Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000) Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000) Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000) Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000) Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000) Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000) Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000) Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000) Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000) Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000) Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000)

German Volume Training Questions (reps)

reps for helpful answers.

i really want to do this for gains, rather than strength purposes. i can't follow it exactly, since i am unable to do excersises like squats for a long time (doctor said...so i would be doing other leg workouts like leg curls/extensions). this would be the routine i would make up:

-60% of all my maxes-

Day 1- Monday
    -Bench Press (10x10)
    -Chin-ups (10x10)
    -Incline Dumbbell flyes (3x10)
    -One Arm Dumbbell Rows (3x10)

Day 2- Tuesday
    -Weighted Lunges (10x10)
    -Lying Leg Curls (3x10)
    -Leg Extensions (3x10)
    -Calf Raises (3x20)

Day 3- Wednesday
    Rest

Day 4- Thursday
    -Parallel Bar Dips (10x10)
    -Incline Hammer Curls (10x10)
    -Bent over Dumbbell lateral raises (3x10)
    -Seated Dumbbell lateral raises (3x10)

Day 5- Friday
    Rest

then i would repeat all of that for 6 total weeks. after 6 weeks, i would head into a 3 week, recovery phase. then move onto a more intermediate program, etc... what are your thoughts on this? should i not even attempt this or are there any other things you guys would replace with anything i have? its gonna be hell for those six weeks, but im looking for some serious gains within a pretty short amount of time (in a year and a half, i want to gain 40 pounds)

thanks
    Last edited by c[_]; 12-27-2009 at 11:00 AM.
    Karl Joseph is best db prospect in draft
    Dansby fukin Swanson crew
    Mallex Smith aka Kenny Lofton jr crew
    Jakeem Grant will be better than Tavon Austin

Trump 2016 MAGA

build the fukin wall

SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by c[_] View Post

i really want to do this for gains, rather than strength purposes. i can't follow it exactly, since i am unable to do excersises like squats for a long time (doctor said...so i would be doing other leg workouts like leg curls/extensions). this would be the routine i would make up:

-60% of all my maxes-

Day 1- Monday
    -Bench Press (10x10)
    -Chin-ups (10x10)
    -Incline Dumbbell flyes (10x10)
    -One Arm Dumbbell Rows (10x10)

Day 2- Tuesday
    -Leg Extensions (10x12)
    -Lying Leg Curls (10x12)
    -Calf Raises (10x20)

Day 3- Wednesday
    Rest

Day 4- Thursday
    -Bent over Dumbbell lateral raises (10x10)
    -Seated Dumbbell lateral raises (10x10)

Day 5- Friday
    Rest

then i would repeat all of that for 6 total weeks. after 6 weeks, i would head into a 3 week, recovery phase. then move onto a more intermediate program, etc... what are your thoughts on this? should i not even attempt this or are there any other things you guys would replace with anything i have? its gonna be hell for those six weeks, but im looking for some serious gains within a pretty short amount of time (in a year and a half, i want to gain 40 pounds)

thanks
    i did everything similar except for the volume of the last 2 supplementary exercises. i believe they should be 4x12's but that was what the program called for. if you can't squat you should at least do something other than leg extensions/curls. i did squats supersetted with glute ham raises but i would think that lunges or leg presses supersetted with stiff leg deads or glute ham raises would suffice. i only did about 4 weeks of gvt before i switched back to my original strength based routine but that's the path i would have followed with 6 weeks on beginner's phase, 3 week recovery on my previous routine then 6 weeks of the intermediate phase.

i don't see why you shouldn't go for it, but it takes alot of willpower to make those 10x10's, especially the negatives each rep for each set.
    MSC

Best Raw Total: 1405

Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000) Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000) Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000) Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000) Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000) Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000) Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000) Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000) Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000) Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000) Waka_Flocka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by S4ndm4n View Post
    i did everything similar except for the volume of the last 2 supplementary exercises. i believe they should be 4x12's but that was what the program called for. if you can't squat you should at least do something other than leg extensions/curls. i did squats supersetted with glute ham raises but i would think that lunges or leg presses supersetted with stiff leg deads or glute ham raises would suffice. i only did about 4 weeks of gvt before i switched back to my original strength based routine but that's the path i would have followed with 6 weeks on beginner's phase, 3 week recovery on my previous routine then 6 weeks of the intermediate phase.

i don't see why you shouldn't go for it, but it takes alot of willpower to make those 10x10's, especially the negatives each rep for each set.
    thanks for the info. yeah the doctor said i really shouldn't do squats whatsoever, because of my spinal chord. so im just going to wait it out until my body is completely done growing. anyways im not really trying to focus on my lower body right now as much. i know people will think im dumb, but my lower body is much better than my upper body, and i don't want it to look too unproportional. i don't think not doing squats will make too big of a difference.

btw, did you notice any gains in that 4 week period? i heard you start noticing gains very quick with this routine.

