed some help and accountability as I can't seem to stay focused on my health at times.

I finished the SC beginner workout (since I haven't lifted in a while) and I'm starting the SC advanced workout set. I took before pics of the booty and will be comparing them to after pics. I'll be using this journal to scribble notes about my workouts and diet as I go.

My plan is to hit 1750 cals/day, without too much stress about macros outside of proteinz. I'll be hitting about 150g of protein daily, and the rest of my macros are whatever. I find that if I obsess too much about all that stuff, I tend to get derailed. I'll try to keep cheat meals at a minimum - like a few a month - and keep alcohol to wine, with a glass or two on Saturday and Sunday. At the moment I'm 165 lbs and 38% BF (as done by a BodPod - yikes).

Besides the SC plan, I'm a belly dancer and tend to dance 1 - 2 hours per day, depending. I'm gearing up to visit Portland at the start of June where I"ll get to train with one of my favorite dancers ever for 9 days - Rachel Brice. I'm super stoked, so I'm trying to get myself back on the healthy track before I go up there. I figure while I'm there, I'll work though the 'at home' version of SC.

Not quite sure about cardio - so burned on running. I may try to throw in a few HIIT sessions per week just for cardiovascular reasons - I'll shoot for two a week.

I did the SC Week 1 - Workout B today.

Bodyweight 1 legged shoulder elevated hip thrust - 3 x 8 (these were hard dang!)
    Assisted pull ups - 3x5x65
    DB Step Ups - 3x10x25's
    BB Shoulder Press - 3x8x40 (could prob have done 45 here)
    1 legged 45 deg back extensions - 2 x 12
    Straight Leg Sit up - 1x20
    Hip Abduction - 1x20x90
    Side bends 45 deg - 1 x 20

Anyways.. I'll post more details tomorrow.
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes!!!!!!! Great plan. God to see you back!
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Busy busy week with dance so just now getting back to the journal. Had a performance Tues night, class wed night, rehearsal tonight, and another performance tomorrow. Ugh. Tired.

Anyways... did SC Workout C for week 1 today.

Barbell american hip thrust - 3 x 20 x 25
    Single Arm Cable Row - 3 x 8 x 40
    Goblet Squats - 3 x 5 x 40
    Single Arm DB Bench - 3 x 8 x 15s (could have done more but all the DBs were taken. Gr.)
    KB Swings 3 x 8 x 25 (was supposed to be cable pull throughs but no ropes were to be had)
    side Lying abductions 1 x 30
    Sit Ups - 1 x 25
    Ab twists - 1 x 20 x 15

Will try to go to the gym tomorrow before I get ready for performance #2 this week, but not sure it will happen. We are dancing at Comicpalooza tomorrow. I know. Weird, right? Don't understand it myself, but eh - I guess I'll do it. We are dancing two sword pieces - fun times. I'm a bit stressed about it all. I'm a miserable person to be around as of late because of it, but hopefully after tomorrow I can take a huge exhale and just be glad it's all over.

Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    Yes!!!!!!! Great plan. God to see you back!
    Thanks! Good to be back!
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

Well, our performance at comicpalooza went really well - better than I thought. Although the stage was carpeted and it wasn't the best for dancing. I messed up a few times, but little things no one but I would notice. All in all, a success.

Worked out twice this weekend - Saturday and today. In the 2nd week of SC.

Workout A - 5/23/15
    Barbell Hip Thrust - 3 x 20 x 35 (can go up weight here I think)
    1 Arm DB Rows - 3 x 8 x 25's
    Barbell Squats - 1 x 5 x 95, 2 x 5 x 105
    Incline DB Press - 3 x 8 x 25
    RDL - 3 x 5 x 105
    Cable Abduction - 1 x 20 x 3 plates (don't know the weight here - my gym is old and the numbers have been scratched off)
    Plank - 60 secs
    Side Plank - 30 secs (these still are hard for me)

Workout B - 5/25/2015
    1 leg Shoulder elevated hip thrust - 3 x 10
    Chin Ups (assisted machine) - 3 x 5 x 65 (work on weight here)
    Step Ups - 1 x 10 x 25 (was too much so went down), 2 x 10 x 15s (20 is prob good for these..but couldn't find 20 dbs)
    BB Shoulder Press - 3 x 8 x 40 (need to go up here)
    1 Leg 45 deg extension - 3 x 12 (was supposed to only do 2 sets but did 3)
    Sit Up - 1 x 20
    Side Bends - 1 x 20
    Seated Abduction - 1 x 20 x 110 (I don't have bands to do these, so I just used the 'bad girl' machine)

So yeah - that's it so far. Diet this weekend was bit off due to the holiday weekend and the festivities, but I feel on point today. I think maybe I should start recording what I'm eating too - just for extra accountability. Weight on Saturday was 163. If I can get down 10 lbs before our next performance in Louisiana in July, I think I'll be a super happy camper

Anyways - hope everyone has a good week!

