DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Nutrition for Tendon Strength

I am wondering what kind of food is available (if any) that assissts in tendon healing and/or increasing tendon strength. Two months ago, I injured my shoulder, and my physeotherapist has deduced that it is a minor tear in my tendon. I have seen a fair amount of improvement, but two months is too long for me, and I am looking for anything that will speed up this recovery.

I have been taking omega-3 supplements for about a year now due to a joint issue in my back (it works like magic) and I was hoping the anti-inflammatory effect of omega-3 would help with the tendon, but so far it has shown to be of little to no use. Omega-3 works on lubricating joints, so I wasn't expecting any benefit, but I was hoping.

I also looked up glucosamine, asked both my physeotherapist and a local pharmacist, and every source said it would help with joint issues, not tendon.

So, as I asked at the start, is their anything (supplement or food product) that you can take to speed up the recovery and/or strengthen your tendons?

I appreciate the help!
    Bench: 215x12 (17/12/2011) PR since torn RC

"Being the best in your circle is not enough; you have to think bigger to become a champion. Don’t think like a small fish in a big pond or else when you get to the ocean you’ll be eaten alive." - Fouad Abiad

"Proper preparation prevents poor performance," - Kai Greene

DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bump
    Bench: 215x12 (17/12/2011) PR since torn RC

"Being the best in your circle is not enough; you have to think bigger to become a champion. Don’t think like a small fish in a big pond or else when you get to the ocean you’ll be eaten alive." - Fouad Abiad

"Proper preparation prevents poor performance," - Kai Greene

TonyV67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm looking for answers on this too...I always feel like my muscles can handle more of a load than my tendons can! And know if I could only strengthen my tendons, then I could start to see some awesome gains!

oGoblin is on a distinguished road. (+10) oGoblin is on a distinguished road. (+10) oGoblin is on a distinguished road. (+10) oGoblin is on a distinguished road. (+10) oGoblin is on a distinguished road. (+10) oGoblin is on a distinguished road. (+10) oGoblin is on a distinguished road. (+10) oGoblin is on a distinguished road. (+10) oGoblin is on a distinguished road. (+10) oGoblin is on a distinguished road. (+10) oGoblin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    maybe someone can shed some light
    ---------------
    I secretly Rep back.

basspro05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basspro05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basspro05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basspro05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basspro05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basspro05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basspro05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basspro05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basspro05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basspro05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basspro05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My doctor advised me that you can not strengthen tendons, and they take so long to heal because of the lack of blood flow they receive. I've been nursing tendinitis in my right shoulder for 2 months as well.

R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50) R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50) R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50) R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50) R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50) R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50) R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50) R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50) R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50) R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50) R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So far in the gym I have NEVER had joint problems but have always suffered Tendon problems periodically. I am mainly effected in both my elbows. I also notice my muscles will allow me to lift more than what my Tendons can support dispite good form and controlled reps. I have tried so many supplements and have noticed most are designed to help with joints but not Tendons.

I have recently started using Labrada's Elasti-Joint, it contains 2000mg MSM, 1500mg Glucosime Sulfate, 1200mg Chondroitin, 900mg Vitamin C and more IMPORTANTLY 500mg Hydrolyzed Gelatin (Collagen).
    Hydrolyzed Gelatin provides the components of Collagen which is the basis of connective tissue for skin, ligaments, connective tissue & vertebral discs. The Vitamin C combined is essential for the synthesis of the collagen and reconstruction.

I've now been taking this supplement for two months now taking one scoop every evening with a meal and I can honestly say the probelm in my elbows seems to have disappeared, maybe it's a coincidence or maybe the formula in this product is a perfect blend. It also tastes great
    Failing this I would seriously consider other products I have used which also focus on Tendons, Doctor's Best Collegan Types 1 & 2, Now Foods Type II collegan.
    “YOU ONLY GET ONE OPPORTUNITY IN LIFE, ONE MIND, ONE BODY, ONE SOUL, RESPECT YOUR BODY GIVE IT THE NATURAL RAW NUTRITION IT REQUIRES AND SEEK THE REWARDS, STAND TALL AND BE PROUD OF YOURSELF IN LIFE”

“THERE ARE NO LONG TERM SHORT CUTS IN BODYBUILDING, YOUR BODY IS TO BE USED NOT ABUSED”

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by R3DEMPTiiON View Post
    I have recently started using Labrada's Elasti-Joint, it contains 2000mg MSM, 1500mg Glucosime Sulfate, 1200mg Chondroitin, 900mg Vitamin C and more IMPORTANTLY 500mg Hydrolyzed Gelatin (Collagen).
    Hydrolyzed Gelatin provides the components of Collagen which is the basis of connective tissue for skin, ligaments, connective tissue & vertebral discs. The Vitamin C combined is essential for the synthesis of the collagen and reconstruction.
    I'm not certain if this is a joke, if someone is simply fooled by very silly supplement marketing nonsense or if this is an attempt at spam. But since you bumped this thread, I'm guessing you are trying to, oh, shall we say, advocate of certain supplements.

