Thread: Eggs

joshuasaville has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshuasaville has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshuasaville has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Eggs

Hello, I am currently cutting on a 2000 calorie 40/40/20 diet and am interested in adding eggs to increase the variety of food. Rather than eggs themselves though, I am primarily interested in suggestions of how to cook them - fried, scrambled, boiled, etc. I have always been a fan of fried eggs but there does not seem to be a clear consensus online as to what circumstances it should be eaten. If I was to use a non-stick cooking spray instead of a cooking oil (significantly less calories, etc.) while still including the minor contribution of calories from the spray and simply incorporating the fats from the spray and eggs into my 20% of fats, are there any pros and cons relative to boiling or any other form of cooking?

Also, I would fry my eggs over easy.

THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you want to eat over-easy eggs, use PAM on the pan and its just that simple..

I prefer omlettes with ground beef and veggies and low-fat swiss cheese
    im getting beef, veggies, and dairy in that mixture.

joshuasaville has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshuasaville has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joshuasaville has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is there any con to frying rather than boiling though? If I incorporate the spray or oil into the macronutrients of my diet I don't see what problem there could be. Many people just seem to have a bias against frying - is there good reason?

THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you could use a teaspoon of olive oil to bump up your efas a bit...

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by joshuasaville View Post
    Is there any con to frying rather than boiling though? If I incorporate the spray or oil into the macronutrients of my diet I don't see what problem there could be. Many people just seem to have a bias against frying - is there good reason?
    IF you were to deep fry chicken like they do in the south, you would be adding considerable amounts of extra calories (hundreds). Lightly frying with small amounts of oil is certainly healthy and common among Asian countries (which have healthy diets for the most part).
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Make a frittata. Lightly sautee peppers, onions, and musrooms in a pan and then toss your egg mixture on top of them after the veggies are done.
    Will rep back 250+

=== ☆ ☆ Fernando Rollins Crew ☆ ☆ ===

58.1% on our stock picking YTD. Trade with us!
    www.TradersBase.com

ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Poached eggs with wheat bread toast .

thejoeflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejoeflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejoeflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejoeflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejoeflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejoeflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejoeflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejoeflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejoeflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejoeflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejoeflow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ShaeHST View Post
    Poached eggs with wheat bread toast .
    x2 this is what I do.
    Poached eggs are the best!

supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tjperez86 View Post
    you could use a teaspoon of olive oil to bump up your efas a bit...
    Good advice
    This is the best way to add some healthy fat which is needed by all EFAs
    Some People are nothing more than a skid-mark on the toilet bowl of life, never let them bring you down the drain with them
    Currently ranked 6th Total @Powerliftingwatch.com Masters rankings @220 Raw
    # 36 Mens 1565 RAW TOTAL
    UPA NAtionals Winner 4-17-2011

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Valjean View Post
    Make a frittata. Lightly sautee peppers, onions, and musrooms in a pan and then toss your egg mixture on top of them after the veggies are done.
    This (but missing one ingredient)
    Thuuuuughh Cheese
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShaeHST has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by supy View Post
    Good advice
    This is the best way to add some healthy fat which is needed by all EFAs
    I switched to olive oil a while back, too. It's a little healthier and tastes better, a bit more expensive but worth it in my opinion.

supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I switched to olive oil a while back, too. It's a little healthier and tastes better, a bit more expensive but worth it in my opinion.
    You made a very wise and healthy choice
    Some People are nothing more than a skid-mark on the toilet bowl of life, never let them bring you down the drain with them
    # 36 Mens 1565 RAW TOTAL

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

when you consider it on a calorie per dollar basis, it is still very cheap
    Founder of MMDELAD

youngbey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngbey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngbey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngbey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngbey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngbey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i sometimes make a omelet with them with extra virgin olive oil & some sliced onions. it takes really good.

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    Never thought of it that way, but you're right.

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    The bigger the bottle you buy the cheaper it gets Definitely get the Extra Virgin. Costco sells it cheap
    # 36 Mens 1565 RAW TOTAL

BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I use coconut oil. I would waste away on a 2000 calories a day diet. I lose weight if I drop close to or below 3000 calories a day.
    "The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work."-T. Edison-

"Governments should also decrease the role of economists - they're no more reliable than astrologers, and they do more damage."-N. Taleb-

"A fundamental characteristic of our economy is that the financial system swings between robustness and fragility, and these swings are an integral part of the process that generates business cycles."-H. Minsky-

Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    fried in butter

poached

frittata

Crustless quiche- can make mini ones or a huge one- load up with meats, veggies, whatever you fancy!

scrambled with lashings of butter/olive oil

omlette's

...little flourless muffins

possibilities are endless!