Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Artificial Sweeteners bad ?

I am getting crap from some friends and family about me using so much artificial sweetener. They all say that they've read this and that about how bad it is and how it causes this and that. I asked them to please provide proof that what they say is true, and they don't. I am asking you all here if there is anything out there on this ?

A normal day for me is

10 -15 packets of sweet-n-low , Equal or splenda divided up throughout the day +

2 servings of crystal light ( Makes 1 gallon ). Sometimes when I can't make that, I will go by Circle K and fill my 64 mug with Diet Mountain dew . If I'm out and can't have either, I will get the waitress to bring me water with lemon and I'll put 2-3 packets of artificial sweetener in that as well.

I don't want to destroy my body in any way ,and that's why I am asking.

Thanks in advance for the input .

DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You should try a product like Truvia. I used to use Splenda but I switched to Truvia.

manicwebb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manicwebb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are all kinda of rumors out there that artificial sweeteners will give you stuff like cancer. Don't worry about it so much. Artificial sweeteners are like any other food additive; it's harmful when used in excess, but safe when used in moderation. The most realistic dangers you risk are headaches and maybe some gastrointestinal problems (rumored, anyway).

That said, consuming 10-15 packets of sweetener (which I'm assuming are added to your coffee and/or tea), and a gallon of Crystal Light a day seems a bit much. I mean, you're even adding it to your water. Would you use that much sugar throughout your day if you used sugar? Maybe you should try drinking a lot more plain water, and less sweetened stuff.

phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    And here I thought maybe using it 1 - 2 times a day was a lot, while you use 10 - 15.
    Sheiko? My journey to 1,500+ @ 165

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167881761

Keep On Getting Strong

Best Gym Lifts

475/315/610 @ 165

Registered User aznstealthsnake's Avatar
    aznstealthsnake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aznstealthsnake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aznstealthsnake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aznstealthsnake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aznstealthsnake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aznstealthsnake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aznstealthsnake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aznstealthsnake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aznstealthsnake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aznstealthsnake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aznstealthsnake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did a research paper about splenda. There was no known short term and long term effects. However for long-term there still needs to be more research done but so far, the long term researches they done have concluded it doesn't do anything to the body.
    TEAM #3 Workout 2009
    There is only one way to lose a competition, QUIT. Everyone is a winner no matter how small of a weight they lost. However the real winner is the one who keeps pushing past the finish line

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ever think that maybe, just maybe, you have an addiction to sweets? Maybe you've trashed your taste buds for so long that you think everything has to be sweet?

What good could possibly come from all of that artificial sweetener?

You're certainly old enough to step up and grow out of the sweet tooth, aren't you?

If the stuff has no redeeming quality, why use it?

zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    IMO i wouldn't touch any of those artificial sweeteners. Why put those man-made chemicals in your body when you get can get a healthy natural/beneficial products on the market. Stevia i highly recommend, it comes in the powder and liquid (liquid doesnt have the bitter aftertaste that some of the powders have), if you buy the liquid just don't get the oil based one its really gross. I recommend the liquid stevia. Truvia was mentioned which contains stevia is good. Most of the stevia products you'll have to go to a health food store to purchase.

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In the end though.....in whatever form.... You consume WAY TOO MUCH sweet crap in your diet.

Why?

If I were your friend/family I would be giving you an earful every day too.

It just can't be good for you and it is totally out of control.

thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tatfree View Post
    I am getting crap from some friends and family about me using so much artificial sweetener. They all say that they've read this and that about how bad it is and how it causes this and that. I asked them to please provide proof that what they say is true, and they don't. I am asking you all here if there is anything out there on this ?

A normal day for me is

10 -15 packets of sweet-n-low , Equal or splenda divided up throughout the day +

2 servings of crystal light ( Makes 1 gallon ). Sometimes when I can't make that, I will go by Circle K and fill my 64 mug with Diet Mountain dew . If I'm out and can't have either, I will get the waitress to bring me water with lemon and I'll put 2-3 packets of artificial sweetener in that as well.

I don't want to destroy my body in any way ,and that's why I am asking.

Thanks in advance for the input .
    I probably eat 5-10 packets of Equal, 10 pieces of sugarless gum, 1 protein powder, perhaps 2-3 liters of diet soda a day. Been doing it for 3 months of cutting and feel better than when I was eating sugar. There's a lot of misinformation being spread by quack homeopath/holistic types, and I have yet to find credible scientific evidence that there's a problem with the artificial sweeteners.

Originally Posted by thrashertm View Post
    I probably eat 5-10 packets of Equal, 10 pieces of sugarless gum, 1 protein powder, perhaps 2-3 liters of diet soda a day. Been doing it for 3 months of cutting and feel better than when I was eating sugar. There's a lot of misinformation being spread by quack homeopath/holistic types, and I have yet to find credible scientific evidence that there's a problem with the artificial sweeteners.
    So tell me.... what is all of this crap doing for you? Anything positive?

Forget the potential for negative for a minute.... Why are you doing this to yourself?

You know you have a sugar addiction....

hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well, a lot of artifical sweeteners have chemicals that have caused cancer in lab rats. Humans are a lot different than lab rats. Would I use 10-15 packets a day, no, nor would I drink 2 litres of Diet Dew at once. However, I don't think your daily intake will hurt you.

andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500) andrewB007 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Artificial sweetner messed up my stomach and gastric system. Now that I have cut out all sweetner, I don't get nearly as bloated as before.
    Last edited by andrewB007; 10-26-2009 at 11:53 PM.

thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50) thrashertm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    So tell me.... what is all of this crap doing for you? Anything positive?

Forget the potential for negative for a minute.... Why are you doing this to yourself?

It helps me get through the day when I'm only eating 1600 calories, with a supposed maintenance level of 2700 according to - http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Doesn't seem to have any harmful impact.

Originally Posted by hellawaits77 View Post
    Well, a lot of artifical sweeteners have chemicals that have caused cancer in lab rats. Humans are a lot different than lab rats. Would I use 10-15 packets a day, no, nor would I drink 2 litres of Diet Dew at once. However, I don't think your daily intake will hurt you.
    I'm familiar with that lab rat study and it's bogus. The rats were given far greater doses of sweetener than a human could consume through normal food, and they were also kept alive well beyond a normal lifespan - to a point when even if they weren't getting aspartame they'd have gotten tumors.

Inuendo? In HER end Oh! PickItUp's Avatar
    PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    What's your point? So what if he has a suger addiction. I don't understand what you are going on about.
    Mark these words in the annals (no homo) of bodybuilding.com.
    8===D~~~ (.Y.)

Originally Posted by hellawaits77 View Post
    Here's a good article debunking the rat studies, from someone that doesn't even like aspartame.

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/b...partame-study/