♚ Elected V.P. - R/P ♚ sawoobley's Avatar
    sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    A well balanced micronutrient rich diet composed of mainly minimally processed and whole foods.

Stay humble, not pathetic sailingpece's Avatar
    sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First of all connective tissue can take years to turnover. All the scientific literature that I've been exposed to indicates that joint supplements may be useful for acute low grade injuries. Consider seeing a physical therapist or general physician; apart from your body's repair mechanisms wilst sufficient nutrition is provided joint supplements won't do jack ****.
    Correlation does not imply causation. The Plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

When you believe in things you don't understand you suffer, superstition aint the way.

Lets Not talk about what COULD be, nor what WOULD be, but rather what really is.

I'm not an MD, nor am I a bro scientist.

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The solution is to let it heal first, period. I have strained tendons and when coming back I have rehabbed the area with light weights and high reps. Make sure you make very slow and precise movements, no different than if you were strengthening your rotator cuff muscles and tendons, which everyone should do anyway. Do it repeatedly until you start feeling the area improve, and it should if it's a tendon issue.

Was it the long head of the bicep?

IN the meantime use the down time to work on those legs that likely need work, get your overall cardiovascular fitness improved if need be and you can keep your core strong as well. Also there are arm exercises you could do depending on what part of the shoulder is injured, at least imho.

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have heard some say Cissus helps. I am thinking of getting some but need to research it before I potentially waste my $$$.

usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Warm up thoroughly (1-2 minute per body part, at least), increase your heart rate before starting the actual workout, and stretch after working out. That helps me a great deal. Also, drink lots of water.

teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10) teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10) teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10) teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10) teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10) teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10) teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10) teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10) teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10) teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10) teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i'm no expert but i'm pretty sure there isnt any particular food for specifically targeting tendons, i'd recommend eating a variety of high micro-nutrient foods at maintenance or even a surplus. eating at a deficit, you wont be giving enough nutrients to your body to repair properly

StrengthCampSociety ICEMANLIDDELL's Avatar
    ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000) ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000) ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000) ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000) ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000) ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000) ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000) ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000) ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000) ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000) ICEMANLIDDELL is just really nice. (+1000)
    Glucosamine, and believe it or not, deer antler, apparently harvested during its soft growth stage, lots of hormones and blood in it or something? either way make sure your getting minerals vitamins etc, just keep a great healthy diet and give yourself plenty of rest and drink water.

heres a link to some sources.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/26...gthen-tendons/

R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50) R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50) R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50) R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50) R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50) R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50) R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50) R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50) R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50) R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50) R3DEMPTiiON will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I tried to give you some advice from my experience as I have had similar problem, why would I bother wasting my time putting something on here for a joke?
    “YOU ONLY GET ONE OPPORTUNITY IN LIFE, ONE MIND, ONE BODY, ONE SOUL, RESPECT YOUR BODY GIVE IT THE NATURAL RAW NUTRITION IT REQUIRES AND SEEK THE REWARDS, STAND TALL AND BE PROUD OF YOURSELF IN LIFE”

“THERE ARE NO LONG TERM SHORT CUTS IN BODYBUILDING, YOUR BODY IS TO BE USED NOT ABUSED”

Rebelling in my psychosis thegymbum's Avatar
    thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you want to maximize tendon health, the quick and dirty rule is never overdo it with anything that causes you to feel significant strain in your tendons. They're repaired more slowly than muscle tissue, so if you have an injury, it's DEFINITELY a good reason to take time off, more importantly than would be for a muscle injury. It's just the way the body's natural healing process works. Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation for two days, moist heat after that if it's still an issue. As for nutrition, as far as the latest science takes us, there isn't a miracle nutrient for tendon repair- just your basics of getting enough of each of the macros

jev12b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tidbit

Smoking will make your tendons brittle. But like others say, I believe water and a proper diet is all one can do. Until more research is done I wouldn't put a bet on anything claiming to feed tendons. However, like smoking look up things 'not to do' (or consume). It's more likely to be something that your doing than something you need to do anyway. How's your Ph? Do you smoke or have you been a smoker?