Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CanuckTank View Post
    Let's get realistic, saying Nunn should get first is ridiculous. He looked great, but needs to fill out to become a show winner. He was top 3-4 for sure, but first place, not a chance. Anyone saying that seriously needs to not exaggerate the judging problem to include delusions.

DJ deserved the win seeing overall, no one was close to him.

With that being said, Fouad's legs were fading and lacked the pop they had last year and hence why he dropped a place or two.

Stubbs getting third in this comp destroyed their credibility bigtime. No one is going to take this comp seriously anymore.
    Thickness alone should not win a bodybuilding contest....

it is a synergy

synergy = the sum of the parts create something more valuable than the parts seperatly
    I wish it lasted, forever.

the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by siersy View Post

it is a synergy

synergy = the sum of the parts create something more valuable than the parts seperatly
    Deep answer.

Why not just say the complete package
    EPO all in my veins; Lately things just don’t seem the same; Actin’ funny, but I don’t know why; ’Scuse me while I pass this guy.

3MGS6 is just really nice. (+1000) 3MGS6 is just really nice. (+1000) 3MGS6 is just really nice. (+1000) 3MGS6 is just really nice. (+1000) 3MGS6 is just really nice. (+1000) 3MGS6 is just really nice. (+1000) 3MGS6 is just really nice. (+1000) 3MGS6 is just really nice. (+1000) 3MGS6 is just really nice. (+1000) 3MGS6 is just really nice. (+1000) 3MGS6 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^^ He obviously wanted to use the word of the day - synergy.
    Anyway to topic. Interesting (read questionable) judging at the Europa Pro.

◄█▄ Whey to The Hey ▄█► Whey Hey's Avatar
    Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Let's get realistic, saying Nunn should get first is ridiculous. He looked great, but needs to fill out to become a show winner. He was top 3-4 for sure, but first place, not a chance. Anyone saying that seriously needs to not exaggerate the judging problem to include delusions.

DJ deserved the win seeing overall, no one was close to him.

With that being said, Fouad's legs were fading and lacked the pop they had last year and hence why he dropped a place or two.

Stubbs getting third in this comp destroyed their credibility bigtime. No one is going to take this comp seriously anymore.
    Heres a criticism from my point of view, yes its a subjective review, but w/e:

Dennis James:

- Lacked back detail, his back could be slightly more conditioned, his traps just sort of flow into his spinal erectors, doesnt look crisp at all.
    - His triceps have absolutely no definition or separation, no striations or anything..
    - His rear delts look soft, not much separation between the 3 heads of the delt... again, quite soft.
    - His bicep peak doesnt look as good as Nunn's, its pretty flat...
    - His glutes are soft and so are his hamstrings
    - You can see his gut from a RDB come on...

However:

- VERY good overall thickness and mature muscle

Edd Nunn:

- Fantastic back definition and separation between each muscle, ie: Teres Major and Lattissimus Dorsi... you can see each muscle clearly, very crisp.
    - Good delt separation, could be better, but better than James.
    - Solid bicep peak and striated and crisp triceps.
    - Hamstrings and glutes are shredded..look at those hams !
    - He doesnt have a visible gut from the back..

However: I think he needs a bit more lower back thickness, not as thick in general as Dennis James...

This is just one pose... no way im gonna do more than this... but i hope some people agree with my criticisms... i feel they are fairly accurate for a subjective review..

EDIT: Calves are pretty equal...
    Last edited by Whey Hey; 08-18-2009 at 02:08 AM.

Hero. Psycho. Insomniac. Skigazzi's Avatar
    Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Whey Hey View Post

If I didnt know better, I'd say the guy on the bottom was a top tier BB'er and won the event, and the guy on top finished out of the 'money' at the NPC's

I like DJ too, but man he didn't look great, looked 2 weeks out (he oddly always looks insane when he is infact two weeks out though...and a little wet on stage 2 weeks later)
    The Dark Knight...Rises.

CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Heres a criticism from my point of view, yes its a subjective review, but w/e:

Dennis James:

- Lacked back detail, his back could be slightly more conditioned, his traps just sort of flow into his spinal erectors, doesnt look crisp at all.
    - His triceps have absolutely no definition or separation, no striations or anything..
    - His rear delts look soft, not much separation between the 3 heads of the delt... again, quite soft.
    - His bicep peak doesnt look as good as Nunn's, its pretty flat...
    - His glutes are soft and so are his hamstrings
    - You can see his gut from a RDB come on...

However:

- VERY good overall thickness and mature muscle

Edd Nunn:

- Fantastic back definition and separation between each muscle, ie: Teres Major and Lattissimus Dorsi... you can see each muscle clearly, very crisp.
    - Good delt separation, could be better, but better than James.
    - Solid bicep peak and striated and crisp triceps.
    - Hamstrings and glutes are shredded..look at those hams !
    - He doesnt have a visible gut from the back..

However: I think he needs a bit more lower back thickness, not as thick in general as Dennis James...

This is just one pose... no way im gonna do more than this... but i hope some people agree with my criticisms... i feel they are fairly accurate for a subjective review..

EDIT: Calves are pretty equal...
    Nunn absolutely demolished Dennis he beat him so bad even his mother was aching....the outrage across the bb boards is only a testament to that FACT.

As for the judges....I seriously think they should have their license suspended and never be allowed to judge a show ever again.

siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    DJ is a big name....

big names carry big money

clear cut obvious corruption going on here... lets be honest he was not good enough to beat nunn....

CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

it is a synergy

Nah, his "synergy" was not as full as DJs.
    Like Brutis...you can do dis.

caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000) caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000) caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000) caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000) caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000) caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000) caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000) caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000) caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000) caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000) caleb56 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CloudSurfer View Post
    Nunn absolutely demolished Dennis he beat him so bad even his mother was aching....the outrage across the bb boards is only a testament to that FACT.

