Page 85 of 580 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 185 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 17388
    scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Crematia View Post
    I don't bench anymore. I used to.

Btw, hi everyone, I'm new to Oly lifting. Learning all I can about it.
    wow benching the bar at your weight must have been dam hard!!!

welcome...

kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kitaristi0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi guys, I'm looking for some opinions on how I should program cleans. For the past few months I have been doing an embellished version of the CFWF Novice program:

M: Squat/Press/Chins
    T: Clean/Front Squat/Core (Planks and Pallof Presses mostly)
    W: Rest
    T: Squat/Bench/Chins
    F: Deadlift/Core (I might add overhead squats after deadlifts here)

Typical novice linear progression stuff. Recently I've gotten to the point with cleans where it's getting very hard for me to complete my 3x3 without failing some reps in most sets. Now the question is should I stick with the linear progression, possibly resetting the weight and working back up or should I take another approach? Maybe work up to a 1RM and then drop the weight a little and do a couple doubles/triples. Or something else? Adding any assistance exercises or making wholesale changes to my program isn't going to happen with me still making good progress on my other lifts.

Here's me working up to a 1RM (still had something in the tank after this) on Tuesday if form is relevant to the question at hand. Skip ahead to 2:15 if you don't want to listen to When The Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin while I get ready to lift.

gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    id work up to a 1rm then drop the weight to 90-95% and try to do 5 singles at that weight.
    anything higher than a double really doesnt add strength well to olympic lifts since its about adapting to a heavier weight. honestly i havent done anything over a single in the olympic lifts for over a year.

gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

best song ever, best band ever

Noobsauce Olympic Lifter Crematia's Avatar
    Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gewaltiger View Post

best song ever, best band ever
    Well until Chris Barnes left they were.....

I'm a big Six Feet Under fan. Don't like George Fisher at all.

Originally Posted by Crematia View Post
    Well until Chris Barnes left they were.....

I'm a big Six Feet Under fan. Don't like George Fisher at all.
    why i like both
    WAITING FOR DECAY

my lower back has a ton of pressure on it even when i stand with 135lbs racked in a clean. what do i do.

Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500)
    ^^^^^^^^^how...front squat doesnt even put much on the lower back...middle back yeah imo

also, how can i make my shoulders more flexible? need flexibility routine nao

idfk how it just does and im pissed
    i read somewhere to not foam roll and stretch out your lower back (which i have been doing cuz i was under the impression that it was good). looking back on things, my lower back pain started when i began to do hamstring + lower back stretches and foam rolling on my lower back as preventative measure. it seems that caused it to actually happen because i never had any problem whatsoever with my lower back before. awzum.

Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500) Spaghettii is not very helpful. (-500)
    idfk how it just does and im pissed
    i read somewhere to not foam roll and stretch out your lower back (which i have been doing cuz i was under the impression that it was good). looking back on things, my lower back pain started when i began to do hamstring + lower back stretches and foam rolling on my lower back as preventative measure. it seems that caused it to actually happen because i never had any problem whatsoever with my lower back before. awzum.
    lower back is made for stability, just saying. don't stretch something stable
    i wouldn't want to stretch my knee now would i...if that is actually possible lulz.

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Spaghettii View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^how...front squat doesnt even put much on the lower back...middle back yeah imo

also, how can i make my shoulders more flexible? need flexibility routine nao
    Broomstick dislocates

50 "reps" a night, gradually moving your grip in during the "set", and over time.

...and less bench pressing

Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by hazard52003 View Post
    I used to bench all the time back when i didn't know what i was doing and when i was doing more BB stuff. and the best i ever got was about ~90kg.

I doubt i'll ever be able to bench 100kg in my life. lol
    yea well me too
    I'm never gonna hit 100kg

that's why I don't understand all these people are getting this many reps with it

Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    Broomstick dislocates

50 "reps" a night, gradually moving your grip in during the "set", and over time.

...and less bench pressing
    i'm gonna use my silver sharpie to mark my progress anything else for shoulder flexiblity?
    also what grip am i aiming for? I've heard of clean grip shoulder dislocates...very strong flexibility!

Originally Posted by Merauder View Post
    yea well me too
    I'm never gonna hit 100kg

that's why I don't understand all these people are getting this many reps with it
    100kg is only 220lbs is it...if it's a lift you practice constantly you will get it.

fffffuuuuuuu can't do dislocates

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    fffffuuuuuuu can't do dislocates
    A regular broomstick wasn't wide enough for me; I had to go to Home Depot and find a super long one (no edit).

You can also start with a towel or resistance bands/tubing.

A regular broomstick wasn't wide enough for me; I had to go to Home Depot and find a super long one (no edit).

that's not the reason why. it puts too much strain on my injured wrist. i can do the broomstick.

how long did it take you to reach clean grip width?

can't hit parallel with OH squats even with a broomstick (back straight), fml.

also, posting all of my situations in this thread because i'd feel i'm flooding the front page with threads, and no one looks there anyways...if you guys feel like you're being intruded i'll stop.

Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    that's not the reason why. it puts too much strain on my injured wrist. i can do the broomstick.

how long did it take you to reach clean grip width?

I don't grip the bar tightly when I do dislocations

kinda just hold it with a finger and my thumb or else it hurts my wrists

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

o shet i didnt know you listened to DM marauder. whats your most listened to bands? i like the usual you know.. JFAC, CC, SFU, deicide, blahblahblah. the only concert ive ever been to was CC. obscura was there too (kickass tech dm band dude). had a really good time, theyre spectacular to watch live

skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Suffocation, At the Gates, Carcass, Behemoth, Nile, Pig Destroyer, Red Chord, Spawn of Possession

Or at least I used to.

behemoth, nile, n pig destroyaaa r gud

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    behemoth, nile, n pig destroyaaa r gud
    Huh?
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

Cool

why i like both
    WAITING FOR DECAY
    this thread could use some more DEATH ****ING METAL YEAH!

o shet i didnt know you listened to DM marauder. whats your most listened to bands? i like the usual you know.. JFAC, CC, SFU, deicide, blahblahblah. the only concert ive ever been to was CC. obscura was there too (kickass tech dm band dude). had a really good time, theyre spectacular to watch live

most listened to:
    Nile, bloodbath, cannibal corpse, suffocation, at the gates, behemoth but there's so much I'm forgetting here
    and ofcourse some oldskool Death

recently went to view Nile and those guys really blew me away!
    those are some class A musicians right there

they play brutal deathmetal but karl sanders couldn't hide his smile because he's enjoying it that much

anyone play in a band or something here?

also it's my first day of internship today and I'm enjoying myself
    Last edited by Merauder; 02-12-2010 at 03:36 AM.

madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I used to play in an Irish traditional band...

GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ugh don't talk about traditional Irish music, it just reminds me of how cabin crazy I get this time of year. I just want to go outside and throw stuff in front of crowds of drunks, while smelling greasy festival food , and hearing 100 poorly played bagpipes and irish fiddle tunes...
    Gnomefit...ain't for everybody, only the sexy people.

Originally Posted by madaozeki View Post
    I used to play in an Irish traditional band...
    I give you credit for admitting to such a thing.

GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    He's Canadian, that stuff is big up here.
    Gnomefit...ain't for everybody, only the sexy people.

Originally Posted by GnomusMaximus View Post
    He's Canadian, that stuff is big up here.
    Figures.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    i win i have my own kilt!!!

Page 85 of 580 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 185 ... LastLast