Todays workout:

SC Workout C (My gym is really ratchet so I had to sub some exercises in bc of missing equipment)

BB Hip Thrust - 3 x 20 x 40
    Single Arm Cable Row - 3 x 8 x 45
    Goblet Squats - 3 x 5 x 35
    Single Arm DB Bench - 3 x 8 x 20s
    KB Swings - 3 x 10 x 25
    Side Lying Hip Raise - 1 x 10
    Sit Ups - 1 x 20
    Ab Twist - 1 x 20 x 15

Danced for an hour today + short yoga sesh. Did some good zil work.

I said I was going to start tracking food so here it is: (Mind you - it's the end of the school year and for teachers, this means metric crap tons of treats/baked goods/etc. So for the next few days, they may sneak their way in there..)

Breakfast - 1 egg, 1/4c. egg white, 1 slice cheese, 1 slice canadian bacon, 1 low carb tortilla
    Lunch - leftover chicken fried "rice" (cauliflower rice), 4 hershey kisses
    Snack - 160 g fat free greek yogurt + 15 g honey, orange, low fat string cheese, 1 brownie
    PreWO - Super Charge (this stuff sucks)
    PostWO - 1 scoop pp, 1 serving frosted cinnamon crunch + almond milk
    Dinner - salmon patty, salad w/ yogurt ranch dressing
    Total Cals: 1745

Really wanted popcorn, but passed - trying to keep the cals in check.

Ok! Workout today was SC Workout B (In 3rd week)

Shoulder Elevated 1 leg glute raise - 3 x 12
    Chin Ups (Assisted Machine) 3 x 3/2 x 60/65
    DB Step Ups - 3 x 10 x 20's
    BB Shoulder PRess - 3 x 8 x 45
    1 leg hyperextension - 2 x 12
    Leg Abduction - 1 x 20 x 110
    Sit Ups - 1 x 20
    Side Bends - 1 x 20

This is probably favorite workout of the week. Also did an hour of dance practice today.

Food so far today:
    B - Protein pancakes for breakfast w/ light butter and sf syrup,
    PWO - protein shake, cereal
    L - Gr ckn salad w/ light blue cheese dressing, 1 mango
    S - yogurt, 1 rice cake w/ 12 g pb
    D - is going to be turkey tacos - just haven't had it yet

Sooo looking forward to this week - last week of school yay!! Then Friday I leave for vacation and my week long dance intensitve. SUPER nervous but starting to get excited. I think 'vacation mode' has already kicked in in my head which is dangerous because then I start eating crap and drinking crap and it's a horrible spiral. :P I will endeavor to keep on track though. Hubby and I went out for mexican food on Friday and I had margaritas and not good for you food. Ah well. Have to chalk that up to a fudge up and just move on I guess.

didn't weigh myself this weekend - will do so friday before I leave. I need to set up little rewards for me as I hit my weight loss markers - I've heard that really helps.

Well, I hope everyone has an amazing week!

OMG OMG OMG OMG! I got back from my dance trip in Portland last week and it was A.MAZ.ING. Completely mind blowing and rejuvenating! I got to spend 8 days with some really fabulous ladies and got the chance to study with one of my idols so I feel very lucky and blessed!

I totally planned on doing the SC home workout in Portland, buuuuuuut... that got the x real fast. Every day we would go and do yoga/dance for 6 hours, then have to come back to the house we were staying in and study and dance more. It was pretty exhausting so no workouts outside of yoga/dance happened. I ate pretty well, but didn't freak out about calories or anything - but since we were staying in an airbnb, we had a kitchen and cook all our meals. I think I ate out only 3 meals the entire 8 days I was there. Score!!

Anyways, I got back last week and my body needed a few days down time so I took it. Did a few workouts, but nothing too structured. Going to get back on SCs tomorrow It's so good to be back!!

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey i am doing Strong Curves too.. I am more of a lurker than a poster myself. I log more on BodySpace
    Welcome back
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine