DantebeaR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not sure how I should structure my routine. Need some guidance please.

So I have goals to apply to CSOR (Canadian SOF). I have time in the military so my general fitness is pretty good. For the past few months I have been doing a full body split to increase my overall strength which has worked out better than I had planned. Today I received a package outlining the fitness standards one should have before attempting to apply if they wanted to be competitive in the selection process. There are a bunch of areas, but here are the main points I want to be able to hit to get max points;

- Bench: 350lbs 1RM

- Bench: 165x17+

- Squats: 200x15+ at least parallel (can be high/low bar or front squat)

- Pushups: 55+

- Pullups: 14+

- 2.4km Run: < 8 Mins

- 5km Run: < 22 Mins

- 8km Run: < 34 Mins

There are other areas like vertical jump and swimming but these are the areas I want to focus on improving. Now obviously my normal Full Body routine or even 5x5 or 5/3/1 wouldnt be that effective for this (other than my bench) because I am not trying to improve my strength per-say.

Here is what I can currently do;

- Bench: 245lb 1RM

- Bench: 165x15

- Squats: Havn't tested 200lb yet but another bracket is 175lbs which I can do for 15 (22+ at 175lbs for the same points as 15+ @ 200lbs)

- Pushups: Can only do 21 (using proper form and depth)

- Pullups: 10 (from deadhang to chin over bar)

The running is my worst area. Right now it takes me 20 mins to run a 2.4km. It has always been an area that I have neglected.

So my plan was to do something like this;

Do an upper/lower 6 days a week.

For the upper I would do 5/3/1 for bench press followed by 165lbs for reps. I am almost able to hit 17 and once I do I just need to maintain that. After bench I would do pullups then pushups. I dont know what would be the best way to progress in both of those tho.

For lower I was thinking about doing something like 3x5 @ 200lbs and every week adding reps like 3x6, then 3x7. Then after those I would finish with 5/3/1 deadlifts.

For the cardio portion, I usually have time to workout in the morning before work then in the afternoon I am able to go back to the gym. So my plan would be on lower days, go for a run in the morning (was thinking about using the C25K program) then in the afternoon do my lower split. This would allow me the entire upper day as a recovery.

Any thoughts on my plans? I am open to any suggestions. I am finding it harder to program because I am looking to progress in reps, not weight (other than the 1RM bench).

themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Consider hiring a coach
    ig: @monkaycrak

Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173015051

5/7/16 Meet Results: 391/237/534 @ 161.

9/24/16 Meet Results: 402/242/528 @ 159.

3/18/17 Meet Results: 402/253/545 @ 163.

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pick up Tactical Barbell's strength (3rd Edition) and conditioning books. Run Base Building with a strength emphasis to start, then transition to Fighter Bangkok with Green protocol. Base Building will definitely up your endurance.

Make your Fighter strength cluster bench/squat/weighted pull-ups with kettlebell/dumbbell swings as a finisher. For your strength-endurance cluster obviously incorporate push-ups then round it off with some abdominal exercises and maybe some conditioning ones (e.g. burpees).

Green protocol is your conditioning. Focus on runs naturally, add a ruck march often (I'd recommend once a week), and sprinkle in the occasional "fun run" (described in the book).