Trump 2016 MAGA

build the fukin wall

SpikeNeedle is just really nice. (+1000) SpikeNeedle is just really nice. (+1000) SpikeNeedle is just really nice. (+1000) SpikeNeedle is just really nice. (+1000) SpikeNeedle is just really nice. (+1000) SpikeNeedle is just really nice. (+1000) SpikeNeedle is just really nice. (+1000) SpikeNeedle is just really nice. (+1000) SpikeNeedle is just really nice. (+1000) SpikeNeedle is just really nice. (+1000) SpikeNeedle is just really nice. (+1000)
    thanks for the info. yeah the doctor said i really shouldn't do squats whatsoever, because of my spinal chord. so im just going to wait it out until my body is completely done growing. anyways im not really trying to focus on my lower body right now as much. i know people will think im dumb, but my lower body is much better than my upper body, and i don't want it to look too unproportional. i don't think not doing squats will make too big of a difference.

btw, did you notice any gains in that 4 week period? i heard you start noticing gains very quick with this routine.
    If he said it stunts your growth, don't listen to him. That's false if you do it right.
    Workout Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121163621

Originally Posted by SpikeNeedle View Post
    If he said it stunts your growth, don't listen to him. That's false if you do it right.
    i promise you he didn't. i have something fuked up with my spinal chord and he says to not risk anything until my body is done growing.

Trump 2016 MAGA

build the fukin wall

SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SandMayne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

yea i'd take it easy off lowerbody if you're having issues with your spinal cord. i did make some chest gains during the 4 weeks. i switched flat 10x10 for inclined 10x10 and made gains in the upper chest. i also noticed my endurance with these exercises increased. unfortunately it took me 3-4 weeks just to regain the explosiveness/strength lost while on gvt.
    MSC

Best Raw Total: 1405

the things im worried that i won't be able to finish are chin-ups, leg curls, and the lateral raises. im doing chin-ups at my house every day right now, so in a month (when i am finally able to work out) ill be able to put up a lot more...but right now i can only do about 3-4 sets of 10 chin-ups. leg curls are always one of my weaknesses and i have never done lateral raises before in the gym (srs).

what should i do if i can't complete them? should i lower the weight? or should i stay at 60% and see how many more i can do?

Trump 2016 MAGA

build the fukin wall

gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    its ****ing terrible, ill fix it for you

gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonnebehuge will become famous soon enough. (+50)

-60% of all my maxes-

Day 1- Monday
    -Bench Press (10x10)
    -Chin-ups (10x10)
    -Incline Dumbbell flyes (3x10)
    -One Arm Dumbbell Rows (3x10)

Day 2- Tuesday
    -Hack Squat/leg press (10x10)
    -any type of deadlift (10x10)
    -Leg extension (3x10)
    -Leg curls (3x10)

Day 3- Wednesday
    Rest

Day 4- Thursday
    -Bent over Dumbbell lateral raises (3x10)
    -Seated Dumbbell lateral raises (3x10)

Day 5- Friday
    Rest

thanks
    fixed

bulking to 235 by Dec. derdog909's Avatar
    derdog909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) derdog909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) derdog909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) derdog909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) derdog909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) derdog909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) derdog909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) derdog909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) derdog909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) derdog909 is on a distinguished road. (+10) derdog909 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^^^^
    this is how it should be
    the supplementary exercises at the end should be three sets of 10
    the way you had it would be incredibly taxing on your body and CNS
    Pi Kappa Alpha

Current supplements:
    Fish Oil
    Multivitamin
    Creatine
    Dymatize Whey

"I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. " - Henry Rollins

Originally Posted by gonnebehuge View Post
    fixed
    oh shyt. i saw that you were supposed to do 3 sets of 10-12 here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/luis13.htm

but i never wrote it up there. don't know why. i think i just forgot to. thanks for reminding me to change it. lawl, i was just thinking how the fuk am i supposed to make it through this workout, and that is why. i seriously feel really dumb for putting 10 instead of 3.

ill get you (reps) when i finish repping everyone else i owe. (check sig)

Trump 2016 MAGA

build the fukin wall

how does it look now? like i said i have to switch up some excersises due to what my doctor said. i really don't want to risk anything, and i doubt it should make too big of a difference. i think the risk far outweighs the difference it will make, so please check it now.

Trump 2016 MAGA

build the fukin wall

how does it look now? like i said i have to switch up some excersises due to what my doctor said. i really don't want to risk anything, and i doubt it should make too big of a difference. i think the risk far outweighs the difference it will make, so please check it now.
    its better now, but for legs i would highly suggest a heavy compound movement.

since you cant do squats, maybe you can do leg presses or hack squats? any kind of deadlifts for hammies/lower back?

if not lunges will work okay since thats a compound as well

ive heard great things about this program and i plan on running it after a few months of FST7

4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4backcracks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    no squats?

my order of next best leg exercises would be
    1. deadlifts
    2. leg presses
    3. romanian deadlifts
    4. step ups

if none of those then weighted lunges should be good

" what should i do if i can't complete them? should i lower the weight? or should i stay at 60% and see how many more i can do? "

You should start with a sample week where you do weight you are certain you can handle but where you can still get a workout. it should give you an idea of where you should be at in weight with your lifts, and show you whether or not this type of training is right for you

I did this myself with squats, I saw decent mass gains and very good strength gains within 2 weeks, but i couldnt stick with it because it is so mentally taxing ( as in ridiculous amount of time doing one exercise and the work it takes to get hose last few sets)
    Will you still rep me when I'm no longer age:20 and aesthetic?