smokedout08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Joining the Marine Corp. Need to cut weight

Im currently 5'9 and 220 lbs. I need some suggestions on what type of exercise routine and Nutritional diet will help me cut some serious weight?? I have to be down to 192lbs. I want to cut to gain muscle and lose weight in a healthy way but rapidly as possible so i dont have to delay joining for a long period of time.

d218 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d218 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d218 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d218 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d218 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d218 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d218 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d218 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d218 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d218 is on a distinguished road. (+10) d218 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just run/pullups/pushups/sit ups and eat 4-6 small meals every 2.5-3 hours

eljobber is a name known to all. (+5000) eljobber is a name known to all. (+5000) eljobber is a name known to all. (+5000) eljobber is a name known to all. (+5000) eljobber is a name known to all. (+5000) eljobber is a name known to all. (+5000) eljobber is a name known to all. (+5000) eljobber is a name known to all. (+5000) eljobber is a name known to all. (+5000) eljobber is a name known to all. (+5000) eljobber is a name known to all. (+5000)
    First of all, I applaud you for making the choice to join the service.

Now to answer your question, its all about exercise and diet from here on out. Get used to not drinking any type of soda. Your recruiter should be willing to run with you in the mornings. Start knocking out pushups, situps and pullups. Before I joined the army I could barely do 10 pushups. Just knock them out whenever you can.

Diet is all up to you. You are the reason your body is the way it is. Get rid of sodas, sugar products, and fast food. Replace it with Water (sugar free crystal light), fruits, and home made healthy meals.

toiwnz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been a Marine for 5 years now and I applaude you for wanting to be the best. But wanting to be the be the best does come with a price. I was in the same boat as you when I wanted to join. You'll quickly find that the Marine Corps is reall really big on running. You can be as strong, as cut, or as lean as you want but if you don't have a decent 3 mile run time you'll have problems your whole career. Running was my first area I had to work. Not only does it get you read for boot camp, PFT (physical fitness test), and CFT (Combat fitness test). But it will help getting rid of some of that extra weight. Next comes pull ups. Pulls ups is where you make you money on your PFT. A lot of the daily pt (physical training) that you'll see in boot camp deals with a lot of cardio and circuit trainning. And that doesn't end at boot camp. You'll find that a lot of the pt you do in the Marine Corps deals with cardio. Your weight trainning is usually done on your own time after work. Speak with your recruiter. He should have some work out plans that will get you prepared for boot camp. He also has a wealth of knowledge on basic things you need to know before you leave. If you have any questions just hit me up.

Registered User marinecorpsmfkr's Avatar
    marinecorpsmfkr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by toiwnz View Post
    I've been a Marine for 5 years now and I applaude you for wanting to be the best. But wanting to be the be the best does come with a price. I was in the same boat as you when I wanted to join. You'll quickly find that the Marine Corps is reall really big on running. You can be as strong, as cut, or as lean as you want but if you don't have a decent 3 mile run time you'll have problems your whole career. Running was my first area I had to work. Not only does it get you read for boot camp, PFT (physical fitness test), and CFT (Combat fitness test). But it will help getting rid of some of that extra weight. Next comes pull ups. Pulls ups is where you make you money on your PFT. A lot of the daily pt (physical training) that you'll see in boot camp deals with a lot of cardio and circuit trainning. And that doesn't end at boot camp. You'll find that a lot of the pt you do in the Marine Corps deals with cardio. Your weight trainning is usually done on your own time after work. Speak with your recruiter. He should have some work out plans that will get you prepared for boot camp. He also has a wealth of knowledge on basic things you need to know before you leave. If you have any questions just hit me up.

Bravo, and of course....YUTTTTTTTTTTT.

True talk tho, pull ups are the money maker. Dont worry about mass before you go to boot camp, it will all go away for the most part after 3 months of no lifting. honestly focus on getting more pullups and running 3 miles at a good time.

xf220 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Look into hydroxy cut. Ive read good things about it. As always, I am not a doctor, so check with one before starting anything!

waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waco has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Cut out all white flowered carbs, run run run and run, you should be doing 3-4 miles everyday one day off a week. Fat will melt off your body, don't worry about muscle, your going to be doing a LOT of running in BootCamp with little wight training. Leave the body Building alone until you get into the fleet, the gyms are friggin outstanding in the Corps!!!!! and free too.
    11B

smokedout08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks Fellas

Glad to see that i have some support from Marine Corps Members. Thats what i have been told is Run Run Run,Pull Ups, Push Ups, Sit-ups etc. So looks like i got some work ahead of me. LOL it will all pay off in the long run.

sdirec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great advice, military is a running community whether you like to do it or not (love to work out/ after seven years still bored out of my mind after 2 miles). Push-ups, pull-ups, dips are terrific overall strength exercises; however, easier to correct upper body strength then a run failure. Also, you are not going to believe how much faster you'll be (with less stress on your joints) at 180 then 220. There are some terrific websites for beginner running routine.

Cavranger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So far I'm the only Soldier chining in, I've been in the Army over 20 years, I have a ton of friends who are Marines. RUN RUN RUN, then...keep running. It was already stated, you'll be running daily in Basic, pull ups are a must as well. I recommend a total body work out atleast once a week, the other training days can be split between upper and lower body, dont forget about your core muscles. Good luck and thank you for having the courage to join the Marines. SFC Rob Hale
    Last edited by Cavranger; 12-03-2009 at 04:16 PM. Reason: typos

Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Run, but also do some rucking. I don't know if the Marines are as big on rucking as the Army, but I would have to imagine they are (if not moreso). Grab yourself some boots, get a pack, and throw some weight in it (start with maybe 20-35 lbs, work your way up to 80+ if you have the time til you ship). Conditioning your feet to walk long distance with extra weight is something that takes a LOT of practice, so if you can get a leg up it will pay off immensely.