As for the judges....I seriously think they should have their license suspended and never be allowed to judge a show ever again.
    Only Bodybuiding.com is saying he should of won. Everywhere else ppl are only mad that he didnt place atleast third.
    "I'll take my experience along with the results of hundreds of other pro's I know, over some research any day."

Pro Bob Chick

CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by caleb56 View Post
    Only Bodybuiding.com is saying he should of won. Everywhere else ppl are only mad that he didnt place atleast third.
    Yip, huge fanboism bandwagon jumping. In a front doublebi he looked pretty thin.

rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yip, huge fanboism bandwagon jumping. In a front doublebi he looked pretty thin.
    I didn't see the comp and haven't made judgements on who should have won, but there is a front double bi comparison in another thread and that "thinness" comes from having a tiny waist which is absent in most bbers today. His detail and overall package was impressive from what i've seen, far more aesthetic than anyone I've seen in quite some time.

Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Eh?

His waist was thin, yes.... his arms and legs were facking huge.... i would say his lats need a little more width.. but god dam, thin? haha

brb growing a gut so i dont look thin on stage.

FlexinFlip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexinFlip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexinFlip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexinFlip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexinFlip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexinFlip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexinFlip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexinFlip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexinFlip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexinFlip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlexinFlip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DJ is a big name....

big names carry big money

clear cut obvious corruption going on here... lets be honest he was not good enough to beat nunn....
    Well said. DJ was off by a couple of days. He is holding water like a wet sponge. I think Nunn and Foud were spot on and I think it is disgrace and disrespectful to them to place them the way they were. This sport is going backwards. Instead of advancing, correcting errors from past contests and awarding the best bb (best lines, size, cuts, conditioning, ie - overall package) on the stage, they award it to the most popular, probably most sponsored, who was so obviously off his game and the other guy who looks like a light bulb.

#1 Sexiest Miscer streetlethaleg6's Avatar
    streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) streetlethaleg6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Angry

agreed & cosigned!!!!
    Light days? What is that a tampon?"-Branch Warren

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lets go to the video tape in one comparison group from the contest:

and then this:

the legs are comparable, but, Nunn's chest cavity depth is so far less than James, that in this shot, you could see a major discrepancy in balance between upper and lower body development.

it should be very obvious to the observer.....judges are seeing this also: these photos were taken from the pre judging.....

Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    lets go to the video tape in one comparison group from the contest:

the legs are comparable, but, Nunn's chest cavity depth is so far less than James, that in this shot, you could see a major discrepancy in balance between upper and lower body development.

it should be very obvious to the observer.....judges are seeing this also: these photos were taken from the pre judging.....
    Thats just the way Nunn is hitting it.... If he did it like Arnold, he would open up this pose alot more. In that pic, it seems he is trying to hit it like Ronnie... but Ron always had the size to pull it off...

Nunn should rotate his arm further back and lean towards the crowd so his rear pec shoots over the top....

The way Heath hits it makes his chest look narrow....

If Nunn hit it like Arnold he would look better.

ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Gosu View Post
    i dont see why all hate... dennis james is great bodybuilder, and he deserved win

My first time seeing these photos and I'm shocked. He looks fantastic compared to what he looked like a few years ago. No gut spilling out, solid symmetry, wow, I'm still reviewing the rest of the photos but I liked what James has done to step back from the edge and regain a top physique.
    Russell Wilson, the first QB in NFL history to throw a game-winning interception.

"So you got fired again eh?" "Yeah, they always freak out when you leave the scene of an accident."

Spiders are like offensive linemen, the best ones do their job and you never notice them.

An obvious example of New Math.
    "It was a 2% tax hike, dumbass. From 3% to 5%"-NRKF84

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wheyhey
    Thats just the way Nunn is hitting it.... If he did it like Arnold, he would open up this pose alot more. In that pic, it seems he is trying to hit it like Ronnie... but Ron always had the size to pull it off...

remember, Whey: presentation is a key part of winning or losing....if a contestant poses in a manner that gives the judge a PERCEPTION of something, regardless of whether it is really true or not, that is how he will be judged...

Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000)
    Stubbs getting third in this comp destroyed their credibility bigtime. No one is going to take this comp seriously anymore.[/QUOTE]

Stubbs deserved his placing. Had his lower body from the back been more conditioned he could have won.

learn to hit pose son

Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Nunn should rotate his arm further back and lean towards the crowd so his rear pec shoots over the top....

The way Heath hits it makes his chest look narrow....

If Nunn hit it like Arnold he would look better.

Nunn just doesnt have the chest thickness to hit that open side chest like arnold did it. Neither does Heath. Ronnie had a similar thing going on (its just the fact that he packed on so much chest mass that he could equal, or even surpass, guys who had genetically better chests) and so had to crunch the chest up. Where as guys like Arnold, Ruhl and James can hit a big open side chest. Like arnold said, "if u dont got it, dont hit it"

Eh?

His waist was thin, yes.... his arms and legs were facking huge.... i would say his lats need a little more width.. but god dam, thin? haha

brb growing a gut so i dont look thin on stage.
    Everyone that was at the comp said he lacked thickness and overall needed to fill out more. You can't argue with who was there.

With that said, he deserved a lot more than 7th.

Everyone that was at the comp said he lacked thickness and overall needed to fill out more. You can't argue with who was there.

With that said, he deserved a lot more than 7th.
    Needed more thickness, but by no means thin Although his waist and striated obliques do give that impression i suppose

Needed more thickness, but by no means thin Although his waist and striated obliques do give that impression i suppose
    It was a relative observation, I wasn't saying he was skinny. =p